Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

View Poll Results: Well? Are they?
Yes. New games are just gimmicks, and suck. 1 11.11%
Well I like the new games and all, but...I think they are. 3 33.33%
I kinda like the new games, so I guess that they aren't. 1 11.11%
Not by a long shot! I love the new games! 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: Are Sonic's best days gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eevee9 View Post
Blaze is actually from the future if you played Sonic Rush and Rushed Adventure although I don't know about Sliver!!

Although Modern Sonic games of today lack things that the Classic ones had one they do have is character development in my childhood I remember hating playing the original Sonic games if I couldn't play as other characters than Sonic because then it was just basically following a Mario format which bored me at times. I feel with all the diversity that Sonic characters have you think games the non-Adventure games would include them besides just the main ones! Shadow the Hedgehog was my favorite GC Sonic though I stupidly sold the game when I heard what people were saying about it without playing it for myself first!
No, she isn't. Not in those games. That's what 06 wants you to believe. Sol is a different dimension, not the future. There is a canon disparity between Rush and 06 with Blaze's origin.

Guys, the biggest problem I have with Sonic games nowadays is what they cost for what you get in story. I paid the full $40~ for Generations 3DS and highly regret it. I am only half way through because I do other games and stuff, but I can already see it's incredibly short. Forty dollars for a game I will finish in like a day? No. I bought Colors Wii used a while ago. Heard that one is pretty short too. I beat the story for Unleashed in 3 nights of solid playing. Loved it, but I haven't touched it since then. Paid full price for that too, and also regret it.

Reason I loved Adventure/2 and Heroes was that it took a while to complete and gave me a sense of accomplishment. Riders was great too. I still have yet to get all the Gears in that game, and my Zero Gravity is untouched.

I am very much enjoying my used copy of Rush Adventure like it's predecessor, and will be sad when I end it. The game is NOT short, and I like that. I STILL play the Sonic&Blaze final story in original Rush from time to time. It's just that good. I will never delete my save and restart because some of the Emeralds were a pain in the behind to get, but I really want another Rush game. It somehow manages to do all of modern Sonic's moves, while still doing the classic stuff, and that's why I enjoy it. New + old in one character = good IMO.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-20-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
That is a horrible argument. You said SEGA listens to their fanbase. Their fanbase wanted Sonic with a gun. They did not listen, and you wonder why the fanbase is angry? This is business, Grassy. Very few companies actually care about what they pump out. SEGA doesn't need to care about Sonic anymore because it is already a well-known game. They have a fanbase made of zombies who will buy every game just so they can say, "I bought the new Sonic game." The same thing can be applied to Nintendo, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Blizzard, and a ton of other game developers.
Not really. SEGA actually stuck to what they knew for once - keeping Sonic in character - and they got attacked for it. I honestly think they listen a little more than other companies, judging from what they've done in recent games. But I'm not going to argue the point with you.

And the zombies? They are the dreaded "He doesn't have green eyes RAGENAO" zombies. Seriously. Most pointless argument ever, besides pizza being a vegetable.

I have to agree bronislav. Generations - for 360 - was not worth 56 bucks. I got the free DLC, but...Not worth it. Adventure was so much fun, especially because of Chaos Gardens. (Incidentally, the one thing SEGA isn't listening to fans for XD)
Old 02-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Obliveon Offline

Definately not. I love all the Sonic games, even the ones with sucky graphics. People are always like "The new games aren't worth a crap." I think they are. Sonic Colors was one of the best games I've played. And people really hated Sonic Unleashed, but I don't know why. Sure it was unconventional, and some of the controls were annoying, but I thought it was a beautifully creative game. Everyone seems to hate that there is more than three main characters with individual personalities. Sonic's planet is suppost to be full of people, just like ours, but people seem to act like it should have one character and only one character in it. They also seem to hate the intricate storylines that were put into some of the games. Storylines are part of what makes a game. I love getting part of a storyline and then thinking, 'is that what that means?' or 'I wonder if that's going to happen next.'
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

@Princess Eevee: Yeah, Blaze is from a differet dimension, same goes for the Sol Emeralds, etc etc... I actually liked Rush and it's sequel. It was a lot of fun for me. And by the way, sucked in terms of SATSR was way too harsh. I'm just replaying it, and it's fun XD

@Grassy: Well, yes, Sonic '06 sucked, no doubt, but the thing is, it has bugs. Maybe more than Adventure, but there was some problems with Adventure, and people LOVE it. People nowadays just have higher standards. *sigh* though '06 sucked baaaad...

@Voices: You need to relax, please? SEGA fans are not as bad as some other fans. Square Enix ones, for sure. And by the way, Do I look like a damn zombie? I buy the games to play them, as does everyone else. Implying that most nowadays are stupid jerks may be appropriate, but not an entire fanbase. That's like keeping a class of students in at recess because one kid flipped the teacher off. Just rude.

@Kenny: As long as we're on this topic, I just want to say that AdventureDX is one hell of a long game. 60 missions, and 130 emblems >.>

Another topic to talk about: What happened to Tails? He used to spin dash and fly. Pure awesomeness? Methinks so. But now he's just a worthless background character, and he's kinda...a waste of a character. I could care less about Sonic, really, I want Tails to come back! :D

EDIT: Ninja'- well, not really. I forgot to click the "Post" button XD! SO I'll reply to the new stuff below:

@Bronislav: Yeah, I want a new Rush and Adventure for next christmas. :D

@Grassy: Yeah, but they should be raging about the important thing: Tails ;0;

@Obilveon: Yeah, I agree. What happened to Shadow, Blaze, Silver, Tails, Knuckles and Amy? It seems like they just keep making new characters every game only to never use them again. Like the entire cast of Secret Rings/Black Knight, Chip, Wisps? D: but do not fear, they might be bringing back a few awesome charaters:

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...

Last edited by Max0596; 02-21-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post

@Voices: You need to relax, please? SEGA fans are not as bad as some other fans. Square Enix ones, for sure. And by the way, Do I look like a damn zombie? I buy the games to play them, as does everyone else. Implying that most nowadays are stupid jerks may be appropriate, but not an entire fanbase. That's like keeping a class of students in at recess because one kid flipped the teacher off. Just rude.

I am worked up? When did that happen? I can make that generalization because Sonic has a cult fanbase. They would support it no matter what. The people who simply jump on the bandwagon will the be the ones to leave.

Did I say they were jerks? I simply stated that they would eat whatever SEGA fed them, that is what "true" fans do.

That is the way many organizations run their punishment systems. One screws up, the group pays for it.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-21-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Max0596 Offline

@Voices: Because you're acting worked up. Also, that was me who posted that, not Grassy. Pfft, I would ride on the unsafe, exciting, sometimes dissapointing, fast, and visually amazing bandwagon of Sonic any day over Mario's slow, pathetic, predictable, unchanging, and stable one. Mario will always be the same; but one day Sonic Team will just strike gold and it'll be amazing.

Wewt. That is all.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM

You can by no means say I am acting worked up when reading text.

I find it funny how you not only insult a game that revolutionized the industry that SEGA partakes in, but you make a blatant and ignorant comment about SEGA. I understand you like Sonic, but you have to understand that SEGA is no more amazing than any other game company. They have ups and downs like most other companies and the many styles SEGA takes part in will rarely ever strike gold. It is a dying genre, that goes for Mario as well.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Obliveon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post
[COLOR="RoyalBlue@Obilveon: Yeah, I agree. What happened to Shadow, Blaze, Silver, Tails, Knuckles and Amy? It seems like they just keep making new characters every game only to never use them again. Like the entire cast of Secret Rings/Black Knight, Chip, Wisps? D: but do not fear, they might be bringing back a few awesome charaters:
[/COLOR]
Mighty the Armadillo was in the games before? I didn't know that. Cool.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliveon View Post
Mighty the Armadillo was in the games before? I didn't know that. Cool.
Mighty was, but only for...Geh...Three games, I believe. Then they forgot about him. Or rather, they can't find a way to put him in - they clearly remember them :/

@ Max: Yeah. Seriously, I miss being able to play as Shadow >.>' He's my favorite. Maybe because actually, you know, does important stuff and doesn't take any crap XD Plus, that motorcycle is awesome. AWESOME. I want it.

@ Pe2k - Well, I willingly admit they're no more amazing. Funny how an argument SEGA listening a little more to their fans than many other companies has devolved into Mario and Sonic dying.

Then again, people have no taste anymore. There is really no story behind Call of Duty, and I fail to see the appeal -.-'
Old 02-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Zappo09 Offline

I wonder if there's gonna be a Mario and Sonic Kart Wii.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Max0596 Offline

@Voices: What Grassy said.

@Obliveon: Yeah, he was :3 at the very least, it shows that they remember the roots of Sonic.

@Grassy: Yeah, I hope someone already made some sort of copy or something of it XD I mean IRL.

@Zappo: I hope not. That is seriously what Sonic does not need.

And on the IGN thing, here's a....review of Colors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i2z761q9PA

So horrible. SO they loved Colors, but it was too...hard? THE OLD GAMES WERE HARD TOO! And that's a minus, and the co-op? It was way too much fun if you were playing with another Sonic fan. The points they bring up are just retarded, especially the music part. The ONLY good thing about '06 was the MUSIC. Lies. Also, Unleashed looks beautiful too! They also say that Colors' took platforming advice from Mario. Yeah, sure, Mario. Basically this reviewer is a shallow idiot who sucks at Sonic and has only played Colors and the old, or as he says, Genesis Golden Age. And guess what game got the same score of 8.5? CoD Black Ops. Their ignorance eludes me.

Oh yeah, one major point? Graphics. ARGH! *flips desk*

I've changed my mind. I hope they bring back all the unused characters and the ones from the comics, and have them PLAYABLE. Not just Sonic anymore, diversity.

Last edited by Max0596; 02-21-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:43 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

@ Max: *Rolling* Colors? Hard? HARD? AHAHAHAHA XD Seriously, it was way too easy! They want hard? Go talk to Eggmanland in Unleashed! *Augh nightmares...*

Sonic '06 had great music, but it had some gems in there too. Like Shadow more or less giving a roundhouse kick to Silver's head, for instance. That was pure JUSTICE. Creepy villain? Check. Plus it brought the idea of boosting with a very broken gem power up for Sonic. It's control seemed to be like Adventure...I miss those controls. Too stiff now.

It wasn't a great game, but saying only the music was good is...*Shakes head*

Someone I like to watch on YouTube brought up his idea of a Sonic game. Or the characters, at least. They should be fast, but have enough to distinguish them from Sonic. He cited Tails - he could fly and get to new paths. Same with Knuckles. He more or less said leave the shooters and treasure hunting out and make a new IP for those.

...Then again, this is the guy doing Silver's story in '06...Lol. He has a LOT to rant about for that game.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Max0596 Offline

@Grassy: Who is this? I would like to watch his videos!

And yeah, maybe it was hard for me in some parts because my nunchuck kept screwing up and I thought it was the game XD and yeah, adventure's controls were awesome because...

They left a lot of room for being quick if you were good enough, or speedrunning. Some people were so fast, that the camera has problems catching up. Also, Sonic was so epic he could jump off the stairs on the Ancient Ruins in Adventure and land on the top. Hell yeah, like a boss.

I hear ya, Eggmanland...*shudders*

I think that they should just go back to Sonic '06, destroy the bugs, add new characters, new missions, and NO GLITCHES, and re-release it. That would be awesome.
...And, of course, fix the plot the F*CKED ITSELF

Last edited by Max0596; 02-23-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post

@ Pe2k - Well, I willingly admit they're no more amazing. Funny how an argument SEGA listening a little more to their fans than many other companies has devolved into Mario and Sonic dying.

Then again, people have no taste anymore. There is really no story behind Call of Duty, and I fail to see the appeal -.-'
I do not consider that the reason it is a dying genre. Consider this. It is predicted that Microsoft will buy Nintendo. Sony is very close to bankruptcy. Japanese game industries are going under. SEGA filed for bankruptcy.

Now let's look at other gaming companies like DICE, Activision, EA, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Ubisoft, Microsoft, 343 Industries, Bungie, Bioware, Blizzard, Lucas Arts. These companies are doing relatively well.

It is difficult to follow the story of Call of Duty because two series of Call of Duty are run by two different game companies (Infinity Ward and Treyarch). Infinity Ward's acclaimed success, Modern Warfare, has a very deep and disturbing story. Treyfail's Call of Duty's have very little story, and their recent attempt at one failed.

I don't think Sonic is a bad game, but I am just calling it as I see it.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

@ pe2k - SEGA filed for bankruptcy? I don't think they did. I'm sure the website I follow would have reported about it (they catch everything else! I also just checked Wikipedia - which isn't the most accurate sometimes, but they only state financial loss at some point, but nothing about bankruptcy). I highly doubt Microsoft will acquire Nintendo. It just doesn't strike me as a good idea. They could be called a monopoly, because they would be controlling two different game consoles...And if Sony does go out of business (which is possible. They're not doing too well, as you said), then they'll control the market.

I think.

And....I just don't like those games. I feel like they just take examples from real life and turn it into a story. Most do, but it is just the same old "shoot these guys, stop this bomb" type of stuff. It's annoying. Given Mario and Sonic do similar things, but Sonic tries different ways to achieve it. Mario just stays the same, that plumber. (Does he actually do any plumbing?)

Regardless, genres go out and then back in. I doubt Mario or Sonic will ever be truly dead. Both are icons <3

And...I don't feel like arguing this anymore.

@ Max - Lol. It's like the game knew it was so bad, it decided to say "All right, I'm done. Let's pretend this never happened." Kick in the pants though for the people who went through the game, though. "I did all that for WHAT?!" Hur hur.

Lol. BSC broke the camera in Generations at one point XD

BrainScratchComms. - ...They are funny. Lol.

Johnny! - This guy is also on BSC. He's the one I mentioned. In BSC, he freaks out when Lewis ("Solaris") breaks the Silver fight XD