Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM
BattleTower Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Default Choosing Pokemon for Battle Tower Team.

Okay, so over the last few years of playing Pokemon Emerald on and off, I've decided I'm finally going to get to a 100 win streak in the Battle Tower.
I've EV trained a large amount of Pokemon over the past few years, and I wanted to know which ones could make a reliable team. Feel free to add new Pokemon to the list, changing movesets on existing ones and adding holdable items:

1. Heracross
Adamant EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

2. Starmie
Modest EV's: 4 HP/ 252 S.Att/ 252 Spe
-Surf
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

3. Blissey
Bold EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 S.Def
-Refresh (Emerald version doesn't have Roselia to breed with for Aromatherapy)
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Minimize

4. Metagross
Adamant EV's: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
-Aerial Ace
-Explosion
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash

5. Latios
Serious EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Ice Beam

6. Slaking
Adamant EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Hyper Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Earthquake
-Return

7. Swampert
Brave EV's: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
-Surf
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam

8. Aerodactyl
Jolly EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Double Edge
-Aerial Ace

9. Tyranitar
Adamant EV's: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spe
-Aerial Ace
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

10. Salamence
Adamant EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

11. Milotic
Bold EV's: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpA
-Surf
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Toxic

12. Dragonite
Timid EV's: 4 HP / 252 S.Att / 252 Spe
-Slam
-Outrage
-Thunder
-Fire Blast

13. Blaziken
Adamant EV's: 80 HP / 232 Atk / 196 Spe
-Sky Uppercut
-Rock Slide
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake


Those are probably the ones worth mentioning. Please tell me which would make a reliable team. I don't mind adding a new Pokemon, changing movesets and EV training all over again.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Master Rayquaza's Avatar
Master Rayquaza Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sky Pillar
Posts: 60
Default Re: Choosing Pokemon for Battle Tower Team.

You Ev-trained all these already? You must really have some dedication sir.
I have a small question BattleTower, do you plan on doing Singles or Doubles? I'm going to assume you are doing Singles.
Aerodactyl is a good choice for a standard Physical Sweeper. I would recommend leaving it as it is and attaching a Choice Band.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Aerial Ace

Alakazam is an interesting choice that I would recommend raising. I just don't know what I would put on it.

Alakazam (M) @ Focus Band
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Psychic

In the final slot I would then recommend either a mixed sweeper or someone that could stall with toxic. Such as Blissey.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Minimize

Hoped this helped.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM
BattleTower Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Choosing Pokemon for Battle Tower Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Rayquaza View Post
You Ev-trained all these already? You must really have some dedication sir.
I have a small question BattleTower, do you plan on doing Singles or Doubles? I'm going to assume you are doing Singles.
Aerodactyl is a good choice for a standard Physical Sweeper. I would recommend leaving it as it is and attaching a Choice Band.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Aerial Ace

Alakazam is an interesting choice that I would recommend raising. I just don't know what I would put on it.

Alakazam (M) @ Focus Band
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Psychic

In the final slot I would then recommend either a mixed sweeper or someone that could stall with toxic. Such as Blissey.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Minimize

Hoped this helped.
First of all, many thanks for your advice :)
Do you think Snorlax (Cureslax) would be a better team member than Blissey?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Master Rayquaza's Avatar
Master Rayquaza Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sky Pillar
Posts: 60
Default Re: Choosing Pokemon for Battle Tower Team.

Quote:
Do you think Snorlax (Cureslax) would be a better team member than Blissey?
Yes it is a better team member. (The game goes rather slow so having a 200 Turn battle with Blissey is not favorable.)
Good Luck with your win streak.
(I still don't know which item I would place on Alakazam as the Focus Band was merely a placeholder.)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
BattleTower Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Choosing Pokemon for Battle Tower Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Rayquaza View Post
Yes it is a better team member. (The game goes rather slow so having a 200 Turn battle with Blissey is not favorable.)
Good Luck with your win streak.
(I still don't know which item I would place on Alakazam as the Focus Band was merely a placeholder.)
Lum Berry could be a nice addition to Synchronize, don't you think?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Master Rayquaza's Avatar
Master Rayquaza Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sky Pillar
Posts: 60
Default Re: Choosing Pokemon for Battle Tower Team.

It could be a nice addition. Remember Alakazam is rather frail so don't spam Calm Mind unless you have an opening.

Last edited by Master Rayquaza; 01-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com