Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Game_Master Offline

Default [ADVENTURE] Suvaty: A Tropical Challenge [REBOOT]

This is the first post, really just a rules post, please don't begin until I say you can.

This is a reboot of the original Suvaty adventure that was started on here a while back.

Now, it's not easy GMing a virtual rp, so please, hang with me. I've spent 5-6 years DMing D&D sessions so I do have the eperience required. I'm just used to seeing dice rolled and sitting with my players.

I just have one big rule:
DO NOT ARGUE WITH OR QUESTION THE GM! I am the creator and shaper of the world you are in, and I can blink you out of existence. While I have never been so cruel to my players, I do get vengance for outbursts. I have the final say.

And here's the perfect example of a final say, if there is ever a need to roll dice, I will be the one to roll, and I will use this app.

Why am I going to roll? Because I am impartial. I am not biased. You may, I'm not saying you would, fudge a roll or say you got a nat 20.

And with rolls, the tie goes to the attacker for combat. That's the way I roll, mind the pun.

Next post is region background, and the 3rd will be the first post of the rp.

Last edited by Game_Master; 03-27-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Game_Master Offline

Default Re: [ADVENTURE] Suvaty: A Tropical Challenge [REBOOT]

Region background

This rp takes place in the Suvaty region. Suvaty is a great distance from any other region, and as such none of you were born in Suvaty. It does not matter which region you hail from, all that matters is that you are en route to Suvaty now. Suvaty is unique in that there is no set order for obtaining gym badges.

I am not going to post a map of Suvaty until someone obtains a map. All you are allowed to know is this:

The Pier leads directly to Avar Town, which is where the lab is, however, there is a thick jungle in between the beach and Avar Town that will be sure to test any new trainer to Suvaty.

Now Players, your characters are on a ship bound for Suvaty. The ship has stopped in several different regions and locations to pick up all of you. You may have bumped into each other passing in the ship, but you haven't really sat down to get to know each other. The rp will pick up around here, after I post one more time the ship will be close to docking at the Pier. Good Luck, and let's go.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Game_Master Offline

"This is your captian speaking, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for choosing to sail with us to Suvaty, and please enjoy your stay on this luxurious island. We'll be landing soon so please, take this time to gather your luggage, Pokemon, and children." The ship was filled with the clamor of hundreds of trainers and beach-goers. Suvaty was well known for its resorts and beaches, but a handful of people on that ship didn't care, they came for the Pokemon.

((OOC: You may begin now))
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Avalon
Pokemon Trainer
Room 343

He chose the room he was at because it had a window. He stared out of it, awaiting his new adventure. Excitement brewed in his body: Tensions were mounting. The time was closing in on him, and soon, he'd begin the journey of a lifetime.

He would also start it with a decent head-start: Scavenging the floors scored him all sorts of stuff, from pricy goods to nessicary commodities. He found a Potion, some extra cash, and even a pair of perfectly good Rare Candies, lying about, unwanted. He also had his Pokedex and ID Wallet, and of course, two good Pokemon.

Scyez was in her usual position: That is to say, on his head, nibbling the hair that wasn't covered by his beret. She was insane, to say the least, but she refused to leave Avalon on account of his soft head and her stubborn attitude towards leaving a soft place. Meanwhile, Jykal was meerly content to lay on the bed. He wasn't lazy, not even a bit: He knew the over-excited state Avalon perpetually kept himself in without a drop of caffine in his system, and he'd knew he'd need all the rest he could get now. He was not as loyal as Scyez was, but Avalon was a source of food and comfort that Sneasel rarely get without being amoral about it. That aside, rather a easily-excited kid who'd leap on the chance to have fun without any hesitation, than some criminal scum that prefer that kind of Pokemon.

Avalon was ready to go. He had all of his things packed. He was ready for Suvaty, right down to his swimming trunks. He knew he'd get wet somewhere on an island. The announcement's blared, and he burst outside...Of course, he wasn't there yet, he just wanted to get prepared for when they were.

Chane Unx
Pokemon Trainer
Room 341

He looked like he had been the son of someone just under the Poverty Line, the kind that demanded some sort of concern over, just because of what looked like a slight lack of ability to take care of oneself. He knew that full well.

He-and almost nobody else-knew otherwise. He never mentioned his last name in public unless it was required, and rarely it was. But the mention of the word 'Unx' was synominous with 'very rich people.' And he was, indeed, very rich. He didn't have that much money on his person right then, of course, but he was very rich...

...Unless, of course, he didn't complete a single Year-at minimum-of Pokemon Training. Then his share of the fortune on his father's will would go to an Uncle of his, who would swear to never spend a cent of it on Chane. His father wasn't terribly old, but he did not want to risk that fortune, considering his chosen profession.

Data was hovering about, and Chane and Iry watched 'her'. Data preferred being called a her. That was her choice. However, what attracted Chane to her being was that she was a Porygon. Sure, Ghost-Types like Iry are interesting in their own right, but Data was a man-made Pokemon. Man do not make Pokemon. The very existance of these Pokemon were akin to an insult to the Legendary Pokemon: If man made a Pokemon, then it proved that man could do what a few Legends could. However, no man was focusing hard enough on the computer phenomenon that brought them into existance to give accurate, reproducable results as to how it happened-how mere computer code, of all things, suddenly birthed a whole new species of Pokemon. That was fascinating, and Chane was eager to find out how it happened, possibly reproducing the event in the process...Though he was afraid of his less-than-average body that would easily be crushed by any Legend that thought of the creation of more Porygon as a blasphamy.

It was tricky work. He had to study this Porygon well beyond what the Pokedex would give. At least Data was compliant with it.

He heard the announcement, and decided to get some fresh air, taking his bags with him-He knew he'd need it soon, if they were approaching Suvaty.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

Anthony
Pokemon Trainer
Room 300

Darkness.
Not a single light was present in this room.
This room was cold and dark. Not a single soul could escape the crushing weight of nothingness that poured from this-

A loud snore broke the silence, followed by coughing. A quick clap and the lights turned on. Anthony was sitting up in his bed pounding his fist on his chest and gagging. Blast, his Squirtle, was rubbing his hands on Anthony's back trying to help him. Finally several orange feathers flew from his mouth and slowly drifted onto the bed. Anthony reached beneath his pillow and pulled a shaking Torchic out. "Blaze, I'm not mad. You can stop shaking." The Torchic looked up at his trainer and blinked. "Course, I should blame myself. I'm the one who set my Air Conditioning unit to 'ice box'. I had to cling to you to avoid dying." He got off the bed, unplugged the AC, and pulled a black hoodie on. He picked up his Pokemon and put them in the large pocket on his hoodie. "I guess I should make sure I'm set for Suvaty."
Old 03-18-2012, 03:30 AM
Game_Master Offline

The sound of passengers preparing to disembark filled the ship. Sounds of children laughing and parents shouting were drowned out by the loudspeaker, "This is your captain, I'd like to inform you that we seem to be, a little off schedule and may arrive a bit late. Now don't worry, in fact, I invite all of you to enjoy a complimentary breakfast in the dining hall. And remember, when you sail with us, you sail in style." The message got through to the passengers as a mob of people made their way to the dining hall.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Chane Unx
Pokemon Trainer
Outside

Free Breakfast?

Well, that certianly sounded like a way to make people noisy. He could already hear the cries of children, adults and Pokemon magnify from their original pitch as the mention of free food passed over. He had yet to see Suvaty on the horizon, however. He knew that he hadn't ate yet, and boy, would he NEED food.

However, how was a man like him to even get at the food? He looked at himself. Thin. Weak. Easily punched out. He swore he saw somebody four years younger and more immature than him, and he was pretty muscular for his rather small size. He was easy pickings for anybody, and would get shoved out of the way of the food he wanted quickly. To a Pokemon trainer, food was life. He could easily stash away some fruits and whatnot, and eat them a little later, at Suvaty.

So, how to go about not dying when the food-hungy individuals came charging for the food? Considering that most sane men would get their food from the dining hall instead of the kitchen, not to mention the food was much better from the kitchen itself, he would take a detour to the kitchens. Data and Iry were put back into their PokeBalls at once: Best not lose those two rare Pokemon. His father would be furious, especially on the Porygon. One Porygon alone is worth more than one human of the same age.

Avalon
Pokemon Trainer
Outside

Free Breakfast?

Avalon got his stuff and tore out of that room, for he knew that the words 'free' and 'food' in that order meant something good. He tore past all bystanders, rushed down two sets of staircases, and burst out of the cabins, to get at the food. He was running straight through the crowds in reckless abandon, ready to snatch at the food. The people nearby him did not realize to what extents him and free food went to: Anything labeled 'free food' put in front of him will not exist shortly thereafter said labeling.

Scyez was not helping matters. What says annoying and immature like a Riolu firmly gripped to your head, yelling "Ririririririririririririririririiiii!" constantly. She wanted food too. Jykal would have been running at the very mention on instinct, but Avalon, to his displeasure, put him in his PokeBall.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Anthony
Pokemon Trainer
Room 300

"off schedule and may arrive a bit late."

Anthony's smile slowly faded to the gentle frown of someone who was clearly used to this type of situation. "Seems like every time we get close, we're delayed just a bit longer..." Blast slowly and carefully climbed out of the hoodie pocket and up to Anthony's right shoulder. Blaze let out a low chirp. Anthony smiled and took the hint. He pulled Blaze from his pocket and placed the orange chick Pokemon on his left shoulder.

"I suppose we should try to get something to eat. There's no telling where our next meal may come from." Anthony grabbed his backpack and made his way to the dining hall.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Game_Master Offline

Chane ONLY

The kitchen was filled with a baker's dozen of chefs and cooks. There was so much hustle and bustle it would be easy for one to grab some food and get out without being noticed. It would have easy, if it weren't for the head chef's Aipom and Ambipom watching the doors. "Aipom! Ai Ai!"

The head chef looked up and saw the kitchen intruder, "Who do you think you are? Coming in here like this, dressed like that! It's a mad house out there! Next time you come down late, it'll be your job!" He picked up a tray of eggs, waffles, and bacon, "Normally I'd make you change into the proper outfit, but time isn't on our side... Take this out there and then come back here. Alright?"

The Ambipom snickered as it nudged the intruder towards the dining hall door without giving hima a chance to explain himself.

everyone

The dining hall was an elegant mixture of casual and formal. There were 3 large chandeliers in the center of this rectangular room filled with about 70 or so tables, and about 300 chairs. One long table ran along the wall nearest to some doors and was filled with an assortment of fruit, berries, meat, eggs, bread, and juice.

Within minutes, most of the tables and chairs had been taken and the food was running low.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Avalon
Pokemon Trainer
Dining Hall

Avalon got there, and witnessed the sole aisle of food. Food. Never a bad thing.

He immediately hit the line, and it moved fast. People were picking quickly, and leaving quickly, and there wasn't much left, but there was so much deliciousness. Avalon took Pinapple slices, an orange, two ceasar salads, a cheesy omlette, pretzals...No meats? His Pokemon were big eaters! That couldn't be a standing problem!

That was solved by another man coming in from the chef's kitchen. He looked quite out of place, if he was a cook; he looked ragged and rather poor, if not downright impovershied and homeless. He had a job, though, so Avalon guessed that things were looking up.

He also took all the bacon the young man had on his large tray. All of the bacon. He sat down near one end of the room, letting out Jykal, and the trio as a group chowing down on the contents.

Chane Unx
Pokemon Trainer
Dining Hall

Chane had no idea what happened. First, he was in the kitchen, about to ask for some food. Next second, purple Pokemon with tails that looked like hands alerted him to the head chef's presence, who mistook him for a cook, and tasked him with bringing out some of the food. It took all of three steps for a kid to take all of the bacon, right off the plate.

He literally was shot of luck as to what the heck just happened. However, two steps more, and his food stock needed to be resupplied, as several other guests thought it fit to take the food off the platter directly, leaving him with little when he got to the buffet table and get the rest of the eggs and waffles in. And he couldn't eat it...Ah, well, it was an All-you-can-eat, and when that happens, usually it's the fast that get fed the most...

Anyone could argue that if the food was free, the cooks would have to be hustling to make it fast enough to appease the tidal wave of people coming in, all right, but...Maybe this was a little ill-planned? Didn't seem like they had the speed to compete with this, and usually, breakfast costed money-henceforth, there usually was less demand all at once. Seemed odd, with only a small delay...Especially when he'd reserve this kind of occasion for much larger delays, ones that went up to a few hours in length. Plus, the captain never specified how long of a delay was it...Though it was all his first boat ride, so he couldn't tell if this was the norm. Ugh.

He went straight back into the kitchen, without further hesitation-he didn't want to know how badly the head chef would hurt him, and he might as well try to unveil himself as anyone but who the chef thought he was...Whoever that was.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Anthony
Pokemon Trainer
Dining Hall

Anthony managed to get to the table of food, and quickly grabbed 3 waffles and some oran berries. If he didn't eat them, he'd bring them along with him.

All the tables seemed to be filling up fast, save for one occupied by a trainer, a Riolu, and a Sneasel. Anthony looked at the pokemon on his shoulders, "Could be a good time to socialize. Could also be a big mistake... Ah well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Anthony made his way over to the table. He placed his hand on a free chair, "Mind if I sit here?"
Old 03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Game_Master Offline

Chane ONLY
The Ambipom saw Chane enter the kitchen again and snickered as it shook it's head. Ambipom took the tray with one of it's tail-hands and pushed Chane back out into the dining hall with the other. Clearly Ambipom knew who Chane was, or rather that he wasn't a waiter.

everyone
The lines for food were dying down, everyone who wanted food had it, and everyone who wanted a seat had claimed one.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Chane Unx
Pokemon Trainer (not a waiter)
Dining Hall

At least the Larger of the two purple Pokemon was smarter than the chef. Maybe in its own way, it would explain? Hopefully without 'saying' the word 'theif?'

One of the few Pokemon he didn't know of, and he had to encounter it. As soon as he memorized every last little detail about a Pokemon he could, he'd probably be ready for that. He looked around.

Uh-oh. Almost all the food was gone. He rushed into the lines to take the last of the food, which included one ceasar salad, a drink of lemonade, a load of pretzels (he'd save them for later), and-YES! An omlette! Life-giving substanance!

He immediately sat down-coincidentally, two rows away from where the young man who stole his bacon had been-and immediately feasted upon the food. He wasn't overfed nor underfed in his house, though he would eat quite a bit when he did eat. He took no notice of the young man trying to get a seat beside the boy with the bacon.

Avalon
Pokemon Trainer
Dining Hall

Avalon barely took a break in eating before nodding his head in agreement, then resuming his ravnous course of action. It was halfway gone by now, the food: Avalon loved it, and due to his overly-physical tendancies, couldn't get enough, and had a good excuse as to why.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:52 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Anthony
Pokemon Trainer
Dining Hall

Anthony sat down and placed his hands on the table so his Pokemon could safely enjoy their breakfast. He gave each one a waffle, and kept the third for himself. He slowly ate the waffle and watched the savage display of food consumption before him. "I'm Anthony." He said as he swallowed a chunk of waffle. "And this is Blast, my Squirtle, and Blaze, my Torchic." Blaze was pecking at the waffle, and Blast was rocking on his shell while he ate his.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Chane Unx
Pokemon Trainer
Dining Hall

The kid named Anthony, situated between him and the bacon kid, was attempting to introduce himself to the muscular youth, who, in Chane's personal opinion, would probably ignore the whole armageddon if there was food in front of his face. His Pokemon-a Torchic and a Squirtle-looked, to say the least, vulnerable. That much was probably according to the Sneasel's mindset, based strictly from the look on his face as he eyed the Small fiery chicken, pecking at a waffle. However, he had a much better feast before him already.

"I don't think he'll respond until he's done. I'm Chane." Chane said. "You've got interesting Pokemon, to say the least...Very well bred. Are you a breeder?" Chane asked.

Avalon
Pokemon Trainer
Dining Hall

Avalon barely even looked up at the mention of the Trainer's name or small conversation, but he knew of a new Pokemon when he heard of it. His Pokedex was firmly in his bag, though: he'd have to wait until he was done to record the Torchic. Food was his first priority. Scyez and Jykal were too busy chowing down to notice either. They were almost done at this point.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!