Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:52 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default War XI RP Planning and Discussion (All input welcome!)

First of all, yes, it's War not WAR. WAR implies that it's an acronym, which I recall it isn't and never has been.

Second of all I wasn't sure where to post this, since the War has always been a forum wide event, and this concerns both Clubs and RP sections specifically.

Anyway here's the thing. Well, a couple things.

Harry and I talked a little while ago, and I think we need to try something new this year. I've been around for every War season, one way or another. Every year the RP has been basically the same. An alternate universe, more realistic and slightly more technologically advanced version of Poke-Earth has a cataclysm that makes it lose it's government and it's up to Teams to step in and make things right, or wrong. Every season that wasn't this has failed, and almost all of them end without a true conclusion. So what does that say to me? People like Poke-Earth being in trouble. But over the years activity has declined and we even lost a bunch of prominent people who used to basically define the event as it is. You know who they are. People with really low member numbers on this new, non Proboard forum.

Fact is, this place is dead while a War or Team RP isn't going on. It just is. This is sad, but true. I'm basically a ninja on Elite, only coming for War events and Team RPs. I basically have nothing to do here otherwise because the RP section is very inactive as is, with even GOOD RPs dieing out cause of lack of activity, and I'm not tied down to the forum. I'm sure if I quietly quit nobody would mourn my loss as they did other more prominent members.

But I don't wanna do that. This place is still fun for the couple months that the War runs. It's just that since I only can help my team in the RP, I quickly have to go inactive as well once the Season ends. People just don't have a drive to continue War RPs past the point period anymore. It's not my fault. I'm not gonna play with myself, so to speak. That's a fanfic, and there's a section for that.

So here's an idea I had. I'd like to try something different. Something that will hopefully mean a War/Team RP continues to pull interest after the points period.

I have contacted metal sonic, the main guy around here who makes Sonic RPs, and wanna collaborate with him. He has yet to get back to me, but if I have to write the plot myself I will. Why? Because I'd like to try something. Let's do a crossover this year. What if Pokemon started appearing in the Earth where Sonic is? No, not Mobius his original planet, but what I call Sonic-Earth. A world much like ours, but also not. That's the basic idea, but it doesn't really have to be Sonic. I think a crossover with a popular fandom would ignite the Wars again. Maybe do a new fandom every year until we run out, or do something like SSB where many fandoms mix. Call it War (Or Team) RP: Rifts in Space and Time, and restart the numbers from I.

We have that fandom's world, and by some freak accident, spacetime rifts are opened, Pokemon start appearing in that world, and beings from that world start appearing in Poke-Earth. Organizations start to appear who have their own agendas. It's up to the Teams to decide what do do. Do we close the Rifts? Do we use the inhabitants to take over both dimensions? Do we open trade relations between the two and allow beings to intermingle? It's up to us. One thing must be clear though. We must all agree on one thing: This RP needs to finish. If there is no clear winner, nobody gets any points. Think of it like playing Quiddich in Harry Potter, except that ALL points are void until the Snitch is caught. However long it takes to declare a winner is how long the RP goes on. This ensures a conclusion to the RP, and what to do next year. And hey if it's still going on next year, good. RPs need to finish. RPs that die out are no fun.

So let's hear it. Who is interested? Who has thoughts? Who wants to kill me? Who thinks I should be banned for suggesting this heresy? I'm just trying to salvage the forum here, so I'll do the sensible thing. *impenetrable omnidirectional flameshield up*
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 05-15-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 AM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn
Default Re: Early Activity/Interest check: This year's Team RP/War Season RP

I'm rather new to the whole forums, and have never participated in a war rp, but I know just a little bit about them. Quite plainly, I like your idea, it sounds like it could be fun and interesting, and revive something that was/is a staple of this forum.

Also, very well written post.

Thing is, have any other ideas for crossovers besides Sonic? I'm not really in the mood to come up with ideas, but I certainly know which ideas I would support.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I really do not see how this is going to amp up activity, but all the luck and power to you! =D
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

I have to say I'm honored that I'd be considered for making one of these huge RPs. I definitely like the crossover idea too; I never wanted to join another War because they were all super complicated and, to be completely honest, I never understood any of the technobabble. Don't like having to get out my decoder ring and thesaurus to read an RP post xD;

BUT ANYWAYS, for the Sonic idea, Robotnik building some machine that opens up a dimensional rift isn't any different from what he usually does; he woke up a water god and a fire god and turned on a space laser with rocks xD And then it's not out of the question that someone busted the machine and made it go haywire to bring in all the Pokemon stuffs.

I'm completely open to ideas by the way, let me know if you think of anything. I'm tired right now so thinking up things isn't going to work all that well, but I'll try to get started on everything tomorrow for sure! Thanks for considering me, I'll do my best with this one!

And also, going to mention it now, I'm familiar with a lot of other fanbases as well, if you want help for ones after this one o3o
Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Let's do Sonic this year guys. There isn't any complicated made up technology, special mechanics like Jutsu, or Magic in the fandom, and really Robotnik/Eggman is the only one who has that. I'm sure it's possible to make it appeal to everyone and we have a lot of time. It would bring us back to the roots of the event, where instead of building big stuff defines the war, character abilities like speed, strength, and natural flight ability do.

Let's brainstorm publicly in this thread, metal. Gives people the chance to bring up ideas.

First of all, I have an Original Character designed to fit in Sonic-Earth. I designed it, but the art credit goes to TotodileHop AKA Rachel from Elite. He was designed to be male, but since I don't play male characters anymore I think I'll just change him to female.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Battlestar Offline

I Came to this forum around the time of when the War of last year was ending. I was very much looking forward and planned on participating in he next one. However now that I hear it is a crossover I am having second thoughts and don't feel like joining :/ I was going create my own team and bring in about 5-8 friends from smogon and serebii to participate.

Is the plot still questionable at the moment? Maybe we could continue ourselves in the post-apocalyptic plot.

Think you have what it takes to hang out with the baddest on PE2K? Then Join Team Rocket Corporation!

Join Today!!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...hp?groupid=954
Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Let's do Sonic this year guys. There isn't any complicated made up technology, special mechanics like Jutsu, or Magic in the fandom, and really Robotnik/Eggman is the only one who has that. I'm sure it's possible to make it appeal to everyone and we have a lot of time. It would bring us back to the roots of the event, where instead of building big stuff defines the war, character abilities like speed, strength, and natural flight ability do.

Let's brainstorm publicly in this thread, metal. Gives people the chance to bring up ideas.

First of all, I have an Original Character designed to fit in Sonic-Earth. I designed it, but the art credit goes to TotodileHop AKA Rachel from Elite. He was designed to be male, but since I don't play male characters anymore I think I'll just change him to female.
HELL. YES.

I love you guys. The whole idea of Sonic and Pokemon being mixed...Well, that's what me and Michelle8936 have been doing in our fan fic (Eternity of Time) for the last 3 years. It is VERY doable, and a lot of fun, if executed correctly (we've hit a brain block |D ). I fully support this idea, but I'm so role playing as Shadow >.> I can match his personality very well XD

I'm a bit surprised I wasn't asked, considering Eternity of Time and everything XD But then again, Metal does make a lot of role plays...

Still, need help with villains, I can help there. Not as good as Metal, but plot lines I can do...*Goes to thinking*

Hmmm...I was planning on retiring Skye. But for a War role play...I think I'll give him one last run. He hasn't even debuted in his story yet |D And, to honor the last War I was in, I think I'll bring in Triple T. from the Armada. Maybe a different version, but her. She was so much fun to do.

Wow. I got really excited for some reason. I'm over tired too - it's 2:07 AM here XD

EDIT: And yeah, dying out is annoying. Me and Lusankya had plans for our Armada ships, and they never came to fruition...Of course, my plans were very dark and borderline disturbing. FWEE~

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 02-19-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Battle, the War has been basically the same with little variation for a while now. Counting team RPs, unless I count wrong, there have been around four or more post-apocalyptic settings. It's REALLY time to give it a rest. We need to do something different.

Grass TT would have no place in this. Cool character, but sentient machines are limited to Robotnik creations. If you're going to pull that, you'd basically be breaking the rules. I do NOT want giant machines in the hands of most players defining the RP. No projects, no huge unending NPC armies. Use your character and a small squad. It ruins things otherwise. Let metal throw stuff at us. I've seen it. He's good at playing Robotnik.

You REALLY don't wanna know what I never got to do with Renita. Was crazy stuff I swear. Let it rest. If you do somehow manage to derive TT in the Sonic world and make it make sense, I WILL find a way to pull Renita (post-deriving her entire story) through a rift and put you down. Hard. Let's just agree to not go there ok?

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-19-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Battle, the War has been basically the same with little variation for a while now. Counting team RPs, unless I count wrong, there have been around four or more post-apocalyptic settings. It's REALLY time to give it a rest. We need to do something different.

Grass TT would have no place in this. Cool character, but sentient machines are limited to Robotnik creations. If you're going to pull that, you'd basically be breaking the rules. I do NOT want giant machines in the hands of most players defining the RP. No projects, no huge unending NPC armies. Use your character and a small squad. It ruins things otherwise. Let metal throw stuff at us. I've seen it. He's good at playing Robotnik.

You REALLY don't wanna know what I never got to do with Renita. Was crazy stuff I swear. Let it rest. If you do somehow manage to derive TT in the Sonic world and make it make sense, I WILL find a way to pull Renita (post-deriving her entire story) through a rift and put you down. Hard. Let's just agree to not go there ok?
Harrumph. If you ask me half of Eggy's machines go insane one way or another anyway XD *Pokes Omega* Yeah, I just called you insane, bub.

Also, she prefers the nickname Triple T, not TT. Maybe TTT. ...Looks like pillars.

Well, I'll work her into a story or another roleplay one day. She's too awesome to not use, and she's one of my favorite spontaneous character creations I've ever made. Good practice for an insane character, too. At least I can make references that no one will understand but me XD So if one of my characters shies away from a random train and states they don't want to go on a roller-coaster, there is her cameo. Because cameos are harmless and I give Grassy Points to those who can spot them. (Disclaimer: Grassy Points don't have any value other than to make me realize you spend too much time remembering what I say. Creeper.)

I do have to agree though, post apocalyptic is really overdone @.@ Why not have a lush prairie and a bustling city? <3 More fun to blow that up >.>
Old 02-20-2012, 03:58 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

So. I'm mostly dead here, but it's because the two things I did here died; URPG moved to BMG and the RP section slowly languished from many sub-par RPs, while all the decent ones were ignored or died very soon after starting.

If we could somehow jump-start the RPing section I would probably be active a lot more around here. In terms of WAR/Team RP (so sue me Bron, too used to WAR lol), making crossovers sounds fun. A Sonic one sounds interesting, no doubt, but I wanna ask something.

WAR and Team RPs tend to be rather dark by nature, with death and dying usually being a major role in them. Would that be the case with this as well? Pokemon is easy enough to work killing and murder into, but Sonic? It would be epic if we could pull it off.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Jess there is no reason to say WAR. Please, try to stop using it. It's not right. Please.

It is a shame that even good roleplays can't get off the ground here. If this doesn't work out, we can always run the RP that comes out of this discussion on Serebii as a non Team-based RP, but let's try not to do that.

Pokemon is easy to work killing and murder into? We have just had good practice. Pokemon is, on the surface, a kid's show/game and isn't really designed for it. Honestly, killing and murder of NPCs can be worked into any plot. The creative killing, and eventually reviving, of player characters is what's been a major role in some of the recent Team based events.

Also since when has URPG moved to Bulba? Isn't it just in a zombie state here like everything else? Last I heard it just branched.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Kinda hard to stop calling it what I'm used to calling it, and what does it matter either way? :P War is WAR is war, right?

Anyways, I suppose you have a point about the whole "having practice" thing for making death just another part of Pokemon. Then again it just sorta fits if you think about it for a moment. I mean really think about the reality of Pokemon; they're basically living WMDs. A good 90% can kill you without even trying. I suppose a few things in the Sonic world could kill you pretty easily too, namely Robotnik's wonderfully maniacal creations, but it's not as easy to imagine as it is in the Pokemon world for you to die a horrible, gruesome, bloody death lol.

Hmmmm, this makes me want to bring the Major in again. I loved using him in the one RP I was in, think it was a Team RP. Yes he's from Hellsing but he can be altered a little like he was for the one RP. I do so enjoy love playing a batsh*t crazy character XD.

Also I guess "moving" is the wrong term, as we did simply expand. But it feels more like a move since the URPG was pretty much dead before expanding to BMG. As for activity, it's still fairly active from what I can see over @ BMG.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 AM
bronislav84 Offline

If you start practicing to type War, eventually it will sink in. Practice makes perfect, you know. :)

A lot of the attacks Sonic and company do are just as dangerous as what Pokemon do. This is very well illustrated in Brawl in Sonic's fighting style, though Brawl is of course an AU of a what if tournament. Or heck, just watch SonicX and see how much destruction is caused. It's just that both franchises seem to go to extreme lengths to make sure nobody is actually killed, except the flavor of the day robots. That doesn't mean we necessarily have to.

I am working with uh, somebody who shall not be named, on a pure Sonic-esque RP. If we come up with nothing concrete with this discussion, expect me to port that plot here and try to adjust it as a War season. But as of now I seem to be involved in two of these lol.

Oh, and Grassy I need Omega. Hope that doesn't mess with your stuff. We can figure something out if it does.

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-20-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Jess there is no reason to say WAR. Please, try to stop using it. It's not right. Please.

It is a shame that even good roleplays can't get off the ground here. If this doesn't work out, we can always run the RP that comes out of this discussion on Serebii as a non Team-based RP, but let's try not to do that.

Pokemon is easy to work killing and murder into? We have just had good practice. Pokemon is, on the surface, a kid's show/game and isn't really designed for it. Honestly, killing and murder of NPCs can be worked into any plot. The creative killing, and eventually reviving, of player characters is what's been a major role in some of the recent Team based events.

Also since when has URPG moved to Bulba? Isn't it just in a zombie state here like everything else? Last I heard it just branched.
Have you ever read the manga? It is incredibly easy to make Pokemon extremely dark.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM
bronislav84 Offline

No, but what are you getting at? We've been doing "extremely dark" for ten years, give or take. Are you just catching on now, or did you misread my post? Note the part where I say we've had practice, and on the surface.

Just like you don't see how this is going to amp up activity when the whole forum and the RP section is like a zombie? Not alive but not dead either.

Voices are you not reading my posts all the way through or something?

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-20-2012 at 12:58 PM.