Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596
Default [AI][RP]Perfectworld Phase One[Suspended]

As you might have seen in the SUDS, this RP is suspended. Post in the SUDS if you want to put in your two cents, but I WILL bring it back. I promise. It was fun while it lasted, so(for now) This is your PwPo host, Max, signing off for the last time in a while. Thanks for making it so fun, guys!

(Credit to Charmander009)
[The SUDS. Ha.]
------
Here.
We.
Go.

------

"Sometimes I really wonder if I should've killed him. Was he really better at this than me? I guess he wouldn't have let Vael summon all these...things."

Day 1-New Hope?

Soar

Sara Aurion
-----------------

Sara stood overlooking the whole Soar base. It was magnificent, most of the buildings a pure white. The people of World 8 never really made the jump to fossil fuel, and all traveling was on foot. Sara had been to other worlds, but she shuddered slightly as she brought up those memories. She looked down on them; her peons. They didn't feel like any of the sort, humans, pokemon, pokemorphs; they're all their own. They'd declined in the past few years, losing power, and the threat of an invasion by The System held most of the members of Soar in fear.

The thought of today snapped her back to the present. She solemly picked up her greatsword, pulling out of the ground. The caretakers hated the cuts and holes in her floor, but she liked it like that. Looking at the smooth wide metal blade provided a look of her face. Long, silver hair waved down her neck and down her back a few inches. It was straight, a trait she never really cared for. Her eyes stared back at her own as if they weren't her own, as she slowly sheathed the sword on her back. 'This blade might see blood for the first time in a long time today...' Sara remembered again what she had to do now.

Pushing open the doors of her bedroom, she stepped down the hallway at a slow pace. She sensed it, this was going to be the last peaceful moment for a long time.

>>>PROGRESS>>>

"Miss Aurion, what are you doing outside?" The short stubby man stared questioningly at Sara, her anwser less pleasant than he'd hoped.

"I'm going to monitor the process manually. Is that a problem? I could get you fired for your idiocy." Sara told him sternly, almost reaching for the shortsword at her waist.

"Y-yes ma'am." he said, almost dashing out of Sara's way as she walked through the huge ornate doors and outside. The air was brisk, but felt cold as she sprinted out of the base and out to where the subjects would assemble. She at least hoped someone had a fight to put up.

-END-

The System

"Sir."

"Now what do you require?"

"Not so much as require, but a notification of sorts.

"Go on."

"Soar has hacked into the Database and..."

"Yes?"

"They selected random entities and transported them to World 8."

"I don't see what the problem is. It'll only end in failure."

"Y-yes sir."

-END-

Gameover

"Grah-hahaha! This is perfect We might even gain some more recruits! At the very least, our blades will tase blood! Hahaha!"

"Calm youself, Athor. We'll attempt to recruit them, yes. But do you think they won't be guarded? I swear, sometimes..."

"Shut up you two. You're both wrong, I have a better plan..."

-END-

Freelance Characters

The name popped into his mind. Raio, he felt as if it were his. Next, he started to hear birds, quietly chirping amongst the space. He tried to move a hand. It scratched roughly against long, thin blades of grass, leaving his hands wet with morning dew. He tried to lift himself off of the ground, but he found he didn’t have the strength to hold his own weight. Trying to force his heavy eyelids up, he looked around slowly, everything was so new. There was some sort of huge plants looming above him, blocking all of the sunlight except for small patches scattered around the grass. Leaves blew away, opening up a hole in the leaf barrier, the sun’s rays hitting his eyes painfully. He felt a silent power push through him, his senses sharpening, the ringing in his head fading quickly. Raio slowly stood up, his bare feet feeling the grass between his toes.

He noticed an object stuck to his back, and pulled the weapon off of him. Raio knew it was a spear. It was a bright red, the light reflecting and making it even brighter. The metal pole felt light in his hands, and the spear's triangle-shaped blade seemed familiar.

Suddenly and without a single sound, he flung the blade towards a nearby tree, cutting a large gash in the bark. He hit again, making a cross in the wood. More gashes joined them, the bark cut up and leaking sap. The weapon was trying to tell him something, something to do. Raio’s arm moved on its own, lunging downwards at the already cut-up tree, the blade…glowing? The attack cut the tree straight down the middle, causing the two sides to fall to the ground with a loud crash. It felt so right, so…in sync.

Satisfied, Raio walked off to the village that seemed to just have appeared…

Zwelit had always been an outcast. Disgraced, friendless, hated,

All because of his past. That, and what he was.

“Maybe this world will be better. Although I’ve said that before.” Zwelit stood tall in the clearing, the sun refracting off of his brown fur, the ears on the top of his head alert to the sounds of the birds.

‘I’m just a pokemorph with no memory, an eevee with no past’ Zwelit told himself, almost whispering the words. Noticing a blue object in the distance, he walked towards it.

Coming to another clearing, he found the blade impaled in the ground in front of him. Was it...calling for him? It felt like the blade was telling him to draw it, commanding him. It looked flimsy, but strong. The blade was long and thin, the handle a light blue.

A rapier. He noticed the handiwork also, but grabbed the blade by the time he thought to stop.

It felt almost heavy in his hands, despite its slim blade. He also noticed a sheath on his belt now, one that wasn’t there before. Cautiously sheathing the blade, he walked off deeper into the woods…

Raine sat silently against the rough bark of the lone tree in the area, looking at the forest before her. She had always loved forests. Her red ears twitched, feeling someone-no, something in the distance. Standing up silently, she shook her head slowly.

”They were stupid to do this. It’s already foretold that most, if not all of them are going to die.” She sighed silently, catching a moment to breathe in the warm air. ”I hate my job.”

“The time has come, the time…”

“…the time…for my freedom…”

“…for my hope…”

“…for me…”

“…to…”

“…die.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...

Last edited by Max0596; 09-12-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: [RP][All Inclusive]Perfectworld Phase One

Anna Atoli
Endless Forest

She stared ahead blankly at the light that fell in slanted rectangles across the room’s floor. A thousand thoughts buzzed though her head, and she could focus on none. Memories bombarded her in rapid flashes, expensive dresses, high-pitched voices that hurt her ears, a warm voice calling for her attention, other voices teasing her, even more demanding nothing short of perfection from her, running down hallways, dashing through rooms, running down more hallways, running, running, always running, and then… This room. She had found this room, completely empty. And then she was dancing rather than running…and then suddenly she was falling. She could dance no longer, and so her sanctuary vanished.

“…I just wish I had listened to you.” And then she sat down and did not get up. She hadn’t ever since, and here she was now, still sitting.

Anna Atoli sat bolt upright with a gasp, hand flying to her chest. She had been sleeping? That must have meant she had been dreaming about… What was it again? She had no idea, she didn't remember, but she couldn’t shake the feeling of loss and being crushed at the same time, yet it wasn’t the loss that was crushing her and she remembered the sight of slanted blocks of light falling across a white tiled floor. That room certainly wasn’t where she was now, she noted calmly as she looked around her to find herself surrounded by green. The grass beneath her was green as could be, and most of it around her looked as though it was fairly untouched. “How…did I wind up here?” The words were soft and curious, spoken in a voice that seemed to say it was fairly unused. Anna didn’t know why she asked the question, there was no one around and she didn’t know the answer herself. She was also surrounded by trees, lots of tall trees.

It was no place she recognized.

Of course, trying to think back to any place she remembered was impossible, as though there was a wall blocking off everything but her name and age and the feelings mixed with that single image of slanted squares of light falling across a white tiled floor. With no other options, Anna stood and began to walk.

As she did, it became glaringly apparent to her that no matter what she didn’t remember, Anna was used to having another with her. She kept looking over her shoulder, as though she was expecting to see someone there, and she felt…odd. Anna almost thought maybe calling it feeling incomplete would be the appropriate phrase, but then again, maybe not… It was this feeling that she concentrated on as she walked through the forest, which she was now beginning to wonder whether or not it was actually endless. There was no way for her to confirm this, however, and she had no other option, so Anna kept walking. It was during this time that she seemed to realize that with no real memory, she had no idea who she was. Who am I, then? She asked herself absently as she continued on, and suddenly she found passed a puddle of water. Looking down into it, she saw a pale face framed by wild, wavy blonde hair that had a pink bow hanging halfway down it as though it had fallen and she hadn’t bothered to fix it, and large, yet emotionless blue-green(but mostly green) eyes. I am the one that was crushed. My name is Anna. Anna Atoli. Somewhere in her conscience her question was answered, but she did not stop, she kept going and accepted it as fact.

It was when she saw the village that Anna wondered if maybe this was the dream, or if the village was an illusion, but it was a break in the dense trees as well as something new, she might as well give it a shot.

Skylar "Sky" Boschtallen
Endless Forest

They stare at her in surprise for a moment, sadness is all over her mother’s face while the others in red and black just look at her in shock. “She looks like you, boss.” One says finally, still staring at her and she notices her mother flinch. A man turns from her mother to her, she’s a lot like her mother, but she realizes she’s more like him as blue eyes so similar to her own pin her to the floor before he jerks his gaze away from her and—

“Your father couldn’t come with us.” Mom always said—

“Take both of them, and keep them apart.” He says sharply, is that pain in his voice? Her mother kicks and screams and curses at him as they drag her away, and as they get her to the door she throws the big punch—

“You’re going to condemn me, fine, but your daughter?!?!” And the world stops once again—

The man that she so closely resembles turns away from looking at her mother to those dragging her out the house. “MOVE IT!” He shouts before grabbing roughly by the arm and yanking her after them. She’s afraid—

“Mom…” She whimpers, all she wants is—

“MOM!” The single word flew from her lips as she jerked into awareness. With as fast as her head became clear and she found herself on her feet, it was obvious she was fairly used to waking in such a manner. Bicolored eyes, one a vibrant red and the other a pale blue surveyed the scene around her—not that there was much of one. Just trees, lots and lots of trees. “How did I…?” She reached up to tug on the tips of several perfectly gelled and blue-tipped blonde spikes, tilting her head slightly to the side in thought. Wasn’t I just…? Where? She couldn’t remember where she had been before this. She remembered the dream, but she knew that was from her younger years if it really was more than a dream—which something told her it was. In any case, it wasn’t really helping her to site there and ponder about the whole ordeal. “No place to go but forward…” She sighed heavily before walking, just as she had said, forward. As she walked, another thought struck her. My name…? What is it? Sure, she couldn't remember anything, really, but her lack of a name bothered her most of all.

Even as the question posed itself to her, she stepped out in a clearing and into the light. She cringed at the sudden brightness, but looked up anyway, into bright, breathtaking blue. “Sorrow, it’s called Sorrow, little Sky of mine...” She blinked as the voice that she knew was not hers filled her head. Whose voice was it if it wasn’t hers? She wondered, for a moment before it hit her.

Skylar Boschtallen. Sky, that’s my name…
And then she moved out of the clearing, suddenly seeing a village in the distance. “Finally, it seems there is life around here!” Sky muttered, picking up her speed.

Shenz
Endless Forest

He fidgeted, glancing all around him, wasn’t there supposed to be someone with him? Wasn’t he supposed to protect her? Had he failed?

He didn’t know. He didn’t know anything really, except for his name. Shenz. Couldn’t get much weirder than that, but a name was a name; who was he to complain? All he could really do right now was worry about that feeling he had that there was supposed to be someone with him and the overpowering idea that this person (she?) might be in danger, lots of danger. Or in pain, lots and lots of pain. The ideas tore at him as he lay on the grass, staring up at the big blue sky peeking out between spaces in the leaves above him until he finally shoved himself up. “Have to find her, have to make sure she’s okay…” He mumbled as he began to move forward, walking at first, then jogging until he finally burst into a full-blown run through the forest. In the moment he took to stop and catch his breath briefly, he looked to the side for a moment and then looked forward again.

Had that been there before?

Shenz was sure it hadn’t been, he would have seen it earlier, right? Maybe not. He didn’t really care, because he still had to find her, had to make sure she was safe. Where there were others, maybe she would be as well. With that thought, Shenz took off running again, towards the village, hoping with all his heart that this someone he was looking for was both there and unharmed.

Hook (Because it was never clarified whether or not pokemon needed their own intros...)
Endless Forest

The large, dark creature sniffed the air. There was no scent of another in the air, and yet... What had he been expecting? He didn't exactly know, other than the fact he was almost positive he was used to being with someone. Someone who needed him and cared for him.

But there was no scent of this person, no other scent of anything at all, really. That thought bothered the Krookodile. If he was supposed to be with someone and he wasn't...what did that mean? With no other option, he began to walk. Maybe if he walked, he would remember, or find someone else, he thought.

Then he saw the village in the distance. Wondering if there might be someone there who could help him, or maybe even find that person he was supposed to be with, the Krookodile began to wander towards the village slowly, but surely.

OOC: Wow, I love how these progressively got shorter and shorter...NOT. Anyway, just to clarify, with Anna, was having a bit of a dream before she woke up, and though it's based on her memories, she remembers nothing about it aside from the image of the room. Meanwhile Sky is in a very similar boat, except she does remember her dream because to put it simply, her past isn't something she could ever forget completely(even if she doesn't think it's her past), she's had a very rough life and there are just certain memories that are etched into her, though at this point she'll be more likely to think she's dreaming/going nutty, like with the quote, however, she probably won't actually remember much beyond her nightmares and that quote.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 12-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Aarilyn DX4002

Like an uncoiling spring, Aarilyn abruptly jumped to her feet. Her eyes darted wildly around her surroundings, ears twitching as she heard her own startled cry rebounded densely off the tree trunks. Though her head swam from jerking out of unconsciousness so quickly, she kept every muscle in her streamlined body tense and ready to attack. Several moments of silence passed by before the Dewott allowed herself to relax… somewhat.

Her sapphire eyes continued to scan the forest as she waited for her thoughts to catch up with her. Firstly, she was aware that the forest seemed very strange to her. For some reason, she got the idea that she hadn’t been in many before. Truthfully, she felt out of place.

So… how in the blazes did she end up here?

“Tick, status report,” she spoke out loud, turning her head around. Seconds after those words left her mouth, she wondered why she had said them. Who was Tick? And what was this about a status report?

Baffled, the Dewott lifted her paw to scratch her head. She was surprised when her claws brushed up against metal. All the more confused, she felt her way around the object, trying to figure out what it was. The device was wrapped around her ear, and ran along her cheekbone. For a second, she thought about ripping it off, but then she wondered why she should. Was it supposed to be there?

Scowling, Aarilyn wracked her head for memories that would provide much needed explanations. To her frustration, all she was met with was a blank wall.

“All right, who’s been messing with my head?” the Dewott shot a challenge out to the trees. She doubted that anyone was listening, but she wanted to vent some of her anger. Without her memories, she felt vulnerable and… compromised. Someone had been tampering with her memories, and she didn't appreciate it.

She was going to get to the bottom of this.

For the first time, Aarilyn noticed a pair of yellowish sea-shells resting in the grass by her feet. Or, at least, she thought that they were shells. The longer she looked, the more they looked like something… more. They were thicker than what should be natural, and the edges were traced with iron and inset with white-glowing lights. Curious, Aarilyn scooped them up in her gray-furred paws.

She immediately liked how they felt in her grasp, almost like they were carved to fit perfectly to every curve in her paw. It felt… natural.

Spinning around, Aarilyn held the shells like guns in her hand, aiming them at an innocent tree. A high-pitched whistling filled the air, seconds before a white-hot burst of energy shot from the end of the Scallchops. The poor tree never stood a chance—the blast left an unsightly spot of charred bark on its trunk.

With a satisfied smirk, Aarilyn hooked the pair of shells onto her thighs. She was quite confident that the weapons were hers; it wasn’t much to go on, but she knew that these Schallcop guns were a vital part of her past. Maybe her memory would be restored in time, but she wasn’t going to wait around this blasted forest till then. Determined to solve this mystery, she picked up her feet and marched onwards.

It wasn’t long until the forest began to thin out, and she could see a village peering through the tree trunks at her.

Good, she grunted to herself with a nod. Perhaps someone there can tell me what the heck is going on.

Windflower

Windflower frowned.

The forest was not as she remembered, but then again… She could not recall any memories of a prior forest. Nor what she was doing before. A curious thing, but Windflower did not let it bother her too much. For now, she would deal with what she could. She knew her name, which was a good thing. She knew she was a Braviary Calutawa—they-who-heard-the-spirits—and she knew how to defend herself with her bow and tomahawks. She could hunt, and she could track.

And, if needed, she could fly.

Being somewhere else didn’t cause her unease, for she knew she could handle herself well in most circumstances. If anything, she was merely curious how and why she had suddenly ended up somewhere else. As she walked between the shadows of the trees, she found that she didn’t mind this new forest. It was silent, and peaceful. Since arriving, she hadn’t come across any other signs of life. No tracks, no remains… That was a little worrying, she finally admitted. If she couldn’t find prey, how could she hunt?

Well, she would worry about that later. For now, she would enjoy this reflective walk.

Windflower glanced up to the skies, which were barely masked by the lush, green canopy. If she took to the air, she might get a better idea of where she was, and what this forest was like. A good idea, but the notion was left neglected as thoughts continued to flow through her mind, lapping like waves on the shore. She never dwelled on any specific one for too long, and instead allowed her eyes to meander through the sights the pleasant forest had to offer.

Eventually, the scenery began to change as the forest revealed to her a hidden village. Windflower paused in her wanderings, giving it a thoughtful stare. For a moment, she considered passing it by and continuing through the forest, but then again, she thought it might be useful to learn where she was at, at least. Perhaps the locals could give her some insight on what she might find in this land. It would probably be wise to learn about the local prey, as well, should they be different from what she was used to—er, whatever she was used to.

Tucking a loose strand of dark hair behind her pointed ears, she made her way towards the village.

_______

Old 12-12-2011, 05:08 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

(This was all typed up on a whim. So, yes...Behold the power of "winging it". I also do believe I have the longest post for a single character EVER. ...She comes out sounding a bit evil... O.o' )

Experiment
Seemingly Endless Forest That We All Know Actually DOES End...Eventually

"So, you remember everything I've taught you, right?"

Attack your enemies ruthlessly. Beat down their defenses and demoralize them.

"And?"

Show no mercy.

"Very good. You'll need to remember those lessons and use them well."

Okay...?

"Because the boss is not happy with you."

What did I do wrong? Did I not train hard enough? Did I say something that insulted him? I don't want him to be unhappy with me! What is the reason for his anger?

"The reason...Is because you exist."

Because I exist?!

"You are flawed. We created you to be the perfect Pokemorph, capable of turning into anything and combining what you want at will. But you are severely flawed...You have no long range attacks."

I know that. I'm trying to learn some more.

"You cannot shift completely. You can only change certain parts of you body, and only with certain species, and even then you are limited with how many you can combine."

I'm learning! I can do anything he wants if I have more time! I can-

"THERE IS NO MORE TIME! We've given you eighteen years! You need to succeed, NOW, or you WILL DIE!"

...I...I don't want to die...

"No one does. We have talked to him...And he's giving you one last chance."

I'll take any chance I can get!

"Good. Now listen, and listen well. For if you fail..."

I will be dubbed a failed experiment and destroyed.

"Yes. For you are, and always will be, an experiment. Nothing more, nothing less. Is that clear?"

I am...Experiment...I have always understood my position...

"What the hell was that?" A rather loud voice, clearly in the alto range, barked out from a figure who was seemingly just lounging on the ground. She stared at the sky with dark grey eyes, mouth turned in a frown as she had an unmistakably frustrated look on her face. She wasn't quite sure what was going on, but all she knew was that that dream both frightened and angered her. Since she wasn't really the one to show fear, she opted to instead show her anger.

Feeling thin blades of grass covered in a soft dew, she snarled. Grass...? Her eyes strayed to her surroundings further. Thick trees rose up around the clearing she was in, their olive colored leaves grasping towards the bright sunlight that shown down from above to feed the plant life sustaining nutrients. The sky itself was a perfect blue with one or two wisps of clouds - cumulus, perhaps? - strolling lazily on their morning walk.

Or afternoon, maybe? She wasn't one for time.

Groaning on realizing she was in a forest, she sat up, glancing down at her white outfit and hoping the grass hadn't stained it. Honestly, she probably wouldn't be too irked about it if it was, but still. It had white long sleeves with a white vest that possessed a black line going down the middle, with another circling her torso. Did she forget the similar trimmings on her sleeves and her very plain shoes? Oh, and for some reason there was a hole in the vest on each side. It certainly wasn't bullet proof, but then again her whole outfit wasn't. She was wearing white leggings beneath the skirt, for Arceus' sake! She even had two slits on the back, and...Well, there was another, but she wasn't inclined to say where it was.

She wasn't going to win any fashion contests anytime soon, that much was certain. Although the gem that sat on her chest swirled in so many colors, it added some much needed color to the outfit. There was only so much she could do with her rosy complexion (she was sure her face was like that too, as her hands were that color). She could really see what her hair was, but her mind pictured it being brown and straight, framing her face and dropping to shoulder length.

Yep. She wasn't special at all.

Except...

My name is Experiment. It seems so goofy, but...I feel comfortable with it. But what had that dream been about? One last chance? Death? Being a failure? I don't understand any of it. To make matters worse, she couldn't really remember anything but that dream, her name, and the image of a Scyther. Why would I remember that big bug? Fully standing up, she decided to walk and figure things out from there. Sitting around wasn't doing much for her mind, and she was just growing increasingly annoyed with the entire situation.

Of course, the one path she happens to choose is blocked by thick vines. Oh, sure, she could simply walk around the blockage, but now she was furious. Nothing stood in her way like that and got away with it! So, she decided to hit the vines with her fist and when that didn't work, her foot. She didn't expect that to succeed either, so it came as no surprise when it didn't.

Scowling at the vines, the image of the Bug/Flying Type came to her mind. She thought it was a marvelous now that she thought about it, although those wings couldn't possibly carry it anywhere. Her attention was drawn to the long sickles they had for hands. Lousy for picking anything up, but for slashing...Those scythes would be really nice to have right now. It'd be perfect for clearing those vines!

And now she felt...Off.

Glancing down at her hands, the source of tingling, she shrieked as they were suddenly malformed. It wasn't just her hands, however - her lower arm felt odd too. Stumbling backwards and onto her rump with an unceremonious "oof", she watched with gross fascination as they quickly returned to their original shape. Wait...What did he say in that dream? "Shifting parts" I focused on the scythes...Does that mean...? Well, one way to find out.

Focusing on the imagine once more, she watched with much more confidence this time as her arm and hands lengthened and filled out, turning a brighter green. She felt a sharp substance expand from her elbow, but it was very noticeable as it formed into scythe, although it wasn't anything near the Grim Reaper's weapon - it still didn't look like it should be messed with. At the same time, the gem on her chest seemed to have shifted to a light green color as well, although she didn't really understand why nor did she think it was particularly important.

She was glad, though, that her sleeves seemed to have made with her transformation in mind, as there was enough room for the scythes (although given, the largest part was out of the sleeve anyway. Plenty of blade left). Grinning, she brought the weapon down on the vines, a gleeful sense of satisfaction ringing in her mind as they cut through so effortlessly. This is what I'm talking about! Suddenly having an idea of what the holes on her back were for, she focused on the wings of the Scyther, feeling the same tingling sensation as before.

But when she opened her eyes, nothing had happened. She tried again, and again, but try as she might no wings would appear. Frustrating...Is this what "flawed" truly meant? Pfft. I'll get it in time. I'm just tired and confused. Walking forward, she trudged along the forest, slashing trees down should they get in her way. She truly enjoyed the feeling of power she had over them, of being able to decide should they live or die. It crossed her mind that she didn't see any other life, but she figured that because she was making such a ruckus, they wouldn't come near her anyway and stopped thinking about it.

An hour or so later - again, she was bad with time - spotted a difference in color. Narrowing her eyes, she could make out wooden buildings. A village? Well, that was good. Maybe now she could get an answer as to where she was exactly. Grinning a bit maliciously, she picked up the pace and began to jog. After all, if they wouldn't answer or weren't much help, she could tear something up or maybe make them lose an arm if they ticked her off.

She had, after all, not put her scythes away. She wasn't stupid enough to walk into an unknown village, in an unknown forest, out in the middle of an unknown land, unarmed even with a mostly unknown past. Oh no, she wasn't stupid...And she'd make anyone who thought she was regret it.

Yes, I do remember everything you taught me...Even if I don't remember who "you" are or pretty much anything else about myself.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Latisiblings Offline

Vincent Gunhold
Endless Forest

He should be panicking, he knew.

Just around 30 minutes ago, Vincent woke up in this seemingly endless forest, with his (was it his? He had no idea) black attaché case and without his memories. He didn't remember his past, and all he could remember about himself was his name and job- a cook. And he had no idea where he was either. The forest was lush, certainly- but it was strange to say the least. As a cook he looks for anything edible, but the forest looked like it had nothing but rows and rows of trees and grass, all identical. The situation that he found himself in was baffling, and Vincent found himself at loss to what he should be doing now. Should he take a risk and move, or should he stay still?

But he wasn't angry, or upset, or even annoyed. Oh, he was confused when he woke up, of course. But he just spent around half an hour to learn about his surroundings and more importantly, himself, and what he had in hand. From what he had checked, his black suitcase contained a lot of cooking tools. The thing that caught his interest the most, though, had to be a two-feet-long kitchen knife. He grabbed by its handle, and it felt like an extension of his own arm rather than a simple tool. He tried a few experimental slashes on some grass growing from the ground, and it felt smooth and graceful. (Note to self: don't lose the knife. Don't.)

Vincent scratched his head absently and let out a yawn. He was relaxed, even in a seemingly bad situation like this. He had to make a decision now, though. After lying on the comfortable bed of grass for a few minutes he stood up abruptly, choosing to walk forward and gamble on a chance of a village. Grabbing his black suitcase, he walked cheerfully towards a random direction.

He couldn't tell how much time passed, but from the horizon he began to notice a difference in color- he had finally found a village. Grinning, he began to jog steadily, excited to be out of the somewhat dreary, if relaxing, forest.

Lisa
Endless Forest

Stop————

Lisa woke up with a gasp, cold sweat pouring down her fragile body. What did she just dream about? She almost started crying before she realized she couldn't remember her dreadful nightmare. Yes, she tried to convince herself, it was just a nightmare. Nothing real. Her heart was still trying to burst out of her ribcage, but after a few bouts of deep breathing it started to calm down, along with herself. She was fine.

After steadying herself, she took a look around her surroundings. It was an endless forest with only trees and grass to see from every direction. More worrying, though, was her lack of memories, as she attempted to remember how she got here. It was like someone mind-wiped her memories, and kept just enough of her to be considered the same person. At least she remembered her name- Lisa. She didn't remember her last name, but she supposed it should come soon enough.

With her memories wiped, she was afraid- and she just wanted to get out of here, this endless wave of green. Wanting to forget her predicament through action, she broke into a steady run, hoping there would be a village nearby. Sure enough, when she was getting too tired to run she found a village appearing in front of her. Happy to be out of the endless forest, she approached the village.

OOC: I'll write a SU for Lisa soon, I'm just tired tonight and want to get this post up ASAP.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 12-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Allison Katniss Xanatos
Endless Forest

I awoke.

All I could see were trees. I was agitated; I could not shake the feeling that I was supposed have people with me. I then realized that even if I was correct in my assumption, I had no way of knowing who these people were, or even for that matter, if they were human.

I then realized my rule number one: I hated not knowing.

I decide to get the feeling for this place. To know it would be a big help.

I lithely climb one of the trees to see around me.

I find the highly rewarding sight of more trees.

I climb down again, still trying to shake that unshakable feeling that at least SOMEONE should be with me.

I reach into my gray sweater pocket and find a throwing knife. Not exactly the most common thing to find on a 19 year old girl.

I feel the knife in my hand and on some strange fancy, I decide to throw it at a tree. I haphazardly choose a groove.

And land it dead center of where I wanted it to go.

Note to self: I throw knives.

As I turn around after extracting the knife from the tree, I see it.

Only for an instant, but I still see it. I am so sure that it was real, but it vanished.

I saw a village.

I decide that the direction I saw the vanishing village in was as good as any, and I walk.

OCC: SOAR was gonna let her in, but had a few second thoughts about a girl carrying throwing knives who threw what they were sure was perfectly.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Ozhban
Endless Forest

"Okay, so everything is broken," The sphere lying half against a tree with its eye forced to stare at tree tops for what must have been several hours now. He'd been busy trying to find just one of his attachments that could move, to no avail. The cracked and dirty lenses made the world appear distorted and even more unfamiliar than they were- Sure, he was used to forests, but this held none of the grand feeling his home did. And the rails, there were none anywhere. If there had been a rail, he could have built up some kind of charge to move about on his own and maybe put some power in to figuring out what was going on. He'd found out that he would lock up if he thought too hard on low power a long time ago, so long that the date on the file was corrupted. So was his inactivity date; he'd been offline for so long the counter had overflowed and simply read 'ERROR'. That was not good.

And, despite not having any way of feeling pain, Ozhban felt that this was what living creatures referred to as pain. And it was very, very bad pain; bits of his power core were jutting out of his casing, keeping him from moving his lenses far enough to get a full view around, just a tree top and tree roots. He could feel all but one of his many attachment arms sparking and convulsing, and he could even hear the weak flickering of his power core. That one still functioning one was an arc caster, and firing that off would most likely sap whatever power he had left. "Okay, don't panic, stay calm... Don't want to learn what happens if I shut off without a power source around... happy thoughts. This isn't too bad. Scenery is nice enough. Pretty sounds from the birds, sun's not right in the lenses..." He said to himself, his lenses stretching forward and looking around a bit. He was in a forest definitely, and as if to torment him, there was what he thought was a village just in his peripheral. And also, apparently, out of hearing range, as he'd tried shouting when he thought he saw movement.

"Oh by the gods, I'm going to die here. Get turned back on just to experience a slow death by power loss. Really, truly wonderful experience." The lenses arranged themselves in a way that made the flickering purple gem inside seem to be an eye partly hidden by a glare. About then, he heard someone or something shuffling around in the forest nearby-- Nearby enough that they would hear him, at least. "H-hey! Hello? Is some one there? I could really use some help, if you would be so kind! I'm stuck and pretty sure that I'm going to die very slowly and painfully if someone doesn't help me. Please. NO no no no, no, don't keep walking! I really do not want to die here! If you can hear me and you're coming, let me know because I don't think I'm in a position to really see you if you come up..." he said, his audio receptors straining intensely to hear any sound from whoever or whatever had passed by. He hoped to whatever gods existed that whoever it was wouldn't finish the job of an eternity of slowly rusting away...

Veronica
Endless Forest edge

Just out of sight behind a tree very close to the village all the others she had seen were likely making their way to stood a thin woman with white hair, gazing intently in to something that likely wasn't even there. She had arrived a long time ago, and had been waiting a very long time for her new... 'partners' to come by before silently joining with them. They seemed like they had some useful skills, at least. Perhaps better than others she knew of. The woman lifted a hand and placed it on the odd device around her neck, a dreamlike smile on her face. It was about time she made her way back home, she thought briefly. What that entailed brought the smile to her face. Her hand fell back to one of the two odd devices hanging from her waist, and resumed waiting. Someone passing would notice her, or she would silently join the group if she remained unseen. Either way, she suspected things would get very interesting soon. Or they would end up being so terribly disappointing like her last return.

Oh well. That was in the past, and it definitely didn't matter now. Not among people who had no memories, anyways. And she couldn't help but chuckle in anticipation. This was going to be the most fun she'd had in quite a while, even if it didn't go the way she felt it would. She would come to that when and where it showed up. And that would be just fine.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Lorenzo
Endless Forest

He didn’t remember anything, period. Everything was missing, gone, blank.

And yet, the boy didn’t panic. In fact, the smile on his face barely faltered at all. He wasn’t in pain, missing limbs or sick, so why get worked up? This wasn’t the end of the world…

… in fact, the forest was kind of a nice place. Sky was bright and sunny, foliage tall and healthy (looking at least, he certainly wasn’t a tree doctor) and the grass was a gorgeous shade of emerald green. The distant birds sang a lovely tune, wind made a gentle rustling when meeting the leaves, both very nice ways of warding off total silence. Actually, this could possibly pass off as some sort of transition to heaven or something, which did beg the question, had he died?

Well, he didn’t feel dead, if that made any sense at all. Pinching still hurt, so that ruled out the possibility that this was a dream, at least. Still, silly as the idea sounded in his head, the teenager ended up checking his back for wings (and head for a halo, as a matter of fact) just to be sure. Nothing, good… right?

Giving his surroundings a second glance, he noticed a denim satchel laying close by. It appeared familiar, and the boy decided to go investigate. Picking it up wasn’t much of a chore, and from such a near angle, the numerous patches sewn onto the piece become clearly visible. One was a yellow smiley face; another depicted a colourful music note. Although he didn’t yet realise it, they did a good job representing the one who sowed them.

Inside was a number of interesting items. Some sort of electronic gizmo that gave the teenager a mild sense of joy, although why was anybody’s guess. Despite the good first impression, trying to get it on was impossible. None of the buttons pushed did anything. Oh well.

The most useful thing had to be teal library card, believe it or not. On the backside was a simple signature, Lorenzo.

“Lorenzo,”

Upon mouthing that word, a strange feminine voice slowly played in his head. It was far too blurry to make out any distinguishable words, but her tone was soft and knowing. Something about it was comforting and familiar….

“My name is Lorenzo,” the dark haired teenager stated brightly once the speaking had ceased. Hearing strange voices in your mind shouldn’t be something to be happy about, he wasn’t dense enough not to know that, but the warm feeling it left… it just couldn’t be bad. Besides, he knew his own name now, a step in the right direction.

This revelation served as a catalyst for his next move. Inspired, he decided to take a stroll, which would hopefully lead to more discoveries.

This walk, the optimist was rather enjoying it, despite the foreign feeling it gave him. Hey, maybe that was something worth noting, a clue of sorts. If this experience was odd… then the possibility of him having wondered here on his own was severely limited. A slip or fall could have caused memory loss though… so many possibilities, but only one truth.

Dry and solid, the terrain makes Lorenzo’s trek a rather simple task. No puddle turned shocking mirror or vines to unleash a new ability, not for him at least. Time slowly moved by, but he only became aware of this once the birds stopped chirping and the breeze died.
Silence. The worst possible sound of them all was nothing.

It took a few moments for him to realise what had just happened. Despite losing his memory, being lost in a strange forest and hearing voices, it was this quiet that most bothered Lorenzo.

The feeling of sheer uneasiness and anxiety was short lived, however, the sounds soon returned, as if someone had hit the “play” button once more. This merited a sigh of relief. But… what had happened to him? The teenager wasn’t sure, but it seemed to be linked to that pause the forest seemed to take. A possible concern…

… but there was no point in dwelling on it, or at least not for the time being. Lorenzo swiftly regained his smile, walking slowly but surely onward. The grin only widened once his eyes met buildings, a sure sign of people. This was a good omen, he concluded.

Aqua
Endless Forest

An ocean stretches beyond the horizon, endless in sight. She gazes casually, blinking occasionally, for hours, watching as the sun is swallowed by the water. Nothing is quiet as beautiful as day surrendering to night in this fashion, not in her opinion. Dawn is nice… but seaside dusk is enchanting.

The sound of crashing waves echoes passionately in her ears, the pattern they make so mesmerising. It’s as if the current was playing tag, each wave forever trying to catch the next. Something about this is peaceful and serene, the world could be ending, and the scene would somehow calm her down. The air is crisp and cool without being chilly, perfect.

She simply sits at the cliff’s edge, legs hanging off and swinging in a random pattern. Clenched in her hand is a simple purple lollipop, which she sometimes licks. It doesn’t taste anything like grape, its labelled flavour, but manages to be great in a sugary way. Oddly, the treat doesn’t clash at all with the salt lingering in the breeze; in fact, the reverse would be more accurate.

“Everything is pleasant, life stands still and it couldn’t be better for you. That is about to end though, my dear,” a stranger’s voice echoes, but nobody is around.

“What are you talking about?”

“You’ll soon see,”

“Who are you?”

“That does not matter at the moment”

“Of course it does.” the girl’s tone grows bolder, but does not rise in pitch.

“Silly child, all shall be made clear in due time.”

“No real….” The corners start to go blurry. Her voice is now distorted, words beyond recognition. Everything spins in a confusing circle, faster and faster, before finally fading into oblivion.

She limps, face scrunched in agony with each feeble step. Her eyes are stone cold, however, gaze powerful and ever hating. Their target is a black shadow, its identity completely undetectable, although the girl seems to know what it is.

“After all they’ve said, I can’t believe you’re that easy to fall,” the creature’s voice is scratchy and rough, making sense of the phrase is difficult.

“I’m not done yet,” the teenager’s voice is dark, icy. Her lips slowly relax, becoming straight, although her features remain tormented.

“Oh?” the blurb obviously doesn’t take its foe seriously. Instead of attacking, it watches, as if daring her to make a move.

Expression unfaltering, she slowly raises her arm, which is littered with scratches and patches of drying blood. This is obviously painful, although the hurt does little to detract the girl. A simple slash downward creates a watery snake and a quick snap makes a painful whip. The simply unconcerned twist she wears as the shadow is beaten down is eerie, detached.

“Told you,” she replies, monotone as can be.

Oh no, you can’t get the best of me

_

She’d woken up expecting to be on that familiar cliffside. Only a few pieces of those… dreams remained, the rest having been lost during her period of unconsciousness. In fact, realising that a strange forest is where she rested came as a slight shock. The trees, their leafy branches outstretched in all directions, didn’t ring a bell in the least. No recollection of coming here could be found, which added to the unsettlement. She didn’t panic though, that point being very far still.

Standing up, the teenager mindlessly brushed the few blades of grass that clung onto her clothes, seemingly for no reason. She gave the area a second glance, as if searching for clues explaining her presence here. After a few moments though, nothing could be detected. There were no footprints leading to this spot, no signs of a struggle, no objects she could have tripped on. Shaking her head, the girl sigh, this was turning into a waste of time.

Turning back to the tree she’d been leaning against, she realised staying here wouldn’t do any good. Apart from bark, grass and leaves, there was nothing to eat and even less to drink. No water to be seen.

Water. Both her “dreams” had contained that elements, she realised. Did that mean anything? From the look of that second one, it could be controlled with the flick of a hand. But… was the girl really her? She was so… icy... while she herself felt collected and level headed. No, that just couldn’t be her…

It didn’t take the blunette too long to go off venturing. She was slightly curious; maybe certain answers could be found elsewhere in this forest. A better reason for the walk, however, was that standing there seemed completely pointless.

She’d been wondering for a solid hour, or so it felt anyway. So far, she’d found nothing of particular interest, although it would be a lie to say the time had been absolutely pointless. The girl had realised she was without a name, which (oddly enough) along with missing an identity, was of greatest concern. After much (failed) effort, she decided to try and come up with something herself, which would hopefully (temporarily) settle the issue. But what?
Finding a substitute wasn’t easy. Losing the plug to a drain forces a would-be dishwasher to improvise, most solutions faltering soon after their implementation. This was comparable to her situation. Names would never stick. Sapphire was too exotic. Blue just didn’t sound right. Rain made for a nice name, but wasn’t something the teenager could identify to, and it soon too was dropped. No, building oneself on such a weak foundation certainly was not the simplest of tasks. Yet, strangely, considering her situation, she stayed rather cool.

So far, there was little she could go off of. Her clothes were simple enough, grey sweater and jeans with little accessories. The only thing to really stand out was a sharp tooth, which was the main feature of her necklace. Which animal could it be from?

It didn’t really matter, the blunette quickly concluded. Finding a name was of greater priority…

… one that would soon be put on hold. The forest’s density grew weaker with each step forward, which indicated an exit wasn’t too far away. This was a good sign, the girl concluded; these woods were doing little to improve her situation. Maybe something on the outside would help; something like a… village. The word popped into mind just as the sight of buildings met her gaze. This was perfect.

“Good,” she mouthed, a content smile on her face.

Leander
Endless Forest

Nothing will ever be the same…

Forever falling in a downward spiral…

And I know it all too clearly.

“The enemy’s new radiation did… this”

Mom?

“You’re lucky to be alive”

Dad?

“It’s incurable at this point, sorry”

Granddad?

“We’re doing all we can,”

Izumi?

“Your body isn’t taking this well”

Blair?

“Just stay positive”

Quill?

“Before going further, they’ll need to do more tests”

Where is everyone?

“These new meds should help”

Am I alone?

“Leander… this is never easy to say…”

Yes, all alone…

“Oh…”

Hurt, sorrow, loss,

Mutation, blood, illness,

Welcome to my world.

Images faded in and out, it was hard to focus on one in particular. They said so much, and yet, Leander could grasp so little. So many people, events, places that didn’t register and yet… these should be familiar, he’d managed to decipher. But why weren’t they?
_

His fingers slowly combed through the grass, a passerby would probably assume he was searching for something. In reality, however, Leander was not. There was just something so unusual about the action that had forced him to repeat it a few times. In fact, it was only when a blade (of grass) was pulled that he finally snapped his eyes open.

The sky was a brilliant blue with the occasional cloud gently passing by. Along with the bright sunshine, the scene could almost pose for the cover of a feel-good card; it was only missing a cute bird, balloons or something equally cheery. Apart from indicating the weather was fair and what time it could be, the scene did nothing to improve Leander’s monotone mood, and was quickly pushed to the back of his mind.

The teenager, having had enough of lying on the ground, picked himself up and gave the area a good scan. It didn’t take very long for the surroundings to set it. He was in a forest, and judging from the trees, this was boreal in nature. The grass was thick and luscious, evidence that the wildlife probably didn’t eat here very often, making it a safer zone. Leander, however, was unable to tell where he was beyond that.

This wasn’t home, that much, he had decoded. Everything felt… out of place and unfamiliar, although, truthfully, the teenager was unable to thick of anything that really was. He couldn’t even remember what his house looked like. No memories. That couldn’t be good.

Leander’s monotone finally started to shift, but not in the bright way. He was a bit concerned about not having any real memories, but the why was more troubling yet. What happened to have erased them? If those weird images that he’d seen before were any sort of indication, it wasn’t positive. Although, he had no way of telling if they were even real, or just a crazy dream. This truly couldn’t be good…

Sighing, the boy realised he didn’t have many options. He could stay here and ponder, which seemed to only bring up more roadblocks, build a shelter, which he didn’t know how, or move on. None of these options seemed particularly viable, but before trying to construct anything, taking a look around was probably a good idea. Before leaving, the teenager made sure to give the clearing one last examination.

Along the winding trail, Leander made note of a few interesting things. Number one, his hands were darker than the rest of his arms, seemingly for no reason. Secondly, the morning dew was still predominant on many plants and much of the grass. More useful, however, was that a vast majority of the fungus growing here appeared to be non-poisonous; somehow he knew which were eatable. Not that the thought of eating mushrooms actually pleased him, meat was more appetizing, but it meant there was guaranteed food.

He couldn’t carry any though, by this point, the lack of a bag had come to notice. In fact, the boy only had the clothes on his back. These threads were black with no addition pallets, loose fitting and covered a large portion of his skin. The sleeves of the shirt were pulled back a little, however, which emphasised the colour contrast between his hands and arms. This outfit, one could say, was simply lacking in life.

The air grew slightly warmer as time went by. Leander could tell he’d been walking for a while, longer then intended, when the sun hung directly overhead indicating it was about noon. The morning dew had all but vanished, the birds were now much quieter and, of course, the shadows had shifted. By this point, he was starting to grow tired. His legs were growing weak, which translated into a much slower pace, but no breaks were taken.

“What am I even looking for?”

The sound of his own voice actually felt familiar, which was the only thing so far to trigger that response. Leander sighed, although it was more of relief than anything else, and took a few moments to pause. His legs ached a little, and were almost begging for a proper rest.

Ignoring them, for now at least, the teenager kept moving, still unable to answer his own question. These unresolved issues were beginning to pile up at an alarming rate, and Leander found himself mulling those images over once again…

Of course, he always kept a watchful eye on the area around him, which is how a stray puddle ended up being noticed. It was the first and only one of its kind, which managed to peak the boy’s interest. He approached this carefully, almost anticipating something unexpected... and bad.

What he ended up getting was a shocking reflection.

Somehow, despite having noticed and been unfazed upon seeing his tail earlier, the other cat features littering his face were striking. It was almost as if they weren’t a natural sight, not in the least. His expression never faltered, however, despite the growing feeling of seer unsettlement. After a few moments, however, the teenager had an epiphany. That hair, why had he even expected it to be dark red in the first place? And, of course, he had no memories indicating these feline qualities didn’t belong, just that feeling. Leander simply sighed, powerless to draw any logical conclusions in this state.

For the longest time, the cat boy was uncomfortable. Confused as ever, weak and pessimistic, he continued onward, not really knowing what he was searching for.
“Answers,” Leander ended up blurting quietly once the reply finally came to mind.

Somewhat satisfied with this realisation, he finally lightened up a little. It was then and only then, that the woods started to dissipate, letting the boy know he was most likely coming to the end.

This was proven correct once buildings came into sight. They appeared simple in design, foreign to Leander, although frankly, it seemed everything was. The idea of interacting with others didn’t please him too much, but it would be worth it if someone knew what the flip was going on…

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 AM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

Sevv
Endless Forest

Pain. That's all there was. Spilling from the gaping hole in my chest, and slowly spreading through every part of my body, my soul, my universe. There's a voice, far of, saying a series of words, words that make no sense.

"Foolish...did you really...it's over...in the...you lose." But in the end, nothing but pain.

Sevv slowly sat up. He squinted in harsh sun, streaming in long fiery strands through the treetops, and into his sensitive catlike eyes. Then, he froze, and if any less color could drain from his face, it would have. Immediately, he took off running through the forest, dodging trees as he sprinted, a look of pure terror on his face. Have to escape! Can't let him find me, not again, NOT AGAIN! Have to run, have to run!

As he ran through the forest, he took a zigzag path, sometimes swerving here or there, as if seeing a phantom figure, simply continuing in a mad, animal like terror. [I CAN'T SHAKE HIM! He's everywhere I turn! What can I do if I can't escape, what can I do, WHAT CAN I DO! Calm down, calm, calm. If I can't flee, I'll have to fight, next time I see him I'll...

With a look of pure desperation on his face, a dark aura formed on his right arm and cleaved through the figure. And so a the tree fell in the silent forest. Sevv was silent for a moment, hunched over and panting, before an insane chuckling began to wrack his body. He sat there chuckling and regaining his strength for a while, before sneeringly uttering a single phrase . "Pathetic... I suppose I let the phantoms get the better of me."

He took a moment to observe his surroundings. He was in the middle of a dense old forest, one that never could exist where he came from. It was strange, unfamiliar, but not altogether unpleasant. He sat there for a few moments, then teleported to the highest branch of a nearby tree. There was forest in every direction, with no escape. After a quick teleport down, he took quick stock of his situation. Mentally, he was fractured, unable to grasp memories, and instead on able grasp ragged painful shards of them, like a random mirror. He new his name, and he new what he was, but otherwise, he had nothing but a combination of memories that made no sense. No use trying to piece them together. He stood up and began walking.

Last edited by haybalebarn; 01-14-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:58 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Skylar "Sky" Boschtallen
Endless Forest->Town

Does this frigging forest ever end? Sky wondered as she jogged towards the village, something she'd been doing continually for what felt like forever, and she was finally beginning to wonder if this was like one of those dreams where no matter how much you ran you never got anywhere. She got the feeling that she'd had a lot of those before. Sure, she didn't mind the scenery, but she wouldn't mind a change of it, and people around that could tell her just where the heck she was, because she had no idea. That and being seemingly alone in a dense forest really, really creeped her out and made her paranoid. She wondered whether or not the trees hid people ready to jump out and grab her, hurt her, take her--

Take me where?

She had no idea, but the thoughts caused her to feel incredibly cold and creeped her out. The baffling series of thoughts slowed her pace down, but somehow when she snapped back to reality, the village, or maybe it was a town, looked a lot closer. Sky stopped in the path and glared ahead at the now much closer town. "Really?" The sarcastic sigh escaped her lips before she stepped forward and began to walk again.

Shenz
Endless Forest->Town

Running. He had made it there running all the way because his feet refused to stop moving so fast. He had to find her, make sure she was safe. He just had to, because otherwise something bad must have happened, and he couldn't bear that thought.

Even if he didn't know exactly who "she" was.

Gasping for air, Shenz nearly tripped on the cobblestones that were suddenly there, paving a plaza-like area ringed by fairly simplistic, white box houses. He cringed away from the color visibly, looking away from the houses quickly and sweeping his gaze across the plaza. He was looking for anyone, really, anyone that could tell him if they'd seen her...but then again, he couldn't remember--

That's her.

The thought wasn't a conscious one, in fact, Shenz didn't know where it came from, other than as a reaction to spotting a figure across the plaza from him who could have been defined as a gender-bender, with it's short, spiky hair, the tips dyed blue like some punk boy's, yet the figure had a distinctly feminine figure and silver glittered in "her" ears.

That's her. She's safe after all...

There was no time to think he was wrong, no time to think about a logical, less conspicuous approach, Shenz took off running around the plaza to the girl. He had to make sure she was really there, had to make sure she was as fine as she appeared. "SKY!!!" The name flew from his mouth automatically as he made it almost to her. The girl turned around to look at him the exact moment that he plowed into her with a tackle and hugged her.

Anna Atoli
Endless Forest

How long had she been walking? Anna had no idea.

Did she remember anything else? No. And that feeling that there should have been someone behind her had done nothing but intensify as whoever or whatever she was used to following her did not show up. The feeling of sadness and being crushed didn't entirely leave her, either. The forest was fairly quiet, and then--

"H-hey! Hello? Is some one there?" What was that? A voice? Anna stopped walking and glanced around, but all she could hear was silence... "I could really use some help, if you would be so kind! I'm stuck and pretty sure that I'm going to die very slowly and painfully if someone doesn't help me." There it was again, a voice, and it seemed to belong to someone in need. Anna closed her eyes and sighed, she got the feeling she didn't like people very much, but whoever this was apparently needed help. She wasn't that heartless that she would leave the speaker, but the voice was faint, she had absolutely no idea how she was going to find it. She took a few steps forward to try hearing it again, maybe see if she was getting any closer. "Please. NO no no no, no, don't keep walking! I really do not want to die here! If you can hear me and you're coming, let me know because I don't think I'm in a position to really see you if you come up..." The voice started up as she proceeded to walk forward, sounding a bit louder.

Well, that was helpful. However it also meant she actually had to speak for once. Anna sighed again before she turned towards where she thought the voice was coming from and spoke. "Hello? I can hear you, but I can't seem to see you. I'd be able to help if I could actually find you." The words probably weren't as loud as they could or should have been, but when you didn't speak often, what did you expect?

OOC: Yes, Sky made it to the town shortly before Shenz got there, it jumps on purpose. Anyone else feel free to reference the blue-faced lunatic tackle-hugging the punky girl gender-bender.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Aarilyn DX4002
Forest Town

Aarilyn took a deep breath once she slipped into the town, gladly leaving behind the crowded sea of trees. Forests were okay, as far as forests went, but Aarilyn felt so trapped within it—surrounded on all sides by trunks that almost seemed like bars on a prison cell, and the lush green canopies blotted out the brilliant blue sky like a heavy blanket. For some reason, she felt a strange connection to the sky, as if a part of her was waiting for her above. It sounded ludicrous, but she was more at ease now that she could get a good look around her.

Not that there was much to speak of.

The town certainly seemed… primitive. Several buildings were centered around something at the heart of the clearing (currently out of her view), with their white, concrete walls glaringly bright in the afternoon sun. Their red roofs weren’t built too high up from the ground, which made Aarilyn wonder if a bunch of midgets inhabited this place. Which might not be so bad for herself, since she was only 4’8”.

The ground the buildings rested on seemed quite… unusual. It was almost like gravel, but… not quite. Aarilyn had no memory of this type of pavement, but she assumed that it was safe to walk on. The Dewott made her way deeper into the town, taking in everything around her with a keen eye. Something about this place wasn’t quite right.

For one, there were no people.

Were they just shy? Aarilyn frowned, wondering what was going on. Undaunted, she made her way up to the closest door and politely knocked on the door.

No answer.

Losing all protocol, she pounded on the door and went for the handle.

“Tch,” she grunted as the handle refused to budge. “Give me a break…”

Abandoning the door, she walked out into the center of the clearing, where a pool of crystal clear water glittered in the sunlight. The day seemed so pristine, so crisp… Why wouldn’t anyone be out enjoying a day like this? Was the village abandoned? Didn’t seem that run-down… Maybe… it was attacked.

With this latter thought, Aarilyn’s paws drifted down to her thighs, where her weapons patiently waited to be called on. Something wasn’t right, that much was for sure. But if anything tried to mess with her, they’d get a reckoning they wouldn’t soon forget.

“SKY!!!”

The sudden exclamation set Aarilyn’s nerves off like a gun. She darted around, lazers at the ready, prepared to shoot the living daylights off of anyone who dared to ambush her. The shout, however, came from a very gangly teenager who had flung himself at a very strange-looking young woman. Aarilyn cautiously lowered her weapon, since the duo seemed to have not quite noticed her yet. Her face slowly crinkled into a disgusted scowl as she considered them. How had she not notice them before?

“Plllease tell me that you’re not locals,” she shouted loud enough for them to hear.

Windflower
Forest Town

“Sky!!!”

Windflower saw something blur past her vision, racing eagerly towards the village up ahead. She paused a moment, surprised by the sudden appearance of another creature. Since arriving in this strange place, she had not seen any other signs of life—but now, she could see them. Several others were slowly emerging from the forest, making their way to the village as well. The Braviary Calatuwa thought this very strange, but at the same time wondered if perhaps these strangers were not much unlike her. Some seemed to walk with a strange daze, as if unfamiliar with their surroundings.

Perhaps… was this a Gathering?

The young woman allowed her eyes to drift to the village itself—which was curious all on its own. The dwellings were constructed out of the most unusual substance. Windflower wasn’t sure if she trusted her assumptions, but it seemed to be made out of rock. Not carved, though—it was too sharp and clean to be so. And the ground they rested on… that too seemed unnatural. It looked like a bunch of smooth river rocks melted into the ground. They others were walking on it, so it seemed safe, but…

Finally detaching herself from the forest, Windflower drifted into the village clearing like a silent specter, choosing not to speak unless spoken directly to. This situation required more observance and deliberation, and Windflower chose to watch and wait.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

('Tis short, but pretty good. Gets her nature across pretty well XD)

Experiment
Leaving the Endless Forest Only to Arrive at a Boring Village. Yaaaay.

Experiment narrowed her eyes as the forest all so abruptly ended. It was sudden and unexplained, as if all the trees decided to get up and walk, drawing a line so their brethren could not follow. It was rather mysterious and, in her amnesia addled opinion, not natural. Shaking her head, she kept her scythes in front of her, suspicion driving her to be on edge and ready to attack at the slightest provocation. Always be ready. Expect the unexpected...And if anyone attacks...Attack back! She had the urge to lick her scythe like a psychopath often did, but resisted it. The joy of battle excited her like nothing else, and she found she hoped someone would be willing to fight. It was far more satisfying than talking, and usually accomplished more too.

Examining the white walled buildings with humble little red roofs, she wasn't impressed. She had the distinct feeling she'd seen buildings far grander and amazing, so tall they made these but a speck on the ground. This village was weak, and she didn't need to be told to know. The doors looked...Rather fake. There were no windows on said buildings, either, which made her suspect it was abandoned. There was pavement on the ground in between the village, like a circular path. In the middle of that path was a beautiful fountain, although once again she had a feeling she had seen better. Although, now that she thought about it, she felt a slight tinge of thirst.

Approaching with the intention to maybe grab a drink, she stopped as she noticed four people...Two were currently sprawled on the ground, the result of a tackle. The other - she appeared to be part bird Pokemon - hung off to the side, while a larger than average Dewott held with her shells ready, on edge.

“Plllease tell me that you’re not locals,” she shouted loudly, although Experiment ignored her, turning her attention to the Pokemorph. They were similar, yet not. She was superior to this Pokemorph as she was a Ditto Morph, capable of taking on any form or shape she desired while she was stuck to the capabilities of the one she was mixed with. Unless I truly am flawed... The thought teased itself into her mind, and she snarled, shoving it down into oblivion, or so she thought. It continued to nag her, making her angry that it dared to say SHE was flawed!

"Hey you!" She pointed her scythe at the morph, annoyed. "Tell me, where am I? And don't you dare try any funny stuff...Or I'll gut you like a fish and string you up to dry! My patience is short, and I'm tired of walking!" Her voice rose and wavered, demanding and confident. She didn't care if the others heard - if they could answer it whereas this inferior morph could not, it would still meet her goal. With any luck, it'd appease her anger and she wouldn't wind up cutting her target into pieces for being useless.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Latisiblings Offline

Vincent Gunhold
Endless Forest -> Town?

Vincent couldn't tell how long he had been walking. As he walked for hours and hours (or had it been only minutes? It's hard to tell the time when the sun never moves), he noticed that there was absolutely no life apart from the trees and, well, himself. There were no animals to feed his hungry stomach, and no edible plants to cook with. Was this some kind of illusion? He immediately wrote this off as absurd. Stuff like that only happened in children's fantasy books. If he just walked a bit more he was sure he would get to the village that he saw earlier on.

Still, it was fun to imagine, and the village certainly wasn't going to move itself closer to him if he started being serious. So he let his imagination flow, just like they did when he was a child. This whole forest could be an illusion, he started to think. For what purpose, though? It was easy- it was a test, to see who they really were when no one was looking. The illusion could have been caused by a charismatic leader of a group. And the village he saw in the distance- why, that could be the same test, and it would have people, just like him. They could be heroes, pulled from different worlds, to save a dying world. He decided to get a little wackier with his imaginations. Yes, he thought, and this whole situation is actually a creation, a collaboration of writing by various people on something called "the Internet", which allows people to connect from all over the globe. And the person controlling him would be a somewhat nerdy teenager that loved yellow-colored Latias and Latios. (Note to all: disregard everything in this paragraph. Especially that bit about a teenager.)

Humming a short, whimsical tune, Vincent barely noticed he had arrived at the village he was looking for.

It was as strange as he imagined.

A rather large man had just jumped on a girl, before Vincent even had a time to say 'stop'. A tiny- what-in-the-world-was-that-he-doesn't-even-know- scowled, sarcastically saying something that Vincent couldn't quite catch. A bird-girl hybrid was observing the rocks and the houses. And the newest arrival- the strangest of the bunch, he couldn't even begin to describe- just started to point her scythe at the bird-girl.

He decided that, from now on, he was never going to imagine wacky and impossible things because they have a habit of coming true.

But whatever the weird-creature-girl-thing was, he certainly wasn't going to let her threaten someone violently when he was close by. Silently, without being noticed, he took out his longest kitchen knife. Then he pointed the deadly knife, right at her. "I don't know who or what you are, and I frankly don't care. If you want to pick a fight with someone, try me."

OOC: I promise I'll post my other character... in the morning... first thing... Zzz...

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:41 AM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

Sevv
Endless Forest -> Village

Sevv was perturbed. This forest was rather dull, and it gave him the nagging feeling that he was out of place. The trees were all tall, the wildlife peaceful, and the forest green, yet he felt a forest of this size should have dangers of one kind or another. Plus, he could use a fight right now, he wanted to test out his combat skills, see what he could remember. But the forest remained peaceful. But, since no enemy presented themselves, Sevv suddenly went into a frenzy, arm blades glowing pink and black ask he attacked the trees in a frenzy. After he turned to survey the new clearing in the forest, filled with felled trees, he sighed a sigh of contentment. Chaos was enjoyable.

However, wanton destruction wasn't going to get him out of the forest, so Sevv continued on. Finally, a speck of red appeared in the distance, out of places with the green forest. Sevv's pace quickened as he made a beeline for the out of place color. Eventually, he could make out a small village through the trees. A frown crossed his face. Looks like I'm going to have to deal with peasants. Let's at least hope they're amusing.

Sevv entered the village slowly, using his cloak to conceal himself. He moved through the village as quietly as possible, trying to blend into the background, and not be noticed by the locals. But that's what was odd about the village. There was not a soul around, no children running through the streets or adults going about their buisness. Just silence. And then, as he walks into the central courtyard of the village, he hears the sound of voicese. Scattered around are a few other beings, but his eyes catch the glint of metal, and a violent gleam appears in his eye. There were weapons drawn. Or rather, there was a weapon drawn. A boy holding a knife seemed to be pointing it at strange morph, and that morph was in turn pointing it's knife like arms at yet another morph. How fun!

Sevv walks quickly and quietly behind the boy with the knife, keeping careful to keep his cloak around himself so as to not have his features seen. Getting as close as possible, Sevv suddenly lets out an insane (Use it as a descriptive word, not literally) chuckle. Then, he spoke in his normal, soft monotone. " Do you really intend fight her off with that little knife? You don't stand a chance, no matter how skilled or unskilled she may be. I suppose I could get some amusement out of your blood being spilled, but people are no fun to talk to when they're dead."

With that, Sevv let's out another little insane chuckle and then steps back, ready to see the scene unfold.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:51 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

Soar

Sara Aurion
-----------------
Sara rammed her silver greatsword into the roof. The forceful stab created an unpleasant sound, surely drawing the attention of the small group below her.

“Welcome,” the word passed gracefully from her, as she turned to the crowd slowly. “and please, save your questions.”

“I know one of you would first ask ‘where am I?’ or maybe ‘Who am I?’ and I’ll explain the former. You’re in World 8, a world of forests. Also the home of Soar, the…faction I rule over. We know of ten worlds, and another called World Zero. Zero is what we need to destroy, as its inhabitants wish to rule over all to the point of every aspect of our lives and every world’s, including yours. Now what does this mean? Everything would be on a schedule. There would be no freedom, no choices. I know you all don’t want that to happen, or do you?” Sara said, raising an eyebrow to the group. “It matters not.” She said solemnly, looking up at the bright blue sky.

“The choice is yours.” Sara pulled the shortsword from her waist, the blade of amber shining as it seemed to cut a hole in the sky itself. Pure darkness flowed out of the hole, stopped only by the sunlight. “This is a direct portal to GameOver’s main base. They wish to just destroy everything. Now, none of you look evi- well, maybe you two, but everyone else looks like they wouldn’t go in here. Next order of business.” Sara cut another hole in the sky. Light shone out of the hole, even brighter than the sun. “This one leads back to Soar. We’re the good guys.” Sara jumped off of the roof. landing on the ground without a sound. “I hope you make the right decision,” She said, pointing the great blade of silver at the group, “Because I would hate to have to use this. Cleaning it is such a chore. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll let you go through the black portal, I’ll just kill you if I ever see you again.”

Sara jumped back up to the two portals, both sitting vertically, waiting for someone to enter.

“Step up and choose. Keep in mind that Soar has the technology to help you remember your past,” Sara said, her eyes landing on Ozhban. “And the equipment to repair you, little sphere.”

Sara looked as if she was going to jump back into the white portal, when she turned around and flung something at the crowd. The small metal sphere landed with a soft tick, flashing brightly. “That thing will restore a little bitty part of your memories. That is, if you lost any memories at all. I have more, if you earn them.” Then she was gone, leaving only the two opposing portals behind.

Freelance Characters

Zwelit
Forest Town
---------------
Okay, so maybe 'almost heavy' was a tad bit of an understatement. Zwelit arrived in town with the small blade of the rapier scraping against the ground. He probably looked pretty wimpy, he thought. Carrying around a rapier as if it were a slab of metal? He looked pathetic. Finally sitting down at the edge of the square, Zwelit sat down with the weapon lying at his side as he sat cross-legged. His fur breezed silently in the wind as he observed his surroundings. White buildings...white buildings...and an oddly dressed duo in some sort of hug, lying on the ground. He really didn't care where he was, or who he was with; he was just happy to soak up some of the sun.

Raio
Forest Town
---------------
Raio had cut every tree on his way to the village, the trees behind him marked with scars of his short walk. They seemed to shimmer and disappear behind him once he stepped in the village, erasing his path. He almost looked serious for a second, before throwing a load of streamers into the middle of the square. “PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY!” Raio whooped, waving his newfound spear like a twig. “WEEEEEEEEEEW-" He was interrupted by a loud screeching from the rooftop in front of him.

Raine
Forest Town
----------------
Raine took a silent step into the town, jumping shadows along the way. You see, she was very…different. Aside from being half flareon with only the ears, hair color, and tail inherited, she had many uncanny abilities. Melding into someone’s shadow made her invisible, but the target’s shadow looked like her instead. She could also mold flames into weapons, and slightly move small objects with her mind.

’well, she was pretty smart to group them all here. Not bad. But I bet her speech is going to be horrible.’ Raine settled on a pichu boy leaning against a tree, and with a few minor adjustments of her rather poofy tail, she looked pretty close to a regular shadow.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
So...much...BBcode...*passes out* Mountains of text. Weew. “WEEEEEEEEEEW-" We get it Raio, you like parties. Your text color makes my head ache >.>

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...

Last edited by Max0596; 04-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.