Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 06-23-2012, 04:14 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

((OoC: I really wanted to wait for Eternal Moonlight or Kamikaze to post, but I think that I really need to post this before they do. After this I will wait a couple posts before responding again.))

Agana Lilith
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Brainiac (Corbin); Kamikaze (Darios)
Before Amber had the chance to answer her question, Agana notice Corbin turning the corner from the hall that lead to the upstairs rooms. She was surprised that it had already been three hours, but it was also possible he came down early. She wasn't really keeping track of the time when working the bar. It didn't take long for the other mage to spot their group near the bar and walk up to them. He also seemed to notice the empty table next to them since she and the other two were still standing.

"Mind if I sit down?" Corbin asked, but didn't seem to wait for an answer before taking an empty seat. Agana did not like the feeling she was now getting. "I have a bit of a confession to make. I’m a Mage, and that is probably the least remarkable thing about my life at the moment. On top of that, I am something of a novelty for being chosen by one of the Sacred Beasts to help guide the world through the terrible conflicts it now faces."

Agana's eyes widened. She quickly looked over all the customers in her bar, and she saw something she did not want to see. There were knights not far away. And by how they were acting she could tell they were still sober. Another group of knights were also present, but the second had more to drink so were a little drunk. But still, this was not a conversation she wanted to have out in the public area of the tavern. But before she could voice this, the Guardian mage continued.

"Agana, I know you are a Mage, and I have my suspicions about the two of you as well. I have been tasked by Feng-Huang with motivating the Mages to prepare for the struggles Drakon will bring. I am to see that we become a free nation before the closing of the games."

Again the older mage was getting a bad feeling. Not only had she not heard of a Sacred Beast actively trying to get its Guardian to do something like this, but also it seems like the word "mage" was being said too much. She noticed that the group of sober knights were now looking at her group through the corner of their eyes. Luckily the charms, runes, and talismans she had throughout the tavern were able to cancel out the ones the knights used to track mages, but that did not mean that it was safe to admit to being a magic user or talk about them in Guard's presence. Also with the idea of freeing the mages by the end of the games was an unrealistic goal. Even with a Guardian leading them, it would not happen. Agana had lived too many lifetimes to know that an idea like that would not be able to be completed within a couple weeks, or even month, but most likely take years.

"We have a perfect opportunity now, with the games taking place, to make this happen without dramatic loss of life, if we do things right. We were given these abilities for a purpose, and that purpose most certainly wasn’t to hide from the Monarchy while humanity is subjugated to the whims of a single jealous God. We need to stand up, to unite while we still have a chance. If we don’t, this world will lose its chance." That was something Agana could agree with, at least. "This is dangerous, difficult material to consider. I would not think less of any of you if you decided the risks were too great. But I know that, together, we can do this." A moments pause to let everything sink in. "So, who’s in?"

Agana looked at the sober knights again. Luckily she recognized one, and she seemed to send her comrades away after they helped get the drunken ones out. For this the redheaded woman was grateful, but noticed the silver haired female knight remained at the table. She knew that the armored woman could hear the conversation even if the others did not. Ignoring the blue gaze from the corner of the other woman's eye for now, she turned back to Corbin with a crimson glare. She placed her hands on the table surface and leaned over it, as if giving herself another moment to think carefully of her next words.

"You are lucky right now," she said in a low voice, making sure that no one other than the knight at the next table heard. Not much she could do about the other woman overhearing anyway. "With that kind of talk in here, you wouldn't be the only one in trouble. I have a reputation, and you could have easily closed me down and got me arrested. If you wanted to talk about this, you should have said you wanted to talk in private. I do have a conference room we could have used. Next time, think carefully before you talk about plans like that in my business."

As she spoke she felt her canines lengthen. It was the vampire blood in her. When she was angered her canines tended to turn into fangs, even if she no longer fed on blood. Her voice also got a little deeper. This was a side she rarely showed. She rarely needed it. But this threatened the image she made for herself. This could have ruined her business. It took her years to get where she is, to be able to hide her magic even with knights having the tracking charms. She could manipulate magic in the presence of one now an the rune would not alert to her powers. It wasn't unknown that she had sympathy for the mages, but if the monarchy found out that she was not only one but aided them in escaping and hiding, everything would be ruined. She could just not have that.

With a heavy sigh she took a step back from the table and went back to the bar without another word. She was complete business now, no longer having the friendly and flirty aura around her. She stepped behind the bar and poured a shot of the hardest liquor this tavern had. It might not actually affect her thanks to her race, but at least it would calm her down. It was after the shot did she notice the knight approaching. Still in complete armor, this woman demanded respect without even saying a word. And Agana knew that she deserved it.

"Captain," she greeted, knowing that this woman was none other than a Captain of the Monarch's Guard.
((OoC: Yay for more NPCs and a cliffy! And Agana got promoted to PC so she's no longer a NPC, just so y'all know. And I promise to introduce Taro in to my next post. I can only guess that some of you have been waiting for one of our main antagonists to make his appearance.))
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-23-2012, 05:59 AM
Brainiac's Avatar
Brainiac Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I live in my imaginary imagination!
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Suhail
Lakeshire
RPers involved:
None (yet)

Mistress Rose, you must come. You are not safe here.

The girl seemed dazed. She was small, only 8, and after a few seconds Suhail gathered her up in his right arm, leaving his left free to hold the bloody sword. The chair had only gotten him through the first dozen men, and he had been forced to use a sword in order to keep any kind of speed. He could have just used his hands, but incapacitating people that way took far too long, he would have had to kill indiscriminately in order to maintain pace without a weapon, and he wouldn’t do that.

He hurried through the halls, making it clear to the front door before meeting anyone able to stand. A guard walked in just as they were about to reach the door.

He instantly settled into Wind Stance – It would be most effective while wielding the blade with only one hand. He couldn’t set the girl down, the guard was too close for her to properly avoid the danger he presented.

The man gave a shout and drew his own sword hurriedly as he saw Suhail holding Rose. Suhail was already attacking, tears streaming down his face as he removed the man’s sword-arm with a quick upward arc of the blade, then slamming his temple with the hilt. He collapsed, blood gushing from the arm. He would die of blood loss in minutes if he didn’t get help.

Suhail ran out the door into the waiting street where a small group of guards had begun to form. The three Suhail had incapacitated very first were still on the ground. They hadn’t yet awakened. There were seven total.

Please,” Suhail begged through his tears. “Please don’t try to stop me. I don’t want to hurt anyone else.

The only answer was the rasp of steel as seven blades were drawn from their scabbards.

Again Suhail thought of using the Soul Blade. He could incapacitate these men in moments by simply killing their legs or arms. A Soul Blade could slice through a limb without killing someone, but the limb itself would die as completely as though it had been severed at the hip or shoulder. They wouldn’t bleed, so they would survive. There would be too many questions.

He set Rose on her feet and stepped in front of her, his body tingling as he allowed himself to feel his Force Magic, to breathe in the knowledge of the energy contained in motion all around him. He could use it to keep an eye on the child while he fought, to make sure she was still safe.

He raised the blade above his head and stood in Stone Crusher stance. It was much more effective at battling a large number of foes wearing armor. They rushed him with a coordination born of discipline and practice. He swung at the first man coming, shifting the blade at the last moment to avoid intercepting the man’s own sword, instead bringing the blade smashing into his left ankle. The man dropped to the side, tripping another on his left in the process.

Without slowing his motion, he sprang through the gap in their advance the fallen man had left, stabbing downward into the thigh of the second fallen man as he did so. Neither of them would be able to give chase. Sword high, he turned to the right at the next closest man.

He had been quickest to turn around after Suhail had moved behind his assailants. Another downward swing smashed the mans sword hand with the flat of the blade while Suhail’s motion pulled him into a roll after slamming the hilt of his sword into the man’s right foot.

A slice took off another man’s leg at the knee while Suhail stood out of the roll. Suhail snatched that man’s sword right out of the air as he dropped it to grab his leg, then Suhail turned to the three remaining men. He moved into Mantis stance, holding the two blades before him pointing downwards as though his wrists were the joints of a pair of pincers.

He stabbed one man through the arm and gut simultaneously, then turned and launched his pair of swords through the air at the two remaining men. Both were impaled in their right thighs, and as they fell to the ground Suhail leapt forward and stabbed the blades completely through their legs and into the ground, pinning them there like insects on a board.

He grabbed the sword of one of the fallen as he hurried over to Rose. The battle had lasted barely more than a minute. The trails of tears rolling down his face had gotten filled with dirt as he rolled across the ground, and he looked more grief-stricken than ever. Rose was numb with shock, and she almost tried to run before he picked her up. She buried her head into his shoulder and began sobbing as he raced off towards her home, her face hidden behind a curtain of midnight colored hair.

Minutes later, he halted in front of the home of his Master, hurrying up to the door and shouldering his way inside. Master Thaylen and his wife were in the front room, and Rose let out another sob as he placed her on the ground and she rushed over to her mother’s open arms.

Master Thaylen looked him over, taking in the blood, the dirt, the sword, and the tears. His face paled in realization of what had just happened.

Master," Suhail began, "you can no longer stay here. It is not safe. You must leave the city.

“How many were there Suhail?” His voice was a hoarse whisper.

Too many. I have done a terrible thing Master, but we must leave. It will all be for nothing if you do not leave!

Suhail was still crying, his tears had washed a line through the dirt on his face as he had run Rose back to his Master.

Oh, I am a monster.” Suhail whispered as he sunk to his knees. There had been thirty-two men. Five were dead already, he knew. Half of the remaining would be lame for life if they survived. If they stayed any longer, Suhail knew there would be even more.

Please, Master. We must leave, before there is more fighting. Too many have lost their lives already for this thing.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Kamikaze's Avatar
Kamikaze Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 239
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
North of Easthaven
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine


"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane,
though laughter is far from enough to keep insanity at bay."

"I do. He is not merely a pet, He's my friend, companion, partner, and most importantly family." Menora said with a smile.

"Probably because you two grew up together after Father gave Nero to you." The blond woman commented.

"Now then, I believe it's time Sweetness and I introduce ourselves," The scythe-wielder spoke up, before Menora could reply. "I'm Celestine Dearies. Pleased to meet you."

"My name is Mellony," said the blonde, then added, "I'm Menora's Sister."

"Pleased to meet you." Aldur replied, looking at each of them in turn, before turning his gaze back at Menora and her wolf.

"Are you two heading in any certain direction?" Menora asked, after introductions were properly out of the way. "We're headed to Skyspire to meet up with someone, and on my and Nero's part, to take part in the Games. If you are heading that way, we can travel together."

"Well well, how about that for a coincidence?" Aldur replied, though his wry smile proved how little he believed it a coincidence, this time however, he didn't even bother asking his beast. "We're headed there as well, and I see no reason why we can't travel together. Perhaps you can fill me in on this whole thing about being a Guardian, Aniu seems to be amused by telling me things way after I need to know them, why not make use of this lucky encounter?" The last comment was so saturated with sarcasm that Ailith burst out laughing behind him.

"You find this amusing?" He asked Aniu, while giving Ailith a quick glance.

"Yes." Came a unanimous reply from both, after which the Ailith, having calmed down momentarily, let out another laughter, which almost made her fall over.

Aldur only shook his head, let out a sigh, and wondered if the three women knew what had transpired, or if they just stood there, staring at a pair of lunatics. Then, for the first time, and probably not the last, he muttered those futile words. "Why me?"

--------------------

Darios
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
RPers involved: Kamikaze, Eternal Moonlight(Amber Greenwood), CM(Agana Lilith), Brainiac(Corbin Smythe)


"What difference one tiny word can make, if spoken to the wrong person."

Right after he had spoken, he noticed Agana heading towards his table, and before
"Darios, you do realize how that sounds, don't you?" Agana teased, while handing him his drink. "I have many friends, dear. And you know how my close companions would take what you said and take it out of context."
You take it out of context well enough on your own." Darios thought, but before he could reply she had already turned towards the other woman.
"Is there anything I can get for you, deary?" She said, as Darios noticed the man that had accompanied them earlier make his way towards the table.

“Mind if I sit down?” he asked as he took a seat, making his question reduntant.
After looking at all of them, he said “I have a bit of a confession to make. I’m a Mage, and that is probably the least remarkable thing about my life at the moment. On top of that, I am something of a novelty for being chosen by one of the Sacred Beasts to help guide the world through the terrible conflicts it now faces."

Agana looked startled, for good reason, and as she looked around in the room Darios followed her gaze, not liking what he saw, knights, and a lot of them.

The man continued, seemingly oblivious of the danger that he was getting them into. “Agana, I know you are a Mage, and I have my suspicions about the two of you as well. I have been tasked by Feng-Huang with motivating the Mages to prepare for the struggles Drakon will bring. I am to see that we become a free nation before the closing of the games.”

With the knights now looking at them, Darios contemplated what would bring the most attention to them, the man continuing, or he hitting this talkative lunatic over the head hard enough for him to fall unconscious. He didn't have time to make up his mind before the choice was made for him however.

“We have a perfect opportunity now, with the games taking place, to make this happen without dramatic loss of life, if we do things right. We were given these abilities for a purpose, and that purpose most certainly wasn’t to hide from the Monarchy while humanity is subjugated to the whims of a single jealous God. We need to stand up, to unite while we still have a chance. If we don’t, this world will lose its chance."

By now, every inch of his being was shaking, and it took all of his self-control not to strike the fool down on the spot. Starting an uprising, regardless of how few the casualties, was fundamentally against his own beliefs, and regardless of how successful the revolt would be, there would be war that followed, and what a war it would be.

"This is dangerous, difficult material to consider. I would not think less of any of you if you decided the risks were too great. But I know that, together, we can do this." The man continued, and for a moment Darios wondered if he was drunk, or if he always so casually blurted out these things in a room full of prying eyes, and ears.

"So, who’s in?” He concluded, finally going quiet.

Darios could see Agana say something to the man, in low whisper, and when she was done, she looked so furious that he almost thought she was going to rip his head off there and then, and he felt that he would gladly have helped to hold him still while she did so. Instead, she took a step back, then headed for the bar and poured herself a drink.

By now, the only people in the room were the four mages, and one of the knights who had stayed behind, sadly she didn't look to be one of the drunken ones. As she was approaching the bar, and Agana, Darios turned towards the woman whom he had spoken to earlier.

"I'm sorry if you misunderstood my comment earlier, I was merely trying to be polite. It might be best to head back to your room, before things here turn ugly. " Darios rose from his seat, bowed slightly towards the woman, then he turned his gaze, now burning with flames so intense that they could scare even the most veteran warrior. "You...If you ever pull a stunt like this again, and put me or my friends in harms way, I will see to it that your head is no longer attached to the rest of your body." He put his hands on his two scimitars that still hung at his belt. "I would advise you to get out of my sight, quickly, and if anything happens to Agana, you'd better be out of the city within the hour, because I will hunt you to the ends of this world and beyond if that is what it takes to end your life."

With those last words, Darios turned away before the man could reply, and though he wasn't proud of his little speech, he was closer to snapping in this very moment than he had been for almost a century, and an enraged Darios with his blades in a flurry and the air around him sparking of magic was no pretty sight to behold. Instead, he carefully eyed the remaining knight as Agana greeted her, and realized that he would rather not fight this knight, the captain no less. There was an aura of authority and absolute respect hanging around her, and as he stood a respectable distance away, though close enough to eavesdrop, he firmly held the handles of his still sheathed scimitars, dreading the need to utilize them. Suddenly he realized that she had sent all the other knights away. Did she plan to handle this herself, or had she sent them for more backup? As these thoughts crossed his mind, he remembered the little girl that had been with them earlier that day. Where was she now, was she still in the building? While the thought strengthened his resolve it did little to soothe the feeling that there would be combat before anyone would leave the room. But for now, all he could do was wait, as he had so many times before.

((OoC: Sorry about not posting earlier, I was going to last night, but since I was away all day, I was tired when I got home. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out though.))
__________________

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Brainiac's Avatar
Brainiac Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I live in my imaginary imagination!
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Corbin
Skyspire - Agana's Inn
RPers involved:
CM (Agana); Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Kamikaze (Darios)

As Corbin appeared to be waiting for a response, he was actually planning his next move.

<I wasn’t ready for them; I’m not sure how to handle them.>

<Right now Agana is the important one. We were prepared for her reaction at least.>

Corbin didn’t really like pushing people’s buttons this way. It wasn’t his style.

<Often things in our lives must come to an end before improvement can begin. You can no longer indulge your desire to remain comfortably anonymous.>

His mind was brought back to the present as Agana leaned forward, hands on the table and rage slowly consuming her features.

"You are lucky right now," she said in a low voice. She obviously didn’t like that the Knights in the room, particularly the imposing woman with silver hair, were likely able to hear every word he had said. How much more upset would she be if she knew that he had done so intentionally?

<Feng, I really don’t like this.>

<Nobody should,> was the only reply.

Agana continued hissing at him, and as she spoke, her teeth were visibly growing into fangs. She must be a Vampire, he realized; it made sense.

"With that kind of talk in here, you wouldn't be the only one in trouble. I have a reputation, and you could have easily closed me down and got me arrested. If you wanted to talk about this, you should have said you wanted to talk in private. I do have a conference room we could have used. Next time, think carefully before you talk about plans like that in my business."

She stalked away to the bar, poured herself a drink, and stopped right by the note he had discreetly placed using his kinetic channeling as he had walked across the room.

It read: “The way you feel right now, the rage, the fear, the danger; nobody should have to feel like that for refusing to hide who they are. That’s what this is about.”

He turned his attention away from Agana. Either his efforts would breach her reservations or they would not. He could do nothing else constructive there for the moment. The other two needed his attention right now.

The big man, Corbin still didn’t know his name yet, was actually shaking with barely controlled rage. Corbin was genuinely surprised that he hadn’t already been assaulted by the man with how upset he appeared.

However, he impressively kept control, turned to Amber and said "I'm sorry if you misunderstood my comment earlier, I was merely trying to be polite. It might be best to head back to your room, before things here turn ugly."

He rose from his seat, bowed slightly towards Amber, then turned back to me.

"You...If you ever pull a stunt like this again, and put me or my friends in harms way, I will see to it that your head is no longer attached to the rest of your body."

His hands lowered to rest on a pair of scimitars at his belt as if to verify the threat.

"I would advise you to get out of my sight, quickly, and if anything happens to Agana, you'd better be out of the city within the hour, because I will hunt you to the ends of this world and beyond if that is what it takes to end your life."

<Do you think that perhaps our plan was a bit too effective?>

Corbin nodded to the stranger in solemn acknowledgement of his accusations. He would have killed every knight in the room if he thought it would have made any difference. He would not allow others to suffer for his rashness though; if it came to trouble, he would do whatever it took.

He pulled a little bit of extra hearing from his reserves so that he would be easily able to hear whatever conversation might take place between that Knight and Agana, once again marveling at the strange twist of fate that made channeling operate outside the normal realms of magic. He was effectively invisible to any runes and talismans he had ever encountered if he avoided touching his mana. He could even channel around a rune of blocking if he were captured. He wished again that more were as fortunate as he. Then he turned to Amber, who seemed more tired than anything, and waited to see how she would react. He had already exercised enough haste for the evening, now it was time for a little patience.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Winter's Avatar
Winter Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Banora, munchin' on dumbapples...
Posts: 4,527
Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Anya
Southbay Underground, in a conference room
ARPers: The Sensei (Samuel Newton and Antenajah) and CM (Kai)


Anya was waiting on the other two to reply and getting a steady stream of info on Rayna's cellmate, Hyde, on the other side of her mind when the door opened again. The elf girl left standing there looked a bit odd to Anya, but she also appeared suddenly nervous, gibbering on in their person (she assumed) about how she didn't mean to interrupt, but she was looking to help save the mages. That little detail brought a smile to Anya's lips, even though it was a little bitter. "Looking to help save the mages, eh? Well you've certainly stumbled into the right room," she sighed and shoved a hand through her inky black hair.

"I'm hiring people to help me bust my healing mage sister out of the containment area here," Anya told her, smirking. "Want to help?"

Rayna and Ariel Hyde
Mage Containment Cell in Southbay
ARPers: None


Rayna could feel Anya's irritation growing as she waited on the two that she was supposed to be hiring to say something, and neither did, but she concentrated more on getting information out of Hyde, whose side she was now leaning against, rubbing her arms as though she were cold as an excuse to be close enough to him to have a whispered conversation.

"...I'm a shapeshifter--I take the secondary form of a lion. Now will you please tell me what all this quietness and questions are about?" Hyde asked with a sigh. Rayna grimaced and looked away before looking at him.

"My sister is trying to orchestrate a breakout, and she's trying to figure out if you'll be useful."

Hyde looked at her like she was insane. "A breakout? Is she out of her mind?" he hissed, Rayna shook her head.

"No, she's just incredibly dedicated to keeping me safe, and allowing me to stay here is not something considered safe." She shrugged, Hyde just shook his head.

"Well, I guess it's better than having no one to turn to or depend on..." Rayna didn't bother even trying to ask him what he meant. and kept moving on with the questions quietly, Hyde a bit more willing to answer her now.

Aileena Crowfeather
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun
ARPers: CM (Drakon)


"There's a lot about Leena to learn, Drakon. I've had my eye on her for quite awhile," Harland replied, and Aileena shifted uncomfortably, as though she had suddenly been put under a spotlight. However, Harland barely noticed, as Drakon suggested he go make a bit of mischief. Aileena looked like she was going to be sick. The Games? There would be tons of people there, and she really did try to avoid people as best she could. The thing was, mischief was one of the few things that she couldn't talk Harland out of very often.

"Mischief..." the raccoon repeated slowly, the word rolling off his tongue like silk. "What kind of mischief are you looking to see, Drakon?" the Sacred Beast of trouble asked, sounding suspicious and quite tempted at the same time. Oh no, this would not be good at all, aileena thought, stomach sinking.

OOC: Crappy post, but it's a post nonetheless... I am alive, I swear! XDDD
__________________

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Sight of the Stars's Avatar
Sight of the Stars Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Top of Mt. Everest. -shivers- Cold.
Posts: 4,043
Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Astyn & Valefor • Female Guardian and Beast
Skyspire Livery, Skyspire

when life gives you lemons DON'T MAKE LEMONADE

A sigh slipped past her tight-lined lips as she worked her way past the guards undetected. She slipped her hand under her cloak, fingers going into the pouch at her hip. She clenched the charm tightly for a moment, almost as a thank you, and then glanced about. High above, just flitting from the clouds, she spied the strange, massive companion that was her Sacred Beast. If she had been told of its existence before she saw it, she would have called whoever was telling her that they were an imbecile. This thing was as strange as it got, really. It shared the general body structure of a wyvern, with two smooth, draconic legs and massive, arcing, ornate wings topped with rough, almost-bone like structures, a strange sort of spiral protruding from each one. Curling appendages grew from in front of its wings, the bottom most hook on the left wing bearing a peculiar charm hanging on wide, looping chains. The thick, pointed feathers on its neck morphed into a long cord of thick hair held together by a single braided rope at the end. Its tail was that of a dragon's, covered in metal-like plates. It was, truly and literally, a creature out of this world. And Astyn hated it.

She narrowed her eyes, her azure-rimmed, obsidian pupils rolling as she she turned her gaze back before her. She didn't need to worry about the pest being seen and causing alarm, as the damned thing was also a master illusionist, and only appeared in her true form to those she wished to. To everyone else, she appeared as a massive raven only a couple of inches taller than most of those in her species.

Astyn glared around as she slipped through those passing through the streets, weaving in and out of the hurried individuals, her own pace steady and brisk. It was mid evening, and the sun would be setting in a little over an hour or so. Her path of sight scoped out the nearby buildings for a quiet, lonely place to reside for the night, but all she could find at the moment was some inn, which she had no interest in even stepping foot inside. Chances were that the only people inside would be pedophiles or drunks or both, or maybe just some people that would simply get on her nerves. Instead, she ducked into the livery beside the inn upon seeing that the stable hand had just departed.

She scaled the ladder up to the loft, stepping on each sturdy wooden rung as quickly and as quietly as she could. As she reached the top, she inhaled the lovely, sweet scent of hay, closing her eyes for a moment as she relished in the nostalgia, a small dose of nirvana pulsing through her mind. It was here that the equine shifter felt at home. She stood there for a moment, taking deep breaths as she allowed reception from her animalistic side to breach her conscience. She withdrew quickly, though, as that side of her seemed to want to put down as much hay as she could in as little time as possible.

This serene feeling of bliss was short-lived, though, as the massive creature known as her Sacred Beast swooped in, pulling herself up from the dive that had carried her inside and landing on the loft. It creaked slightly under her weight. Horses, frightened by both the presence of the beast and the large gust created from the 'raven's presence, scared and reared, a couple letting out loud neighs and screams. They chose a corner of the large loft and hunkered down, Astyn glaring at the massive beast beside her, hating their proximity. Though the large beast resembled a raven from the outside, it was obvious that there was something a bit strange going on since hay was pushed out several feet around it. They listened quietly as the stable hands rushed back into the livery stables, calming the horses, and then departed once more.

Astyn's mind had seemed to be hyper aware of her surroundings ever since she had entered Skyspire, and she was sure it wasn't just the feeling of being on edge because of the guards. She went through this with every town. She couldn't locate it exactly, but she recognized the feeling. This was the feeling she got whenever she was near a powerful being other than her Beast. She reminded herself to steer clear of the inn. She couldn't locate which direction the individual was in, but with the inn next to her, it wasn't hard to guess.

Valefor shifted beside her, eyes trained upon the black-haired girl as she pulled her hood back from over her head. Her gaze was returned with a harsh glare.

"I hate you with every fiber of my being," Astyn's thoughts snarled cruelly, as she had learned that the creature could very clearly read her mind.

"I know," the companion replied quite cheerfully, a sort of purr rumbling in her chest.

Astyn grumbled an inaudible stream of curses before rolling over and falling asleep, head resting on her arm in the hay.

859 words • tagged; n/a
comments;
sorry for taking so long.
love this rp already and i haven't
even interacted with anyone. cx
__________________
.previously known as White Wolf of the Snow.
Quote:
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Eternal Moonlight's Avatar
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rumored Canadian
Posts: 6,579
Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Amber Greenwood
The streets of Skyspire
Affected RPers: CM (Agana), Brainiac (Corbin), Kamikaze (Darios)


The situation had gone downward very quickly. Had this been in a private place, Corbin’s words would probably have been met with warmer responses. However, being that this was a public space, and that knights just happened to be well within hearing range. It was logical, even for a loudmouth like Amber, that talking about Mages like that wasn’t the best of ideas. Still, there was no denying she would like to fight back. The redhead hadn’t really considered that option too much, going one (wo)man army was total suicide. Besides, being jailed wasn’t worth giving up her freedom.

Yet, something in the stranger’s words ignited a will to rise up. It was, in a way, completely illogical, but Amber wasn’t logic’s best friend either.

Still, the air was so tense it would take an axe to slash through it. Agana had since risen, acquired a drink, and gone to see what looked like an important knight. Maybe even the Captain, which was an impressive role, especially for a female. Her friend, the strong man who’d invited Amber to sit, was also fuming.

She couldn’t blame them either. It was very dangerous, foremost, but could very well run Agana out of business. Something the other woman had likely considered.

"I'm sorry if you misunderstood my comment earlier, I was merely trying to be polite. It might be best to head back to your room, before things here turn ugly. " The man had told her, his voice gentler then she’d been expecting. However, glaring back at Corbin, it was obvious he had not calmed down, merely saved her from his rage.

"You...If you ever pull a stunt like this again, and put me or my friends in harms way, I will see to it that your head is no longer attached to the rest of your body,” judging from his tone, it wasn’t a stretch to say he would back up his threat. "I would advise you to get out of my sight, quickly, and if anything happens to Agana, you'd better be out of the city within the hour, because I will hunt you to the ends of this world and beyond if that is what it takes to end your life."

Corbin only nodded, that being the smartest of his options. He looked solemn, greatly contrasting his previous expressions.

Amber copied his action, now acknowledging the man’s earlier words. “Thank-you for the advice,” she added, hints of exhaustion in her voice, masking the one pleasant tone. If something did happen, however, the redhead wouldn’t sit around like a dumb cluck.

Still, she followed Corbin, and once they were out of range, turned to him.

“Hadn’t you noticed those knights?” was all she could muster, although her tone was neutral, not accusing, but not kind either.

(00C:CM has asked that I remind everyone from refraining posting until she moves things along. That is all. )
__________________

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine
North of Easthaven
ARPers: Kamikaze (Aldur, Ailith)
"Well well, how about that for a coincidence? We're headed there as well, and I see no reason why we can't travel together. Perhaps you can fill me in on this whole thing about being a Guardian, Aniu seems to be amused by telling me things way after I need to know them, why not make use of this lucky encounter?"

Menora caught the meaning. She had heard of Aniu's power from Omen. However if it was truly her doing or just coincidence itself would remain a mystery. The hunter then nodded before she addressed the suggestion.

"I don't see the problem in that," she replied. "Over time you'll become more sensitive to other Guardians and Beasts, and even be able to pinpoint where a Guardian's Mark is without even havin' to see it. Like I can tell yours in on your left palm."

Celestine just chuckled at that while Mellony rolled her eyes. Nero was indifferent, not caring either way. The direwolf looked at his hunter, and with a quick nod he went on ahead further up the path a bit to check for threats.

"You can continue your teaches on the road," Celestine then said before she smirked. "I have a woman to get back to."

With that the scythe-wielding mage went after the direwolf. Again the blond mage rolled her eyes. She was used to this behavior from the older mage, and did not look amused at all. She just looked at her sister before following after the other woman and hound. Menora just smiled before turning back to Aldur and Ailith. She then motioned for them to walk with her before she spoke again.

"You should already be able to communicate with her when she's in the other realm," the rogue started. "Do you know how to summon Aniu?"
Kai (NPC)
Underground, Southbay
ARPers: Winter (Anya)
"Looking to help save the mages, eh? Well you've certainly stumbled into the right room. I'm hiring people to help me bust my healing mage sister out of the containment area here. Want to help?"

Kai's eyes grew wider. She didn't pick up on the woman's tone or her expression. All Kai noticed was what was being said. She then smiled and nodded enthusiastically. She also straightened up her posture, having been a little hunched before with embarrassment. Her hands were balled into fists at her side, her eyes bright with determination.

"Yes, Kai wants to help the mages," she replied. "What can Kai do to help?"
Agana Lilith
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Brainiac (Corbin); Kamikaze (Darios)
Agana was completely calm, even with the gaze of the captain on her. However she relaxed a bit when the knight uncrossed her arms and sat down on the stool she was standing next to. She removed her gauntlets, and then the gloves that protected her skin from the steel. The silver haired woman turned back to the redhead, still as serious as before but not as dominant.

"That was bold of your companion," she said, noticing the note that was on the bar. She could make out the writing and was able to read it before Agana picked it up. The bartender then disposed of it, remembering the words for later.

The way you feel right now, the rage, the fear, the danger; nobody should have to feel like that for refusing to hide who they are. That’s what this is about.

"Believe me, Captain-"

"No need for formalities," the knight cut her off. "We are simply talking as old friends."

Agana smiled a bit as she poured herself another shot. "Naomi then. As I was saying, I did not think he would bring that issue up."

"He is lucky I convinced the men that were able to hear some of what he said that he was just saying nonsense."

Naomi watched as the mage downed another shot. She had known her for a while now, and knew her secrets. However she never turned the woman in. Even if her monarch wanted all mages imprisoned, the captain could not do it. She never was one to actually arrest a mage, it was always her men. A thought she wish she could forget.

"You heard all of it, though," the inn's owner's voice broke her train of thought. "You being a Garou."

Agana looked up from her shot glass, her crimson eyes meeting blue. Their races should be enemies, but they were comrades. The captain was a wolf shifter, her race created from the forbidden magic that the inn owner practiced. She knew it was a touchy subject, but she never went further than that. She then put the bottle of liquor away before returning her attention to the knight.

"You aren't going to arrest him?"

Naomi shook her head. "No, not this time. But he has to be careful where he decides to rally the mages. Most of the knights may be focused on the preparations for the Games and keeping crime under control, but that does not mean that they will sit idly by while someone gathers the magic users."
Drakon
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun
ARPers: Winter (Aileena)
"There's a lot about Leena to learn, Drakon. I've had my eye on her for quite awhile."

Drakon turned to look at the woman again. It was true that he had no knowledge of her, but if he seemed like a good choice to Harland, then that was what mattered for the time being. For now they needed Guardians, but when he was finished with his plans he would see no need for them. Soon, he thought, soon he and his kin will retake this land and return it to how it once was. The dragon then turned back to the raccoon, hearing his next words.

"Mischief... What kind of mischief are you looking to see, Drakon?"

If the dragon could smirk he would. "Any kind you want," he replied. "We need to show the rest of these humans that we are back. We are not merely legends. We have powers they could not even dream of. But most importantly we need to put them back in their place. The capital is the prime place to do this, and there will be no better opportunity to show most of the country of our return when most of the population is located there for the Games."

However before he could continue, he felt a familiar pull. His Guardian was summoning him. It was rare, but when he was called for Drakon was usually not disappointed with the task his Guardian wanted his attendance in. He then started to walk back to the tree line, and out of sight form the other Sacred Beast and his chosen Guardian.

"Think it over, Harland. I'll come back for an answer before the Games begin."
Taro
Lakeshire
APRers: Brainiac (Suhail)
Taro watched. He had been watching for some time. It was his task to look for more recruits, it be to take Trails to get more Sacred Beasts on his side or for his army. There would be a time when he would need all the forces he could get, so he wanted to be prepared. But this man had caught his interest. So he had been watching him for a while. Traded from one master to another, the thing binding him to that master was a black stone. He wasn't sure as to exactly how it worked, but he was going to find out.

He then placed his hand over his Mark, summoning the red crystal that would open a portal for his Beast. He just stared at it for a moment before he smirked. Drawing one of his swords, he then made his move. The man he had been watching just returned with a little girl, and he had seen the whole rescue. This man's skills were impressive, and Taro wanted that skill on his side. He tossed the crystal up and shattered it with a single slash of his sword. In an eruption of fire, the mighty red dragon appeared. While this was happening, Taro was able to cleanly stab the master of his target. Sure, it wasn't exactly a swift and painless death, but he would quickly bleed out. Drakon slashed his claws out at the mother of the child. It would be another painful death, but that was something the two drew power from. The child was spared, to a point. Some of Taro's followers grabbed her, binding her so she couldn't escape.

Taro then pulled his sword out of the corpse and began looking through his belongings. It wasn't long before he found the stone, and with a merciless smirk he took it in his hand. He was able to examine it closely now. It didn't look like much from a distance, but now he could see the design on it and feel its weight. He could truly appreciate its beauty now.

"So this is what binds you to a person," he mused.

The dragon then looked at the only one who was not attacked or restrained. So that must have been who his summoner was tracking. However he wasn't quite sure until he noticed the stone. He had heard of something like this, but the dragon never really bothered to look into it. Instead he just kept his gaze on the scene, watching the last bit of life leave the parents and waiting for a reaction from the other man.
((OoC: Sorry for the delay in getting this out and for some of the rushed parts. Thank you all for waiting for me to catch up on the posts and reply to all of the parts that involved my characters.))
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 06-28-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: edit to Naomi's last dialogue, had to delete the extra "not" that wasn't supposed to be there
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:29 AM
Brainiac's Avatar
Brainiac Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I live in my imaginary imagination!
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Corbin
Skyspire - Agana's Inn
RPers involved:
CM (Agana); Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Kamikaze (Darios)

After they were left relatively alone Amber turned and asked “Hadn’t you noticed those knights?”

Although her tone was neutral, it seemed to be a great effort to say; her tone not accusing, but not kind either.

Corbin chuckled to himself softly. “This wasn't my idea; not the way I usually handle things.

He paused to listen as the knight and Agana finally began talking, his Feruchemically enhanced ears picking up every word as if it were spoken right next to him.

"That was bold of your companion," began the stranger, the “Captain” apparently.

He heard Agana pick up the note, heard her destroy it.

She started to reply; "Believe me, Captain-"

"No need for formalities," the knight cut her off. "We are simply talking as old friends."

"Naomi then. As I was saying, I did not think he would bring that issue up."

He’d been counting on that. The entire presentation would have been useless if she’d seen it coming.

"He is lucky I convinced the men that were able to hear some of what he said that he was just saying nonsense."

So maybe he wouldn’t have to chase down anyone tonight, he thought.

"You heard all of it, though," Agana accused, "You being a Garou."

Corbin didn’t like that revelation. Perhaps he still would have to end some lives tonight. The wolf-people and the Vampire kind were commonly known to be bitter enemies. It was strange that this pair seemed to get along so well.

"You aren't going to arrest him?" Agana asked.

"No,” Naomi replied, “not this time. But he has to be careful where he decides to rally the mages. Most of the knights may be focused on the preparations for the Games and keeping crime under control, but that does not mean that they will not sit idly by while someone gathers the magic users."

No action on the part of the knights? This was a stroke of good fortune for Corbin. He’d been prepared to spend the entire night out chasing down loose ends. Now it seemed like Agana’s connections had tied them all off before he’d even started cutting. This was a big part of why she would be so critical to whatever movements they would make in the city; she knew how to get out of trouble, and had the right connections to stay out, even when things could have gone sour.

For the briefest of moments, some awareness in his mind flared up, something familiar.

<Feng?> he asked.

<There’s someone else nearby. Don’t worry about it right now.>

<Someone else? Another Guardian?>

<It isn’t important right now. Focus on the task at hand.>

Corbin shook his head slowly, still wondering what was next. Sometimes, he thought, having a Deity practically living in your mind made life complicated.


Suhail
Lakeshire
RPers involved:
CM (Taro)

Everything was in motion.

Suhail’s eyes flew open, and he felt more than saw his master’s death. He knew Thaylen would die; the pressure of being owned was suddenly gone. Contrary to everything that was happening, for a brief instant he felt a rush of life, of freedom.

Then next thing he felt was horror as he found himself standing, the sword he had been holding falling the stone floor with a clatter.

The man who had just pulled the blade from Thaylen’s dying body had begun rummaging around, looking for something, and instantly Suhail knew: this was about Suhail. Someone had discovered him, someone who did not care about the value of a man’s soul, and someone who would not let the monster within him hide behind a mask of menial, trivial tasks.

He acted without thinking, the blade that breathed when he did was in his hand. He flung it across the room with all the force he could muster, pulling out all the stops. He felt that this killing could save the lives of thousands.

Then something in the room shifted, and the blade, only inches from piercing the heart of the brown-haired man, vanished. He was too late. The pull, the pressure, the sense of being owned crashed down upon him again, and Suhail couldn’t complete the attack that would remove it. He cursed himself for dropping the real blade, the one that couldn’t disappear just because someone picked up a little black pebble.

Desperation welled up within him, and he surveyed the room, saw the others accompanying the man, saw the creature standing in the gore that had once been Thaylen’s wife. He saw Rose being pulled away, screaming and reaching for her mother, saw the power rising in her eyes and knew she would lose control in a moment.

He could do nothing; his choices taken away as swiftly as they had been given back to him.

“So this is what binds you to a person,” the man mused.

Suhail walked over to him, bowed stiffly, and said “I have no choice but to inform you that you hold my Soul Stone. As long as you do so, I will obey you.”

This was it, then. He was at war. Every secret Suhail failed to keep from his new master would mean more dead. He pushed the well of power within him as deep as he could manage, and then made the only choice left to him. He chose to wait.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Kamikaze's Avatar
Kamikaze Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 239
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
North of Easthaven
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine)


"'What you don't know can't hurt you.'

Knowledge in itself has rarely hurt someone, though it could easily put one in harms way.
Not knowing however has proven fatal time and again."

"I don't see the problem in that," Menora replied. "Over time you will become more sensitive to other Guardians and Beasts, and even be able to pinpoint where a Guardian's Mark is without even havin' to see it. Like I can tell yours is on your left palm."

Aldur unconsciously closed his left hand at the mention of the mark, feeling a slight tingle surge through his hand as he did so. But before he could reply anything, Celestine spoke up, sounding a bit impatient.

"You can continue your teaches on the road," was her comment. "I have a woman to get back to." And with that she turned towards the path and began following the direwolf who had already gone off in the same direction. After a quick glance at her sister, the blond mage began moving as well.

Menora only smiled, then motioned for Aldur and Ailith to walk with her. Aldur did so, but Ailith hadn't moved when the hunter continued. "You should already be able to communicate with her when she's in the other realm. Do you know how to summon Aniu?"

Suddenly a large silver-white canine ran past the two, which made Aldur smile before he spoke.

"She prefers to travel in this form, and truth be told, I think she was meant to be a wolf, because she sure have the spirit of one. In another life perhaps..." Aldur began, but the comment shifted his unwilling thoughts towards their already century long lives, and the emotional burden they carried around because of it. Though Menora could hardly understand what was going through his mind at the moment, he decided to pick up their previous conversational topic before his emotions showed too clearly on his face.
"I can speak to her yes, though it seems to do as much harm as it does good at times, and I know I can sense others, she was kind enough to tell me so earlier today when I almost bumped into you. That was also the first time she spoke to me without being physically present, which nearly gave me a heart-attack, which was her intention I'm sure, just because she finds it amusing." The comment was perhaps a bit harsher than he had thought, though the ever present sensation in the back of his head told him that he hadn't been too far from the truth.
"As for summoning her, I assume that it has something to do with the mark, though she only hinted as much before vanishing last night. I suppose the right time to explain it hasn't arrived just yet." With that, he fell silent, as the two walked behind the two other women on the road north to Oakwood, with Ailith and the direwolf lurking nearby.

--------------------

Darios
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
RPers involved: Kamikaze, Eternal Moonlight(Amber Greenwood), CM(Agana Lilith), Brainiac(Corbin Smythe)


"When in doubt concerning an individual and their alignment,
being polite can go a long way in preventing hostilities."

As the knight sat down, and began talking to Agana, Darios could feel the tension flow out of him, though his hands still didn't leave the sheathed blades. As the conversation carried on, Darios became convinced that there would be no fighting today, not with this knight at least, though he was surprised at the mentioning of the Garou. Being the lore-keeper of his order, he had read about most things, traveled most of the region and seen most of what was to be seen in this part of the world, or so he thought. The few texts on the subject he could remember shrugged at the thought of the race being anything but a myth, and the tome that had gone farthest from that conclusion had claimed the race to be real but long since extinct.

Pretending not to have heard any of the conversation, he walked up to the bar and sat down next to the knight.

"Good evening captain." He said and slightly bowed his head as he wondered if now was a good time to bring up the lacking security around the citadel, or if he should just keep his opinions to himself.
__________________

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Winter's Avatar
Winter Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Banora, munchin' on dumbapples...
Posts: 4,527
Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Anya
Southbay Underground, in a conference room
ARPers: CM (Kai)


"Yes, Kai wants to help the mages," the elf girl replied. "What can Kai do to help?" Anya looked her up and down and sighed inwardly. She acted too much like the girl she was trying to save, a comment Rayna left alone if she had heard it. The girl looked more like a child trying to be brave, but at this point, it was all she had to go with.

"We need to get in and break my sister out. There's another guy in the cell with her, and he seems nice, so we'll take him, too...but I have no idea how on earth we're gonna get in without letting everyone know we're in there. What can you do, anyway, Kai?" She asked the girl, still listening to part of Rayna's ongoing conversation with Hyde with the smallest amount of attention, they had gone totally off topic by now and simply chatting quietly. She was only made more nervous by the fact it was taking her so long to get things done.


Aileena Crowfeather
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun
ARPers: CM (Drakon)


Aileena didn't like that look in Harland's eyes as Drakon described the kind of mischief he was looking for from Harland. No she did not. The raccoon looked way too happy; the suggestion was like giving the Sacred Beast his dream misson. However, shortly after giving them this description, Drakon left them, "Think it over, Harland. I'll come back for an answer before the Games begin," floating behind him. The moment the other Sacred Beast was out of sight, Harland turned his attention to Aileena.

"Leena, we--" the raccoon started, but Aileena was ready for him.

"No, Harland. No. I am not getting insulted and beaten up on to get a message out," Aileena growled, shaking her head at Harland. "That aside, I am not the most inconspicuous being out there while you are the most inconspicuous Sacred Beast among them all--what are a winged girl and a raccoon going to prove? I do not feel like running away from people again, that is why I choose to stay away from them." The raccoon stared at her quietly for awhile. Aileena couldnt say she was too fond of the fact Harland looked thoughtful, either.

"So what if you made yourself worthy of respect? That aside I am quite sure we will not be alone." He asked her, Aileena frowned.

"What are you talking about, Harland?" she asked suspiciously.

"Turning people's dislike of you into something worth respecting, of course, Leena."

"Stop calling me Leena!" the woman snarled, nearing the end of her patience with the raccoon. Harland did not bother to move at the outburst, opting to blink afterwards. "And what do you mean turning me into something worth respecting?" She felt her stomach sink at the way the raccoon grinned at her.

OOC: No Rayna and Hyde once more...this would be so much easier if they were together and not in a cell...
__________________

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Eternal Moonlight's Avatar
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rumored Canadian
Posts: 6,579
Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Amber Greenwood
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
Affected RPers: CM (Agana), Kamikaze (Darios) (possibly) Brainiac (Corbin)



“This wasn't my idea; not the way I usually handle things.”

Although it was indirect reply, Amber did get the jist of what Corbin was saying. She recalled him mentioning a Guardian, although she hadn’t much knowledge of what implications this had, of what it even was. Either way, he had said his was a being by the name of Feng, and that, the redhead made sure to bank.

Now, she would have added more, but was cut off by voices coming from the tavern. One was obviously Agana, but the other was new. Being feminine, however, tipped her that it was more likely than not the Captain.

It was hard to make out clear words, but their tones weren’t aggressive, which was a good sign. The possibility of conflict was still hanging though; Amber had to keep that in mind despite said good sign.

The one thing that did manage to reach her ears was the word “Garou”. That, she’d heard of plenty of times in the past and knew exactly what this was. If it was relating to one of the people still present in the room or someone else entirely, the mage couldn’t be sure. The situation made her wish she could use her powers to enhance auditory capabilities, although her hellhound might have been able to make things a little clearer. This, however, was not worth the risk.

They kept going after that, but nothing more Amber could pick out. Bringing her attention to Corbin, she did notice he appeared to be concentrating, as if trying to listen in. Maybe he was having more luck then her?

After the voices seemed to subside, she had the fullest intention to ask, but her question changed. She’d noticed his facial expression was… different to say the least.
“Hey, are you okay?” Amber asked, eyeing him carefully.
__________________

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-04-2012, 04:50 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine
Route between Easthaven and Oakwood
ARPers: Kamikaze (Aldur, Ailith)
The group then started back down the path that would take them to Oakwood. However before Aldur could reply to Menora's question, a large silvery white wolf ran past them. The hunter didn't even flinch, but looked over her shoulder at the other Guardian, her good eye visible and her eyebrow raised in curiosity. She could see his smile and guessed that this was normal with him.

"She prefers to travel in this form, and truth be told, I think she was meant to be a wolf, because she sure have the spirit of one. In another life perhaps..." he replied, and the hunter knew he was talking about Ailith. He paused for a moment, and Menora could recognize the look. He was thinking about something form his past. But as to what exactly she had no idea. He then returned to the previous topic when he spoke again. "I can speak to her yes, though it seems to do as much harm as it does good at times, and I know I can sense others, she was kind enough to tell me so earlier today when I almost bumped into you. That was also the first time she spoke to me without being physically present, which nearly gave me a heart-attack, which was her intention I'm sure, just because she finds it amusing."

"Sounds like she made him her Guardian not long ago then," Omen spoke to Menora.

"As for summoning her, I assume that it has something to do with the mark, though she only hinted as much before vanishing last night. I suppose the right time to explain it hasn't arrived just yet," Aldur then added after a moment's pause.

"It does," the hunter nodded. "It'll take some time, but I can show you how to summon your Sacred Beast when we find somewhere more secluded. It isn't the time to reveal to the public of the Beasts' return."

The two mages were a little further ahead, the two wolves in front of them. Celestine looked over her shoulder at the two Guardians, a curious look in her eye. Mellony looked over at the older woman and recognized the look. It was a subtle curiosity. If others didn't know to look it would seem like she was uncharacteristically serious or impassive. But the blond mage didn't want to say anything. It was obvious to her that the other mage was using blood magic to possibly figure out what either were thinking. So Mellony just let it be, not wanting to confront Celestine about blood magic at this time.

With the wolves, Nero looked over at Ailith. If one looked closely they could see how intelligent he really was. He was not a normal direwolf, that much was certain with his size alone. His kind rarely became large enough for a human to use as a mount instead of a horse. He know knew that this she-wolf was actually a female mage. He had only come across one other that could change her form, and that would be his hunter's companion's wife. But rarely did the redheaded woman change to an animal form. She just mainly changed her human appearance, like hair, eye, and skin color. He thought now that it wouldn't hurt revealing more about himself.

"Why choose the form of a wolf when you were born human?" he asked, speaking clearly in human tongue instead of his natural language.
Kai (NPC)
Underground, Southbay
ARPers: Winter (Anya)
"We need to get in and break my sister out. There's another guy in the cell with her, and he seems nice, so we'll take him, too...but I have no idea how on earth we're gonna get in without letting everyone know we're in there. What can you do, anyway, Kai?"

Kai tilted her head to the side, much like a kitten would. She thought about the question, and then her expression when from slightly confused to excited. So this woman was interested in her skills? Kai had many, and she was willing to share. After all, if they were to become comrades they would need to know a lot about each other.

"Kai is really good with a crossbow and ring blade," the elf girl started. "Kai can also sense and disarm traps, as well as pick locks. And being an elf, Kai can hear things normal humans can't."

Kai had learned a lot from her other comrades. She was mainly put in a role where she could use her crossbow, but there were times she was allowed to go ahead of the group to disarm traps or pick locks. Also her hearing came in handy for when they were about to walk into ambushes. And Kai always did this with a smile, knowing that it was all a part of the game and that she could rely on her allies to watch her back.
Agana Lilith
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Brainiac (Corbin); Kamikaze (Darios)
Both Agana and Naomi were aware of the mages listening in on their conversation, but neither were bothered with it. In fact it was expected. But that didn't mean that they would let it go on. Looking around the tavern and noticing that she was the only knight there, Noami relaxed a bit. She had to make sure that none had returned during her chat with the redheaded mage.

"Good evening captain."

Naomi turned to see one of the male mages joining her at the bar. He wasn't the one who made the speech, and from what she had heard he was a friend of Agana's. So she wouldn't have to keep an eye on him. She have him a curt nod in greeting.

"Brave enough to join us?" Agana teased with a small smirk, returning to her normal self. "Let me properly introduce you two. Naomi, this is Darios." The vampire then turned her gaze to the other mage before motioning to the Garou with her hand. "And this would be Captain Naomi Hemming of the Royal Guard."

"I thought I told you there was no need for formalities," Naomi said, her voice and expression not giving away her thoughts. She then turned to Darios, this time offering her hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

After the two shook hands, there was the sound of small feet padding along the hardwood floor. The two women turned to see Alexa turning the corner. She was rubbing her eyes, showing signs of having just woken up. But when her bright emerald eyes saw the Knight Captain, she seemed to instantly wake up and smiled. She then ran over to the armored woman, jumping into her lap and hugging her the best she could. But it was rather difficult wrapping her small arms around the plate armor.

"Aunt Naomi!" she greeted. "It's been so long!"

Naomi's mask then cracked and she smiled at the young girl. "It has been," she replied, wrapping an arm around the small child to make sure she didn't fall of, the other patting her head. "You seem to be doing well. But are you here alone?"

"I've been watching her," Alexa replied. "You know her mother. She took a contract and asked me to watch Alexa for her. She should be in town for the Games in a couple days."

Naomi nodded. Still holding the girl, she then decided that there was no need to eavesdrop any longer. "You two can come join us," she spoke to the other two mages. "Might as well sit with us if you're going to listen in."
Taro
Lakeshire
APRers: Brainiac (Suhail)
Drakon had seen what this human was about to do. And even if the dragon wouldn't have cared normally, he needed his Guardian for the time being. After finishing off the woman he made a move to stop the man, but when Taro picked up the strange stone the attack stopped. The dragon became curious, but then was drawn when he felt a strong magical energy coming from the girl. He growled at this, but was satisfied when one of the hired swords put a charm that most knights use to keep mages under control. It left the mage unable to use his magic, and it seemed to work on the female child.

"I have no choice but to inform you that you hold my Soul Stone. As long as you do so, I will obey you."

Taro turned to the man as he spoke those words. He couldn't help but smirk, looking back down at the stone. So what he read was fact. It was fascinating. But not as fascinating as the individual who almost attacked him. He returned his emerald gaze to him.

"All because I hold this, you must do what I say," he said more than asked. "Then tell me, you would do anything for freedom, correct? Even use the magic that is in your blood? The magic that you refuse to use?"
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Kamikaze's Avatar
Kamikaze Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 239
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
Route between Easthaven and Oakwood
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine)


"Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.'"

"It does," the hunter nodded in agreement, regarding the summoning. "It'll take some time, but I can show you how to summon your Sacred Beast when we find somewhere more secluded. It isn't the time to reveal to the public of the Beasts' return."

Aldur couldn't agree more, though he didn't say much in reply, instead he looked in front of them, and noticed the one with the scythe, Celestine, turned around a moment to look at himself and the hunter. There was something about her gaze that unnerved him, but he decided to let it be for now, best not step on anyone's toes unless necessary.

"I would appreciate it if you could show me, or at the very least explain the process." Aldur replied, and though he didn't really need to, he gave the sun's position a quick glance, "Do you think we can make it to Oakwood before nightfall, or would you rather set up camp along the road? I'm much in favor of the later, though if we intend to make it to civilization, we might want to pick up the pace a little. Either works for me."


Ailith could feel that something was different about the black dire that was by her side. Direwolves were always strange compared to the regular packs one commonly found, but the impressive body mass aside, the blue eyes witnessed of an agile mind, and great intelligence even for one of his species. She noticed that he looked at her, and when he spoke, she were surprised indeed, for the words were uttered in the human tongue.

"Why choose the form of a wolf when you were born human?" he asked.

Ailith was quiet for a moment, partly unsure what to answer, but mostly rendered speechless from what she had just heard. When she finally found her words, she spoke them telepathically to the black canine, hoping he could hear her and not block her out.

"Because the wolves live in the present. They remember the past, they anticipate the future, but ultimately, it is the present that matters. Time is a concept of mankind, wolves have no need for minutes, hours or years. When I change into another form, I slowly gain some of the new shape's psyche, this is why most druids stay too long in one shape and then have no wish, and no need to change back into human form." She began, contemplating how much of her past she wanted to reveal. "As a human, I retain some of this mentality when I change back, but it is much stronger in this form. I have done things in the past, made decisions that can never be undone. And living in the present means I can focus on what is important, and not lose myself in long gone events that will forever remain unchangeable."

--------------------

Darios
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
RPers involved: Kamikaze, Eternal Moonlight(Amber Greenwood), CM(Agana Lilith, Alexa Silvanus[NPC]), Brainiac(Corbin Smythe)


"There is a difference between finding trouble in your path and going out of your way searching for it."

From the Captain, Darios only received a brief nod, though Agana, always quick to comment spoke in her stead.

"Brave enough to join us?" She teased with a small smirk, returning to her normal self. "Let me properly introduce you two. Naomi, this is Darios." The redhaired mage said to the Captain, then turned towards Darios, motioning her hand towards the knight. "And this would be Captain Naomi Hemming of the Royal Guard."

"I thought I told you there was no need for formalities," Naomi said, her voice and expression not giving away her thoughts. She then turned to Darios, this time offering her hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise." He said, as he hesitantly shook her hand, and he had barely more than let it go when he noticed the little girl coming towards them. At the sight of the child, and moreso the reaction of Agana and the knight, he felt at ease with the situation, for now. Though the situation did indeed raise a whole bunch of questions.

"Aunt Naomi!" The little girl happily greeted the knight, while giving her a hug, or trying at least."It's been so long!"

Naomi's mask then cracked and she smiled at the young girl. "It has been," she replied. "You seem to be doing well. But are you here alone?"

"I've been watching her," Agana replied. "You know her mother. She took a contract and asked me to watch Alexa for her. She should be in town for the Games in a couple days."

Something about the little girl was definitely familiar he once again realized, but Darios couldn't figure out why it was so. And before he could give it much further thought, Naomi spoke up.

"You two can come join us," she said with a voice loud enough to reach the two remaining mages. "Might as well sit with us if you're going to listen in."

Had his skin been any lighter, they might have noticed him blush slightly, instead, he looked at the knight in front of him, with the girl sitting in her lap. "Not that I am not grateful, but how come the Captain of the guard is helping the ones she should be locking up?" He smiled at the knight, not sure if she would actually reply or if he was in the process of making yet another enemy. He thought he had managed one already so far today, and he sincerely hoped it would stay that way.
__________________

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Brainiac's Avatar
Brainiac Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I live in my imaginary imagination!
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Suhail
Lakeshire
RPers involved:
CM (Taro)

"All because I hold this, you must do what I say," the man said more than asked. Even as he spoke, little Rose was stopped from using magic; a blessing to her, in this case.

"Then tell me,” he asked “you would do anything for freedom, correct? Even use the magic that is in your blood? The magic that you refuse to use?"

As usual, the answer was on his lips the instant he thought it; he must obey the Master.

“No matter my desires, I am not meant to be free. I cannot escape what I am any more than a wolf could give up its fangs and become a man. I do not have the luxury of expending my energy in such a futile fight. My very nature prohibits the possibility.”

Suhail’s mind was on overdrive. Clearly whoever this individual was, he had been watching Suhail for a great deal of time. However, he was obviously ignorant of the true nature of a Soulless; if he knew better what Suhail was, and where he came from, he would not have suggested the possibility of freedom. Suhail had given up that desire long ago, and now only longed to spend his life constructively, to avoid destroying whenever possible.

Suhail was very afraid of this man. Already, he knew too much of Suhail’s powers. He knew of the magic, and of the stone and blade. He did not have enough secrets. Already the terms of this war had changed, and now Suhail’s strategy would have to adapt as well.

“In any case, what could you possibly have to offer me in the way of freedom? What reason could I possibly have to believe that my very nature could be thwarted, when you so obviously use what I am to subjugate me to your own desires? I do not trust your ability to promise me anything of value. Why pretend?

“Just order me to commit the atrocities you have planned, and do not seek to further complicate what interaction takes place between us. As your observations will have previously proven, no matter my desires, I will obey.”


Suhail hoped his new master would take the bait and try to talk. It was information that Suhail lacked, and since this master was so clearly well informed about Suhail, Suhail would need to strive to discover whatever secrets his master happened to be keeping.

If his master refused to be goaded into talking more, Suhail would not be any the worse off than he already was.


Corbin
Skyspire - Agana's Inn
RPers involved:
CM (Agana); Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Kamikaze (Darios)


“Hey, are you okay?” Amber asked, eyeing him carefully. He’d been so absorbed in listening to Agana, and then to Feng, that he’d forgotten entirely about the conversation he was supposed to be having himself.

“I…” Corbin trailed off and actually turned to look as the other ear listening to the conversation taking place at the bar stopped standing quietly and started approaching the talking pair.

“What’s he doing?” Corbin muttered aloud, quickly looking away to keep from being too obvious.

The conversation continued this time beginning with a soft, gentle voice that contrasted sharply with the angry version of the same voice that Corbin had heard only minutes before.

"Good evening captain."

Well, if nothing else, Corbin had to admire the fellow’s guts. Then again, the pair had little reason to be as upset with the man as they would have if it were Corbin himself to come and interrupt them.

"Brave enough to join us?" Agana teased him, her voice returning to calm and teasing as opposed to the dangerous tone she had used with Corbin. "Let me properly introduce you two. Naomi, this is Darios." There was a sound of motion before she continued speaking. "And this would be Captain Naomi Hemming of the Royal Guard."

"I thought I told you there was no need for formalities," Naomi said, her voice still a perfect mask of control and poise. "Pleasure to meet you." The latter was obviously addressed to the man, Darios.

Quite suddenly, there was the sound of small feet padding along the hardwood floor in the hallway. Corbin looked just in time to see Alexa turning the corner. She was rubbing her eyes, obviously tired. However, when her bright emerald eyes saw the Knight Captain, she seemed to instantly wake up and smiled. She then ran over to the armored woman, jumping into her lap and hugging her awkwardly, her small arms struggling to reach around the plate armor.

"Aunt Naomi!" she greeted. "It's been so long!"

Her response held the first uncontrolled inflection of emotion he had heard thus far from Naomi. "It has been," she replied, wrapping an arm around the small child to make sure she didn't fall off, the other patting her head. "You seem to be doing well. But are you here alone?"

"I've been watching her," Agana replied. "You know her mother. She took a contract and asked me to watch Alexa for her. She should be in town for the Games in a couple days."

The next words weren’t really a surprise, though they were loud enough to make Corbin’s ears ring and he hastily stopped pulling extra hearing from his reserves as she began speaking. "You two can come join us," she spoke, apparently to Corbin and Amber. "Might as well sit with us if you're going to listen in."

He smiled a bit as he stood and offered a hand to Amber; their conversation had been rather sparse. He would have to remember to be more convincing in the future if he wished to eavesdrop and remain undetected.

"Not that I am not grateful, but how come the Captain of the guard is helping the ones she should be locking up?" Darios asked as they made the short journey to the trio and their conversation.

<Perhaps you should…>

<No. I get to do whatever conversing happens now my own way, Feng. I am not your puppet, to totter around according to your every whim and pleasure.>

The only reply was silence. Corbin stopped in front of the bar and gave a bow to Naomi.

“Madame Naomi,” he began, “I have not yet had opportunity to introduce myself; I am Corbin Smythe. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am in response to your actions. I suspect you saw my little note?”

He then turned to Agana, blushing slightly as he bowed again.

“Lady Agana. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive my earlier rashness. I have absolutely no desire to bring harm upon you or yours. I acted against what, I feel, is my own better judgment. I assure you I will not behave so again.”

To Darios, “I apologize for the danger I placed you, all of you, in by my actions. The only explanation I can offer is that I was commissioned to do so by someone I am led to believe is older and wiser than myself. However, after this little misadventure, my opinion in that matter has wavered slightly. I harbor no ill feelings towards you, though of course I understand completely if you continue to feel contrary feelings towards myself.”

He looked over the group quickly, his mind exhausted by the events that had just taken place. He knew however that time was short, so he offered the words on his mind.

“Normally this would be the point that I would suggest we retire for the evening and allow the events of the day to take hold in our minds as we rest for the morrow, but I worry that such a luxury is not one available to us at present.

“Madame Naomi, I am likewise intrigued by your forbearance in this situation. Why is it that you have not only allowed, but aided us, when it would seem your station and duty are to do the exact opposite?"
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com