Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Default Ok, just wtf, W.T.F

So I got a private message today. My first thoughts were "conversation, yay!".
Because I have noticed that recently this forum has been dead for like.. 3 days at a time. No, instead I get this completely unnecessary, preposterous and time-consuming horse crap.

Quote:
You have received a warning at Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000
Dear Machampion,

You have received a warning at Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000.

Reason:
-------
Could not find phrase 'infractionlevel6_title'.

I've given this formal warning because this is the second time we've seen you necro a thread. For future reference, please avoiding posting in threads in which the last post was greater than 30 days ago
-------

Original Post:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru....php?p=3384202
Quote:
I think IT ENDED. :P
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000
Ok, so that was by WebMaster and if you clicked the link GrassyAggron got his pants in a knot too.

Let me just say that necroing in a forum should be in no way, shape or form a bannable thing. In fact, necroing is what gave birth to Pokemon. It SHOULD be encouraged, because if it weren't for people who necro this forum wouldn't exist, or it would at least advocate something different.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru
Default Re: Ok, just wtf, W.T.F

You have to follow the rules. It specifically states in the rules: "7. No reviving old threads. Ask a Moderator first before posting in an old thread.

You can only reply to threads that have had a recent reply in the past 30 days (1 month). So for example, if a thread was created on January 1, 2006, and the last reply on the thread was made on January 25, 2006... then if a person replies again on February 20, 2006, that is NOT considered reviving an old thread, because you still have 30 days to respond to the last post of a thread."

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 05-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

First off, dear, I am a girl. There is also an underscore between "Grassy" and "Aggron". But for simplicity's sake, just call me Grassy.

Also, this should have been reported to a Global Moderator, rather than posted here. PMs - Private Messages - are exactly that. Private. Posting it here blurted it out to the whole forum...Although it does serve as a good example.

You are not banned. A warning is different from an infraction - an infraction is what leads to banning. A warning is, well, a warning. Like with police officers - they give you a warning or a ticket, you know?

You were given a warning because you did it twice. We did not give it to you the first time (we aren't THAT mean). As Kaoru stated, it is in the rules.

WebMaster's actions were justified. Rules are rules - you might not like them, but they have to be followed, as Kaoru stated.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

...ok.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Hi Machampion, you were just given a warning. It doesn't mean you're going to be banned, it's just to remind you of the forum's rules. If you have a problem with any warnings you have received, please contact a GMod in future instead of posting here.

This warning was just to remind you that you shouldn't post in threads more than 30 days old. If you have a problem with the actual rule and think it should be changed, you can make a thread about it to discuss it, which would be fine. But if you wish to contest a warning you should contact a GMod directly. If you have any further issues with this situation, you can contact me, so I'm going to lock this thread.

Closed Thread