Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Decrosse Offline

Default Yellow: Spearow

So, in Yellow I apparently have a Spearow that is different color to my other Spearows. Playing on a GameBoy Color, and Pokemon Stadium also "sees" the color difference. I had same in my previous file but restarted (didn't check my boxes fully)...

What do you think?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Yellow: Spearow

That's interesting... It is possible for Pokemon caught in Red, Blue and Yellow to be Shiny, but it's only visible once you trade the Pokemon to Gold/Silver and subsequent games.

Are you sure it's really different to other Spearow in Yellow? Some of the sprites in Red, Blue and Yellow are oddly coloured anyway, but they should still be the same for Pokemon of the same species. Anyway if you're sure it's different then I don't know what to tell you haha. If you have Gold, Silver or Crystal, you could try trading it to one of them and seeing if it's actually Shiny?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Decrosse Offline

can't get good pics at tthe moment of yellow game spearows but i did get Stadium pics of the gus(s)/girls whatever they be.

Spoiler:

(big pic)

Interesting thing is, even yellow Spearow's sprite shading is different to other spearows...
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Pokemon in Stadium can have a different colour without being Shiny, though. You can change the Pokemon's colour by giving it a different nickname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.pojo.com/videogames/Stadium/tips.html
Alternate Pokémon Colors
Some of the Pokémon that appear in Pokémon Stadium have different colors.
The secret to the color variations lie in the names you give your Pokémon as
well as your trainer ID number (assigned to you in Pokémon Blue, Red or
Yellow, whenever you start a new game). Well there are a few secret names
that change certain Pokémons’ color. These are a few naming tricks that
result in different color variations:
· The whole name is lower caps (i.e.: poliwhirl)
· Reverse the order of the syllables (i.e.: DRILLBEE)
· Abridge the names (i.e.: Pika)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
In Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2, Pokémon with a nickname can be colored slightly differently, whether or not they are actually Shiny.
It's a pretty cool little add on. But I didn't think it also happened in the Gameboy games. Especially as they weren't made for Gameboy Color. But if you've noticed it in Yellow, that's pretty cool.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:02 AM
Decrosse Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Pokemon in Stadium can have a different colour without being Shiny, though. You can change the Pokemon's colour by giving it a different nickname.

It's a pretty cool little add on. But I didn't think it also happened in the Gameboy games. Especially as they weren't made for Gameboy Color. But if you've noticed it in Yellow, that's pretty cool.
It was different color before I caught it - caught a regular one first then this one showed up caught it too.
those 2 spearows in stadium are actually directly from my Yellow...
Only "odd" thing with my Yellow and Stadium is that sometimes it needs help from Red before it'll work right.
If I can get GB Tower to work with Yellow, well... It gets past surfing pika intro to a running pikachu before it errors that transfer pak isnt set right yet i put in Red to test n it loaded up just fine.

If it matters (for yellow pkmn), first game used default name ASH, but now its PIKA
This dif spearow seems to crit a bit more often, its also my original Yellow I had lost which somehow remained untouched, got it back via Ebay. Just lucky. I shall be keeping at eye out for any other 'mons that are different in yellow/blue/red etc..

EDIT: no cheat device things for GB, so cant be that...