Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Zangooze Offline

Default Zangoose training?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but whatever. Shortly after i beat the main storyline, I began capturing ditto for their natures so that i could breed a jolly or adamant zangoose. In the confusion( im still confused by breeding, ev's and iv's) i bred a male jolly zangoose and a female adamant zangoose. I've scoured the net for proper movesets for the two, but the differences vary site to site. So I ask the great pe2k community to help me.

Zulu, lv 1 (zangoose)
Nature: Jolly
Base stats : HP-73
ATK-115
DEF - 60
Spec. ATK (×0.9) - 60
Spec. DEF - 60
Speed (×1.1)-90

Zanna, lv 1 (zangoose)
Nature: Adamant
Base Stats: HP - 73
ATK (×1.1) - 115
DEF - 60
Spec. ATK (×0.9) - 60
Spec. DEF - 60
Speed - 90

Not sure if i did it right, but I got the following for Zulu' s iv's( from hp to speed): 15,15,15,15,15,29
The only difference in zanna' s was the 25 speed instead of 29. But thats probably because of jolly right? Must have answers!!!!!

Last edited by Zangooze; 02-08-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Zangoose training?

The nature won't change the IVs. =)

I'm not really good at movesets, but Smogon is usually a good reference. Here's the page for Zangoose. I think the moveset kinda depends on what you're using the Pokemon for. If you're using it competitively then it probably depends on the other Pokemon in your team too.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:06 AM
Zangooze Offline

Finally someone responds! Been checking this thread like five times a day for a response . And if the nature doesn't change iv's then my adamant zangoose's lower speed is just bad luck on my part? Then what does nature affect? Thanks for the link!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Yep, its just bad luck, though IVs can be passed on from the parents of the Pokemon, which is why some people go all crazy breeding for good IVs! xD

The IVs and the nature both affect the stats (eg. your Pokemon's HP, Attack etc.), but not each other. =)
Old 02-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Zangooze Offline

So would you say either zangoose's iv's are good? Or should i keep on breeding for better ones? Because i already gave 100 strength/speed ev's to Zulu from protein and carbos.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Expecto Patronum!

Well IVs go from 0-31 so 15 is about average. They're probably not considered good exactly, most people would probably try getting at least 25+ in important stats like Attack and Speed for Zangoose.

Personally I wouldn't worry about breeding for better IVs unless you're going to be battling competitively against other people and every stat point matters, but that's just me, since IV breeding can be quite a hassle and take a while...

At level 100, the difference between a Pokemon with 15 IVs and a Pokemon with 31 IVs is only 16 extra stat points so it really isn't that much compared to EVs and stuff. It really depends what you're using the Pokemon for. =)
Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Zangooze Offline

Well, i'll eventually get a wireless modem, and when i do, im planning on doing wi-fi battles and Ill need a physical sweeper, so zangoose is the perfect choice for me

Last edited by Zangooze; 02-13-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Zangooze Offline

Oh and are iv's randomly generated or do they depend on certain factors?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Expecto Patronum!

They're randomly generated when you catch a Pokemon.

When you breed a Pokemon, the baby Pokemon can inherit some IVs from its parents, so it's not completely random.

This might help: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85699
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Zangooze Offline

You' ve been more helpful than i'd imagined! I'm going to keep on breeding, try to keep that 29 speed iv from Zulu in the mix and try to get some decent attack iv's in there. I can't thank you enough
Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Zangooze Offline

Ok, last question! XD lets say i breed zulu with a seviper so i can get night slash as an egg move. And, to keep its nature i give him an everstone. Could i then give zulu a power anklet and breed him with the egg move zangoose to get a 29 speed iv night slash zangoose?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Egg moves can only be passed down from males. So you'd need a male Seviper with Night Slash. Which means you'd need to breed it with a female Zangoose (not Zulu).

So to get the egg move Night Slash AND pass down the Speed IV you would have to do the following:

-Breed Zulu (holding Power Anklet) with Female Zangoose
-Result: Female Zangoose with 29 Speed IV
-Breed Female Zangoose (holding Power Anklet) with Male Seviper with Night Slash
-Result: Zangoose with 29 Speed IV and Night Slash.
-Keep breeding Zangoose until one of them has the correct nature*

*Only females can pass on natures, so you can't pass on Zulu's nature by giving him an Everstone. You'd just have to keep hatching Zangoose until you get the right nature.

It's a bit complicated so let me know if you need any more help =)
Old 02-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Zangooze Offline

Would it work if i bred zulu @power anklet with a jolly ditto @everstone for a female jolly speed iv zangoose, then with male seviper for night slash?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Expecto Patronum!

Yeah that should work to get you a female jolly 29 speed IV Zangoose. But then when you breed with Seviper you can only give the female Zangoose either a Power Anklet (to pass on the Speed IV) or Everstone (to pass on Nature). You can't do both. There is still a chance that the Speed IV can be passed on without using the Power Anklet as well, so it's up to you on which you choose. =)
Old 02-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Zangooze Offline

Something's wrong though.....on my ds, im trying to get a female jolly zangoose, so im breeding zulu@poweranklet with the everstone jolly ditto.....yet i got a female careful and a male brave zangoose? XD glitch maybe?