Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Contests

Contests Participate in coordinator contests and win ribbons. Talk about contests in general in here.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Arrow Contest Chat [For Contest-related questions too]

Credits to Buoy

Talk about anything related only to Contests. Please post any questions and suggestions here.

-| Links |-

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 08-30-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal
Default Re: Contest Chat

Ah, finally it's all ready :D Well Jack, I hope this becomes a success ^_^ I do have a question about the blending though. I've blended a few Blocks for the customers so far, and it seems like the numbers I'm getting is pretty high :s Is this just because they have a lot of Berries at once, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Another question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Advanced: URPG version. All Pokemon know all attacks and aren’t limited.
**Ribbons can’t be won.
Since it's unlimited, can they even learn moves they don't learn naturally? >__> Such as a Charmander using Transform or Water Gun? XD

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Last edited by Focal; 11-18-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:15 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

I've got another thing wondering around my head for a bit, as well. Jack, will it be necessary to change anything in the URPG's Contest specifics, concepts, and system once Diamond and Pearl's Contests are introduced. It WILL be a major difference from what we were introduced to in R/S/E, but I believe you can bear with the fact that you're going to have to change a whole lot of crap. I can't wait to put into use my new James Bond costume I made for my Skitty, Johnny!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert The Unforgotten View Post
Ah, finally it's all ready :D Well Jack, I hope this becomes a success ^_^ I do have a question about the blending though. I've blended a few Blocks for the customers so far, and it seems like the numbers I'm getting is pretty high :s Is this just because they have a lot of Berries at once, or am I doing something wrong?
Fixed.

EDIT: Another question.

Since it's unlimited, can they even learn moves they don't learn naturally? >__> Such as a Charmander using Transform or Water Gun? XD
No no, it's the same as battles. All moves that they learn and any moves they've been taught. I'll change the wording around on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika View Post
I've got another thing wondering around my head for a bit, as well. Jack, will it be necessary to change anything in the URPG's Contest specifics, concepts, and system once Diamond and Pearl's Contests are introduced. It WILL be a major difference from what we were introduced to in R/S/E, but I believe you can bear with the fact that you're going to have to change a whole lot of crap. I can't wait to put into use my new James Bond costume I made for my Skitty, Johnny!
I'm not worring about D/P until it comes out.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 11-24-2006, 05:12 AM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

How DID the Berry System get figured out? The whole equation thing, I'm presuming a lot of gameplay on the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games. XD Or manually made up the system, which is cool too.

I'm hoping someone will be able to look over/mod the contest I'm in. XD I can kind of see that contests haven't picked up completely though..

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

---Pokemon Ex: Hoenn---
Old 11-24-2006, 05:18 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

For a start, Jack...

I think you should make money available in Contests as well. I mean, like a person wins the contest, and ges so much money.

I thought there was a difference between contests and pokemon battles. It kida looks like we're forced to do pokemon battles to get money to become a pokemon coordinator.

Once contests guys get money, then it can be evenly split into pure trainers, pure coordinators(I want to become one )

Course, just in case people are joining contests just to get money for battles, you can separate the currencies, and certain berries, which we can use for both, can be bouht by both forms of currencies.

~May~
Old 11-24-2006, 03:07 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post
For a start, Jack...

I think you should make money available in Contests as well. I mean, like a person wins the contest, and ges so much money.

I thought there was a difference between contests and pokemon battles. It kida looks like we're forced to do pokemon battles to get money to become a pokemon coordinator.

Once contests guys get money, then it can be evenly split into pure trainers, pure coordinators(I want to become one )

Course, just in case people are joining contests just to get money for battles, you can separate the currencies, and certain berries, which we can use for both, can be bouht by both forms of currencies.

~May~
berryes will never be used in battle, i think.

but, the whole idea is fine. I think that the contest money should be raised a bit. with 2 battle, a trainer can get as much money as a coordinator get in a contest

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:03 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

Can a judge take a look at smart contest

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...splay.php?f=68
Old 11-24-2006, 10:17 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

Once D/P come out, we'll have contest modes like battle modes (R/S/E or D/P or URPG).
Old 11-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

I need a judge to look over a contest I'm in too.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouseiken View Post
How DID the Berry System get figured out? The whole equation thing, I'm presuming a lot of gameplay on the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games. XD Or manually made up the system, which is cool too.
It took me a lot of site searching to find Contest info. I knew there wouldn't be much, so I took a little here and there, reading FAQ's and forums. This site really helped out 'cause that's where I found the formulas.

They also have a blending calculator, which I forgot to add. I'll put the link in the Berry Store, for those that don't want to do it manually.

Speaking of Berry Store, I'm changing Spicy, Sour, etc. into their Attribute forms (cool, tough, etc) to make it less confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post
For a start, Jack...

~May~
Ok, I see. Berries are kinda expensive too. I'll raise up the winnings $500 each place. This'll help those pure coordinators.

First place- $2,000
Second- $1,500
Third-$1,500
Forth- $1,000

~Jack~

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 11-25-2006 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

Ah that's cool, hey btw, are you a contest ref? XD

I was also wondering, what was the point of removing stats? why not just max them all out? XD the 0/125 things for beauty, cool and all that.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:42 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Maxing the Attribute stats out would make contests too easy. People would probably be bored of contests faster. Having to remove Attributes and put new ones on makes it more exciting. As if you were a real Cooridinator. You strength train for Tough Contests and if you win that, you buy brushes and fur products for a Cute Contest. No Pokemon can be the best in all the areas at the same time, at least that's how I think it would work.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 11-25-2006, 02:49 AM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

Okay. XD That sounds cool Also XD

Quote:
Ah that's cool, hey btw, are you a contest ref? XD

Old 11-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post

Ok, I see. Berries are kinda expensive too. I'll raise up the winnings $500 each place. First place- $2,000
Second- $1,500
Third-$1,500
Forth- $1,000

Hmm, guess that's better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post

This'll help those pure coordinators.

~Jack~
Pure and poor XD