Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:19 PM
WebMaster Offline
BEAST MODE!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to WebMaster
Default Re: WAR Planning and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
The real question is,

Do we have the activity to maintain a full scale WAR like previous years? The forum is usually more active over the summer months but will that be enough?
Good point. That's why I request an announcement thread be made to get an estimate of our numbers.
AIM: WebDragoon1337
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 AM
eishiba Offline

So um, for those of us that don't know how a WAR functions. Or is there a "rules" page or something for me to see?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
So um, for those of us that don't know how a WAR functions. Or is there a "rules" page or something for me to see?
Not quite yet. This is just planning and such; in general they follow standard RP rules and literature rules, with their own thrown into the thread once it is started.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:41 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I believe that, even if there aren't many people, we could still do a smaller WAR if enough people will participate for that, which they probably will. If we do the smaller WAR, though, it should be with the bigger/more active sections although all WAR sections are somewhat active.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I think we have enough interest and a ton of the URPGers usually come over and participate during the event so we should have a decent turnout. Probably better than two or three years ago at any rate.

The real trick is planning it all. The WAR involves a couple moving parts and while it's not the most complicated of projects, it does take quite a bit of coordination.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

I'm still around with that RP plot I have that Bron, Grassy and I were brainstorming with if you guys want to use it. I'll try to participate, but I'm only good at RPing xD;
Old 04-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Well with the right people and the right ideas, I think planning won't be too hard. o: I mean, I can deal with the sprite art section and get a few members to help if need be, and Scy and I can probably work out fan fiction stuff too.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:46 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal sonic View Post
I'm still around with that RP plot I have that Bron, Grassy and I were brainstorming with if you guys want to use it. I'll try to participate, but I'm only good at RPing xD;
Same here. I *can* do other sections, but I just prefer RP. I always seem to get outdone though, and only have ever earned like three points in my whole career. Kinda sad, considering how long I've been in these things.

In case nobody noticed or has been living under a rock, metal is being nominated to judge the RP section. He's stepped up very nicely. The plot and rules are still unfinished, though.

I would like to propose a rule, which will probably be unpopular and get me yelled at, but it couldn't hurt. We need to limit or change how points are awarded for URPG and PO. Almost every year the one team with the best/most online battlers just PWNS the others in the sheer number of points online battling can bring in. Case in point, last year, Octopus Babies won by almost PURE PO points. I mean come on guys, something has to be done to make online battling categories a little more fair. Please?
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 04-21-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:36 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I'm not too concerned with figuring out Judges. That's fairly easy given that a lot of members have areas of expertise.

It will be the overall picture that needs work and coordination.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Hi guys, I'm willing to participate and possibly bring back Team VILE. The one thing I'm worried about was the sheer number of members we had compared to everyone else - 40, if I recall correctly (which must be a record? :P). I know we were talking about it in [URPG] a few weeks ago and there still seems to be interest from all of them.

If you need any help with judging or running the WAR, I'll be glad to help you Harry.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Sidestepping the online battling issue, Harry?

So people like evil. What else is new SLC? You still somehow didn't win, what with Octopus Babies being sooooo good at online battling categories and getting like all the points.

Really surprised nobody has noticed this problem all these years.

Psst, if Shen doesn't bring back Cullen, I might bring back DARK.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Sidestepping the online battling issue, Harry?

So people like evil. What else is new SLC? You still somehow didn't win, what with Octopus Babies being sooooo good at online battling categories and getting like all the points.

Really surprised nobody has noticed this problem all these years.

Psst, if Shen doesn't bring back Cullen, I might bring back DARK.

You might want to consider that if it is indeed a Sonic crossover this year, the teams will probably be a little different too XD Having some new teams won't hurt...
Old 04-21-2012, 10:07 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Meh Bron, it's not as important an issue as actually finding WAR leaders. Without them, there is no WAR.

Bron, PO and URPG were only were 5 or 6 points in previous WAR's. That's a lot, but really only a fraction of the points given each week and nowhere near the majority. If you take into account that we have, more or less, six other sections, then it's pretty ease to see that those two sections, assuming they can both be won consistently, only make up 25 percent of the WAR. You'd have to win at least two more sections, if not more, to guarantee victory.

And if you win half the sections in the WAR, you probably deserve to win.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I'm going to be a WAR leader this year, like last year. As well as last year, being the co-leader of a clan, I make the WAR team.

I also think we should do some PO and Wi-Fi! :)
Old 04-22-2012, 12:11 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Well I'll only bring DARK back if nobody else makes a decent good aligned team that appeals to me.

Harry online battling is THREE different sections, actually: WiFi, PO, and URPG. Four if you add Crater or whatever it's going by now. Five if you add online TCG. Octopus Babies won by winning these and only these, consistently. If you won't come up with a solution then somebody else should. I'll try.

1. Lower the points each online battling category gives.
2. Limit how many points each of online battling based categories give to the same team repeatedly. This means that after a while if a team earns X points in a category they cap out on it and can't win any more from that category. This prevents extremely specialized teams from abusing just a couple categories to win. By far my best idea, especially if combined with the forth idea.
3. Whoever wins RP wins enough points to win the entire event, like a Golden Snitch. Huh, yea right.
4. Require participation in every category to be eligible for ANY points.

If I have more ideas I'll mention them.

Last edited by bronislav84; 04-22-2012 at 02:36 AM.