Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:24 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Forum Lag Issues

Greetings everyone.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we're aware of the significant forum lag issues afflicting PE2K at the moment and we're working on resolving it as soon as possible. Please be patient as we address this issue.

It would also be helpful if you could provide us any information about the nature of the lag, such as what browser you're using, what system you have and how long the lag lasts. Please include any error messages you may receive.

We might disable some system-draining features in order to relieve some of the server stress. So please do not be alarmed if you discover you can no longer search the forum. I hope that we won't have to resort to such actions, but we must do what we can.

Thank you for your support and patience.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596
Default Re: Forum Lag Issues

Oh, it's great that you know! I'm running on my little netbook, and I have tested other sites, they work fine, but pe2k is lagging for me. Sometimes it takes a long time to get here, then I can't even post. I use IE, but am considering Firefox. The lag lasts mostly morning until I go to my room and come on. Then it's fine, well, most of the time. It's sometimes laggy, and sometimes fine. As for error messages, I only got a few Database Errors. I wonder what might be causing it...

Anyway, I can still post what I need to, and that's fine.

Thank you for being so inquiring into the matter, I hope you've got it resolved soon. Best of luck!

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 12-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I'm on IE and sometimes the pages will sit there loading for hours and not load anything. Sometimes then it'll load one page and then I have to wait twenty minutes for the next page to load. I've only posted when the few times it's not lagged but yeah. I get more that IE can't display the page at all rather than Database Error messages.

I'll probably have more info later on. Great to know you guys are aware and are trying to fix it! <3
Old 12-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Wile E Coyote Offline

I'm on a Toshiba laptop, running on Chrome. Weirdly, my issues only are on ARRIVING at the forums. Once I'm in, I'm golden, albeit at a slower rate than I would like, but it works. However, it takes me about 10 minutes, usually with a few refreshes upon database errors, to load the forum.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Google Chrome, on a Dell laptop (can't remember what model, but it is a model for this year) that is less than a year old and kept up to date.

3 errors:

Database Errors.

"Unable to Connect: The server closed the connection without sending any information" errors. These are the most common.

"Fatal Error: Exceeded Maximum Execution Time of 30 seconds" errors, usually involved in trying to post on VM or edit that post with Advanced Options.

Generally it is from 2 PM until I get off (around 3 AM, sometimes sooner). Occasionally I have trouble logging out, but often logging out is perfectly fine, if slow.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Also, Pe2k loads faster for me when I click to another tab. On Google Chrome, you have tabs at the top - when Pe2k is loading (shown by the little grey circle which become more defined and blue in the finishing stages of loading), it sometimes takes forever when I'm viewing it. But if I switch to another tab, it loads almost immediately. Except when lagging, of course.

This might just be because it can load the images "out of site" (O I see what u did thar...), thus it loads faster. That's just my opinion, though. All I know is that when on the tab, it doesn't load nearly as fast as when I'm viewing another tab.

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 12-09-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

It's lagging for me right now, although it loads the main forum and this thread fine... o.O It's not loading the sprite area or the PM section for me. Usually it works in the morning and night for me, but it's really slow during the day, such as from about half an hour ago till a few hours. Although it's more random, so giving exact times is difficult.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:49 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

It loads for me, just been lagging reeeaaaaally bad. I use a Macbook Pro with Firefox.

Oh, and if I go to post VMs or edit posts, sometimes it'll just load forever. Really irritating.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 12-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Using Chrome, I often get database errors or just really really long load times.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 12-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I jump between my stepmom's Dell laptop with IE and my 3DS Browser, it seems to like lagging horrendously in the afternoon and into the evening my time(I'm on the East coast of the US). I get lots of communication errors on the 3DS, and IE will take forever and then give me database errors, load slowly, right away, or tell me the page is broken/can't be found, and will do this randomly.

I've also noticed that posting and receiving a page not found/broken error will put the post on the thread, but nothing will update; the forum acts as though the post doesn't exist anywhere but on the board it was posted.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 12-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

I use Firefox and sometimes Safari if I'm browsing with my iPod--the first will just sit and try to load forever, while the latter will try to load, then just say that it cannot connect to the server :/

Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Primal Link Offline

Send a message via MSN to Primal Link

Using Chrome here and i have trouble getting onto the forums but once here theres usually nothing expect a couple of server errors at random times...

3DS: 3308-4809-3969
Avatar credit goes to ~theLostSindar of DevianART
Old 12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Use an array of different computers, all recieving the same message, "Cannot connect" or extremely long load times.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:40 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Okay, we made a few modifications to the server. Hopefully that will fix the issues.

Let us know if you keep experiencing certain problems.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

It wouldn't load for me at one stage a few hours earlier (and it was after you post that that last post), but it may not have lasted long, as I only checked once before I had to go help with stuff. :] It's fine now, however, judging by the existence of this post. xD Thanks, Harry!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Well... it still seems to lag for me a bit--especially when I'm trying to post or view my friend's profiles or our conversations. It seems on and off, though. Sometimes it'll load okay, but other times it just doesn't register. But maybe I just need to give this a few days or something ^^'