Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

Question red and blue Basculin

Is there any difference between red and blue Basculin besides the color?

Old 12-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Skylands Offline

Default Re: red and blue Basculin

Red striped Basculin are available only in White version, and blue striped Basculin can only be found in Black version. That's about it apart from colour.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
Red striped Basculin are available only in White version, and blue striped Basculin can only be found in Black version. That's about it apart from colour.
No, it's the other way around. Also, they're not version exclusive. In Black I managed to find blue Basculin in bubbling water (or surfing spots as they're more commonly called), they're just rare. Here's an example for you. :3

Also there are a few physical differences between the colors. :D Their eye shape is different, so are their fins (red has spikey fins while blue has them flat and curving into a point), that also applies to the fin on their bellies as well as the fin just behind the dorsal (I think that's what the front-most fin on their back is called).

As far as stats go, I don't think there is any difference whatsoever, just the color variation.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM
mightydes Offline

Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes

I believe the blue Basculin also gets a different ability. Red gets Reckless and Adaptability, while Blue gets Reckless, Adaptability, and Rock Head. I think. Someone's gonna have to double check for me. ^^"

Old 12-31-2011, 09:09 AM
Swampert Guy Offline

Cool Re: red and blue Basculin

I firstly thought that could be a difference about stats (one more offensive or deffensive than the other), but if the only difference is at the ability, so I think that they're not that different besides the color, though.
Closed Thread