Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon RPG's Anime-Style Battling League ASB: Battles Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default [WAR XI] Foxamivalth of AWESOME vs. 5TailedDemonLizard of Revolution Uprising.

Qualifying
Quote:
Battle: Single, 1 Pokemon each.
DQ: 24-hours.
Damage Caps: None.
Restrictions: No OHKOs (including Perish Song and Destiny Bond); three Chills.
Arena: Indigo Plateau: Grass.
A 50' by 50' square arena that is laid out like a grassy garden. Wild flowers bloom everywhere, adding color to the shaggy, uncut grasses. A little patch is mowed for each Trainer to stand on while they call orders to their Pokemon. In the center of the arena, a tall tree stands with vines drooping from its thick branches. Occasionally a berry will fall out of the tree, and any Pokemon can pick it up for a quick bit of healing. Grass-type moves will sometimes receive a slight boost.
Roll 1-100 for every Grass move used. If the roll is less than 30, the move's damage will be multiplied by 1.25. At the end of every turn, roll 1-100. If the roll is less than 30, an Oran berry will fall from the tree. It can be eaten, and it will give the Pokemon who eats it 10% HP.
Ref Style: Open.
5TailedDemonLizard will send her Pokemon.
Foxamivalth will send his Pokemon and moves.
5TailedDemonLizard will post her moves.
Someone will Ref.
etc.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 06-24-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:32 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Default Re: [WAR XI] Foxamivalth of AWESOME vs. 5TailedDemonLizard of Revolution Uprising.

Alright, let's get this party started! Go, Slowking!

[-] Slowking (Male)
Ability: Own Tempo

(Also, I think our genders got mixed up in the first post )

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Default Re: [WAR XI] Foxamivalth of AWESOME vs. 5TailedDemonLizard of Revolution Uprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
Also, I think our genders got mixed up in the first post
Sorry. ;~;
Old 06-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

My Pokemon is so no good at all: type disadvantage and ability isn't working. :/

Nidoking
Ability: Rivalry.

Let's start with Megahorn! For the second action, if the enemy is still standing on the field with no Substitute or copy of himself, use Drill Run. If the opponent is detect/protecting himself, then use Focus Energy instead. If there is a Substitute or copy of the enemy on the field, always use Earthquake to take them all down.

Megahorn/Focus Energy/Earthquake ~ Drill Run/Focus Energy/Earthquake

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 06-25-2012, 02:51 AM

Alright Slowking, start off with a Protect. I don't want to take my chances with that Megahorn. Then use Psychic to knock some sense (or not) into that Nidoking!

Protect ~ Psychic

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 06-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

It was a glorious day in the history of the ASBL. For the first time since anyone could remember - heck, perhaps ever - the Anime-Style Battling League was to play a part in the yearly, world-wide WAR. Everyone was excited, including the two battlers and referee who gathered together in the garden-like grass field.

Foxamivalth and Five-Tailed Demon Lizard were both experienced players in the game of ASBL, and they were both up to the challenge. Five-Tailed, grinning with confidence and eagerness, released the Pokemon she had been loaned for the duration of this opening battle. A Slowking appeared, resplendent in his jeweled, conch-shell crown and ruffled, red-and-white striped collar. The sight of the Royal Pokemon made Foxamivalth frown with disappointment, but he dutifully let out his own Pokemon: the roaring, brutal Poison-type Nidoking. The great, spike-covered violet beast tipped back its head and bellowed its strength to the world. Then it turned to inspect its opponent, its green-rimmed ears twitching. Slowking was looking at him lazily, as though he had already decided that Nidoking was not entirely worth his time. Nidoking grunted, noting grimly that both of Slowking's types offered the pink monarch a distinct advantage against his own typing. This was sure to be a tense fight.

Foxamivalth

[-] Nidoking (M)
Ability: Rivalry
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Megahorn/Focus Energy/Earthquake ~ Drill Run/Focus Energy/Earthquake

5TailedDemonLizard

[-] Slowking (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Protect ~ Psychic

Round One
Slowking eyed Nidoking mistrustfully. Due perhaps to its vast intellect, Slowking was given to caution even in the face of foes who naturally would fall to him more easily. His temporary Trainer seemed sympathetic to this; she ordered Slowking to use Protect, the final word when it came to defense. Slowking lifted his nubby pink hands, which glowed with a shining turquoise light. There was a second's pause, and then the light flashed out of Slowking's palms and into the air around him, creating a small glowing dome of bright teal energy around him. Nidoking looked at the barrier with distaste, knowing from the experience all Pokemon got as newbies that it was completely impenetrable to nearly every mundane attack.
[Protect: Slowking, -8% Energy]

However, Nidoking's Trainer had already come up with a plan in case this kind of thing happened. The order rang out and Nidoking followed it immediately. He planted his feet in the grass and closed his eyes, his mighty lungs taking in a long breath and forcing it out again. He concentrated on focusing his energy to all the points he would be using to attack Slowking: his horns, his fists. He imagined just how he would hit his foe, visualizing exactly where he could hit to deal the most damage to the dual-type, imagining his muscles acting out the movements. Slowking watched with mild trepidation as Nidoking's horns and hands began to glow with a faint blue aura. It was just absolutely perfect timing that his force field fell at that moment.
[Focus Energy: Nidoking, -3% Energy]

Nidoking's eyes snapped open and he let out a mighty roar. He leaped into the air, hurling his massive bulk heavenward before clapping his big claws together. His body began to spin, rotating at a frantically rapid pace. He fell back toward the earth, his spinning claws pointing right at Slowking. The Slowpoke evolution tried to run, but his fear rooted him to the spot. Nidoking's claws, still spinning like a drill, glanced off of his pink skin and opened up a very painful gash in his side. Nidoking then smote into the ground, uprooting all kinds of flowers and sending dirt clods flying in every direction. He then rose, plucking a snapdragon off of his horned head, and grinned cruelly at Slowking.
[Drill Run: Nidoking, -5% Energy; Slowking, -11% HP]

So, he wanted to be smug, eh? Slowking's face adopted a menacing frown. His eyes began to glow, flickering all colors of the rainbow. Before Nidoking's smirk could even disappear his body was glowing with a prismatic aura and he was floating ten feet in the air. Nidoking let out a roar that was as much protest at being suddenly flying as it was in stark terror. Slowking, however, was completely unsympathetic. He lifted a glowing hand and closed it into a fist, causing Nidoking intense mental pain. Then he began to throw Nidoking about, slamming his bulky body into the ground and the tree over and over until a faint headache started to build behind his wide eyes. Slowking then let Nidoking thud to the ground, crushing several flowers and berries on his way down. Nidoking staggered to his feet, pain and rage boiling through his blood.
[Psychic: Nidoking, -21% HP; Slowking, -8% Energy]

Foxamivalth

[-] Nidoking (M)
Health: 79%
Energy: 92%

5TailedDemonLizard

[-] Slowking (M)
Health: 89%
Energy: 84%

Ref Notes
Drill Run's Accuracy Roll was 14; 1-95 for hit.
Drill Run's Crit Roll was 77; 1-33 for Crit.
Psychic's Crit Roll was 22; 1-6.25 for Crit.
Psychic's Effect Roll was 21; 1-10 for SDEF drop.
There are a couple of berries on the ground, thanks to Nidoking being smacked into the tree.

5TailedDemonLizard, your moves please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 06-26-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

I have some questions:
1. Does consuming those berries require an action? Means if one chooses to eat the berry, it can't use any move?
2. Why does Nidoking's Rivalry not active? I was wrong when sending him out. xD

Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 AM

Alright Slowking, go ahead and use Zap Cannon. Once he's been Paralyzed, use another Psychic. If he uses Megahorn, use Protect. I don't want you fainting.

Zap Cannon ~ Psychic/Protect

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 06-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Hm.. Judging from the command the enemy gave, you can use MegaHorn the first action, Nidoking! So, use your MegaHorn and throw that Slowking far far away from you so that he can't aim the Zap Cannon well. :>
For the second action, use Shadow Claw.

MegaHorn ~ Shadow Claw

Old 06-26-2012, 03:36 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxamivalth View Post
I have some questions:
1. Does consuming those berries require an action? Means if one chooses to eat the berry, it can't use any move?
2. Why does Nidoking's Rivalry not active? I was wrong when sending him out. xD
1: Eating a berry takes an action, just like in the games.

2: It should be, because they're both males.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
1: Eating a berry takes an action, just like in the games.

2: It should be, because they're both males.
The second is because I thought Rivalry activated when the opponent was of opposite gender. I'll take care of that. Sorry, and sorry I missed your questions!

Old 06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Foxamivalth

[-] Nidoking (M)
Energy: 92%
Megahorn ~ Shadow Claw

5TailedDemonLizard

[-] Slowking (M)
Health: 90%
Energy: 84%
Zap Cannon ~ Psychic/Protect

Nidoking's head lowered slowly and ominously, his expressionless face giving little hint of the rage that boiled in his toxic blood. The single horn on his great purple head began to shine and shimmer, the tip of it pulsing with a faint green light. With a bellow that seemed deep enough to shake the earth, the great behemoth charged, his head lowered like a Rampardos on the attack. Slowking's eyes widened in horror, but like the daisies and berries that Nidoking's great feet were crushing, he could not move aside. His fear left him immobile; in seconds, Nidoking's horn slammed into him, sending him flying across the grass. His fall was broken by the soft vegetation, but that didn't lessen the pain in his chest. Slowking lifted a hand to the place where he had been hit and felt the wetness of blood. Great. He was getting sliced up like deli ham.
[Megahorn: Nidoking, -12% Energy; Slowking, -32% HP]

Slowly and stiffly, Slowking rose, his body hurting from the abuse. He heard his Trainer's order and looked at Nidoking incredulously, unable to believe the order he had been given. His Trainer wanted that? And he supposed he was to aim for the horn, yes? Muttering under his breath, Slowking lifted his hands, concentrating on summoning up the power of electricity - a power that did not come easily to him. He sent a sphere of compacted lightning flying at Nidoking, knowing full well that even if the attack hit, it would be futile. But from so far away, Slowking certainly had trouble aiming - especially with such an unweildy attack. The ball of lightning missed by over a foot, causing Nidoking to grin broadly.
[Zap Cannon: Slowking, -18% Energy]

Slowking's next orders left him even more irritated. All he heard was 'use Protect if' before his brain felt like it was going to explode. Stifling an angry snarl, he flopped down in the grass, refusing to move.
[Protect Penalty: Slowking, -8% Energy]

Nidoking was slightly confused at his opponent's immobility, but he wasn't going to let that kind of an opportunity slide. He lifted one of his hands, the short claws flickering with an ominous black-and-violet light. Nidoking ran right for Slowking, his claws lifted high. Seeing this, Slowking leaped to his feet and attempted to get out of the way; however, he had no time. By the time he was on his feet, Nidoking's harsh claws were slashing through his skin, sending him sprawling backward once more. Slowking groaned. He lay in the grass, his body throbbing, hoping to Arceus that his Trainer had the best plan in the world to get him out of this situation.
[Shadow Claw: Nidoking, -7% Energy; Slowking, -19% HP]

Foxamivalth

[-] Nidoking (M)
Energy: 73%

5TailedDemonLizard

[-] Slowking (M)
Health: 39%
Energy: 58%

Ref Notes
Megahorn's accuracy roll was 28; 1-85 for hit.
Megahorn's Crit roll was 10; 1-25 for Crit.
Zap Cannon's accuracy roll was 90; 1-50 for hit.
Night Slash's Crit roll was 29; 1-33.3 for Crit.
You know that Ground-types are impervious to electricity, yes?
The circumstances under which Protect can be used as a conditional are not extant at this time.

Foxamivalth, your moves please.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

* The first four opening battles will be two-Rounds each and the winner (if both sides are still able to battle) will be determined by which Pokemon's Health-Energy average is highest.
Foxamivalth's Nidoking: 73+79=152. 152/2=76.

5TailedDemonLizard's Slowking: 39+58=97. 97/2=48.5 -> 49.

Payment:
$18 to Velocity for Reffing two Rounds.
$20 to Foxamivalth for winning.
$10 to 5TailedDemonLizard for participating.

!!Cl0s3d.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 06-29-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Closed Thread