Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Decrosse Offline

Default [Comic] PKMN: The Guardians [G] (Oh, Look! An Update!)

NEWS
none yet

PLOT
Anna, who had got her first Pokemon, an Eevee named Sharla, a day before her brother Josh who played Digimon games. One day, Eevee Sharla is acting differently when strange things start happening in the Pokemon World, they soon get a message that all Legendary Pokemon are missing... Their journeys are only just beginning, what awaits them?

COMIC
l
inks to will go here

MAP
wip
Canon Regions Exist in this comic, see here: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...93-d34l81k.png and here http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upl...geon_World.png

BONUS
-to come-
Trigger for this comic idea? Well, having played Pokemon Games with the Shadow Pokemon, and looking at list of known Pokeballs, I had a thought. What if for some reason or other Snagger had no choice but to use a Dark Ball on a Shadow Pokemon? oops.
--------
Here's a Teaser Preview in the meanwhile:
Spoiler:

Here's Prelude Page:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Decrosse; 07-19-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Decrosse Offline

Default Re: [Comic] PKMN: The Guardians

Characters
Anna
Pokemon:
Eevee, Sharla. F.
-
-
-
-
-

Josh
Brother to Anna
Pokemon:
Charmander, MetalGrey. M.
Cubone, Que. M. - Gift from sis, Anna.
-
-
-
-

~~~more to come~~~

Sprite Credits
All sprites from TSR/Fonts in prelude here: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1507
Preview Teaser page sprites from Bulbapedia
Other credits to whomever (Terrain)
Sinnoh town/outdoor Sprites: Kyledove (Kymotonian), Speed (Speedialga)
GLITCH TEXT EFFECT: ZALGO TEXT GENERATOR
GLITCHINESS: GIMP!!!
Ghost Overworld Sprites: [url]http://Manik-Needlemouse.deviantart.com/art/MissingNo-Overworld-Sprites-205171659[/ur]

Items

Last edited by Decrosse; 07-19-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Decrosse Offline

Characters 2.0 (in otherwords kind of like Guest stars)

Form
Name:
Hairr/Eyes/Skin Color:
Outfit colors:
Class: Trainer, Ranger, Gym Leader, Rocket, Galatic, Plasma, Z, Coordinater, etc etc etc. E4/Champ is Reserved!
Personality:
Pokemon Type: (Meaning: Merge (half of one Pokemon attached to the half of Second Pokemon), Morph (2 or more Pokemon "fused" together, see avatar), Retype, or Digi-poke (copy this section for Digimon as well)

Digimon Type: (see above, and yes there can and will be "hybrids" between Poke- and Digi- mon.)?

POKEMON (No Legendaries/Rotom! "Splicemon are considered as 1 Pokemon)
-
-
-
-
-
-

DIGIMON (No God/Devil, if not sure ask and I'll look it up)
-
-
-
-
-
-

Last edited by Decrosse; 05-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Decrosse Offline

Glitchdex [Pokemon/Digimon]
Eggs
Gems/Evolution-items
something else...
Old 04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Decrosse Offline

Reserved because this comic will need the space...
Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Decrosse Offline

Reserved #2, and you can post!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: [Comic] PKMN: The Guardians [G]

I have no idea what's going on right now. XD

Your comics are fuzzy. Well, the prelude is. The sprites are not sized correctly, and I think there's some font cut off, because some of what they're saying doesn't make sense, or their sentences are missing words. Also, I noticed you took a chunk out of one bit to make room for more speech. You shouldn't have to do that. If there's not enough room for the right amount of speech, make sure you increase the comic squares' sizes because for the future.

The comic squares on the first "teaser" comic with the mew and Mewtwo (I had no idea what was going on; things seemed a bit too unclear, and the way the backgrounds kept changing randomly made no sense to me) are probably too big as well, as we don't need to see THAT much of the background/surrounding area.

I wonder what the eevee was hearing though. O: I will be interested to see where this goes. Keep it up. And if the comic was actually not fuzzy at all when you uploaded it, then make sure you're using a good image hosting site. If it's not working out, switch to another one. I use Imageshack, which seems to be the most reliable one.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Decrosse Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

I wonder what the eevee was hearing though. O: I will be interested to see where this goes. Keep it up. And if the comic was actually not fuzzy at all when you uploaded it, then make sure you're using a good image hosting site. If it's not working out, switch to another one. I use Imageshack, which seems to be the most reliable one.

~GS.
Teaser is Teaser for a reason... I use Photobucket, 'cause I've had imageshack before randomly delete an image I uploaded not long ago... same type issue with TinyPic, so far PB is doing best...
No worries, it'll get explained at some point in the comic itself. Didn't want to give too much away there so why backgrounds seem plain/simple...

I've not noticed any fuzzing, maybe it could just be like optical illusion?

as for text in prelude, apparently that font doesn't have Apostrophe's (just add an ' where it should be), I'll find a work around but that is the font more or less I plan to use.

as for speech bubbles/text boxes, well, I'm just guessing most of the time for size. Sometimes I'm not planning to have a lot of text but once get to that box after worked on it, don't really feel like cut-fix-paste/losing the li'l bit I've just typed...

As for Sprites, the currently used are all from TSR, just a hint: Glitch City-type comic...
I use them as-are, I don't resize them... So, you may see BW people overworld sprites along with HG/SS overworld sprites...

Last edited by Decrosse; 05-01-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I know...but I meant that it seemed kinds pointless 'cause I couldn't grasp what was going on. Dx And I don't mean that because it was only a small part, but because of how it was done. And okay... xD I guess I shouldn't judge it yet.

Optical illusion? xD No. I don't mean to sound all haughty, but I'm a sprite mod. I know what fuzz is. Photobucket has trouble uploading things - especially sprite pages, for I have had experience with this - the right size. When I first made a comic a few years ago, I used Photobucket and it blurred the image. I used Imageshack and it was perfect, and how I made it. o: And really? Imageshack has done that? =/ It's never done that to me. It's usually flawless. o:

...No, you should probably get a better font. o.o Is that a pokemon font? I have Emerald, Fire Red/Leaf Green and D/P fonts, and all are perfect and have apostrophes. XD The font you're using looks bigger than normal pokemon writing, but the rest of it does too...like you've resized it. *glares* XDD Haha. Seriously though, there is fuzz. And I can clearly see that the mewtwo in the second panel HAS been altered. You can see that some of the pixels are stretched. So you're either getting them from a dodgy place or you're resizing, even just a tad. And I can give you links to where I got my pokemon fonts. The one you have is probably dodgy. D:

I know, but in that case, try to make it bigger to allow for more room. :] The more space, the safer you'll be.

TSR...well that's reliable. I'm confused as to why it's blurry.

Anyway, good luck with this.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Decrosse Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
I used Imageshack and it was perfect, and how I made it. o: And really? Imageshack has done that? =/ It's never done that to me. It's usually flawless. o:

...No, you should probably get a better font. o.o Is that a pokemon font? I have Emerald, Fire Red/Leaf Green and D/P fonts, and all are perfect and have apostrophes. XD The font you're using looks bigger than normal pokemon writing, but the rest of it does too...like you've resized it. *glares* XDD Haha. Seriously though, there is fuzz. And I can clearly see that the mewtwo in the second panel HAS been altered. You can see that some of the pixels are stretched. So you're either getting them from a dodgy place or you're resizing, even just a tad. And I can give you links to where I got my pokemon fonts. The one you have is probably dodgy. D:

I know, but in that case, try to make it bigger to allow for more room. :] The more space, the safer you'll be.

TSR...well that's reliable. I'm confused as to why it's blurry.

Anyway, good luck with this.

~GS.
space-textbox guess is a work in progress for now, and yup pokemon font.
Here, it's the top one used in comic:

If you've version with missing symbols like that Apostrophe I'd like to try it out...

maybe the whole page had been resized slightly as I found it a wee bit too small., but the individual sprites when making the page itself are uneditted size-wise. its only afterwards...

maybe the fuzziness might be from something GIMP did during saving? If it helps I could screenshot show how I make panels? (and I'm not a perfectionist with comic things)
Old 05-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

'Kay.

I see, well the first one is positively derped. xD Here's what all my fonts look like (at varying sizes so I didn't have a blurry image):

Spoiler:

(It's four fonts in one picture, and it rotates every three seconds. xD) Emerald "FireLeaf," DP and R/S (evidently not in that order).

I'll see (not right now, but soon) if I have the original files I downloaded. If I do, I can upload them somewhere and send them to you if I can't find them online (I don't remember where I downloaded them...it was years and years ago xD).

Well if you resized it after, then that's still resizing, right? And you shouldn't resize just because it's "too small." They're sprites, and meant to be small, and people know that. So it's okay. xD They blur and lose quality if they're enlarged, unless enlarged to double their size and not a percentage off (which is easy, but unnecessary and people would rather view small sprites). Take a look at Blue Bondage or Jentoh Adventures for examples. :]

Yeah, that could be it. But based on previous experience, I'd be willing to bet that Photobucket is doing it if you aren't. (Ahh, haha, I am a perfectionist, see. xD)

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

I finally got around to checking this out, and I have a few things I noticed. I'll start with the positive things and go from there.

>Your plot: I'm very pleased to see that it's not a "This is X. X is a pokemon trainer. He's going to go through the Emerald version campaign without ANY difference to story whatsoever and you'll probably stop reading this around Petalburg City, but this is X and I hope you enjoy his story."

The plot seems very interesting, and I do look forward to seeing what you make of this.

>Your sprites: I like how you merged the gen4 home with the gen5 trainer sprites. It seems to fit nicely.

>The Unown text: I'm not 100% sure why, but the Unown text at the end of the prelude was nice. I liked it. (Might seem a bit silly XD)

>How you used the Mews: I liked the creative usage of the Mew and Mewtwo sprites in the teaser. It gave you more to work with than just the overworld sprites.

Now unfortunately, comes the not-so-positive things.

>The blur: This was addressed by Graceful Suicune

>The effects in the teaser: Some of the effects leak over into other panels. I know it was just the teaser, but that kind of thing could make it or break it for you.

>The resized Mewtwo sprite: This was already addressed and by no means should ever happen again. There is a specific way to resize a sprite, but like Grace said, we'd rather see the regular sized sprites.

>That text box in the bottom row in the middle: You should make your text boxes a bit bigger to hold the larger groupings of text. It'll also make the comics look neater.

I do want to see where this goes, so keep it up! :D
Old 05-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Decrosse Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
I finally got around to checking this out, and I have a few things I noticed. I'll start with the positive things and go from there.

>Your plot: I'm very pleased to see that it's not a "This is X. X is a pokemon trainer. He's going to go through the Emerald version campaign without ANY difference to story whatsoever and you'll probably stop reading this around Petalburg City, but this is X and I hope you enjoy his story."

The plot seems very interesting, and I do look forward to seeing what you make of this.

>Your sprites: I like how you merged the gen4 home with the gen5 trainer sprites. It seems to fit nicely.

>The Unown text: I'm not 100% sure why, but the Unown text at the end of the prelude was nice. I liked it. (Might seem a bit silly XD)

>How you used the Mews: I liked the creative usage of the Mew and Mewtwo sprites in the teaser. It gave you more to work with than just the overworld sprites.

Now unfortunately, comes the not-so-positive things.

>The blur: This was addressed by Graceful Suicune

>The effects in the teaser: Some of the effects leak over into other panels. I know it was just the teaser, but that kind of thing could make it or break it for you.

>The resized Mewtwo sprite: This was already addressed and by no means should ever happen again. There is a specific way to resize a sprite, but like Grace said, we'd rather see the regular sized sprites.

>That text box in the bottom row in the middle: You should make your text boxes a bit bigger to hold the larger groupings of text. It'll also make the comics look neater.

I do want to see where this goes, so keep it up! :D
@Unown text, I liked it too. It just fit. Plus Unown will have a role...

my first Real Sprite comic, so things may be slightly off to begin with... not sure I can do anything about the blurring... I may post in your thread soon.
@ Graceful_Suicune, yes I've looked at that Blue Bondage... aside from a bit of trouble reading the text its good. which was my problem with prelude on actual size... anyways outdoors/caves areas should do better/fine not needing a resize. BTW updated credits section.

ugh just need terrain that isn't a tile square one at a time... I had something but can't find it at the moment... for now I can improvise...

@ sprites like mewtwo
I have not rezided the teaser page, Bulbapedia.

more or less the actual used mewtwo sprites.

@plot: Can thank mostly Pokemon Coloseum, XD Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs, & Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness for the idea...

not a page, but something I made quite awhile ago for this comic itself...
Spoiler:

All help info is appreciated
Old 05-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Decrosse Offline

Ouch, GIMP crash during SAVING a comic page... Luckily didn't really lose much.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Decrosse Offline

Sorry for the delay, here is page 2!

Spoiler:

more strangeness still to come! (there's no move limit like in the games where you can have only 4 at a time. no hm/tms, they can learn those naturally.)