Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Kramped Offline

Default Can someone confirm if this is true or false?

The Pokemon coma theory, I know it's just a theory and all but it really is bugging me since im now watching the series fully, currently on Season 4 and it's kind of making me lose my childhood xD. Your opinions on this theory, and how can I forget it..Please help.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: Can someone confirm if this is true or false?

no...
the come theory cant be true
1) ash wasnt actually hit by the lightning, it was just pikachu using thundershock to prevent the sperrow from attacking ash
2) in a coma, all characters you see are based off people you knew in your life, ash dosnt have any relatives similar in appearance to team rocket, or countless other characters he has seen
3) also, all characters seems to give ash objective answers, in a coma, this inst the case, characters from a coma mostly gives random responses (but they do recognise your voice)
4) and why would the creators make a story about a 10 year old in a coma?

by the way, what if you are actually in a coma right now and you just dont know it
Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital
Default Re: Can someone confirm if this is true or false?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramped View Post
Your opinions on this theory, and how can I forget it..Please help.
I haven't heard about this theory however after reading about it, I think I get the idea.

Ash is supposedly in coma and everything is happening inside his head, beating the Orange League and capturing certain Pokemon.

Personally I agree with goldwhynaut, all the characters you see in a coma are based off people you knew in your life. Ash has met a lot of people, Team Rocket, Mewtwo, Mew loads of legendaries. So the theory seems false.

About trying to forget about it, try watching it and focus more on the battle or the plot, or you could play your DS while watching it (seemed to work for me). Occupy your mind with other things rather than this theory.

Spoiler: