Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Re: Early Activity/Interest check: This year's Team RP/War Season RP

Firstly, sorry for vanishing; school was keeping me busy. Exams are this week though so I have a bit of a break (Good grades mean exemptions after all |D)

'Kay, so I really don't think Sonic the Hedgehog's anthropomorphic animals need to be explained; so far as the games imply, Sonic and co have always been on the same earth as humans, or at least they're common enough that the humans you DO interact with don't bat an eye at the fact there's a three foot tall hedgehog wandering around town. Or a six foot robot for that matter. And in any case having two separate worlds for the entire RP is complicated enough (Which is why I'd prefer the two be forcibly melded together) without adding a third one that is only there for background text. And then too, we never explore the entirety of Sonic's world, usually just small parts of it; Sonic Adventure is Station Square, the Mystic Ruins and Angel Island, Adventure 2 was mostly large cities the pyramids and the ARK, etc.

In any case, I've been working up a plot, and I think I have a decent draft to present. I'm not one to give ones that are too long though... I don't have time to post it up tonight, but hopefully I can do so tomorrow for everyone D; Sorry I'm taking so long everyone...
Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I agree metal. It doesn't need to be explained. It just is. Has been that way since the 3d reboot. I'm pretty sure the 2d games take place on Mobius, though. At the very least I don't think it's the same planet.

What we could do is that the places from SA, SA2, and Shadow the Hedgehog (Main one being Westopolis which is just another large city like Station Square, remember?) could be transported somewhere to Poke-Earth. It makes things slightly simpler, and there's less potential for abuse. Poke-Earth has been entirely mapped out, Sonic-Earth hasn't.

Been eagerly awaiting what you come up with, then all interested can disect it.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 03-12-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Okay, I've been away from the net for a couple months. I just read through (well, kinda skimmed in some places) this thread and thought I'd throw in my two cents.

1. As much as I love Sonic (really do), I'm a bit surprised that a crossover has been suggested for the WAR. I'm not going to make any assumptions yet because it could bring some new interest. But there's a rather important aspect that I feel was overlooked through this conversation...

2. How will Pokemon fit in? I realize that Metal will have used Pokemon to create similar robots and he wants to use the Legends to make even more powerful bots, but how will Pokemon fit with average RPers? I mean, when you combine the worlds you could have trainers with their Pokemon next to Sonic OCs with whatever respective powers they choose. I'm just wondering how average Pokemon will fit into this without falling to the back-burner of actual role playing...in the POKEMON forum WAR.

And in that case, I've been wondering something else. You've been debating about Sonic and co being in a world with humans. Are you talking about humans from Sonic's world, or humans from the Pokemon trainers' world? Because in all actuality, the worlds could have combined with the "Pokemon (mystery dungeonesque) world" where there are no humans. The end decision will probably fall to Metal, but I really do feel like these are important things to consider...other than the next thing.

3. Does it really matter what he names the worlds? They will have names. They will become merged and only known as they once were in name, and that's it. I'm sure Metal can come up with names. Better ones than Grooseland, too. Metal quit messing with people.

4. The last is that I don't think too much emphasis should be put on the Emeralds giving everyone powers. The whole beginning will turn into a treasure hunt and if someone doesn't get an Emerald to boost them, interest can wain. I know you guys can agree with that, right? I do think it's important to find them quickly so the rolly robot guy doesn't get them all, just don't make them too big a focus. Or else have something for people to work for if they can't/don't want to use Chaos Emeralds.

The same thing with Chaos energy. I realize it's gonna be part of things with the Emeralds being a big cause of the initial problem, but getting too in depth the history and little nuances of Chaos energy could lose people who aren't that familiar with the whole Sonic universe.

I think that's all I really wanted to consider. Sorry if I tread on toes or missed something that was already said earlier. You'll have to forgive me coming in late. ^^'
Um, as far as when the RP starts...when does the WAR start? I always thought that was up to the G-mods. It would be good to start a week or two early maybe to get the ball rolling, but I kinda hope it doesn't start in April. I'll be in Pennsylvania on limited net time...and isn't that college exam season?

(And yes, I'm still gonna call it WAR. Bron, please don't pick at me. That's how I've seen it since I started here and I just don't think it's that big a deal how you write it. I personally happen to think WAR is easily recognizable. xP)

Last edited by k_pop; 03-13-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Sorry again for taking so long; I've been busy >-> Which is unusual considering how I'm usually never doing anything.

Anyways, what I've thought up so far:

Quote:
Over the past few months, Pokemon trainers in every region have been noticing more strange news reports with similar stories. A Pokemon trainer attacked by machines of some kind in a forest and having their Pokemon kidnapped, only to find them badly injured nearby. The police and individual trainers eventually began exploring these areas to learn just what was going on, the police suspecting their region's respective team of villains. Encountering a combination of robotic Pokemon and more complex machines, the groups found a swirling vortex of energy near where the stolen Pokemon appeared in each of the areas.

Across the multiverse, the evil Dr. Ivo Robotnik's latest plan to conquer the world had led him to create a device powered by the ultimate power sources of his world, the Chaos Emeralds. The device created a wormhole through which he could send his many mechanical servants to capture the native Pokemon and create mechanical copies bent to his will. But like all of Robotnik's plans, he was ill prepared for his nemesis, Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends, and the evil genius quickly found his machine overloading. Unlike his previous machines that snapped the world back to the way it had been regardless of what havoc he had unleashed, the overloading of the wormhole generator caused the two worlds to be smashed together; bits of the Pokemon world's cities and parts of the world of Sonic the Hedgehog were forced to combine-- including the home lab of the illustrious Professor Oak.

Never one to give up easily, Robotnik and his machines overpowered the trainers of Pallet Town and stole the data Professor Oak had gathered over the years of nearly every Pokemon in existence-- Including such super powerful deities as Palkia, Dialga, and the other Legendary Pokemon. With one Chaos Emerald in hand and a limitless supply of robotic minions, Robotnik set his sights on capturing and subjugating the most powerful Pokemon in the world and constructing his worldwide robotic empire. With the mixed remains of the two worlds forced together and in disarray, can either side gather the forces to combat Robotnik's mechanical army and prevent the evil scientist from conquering both worlds, or will the mad doctor's schemes finally pay off?

This is just a draft mind you. It's been forever since I wrote up an RP plot, I swear...
Old 03-21-2012, 04:12 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Was waiting to reply until metal posted.

Well Kris people can choose to be a Trainer or a made up anthro animal. Pretty simple really. Pokemon fit in as much or as little as the RPers want them to.

We have been talking about how Sonic and co have been on a very close version of our Earth, actually. The one from the games. What I figured ends up happening though is basically what metal posted. Eggman invades Poke-Earth. The regular one with Trainers. I originally had the idea to keep the worlds separate and allow people to travel between the two through rifts, but this is easier. Combine them, let the RPers decide how to un-combine them. Or not.

I dunno what to do with Chaos Emeralds really. There's obviously going to be less of them than players, and getting them together is going to be a chore. I have no idea how we are going to work that out.

When does War start? Well as I said, so far it's unlikely we will have a full War, just a Team RP. It wasn't really up to the GMods. It just so happened that most Wars have been organized by a Mod or a GMod. There's no rule about it being a requirement, plus I don't see any staff giving a hoot about this year's event. I talked to Harry and he wasn't sure there would be a War this year with how many old members left forever.

So when does it start? I was thinking May lasting through to August if we have a full War, with the RP concluding when an actual winner is decided. No points will be given out throughout the thing and the winning team would get like 50 to 100 points for being the ones to "conquer the world" so to speak.

If we don't have a full War, which seems like what will happen, I was thinking also May lasting through whenever we decide to conclude. Nobody will count as winning the Team RP until somebody actually uh, wins.

metal I like the plot. It's nice for a starting draft. I was wondering though, what would be the goals here? Your goal as Robotnik is obviously to build Eggmanland and to never leave. Everybody else would be what, to set the worlds right? Defeat you? Kinda seems weird to have everybody against you. Are you sure you can handle it? I was thinking people should be able to sign up as aligned with Robotnik, probably as semi-sentient robots (Semi, because really if they were fully sentient they'd realize working for him sucks) and evil anthro animals or Trainers. Although very very few of the later two categories would be likely to join his cause.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

What's a WAR?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:22 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
What's a WAR?
Something you enjoy spamming about and intentionally using the bad spelling. Nothing really. Nothing to see here. Move along if you're gonna be a troll....

Last edited by bronislav84; 03-22-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

I can handle being the solo villain; I'm used to playing the sole antagonist of RPs actually, Robotnik in particular. I don't mind if people help out Robotnik (For whatever reason) but in general the goal would be 'Stop Robotnik'. And I'm sure some reason why the Chaos Emeralds can fix the worlds can be wormed out if you want one; I myself am fine with the worlds remaining stuck together at the end of the RP. As for goals, beating Robotnik is the only one I can really think of right now XD I'm open to ideas though.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:45 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
metal I like the plot. It's nice for a starting draft. I was wondering though, what would be the goals here? Your goal as Robotnik is obviously to build Eggmanland and to never leave. Everybody else would be what, to set the worlds right? Defeat you? Kinda seems weird to have everybody against you. Are you sure you can handle it? I was thinking people should be able to sign up as aligned with Robotnik, probably as semi-sentient robots (Semi, because really if they were fully sentient they'd realize working for him sucks) and evil anthro animals or Trainers. Although very very few of the later two categories would be likely to join his cause.

If I roleplay Shadow (and it's likely I will), I know one of his goals will be to repair the ARK. Seriously. Temporal shifts and all that...The ARK will likely be in a decaying orbit AKA going to crash into the planet. Oh nooooes. It'll add drama because if he DOESN'T get it fixed, a big chunk of the planet will be gone and...It won't be good for the whole planet, either. Just my thoughts.

If you guys need me to, I'll roleplay any other important characters too.

As for weeding out the Chaos Emeralds...They could always I don't know, get absorbed into the energy of the rift or something.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Something you enjoy spamming about and intentionally using the bad spelling. Nothing really. Nothing to see here. Move along if you're gonna be a troll....
Nope, just not interested in role playing. Too bad this site failed at long-term member retention (gg unruly banhammers, you'd all make terrible parents btw), because I'm interested in helping with actual parts of the WAR, not that that's going to happen.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

I >think< the war is a big event that gets run once a year where people on the forum compete for points in various areas (Fanfics, debates, the war RP, etc.) and the team that wins... I dunno, gets bragging rights for that year? I'm not entirely sure myself; I've never participated in the war and I was in one team RP as a neutral pest XD And even that was a long time ago. At least, that's what I think it is; I have no real idea because I've never been too interested; I just RP and write short, weird fan fictions.

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 03-24-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal sonic View Post
I >think< the war is a big event that gets run once a year where people on the forum compete for points in various areas (Fanfics, debates, the war RP, etc.) and the team that wins... I dunno, gets bragging rights for that year? I'm not entirely sure myself; I've never participated in the war and I was in one team RP as a neutral pest XD And even that was a long time ago. At least, that's what I think it is; I have no real idea because I've never been too interested; I just RP and write short, weird fan fictions.
Oh, trust me, I know very well what it is. In the past, I was a very unqualified team leader and a graphics art judge. Jeez, imagine if this place had the patience to keep us immature kids around until we became useful young adults.

Pidgeot79, never forget.

Last edited by Lan.exe; 03-24-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Ignore him, Metal. He's just a troll.

In the meantime Metal, what did you think of my idea? Not necessarily the ARK idea (although hey, it'd add more goals...), but just...The emeralds getting absorbed into the rift XD BZZT. Gone.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Well on the ARK thing, the ARK survived falling in to the atmosphere once, and then survived an alien invasion and getting half crushed; if that didn't bring it down, I doubt anything Eggman can do short of taking direct control and ramming it in to the planet is going to do anything with it XD

Anyhow, Chaos Emeralds... I'd prefer they be there as things to get if just for Robotnik to have a drive so I'm not just turtling up in a base and sending out legions of robots. And on top of that, Robotnik's greater machines usually need a more power than what other things can give it (His stealing of the Master Emerald was to power the Death Egg all the way back in Sonic 3, a lot of the Sonic X super robots were powered by a Chaos Emerald, Emerl from Sonic Battle, the ARK's superlaser needed the Chaos Emeralds to even >charge<...), and super robots like a robo-Palkia or a robo-Groudon would be easier to explain in terms of power if they had a Chaos Emerald to charge them up. Because really, if Robotnik has to track down the Chaos Emeralds too, that means he can't just sit in the base that is surrounded by billions of robot minions and do nothing; and if I just did that, the roleplay would hardly be interesting, eh? XD

But yeah. I'd rather the Chaos Emeralds be around if ONLY because it means Robotnik would have to leave his stronghold. I don't particularly like turtling up (I mean, sure, I can come up with some other reason for him to roam about, but that's a handy in-universe one that doesn't really need further explanation for why he'd be after them).

.. Wow that ended up being longer than I thought it'd be XD
Old 03-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

The ARK was half-crushed? When? O.o (And it survived falling through space because Sonic and Shadow warped it back into a stable orbit before severe damage could be done. It has probably been repairing itself since then.)

Well, think about it though - thrown into a new planet, which cause a lot of energy to bounce around...The ARK's systems were probably fried. Add on to being thrown into a new orbit, it's highly likely it won't be a stable one. Without the ability to stabilize itself due to the fried stabilizers, it'll soon fall into a decaying orbit. This'll give me a goal as well - Shadow won't be able to repair it on his own. He'll need help tracking down the right equipment and people to fix it. Add on to the fact if they fail...*Shudder*

He he.

That's true. I demand a Robo-Rayquaza, actually. MAKE IT HAPPEN METAL. ...That way Shadow can hijack it and have a noble steed. YAAAAAAAAY.