Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Velocity vs narphoenix

Quote:
Battle Style: 1v1
Disqualification Time: 3 days
Damage Cap: 50
Restrictions: 3 chills
Arena: A collection of 5 sky islands: a hot desert, a grassy field, an icy wasteland, a examsive sea (in a basin), and a power plant. The up drafts between islands are strong, but one can run the risk of being blown off course while trying to travel between islands.
Ref : Open
All right, Chomp, let's see some hustle!

[Chomp] Totodile (M)
Ability: Torrent
Sig Move: None

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Default Re: Velocity vs narphoenix

Staryu
Trait: Natural Cure

Start with Thunderbolt, then catch an updraft and begin evasive maneuvers, unless he's paralyzed, in which case follow up with another Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt~Evade/Thunderbolt

Last edited by narphoenix; 01-02-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by narphoenix View Post
Staryu
Trait: Natural Cure

Start with Thunderbolt, then catch an updraft and begin evasive maneuvers, unless he's paralyzed, in which case follow up with another Thunderbolt.

You never should edit your post. :I

All right, Chomp. Let's have you use a Mud Sport to head off any more electric attacks. Then a Swords Dance to give you a boost. If Mud Sport fails the first time, use it again.

Mud Sport ~ Swords Dance/Mud Sport

Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 PM
eishiba Offline

Round One

Velocity

[Chomp] Totodile(M)
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mud Sport~Swords Dance/Mud Sport

Narphoenix

Staryu
Energy:100%

The collection of islands high in the sky was about to become a battlefield. Which would be the first field? No one knew as two trainers came to the first arena selected at random. Both trainers found themselves in the Icy Wasteland as both of them stood shivering and shaking from the cold. Both trainers decided to pit their beloved pets to the death! Each trainer made a selection. One had chosen Chomp, a Totodile, and the other had chosen a Staryu.

Staryu was incredibly fast. It moved about ready to make the first move. The star-shaped Pokemon wanted to make sparks fly. Tiny sparks spilled from the red center of its body as a bolt of electricity zapped the tiny Totodile before it could blink. The move was super effective. (Totodile -18HP) (Staryu -24 Energy)

The tiny blue water Pokemon didn't like electricity. It knew its opponent had a great advantage. What better thing to do that to take it away? It dug into the thin layer of ice and found the dirt beneath it. It took small hand fulls of dirt and threw it around the arena. It even threw it on itself. It was ready for more electric attacks. (Totodile -3 Energy)

Staryu began to move about, trying to prepare itself for the next attack. It was ready to evade whatever move came at it. It expected a physical move or something to be fired from the blue water Pokemon. However, Totodile wasn't quite ready for an attack. It began to sharpen its claws against each other, making them sharper than before. It also began to sharpen its teeth. That star critter is gonna get it! Totodile thought to itself. Staryu stopped and just stoood watching as it felt like this was kind of a waste. (Totodile -3 energy +2ATK)

Velocity

[Chomp] Totodile(M)
HP: 82%
Energy: 94%
+2ATK
Condition:A little stronger.

Narphoenix

Staryu
Energy:76%
Condition: What a waste of a turn!

Arena notes: Still in Icy Wastelands with Mud Sport in effect.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

YOU ROCK EISHIBA

Bleah... Chomp, jump into the updrafts to catch a bit of height. Then, use Aerial Ace from on high to hit Staryu. If he successfully knocks you out of the updraft, however, switch to Water Pledge.

Jump into the updrafts ~ Aerial Ace/Water Pledge

Old 01-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Ok. Leeroy Jenkins will only get us screwed. Toxic, then reflect.

Toxic~Reflect

Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 AM
eishiba Offline

Round Two

Velocity

[Chomp] Totodile(M)
HP: 82%
Energy: 94%
+2ATK

Narphoenix

Staryu
Energy:76%

Staryu decided wearing its foe down was a good idea. It wanted to make up for the wasted evade. The small star shaped Pokemon worked up some really nasty spit. From the most high point of all five points, it released a purple colored goo. The goo hurled through the air and connected with Chomp. Chomp gagged for a moment as it now wish it had listened to its momma years ago when she told him to keep his mouth shut. (Staryu -6 energy) (Chomp Toxic)

Chomp felt a little sick but it still had the strength to keep fighting. It looked for a nice updraft from the edge, between lands. The wind took the tiny crocodile high into the air. Chomp looked down realizing how high he was. He gulped, hoping he didn't fall. (Chomp catches updraft -1 energy)

Staryu knew Chomp was up to something. Whatever it was doing way up there, it would be ready. It created a veil that covered the entire Pokemon like it was armor. The best offense is a good defense, Staryu thought to itself. (Staryu -6 energy reflect)

Chomp was now high in the sky. It looked down at the star down below and took aim. It let itself fall out of the updraft. I gained speed from the hieght in the air and came down with great speed. Even Staryu, with its great speed, couldn't avoid this attack. Chomp reached its right claws out and came down with a massive swipe. Staryu staggered a bit but the veil over itself kept it safe from the amount of damage it could have sustained, especially from an attack that hieght. (Chomp -13 energy) (Staryu -9 HP)

Chomp stood up and was ready to keep going. It took a moment to hold its stomach as the toxic inside its system coursed through its body. It opened its mouth as it began to vomit from the nasty poison. (-2HP)

Velocity

[Chomp] Totodile(M)
HP: 80%
Energy: 80%
+2ATK Toxic
Condition: Love those updrafts!

Narphoenix

Staryu
HP: 91%
Energy:64%
Condition: Pleased with its defense

Notes: I felt Aerial Ace from way up high should do more damage so I gave the attack a 1.3. Reflect still cancelled it out but it was a little more damage.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dodge all attacks. If he isn't attacking, Chill.

Evade/Chill~Evade/Chill

Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Okay, let's give this a shot... Use Double Team, then get your clones around him while he's still resting, to try and psyche him out. Then he won't know where to dodge to when you use Water Pledge on him from all sides.

Double Team ~ Water Pledge

Old 02-24-2012, 08:52 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Three

Velocity

[Chomp] Totodile (M)

HP: 80%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Love those updraughts; +2 Attack; Toxic
Moves: Double Team ~ Water Pledge

narphoenix

Staryu (X)

Energy: 64%
Condition: Pleased with its defence; Reflect
Moves: Evade/Chill ~ Evade/Chill

Chomp’s wave of nausea faded slowly, but when it did he decided that he was well enough to move. Staryu watched him carefully - its own action depended entirely on what its opponent decided to do now: the crocodile was going to have to take the lead. Starting slowly so that he could remain upright on the slippery ice, the Totodile moved in circles around his opponent. As his speed increased, his body shifted into one long blur, which soon completely surrounded Staryu. Meanwhile the star stood fixed to the spot, allowing itself a little time to regain the energy which could win it the battle. It watched Chomp slow down and stop, and saw that there were now three Totodile in a triangle around it; she had to be prepared for an attack any time now...

It barely got to the end of the thought before columns of water erupted from the mouths of each of the three Totodile. They moved towards Staryu at an amazing speed, but the star seemed to be quicker. It stepped around the first blast with apparent ease, but a second was hot on its heels. She leapt to the side just in time to miss it – and landed right in the path of the third column. With no time to think, the star went to the ground, smashing “face”-first into the cold, hard ice. Thankfully, the shield it had created in the last round absorbed the impact from the fall, and the column of water moved past overhead. That had been too close for the star – it wasn’t sure how long it could continue playing defensively.

While the sea-dwelling creature thought these things over, all three Totodile were on their knees in pain: the poison in Chomp’s body was getting more effective as time went on; he would have to finish this quickly to win.

Velocity

[Chomp] Totodile (M)

HP: 76%
Energy: 69%
Condition: Needs to deal more damage, and quickly; +2 Attack; Toxic; 2 Clones

narphoenix

Staryu (X)

Energy: 61%
Condition: Thinking about a change of tactics

Notes
Double Team- (Totodile -6% Energy, +2 Clones)
Chill- (Staryu +6% Energy)
Water Pledge- (Totodile -5% Energy)
Evade- (Rolled 17/100, 75 or less to dodge; rolled 33/100, 58 or less to dodge; rolled 3/100, 25 or less to dodge; rolled 3/3, the third attack was real; Staryu -9% Energy; 3% Energy used for each dodge)
Toxic- (Totodile -4% HP)

Arena Notes
In the icy wasteland
Mud Sport is in effect

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 02-24-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Forgot to include that Chomp still has two clones, luv. :)

All right, Chomp: make a 1% Substitute and then use Swagger to disrupt the star's attacks. If he protects/detects/subs or gets out of range, switch to Rain Dance. If he taunts you (not even sure he can do that, lol) then use Aqua Tail.

Sub @1% ~ Swagger/Rain Dance/Aqua Tail

Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Thunder Wave the little croc so that it can stop being so annoying. Then protect yourself.

Thunder Wave~ Protect

Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Reserved~!

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Round 4

Velocity

[Chomp] Totodile (M)
HP: 76%
Energy: 69%
Condition: Needs to deal more damage, and quickly; +2 Attack; Toxic; 2 Clones
Sub 1% ~ Swagger/Rain Dance/Aqua Tail

narphoenix

Staryu (X)
Condition: Thinking about a change of tactics
Thunder Wave ~ Protect

The star Pokémon began to move first, the red orb at the center of his body glowing with a slightly yellow sheen. A look of slight worry passed over Chomp’s face, which was mirrored exactly by his clones. What was this little annoying starfish going to do? With the sound of crackling lightning, the Staryu let loose a flowing wave of bright yellow electricity. With a wince, Chomp braced himself as the electricity wrapped around his body. Chomp instantly felt his muscles seize up, and let out a wince of pain. How could this happen?!
[Staryu: -4 Energy| Chomp: PRLZ, -6 SPD]

(Accuracy rolled a 27 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target.)
(Roll was 1, with 1 hitting Chomp and 2 or 3 hitting a clone)

Chomp groaned a the sudden feeling of electricity in his body. His clones around him copied his movements, and he tried to focus on his orders. He managed to push through the paralysis that threatened to take over, and began to scrape at the ice. He let water fall from his mouth, which instantly hardened into an ice-like replica of himself. Smiling slightly at his victory, Chomp got back into a battle stance.
[Chomp: -1 HP/Energy, Substitute @ 1HP]

(Paralysis Roll was 2418 where any result less than or equal to 5000 resulted in Chomp successfully carrying out its orders.)

Spinning happily on one of its five legs, the Staryu may have been smirking if it actually had a face. But it had one more action to carry out. The gem on its body began to glow dimly again, a soft green-white orb surrounding the Pokémon. It hopped up again, spinning in the air as if to say “Beat that, croc.”
[Staryu: -8 Energy, Protected next action]

Chomp snarled at the cocky action of his opponent and got into a fighting stance, his clones doing the same. Closing his eyes, he forced through the paralysis that threatened to over take his body. His feet slid easily over the ice as he danced around, attempting to please the god of the rain. As he slid to a halt, he felt the first drops hit his skin and smiled. He had pleased them, good...

[Chomp: Rain Dance, -7 Energy]

(Paralysis Roll was 1760 where any result less than or equal to 7500 resulted in Chomp successfully carrying out its orders.)

Chomp’s eyes turned to glare at his opponent who was safely encased in its glowing orb. The protect faded and the Staryu twirled on its legs with a soft and confident cry. Chomp growled, but was cut off as the Toxic began to take effect again. He fell to his knees, feeling the pain burning through his veins. He was in a tight spot that was going to be difficult to get out of…He needed to think of something QUICK.
[Chomp: -6 HP]

Round 4 END

Velocity

[Chomp] Totodile (M)
HP: 69%
Condition: That little…; +2 Attack, -6 SPD; Toxic, PRZ; 2 Clones; Sub @ 1%;

narphoenix

Staryu (X)
Energy: 49%
Condition: How do you like that~?