Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [War XI]Perfect Fusion <RP>

Axel Junio the Fox
Guardian Units of Nations
Machine Shop, GUN Military Base, Central City
Affected RPers: N/A

I had just finished unpacking into the new machine shop. It had taken me a while, as usually I don't try to keep everything so organized. I put away one tool and I feel like I'll need it again just a few seconds later. Not to mention that I don't always finish everything by the end of the day, and if I pack it all up, it's sometimes tricky to remember where I left off, or what parts I had send aside to be added in later. Getting organized with to-do lists and all that stuff, to me, just wasn't worth the time. I had confidence in my memory. But since I had to pack up everything anyway for relocation, might as well get things organized.

I came across the photo of mom and dad, as well as Coco, Shanelle, and myself, after putting all the other stuff away. I really hoped they were okay, wherever they were. I wasn't so sure they would have wanted to know Central City was under heavy attack, and that the rest of this strange, new world was being ravaged by Dr. Robotnik and his army of machines. I sighed, knowing they wouldn't be worried about me. Shadow and the others, they were strong. Me, there was always something about the machines that just freaked me out. Lasers. Fast, lethal, and what they left of some people was just a nightmare. If there was any way I didn't want to die, it was by melting. It was just grotesque to the highest degree. And all that was left of their victims were unrecognizable puddles. It was that fear... that reason why I had such trouble facing up to Robotnik's machines. They always used lasers. Getting cut or shot with an ordinary gun didn't bother me as much as melting did. The thought of it was just... horrifying.

I tried to put it out of my mind by thinking of other things. For now, was dark and quiet in this new underground workshop. They had just finished it, and needed me to occupy it and get to work soon. It's been a while, but for the first time in a long time, I had a clean slate. Whatever projects weren't finished prior to the relocation were passed down to someone else. The machines were all new, along with the tools and materials. The walls were freshly painted, and all the lights were installed. The place was pretty big too, about the size of a three car garage.

I couldn't help but smile though. Sure, things were clean now, but when this place was in full operation, it wouldn't stay clean for long! Between pulling beat-up machines in here for repair, sparks from welding equipment, burn marks, and prototype construction, this place would be busy and would definitely get scrape marks, scratches, smears, all those wonderful things.

In the meantime, I tried to get familiar with the place. It was different, no doubt, with the equipment being some of the best that money could buy. I was definitely looking forward to giving this stuff a spin. Meanwhile, the raw materials and scrap metal were in bins. Looking inside, I had to smile. It was like being a kid with having as many building blocks as one could ever want.

After reading the reassignment letter, they told me they wanted me to work on prototypes. The designs, however, were going to be handled by someone else. I just had to show the designer the specifications, and maybe they could make a model that could comply to those.

The first they wanted us to work on was the GEARS project, an operation to replace and upgrade equipment and vehicles. They wanted us to first start with the planes. My guess was the Blue Eagles and the Vulkan Fighters that were currently in operation were a bit shabby. Didn't take too much to blow them up, and that was a problem. As a pilot myself, I could imagine relying only on evasive maneuvers alone couldn't have been too comforting. Planes needed to be able to take a few hits and have the offensive firepower to lay the hurt on Robotnik's machines, whether they were the big guys, or just the swarms of little ones. That was definitely something I needed to mention to Renee. These new planes were going to need at least three weapons. A pair of vulcan guns to cut through the little guys that just seemed to get in the way would be ideal. Besides that, mounted rocket pods to deal damage to the bigger stuff, or to send into the swarms and blow up a bunch of them at once. I was thinking four in total, two on each side for standard, straight-fire, and the other two would be lock-on guidance system rocket. And third, bombs for dropping on ground targets. I jotted all that down so Renee would have a good idea of where to get started with coming up with the design.

Armor was always a tricky matter. It was nice to have planes absorb and take on the damage and still keep in fighting, but they still needed to get around quickly, and not be too bulky. Those robots were fast, and of course, we needed to be faster. So, the planes needed to be the perfect balance between offensive capabilities, armored protection, and agility. Thankfully, I was more than capable of doing the math to make sure nothing would fall apart or any other unpleasant surprise would spring up. There always had to be tradeoffs though. No machine could be perfect. There were the fast and fragile, or the slow but burly. Sure, giving stuff the high tech treatment was ideal, but it was impossible to make a machine perfect. But that wouldn't stop us from making it great with the newest in innovations and technology.

I had browsed the schematics and blueprints for the Blue Eagles and the Vulkan Fighters. They were good, but they could have used some work to get them up to speed with some of Robotnik's current equipment. For one thing, using linked armor with attraction coils to disperse shots from laser and energy weapons would give it an edge. We had the capacitors to do that, and if implemented correctly, we could actually have our planes absorb the damage and use the channeled energy for something else, possibly a fourth weapon to discharge the stored energy in the form of a reprisal attack. I didn't want to keep storing energy in the battery compartments, which would cause it to overload and possibly detonate. The pilot needed something to discharge the excess energy safely.

While the armaments weren't too hard to figure out, designing the whole thing alone was tricky. Nowadays, building a model out of cardboard wasn't as sophisticated as using a computer 3D model, and that's where having a designer's help would be great when it came to this. I hadn't met the designer yet, but I was hoping they would be good, friendly, and would take these notes into consideration. I could make some tweaks here and there to support the design and to make sure it was fit to fly, but generally, I just didn't have the time, experience, and software knowledge to hop onto a 3D modeling program to conjure up what the idea was into a physical model.

After looking at the plans and the checklist I had made as improvements over the original design, I figured it would be a pretty good start. It should be enough for the designer to get started with the design, and once they had something, I could begin work on constructing the prototype.

I was looking forward to it.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

(Permission to bunny Omega granted by Bron)

[Commander] Shadow the Hedgehog
Central City
Affected RPers: Sabi (Astrailyx), Bron (Omega), Sight (K'Sariya), Dr Robotnik (Adorabot :P)

Everything felt so quiet. He heard noise, but it was hard to focus on it, as if he was underwater. His breathing was labored but steady, and his heart - well, it didn't change much. It was beating a little faster than normal, but that was highly likely due to adrenaline and the fact he had a machine explode in his face before he got kicked to the curb. Honestly, this wasn't truly the worst condition he'd been in...At least, he didn't think it was. Shadow's mind was hazy at best, and memories were faint and difficult to drag to the surface as his consciousness struggled to remain dominant. There was no guarantee he would even succeed, for as he lost blood, the functions of his body began to falter and fail, and the brain suffered the most because of it. It could not get air. It was suffocating, losing focus, falling into darkness...And willpower could only stay the descent for so long before the body was unable to continue.

He twitched as he felt pressure on his back, and instinctively tried to turn and lash out at whatever was causing it. Problem was, he was so exhausted that he did little more than lifting his head up about an inch off the ground and a low growl before his energy gave out. The energy was cool, and somewhat soothing...It reminded him strongly of ice on a burn, although unlike the frozen substance it did not suddenly get too cold. He felt it searching around, finding one of the areas where his back was screaming in agony, and suddenly he felt a pull followed by a tinge of pain. Removing the glass brought little relief, for even though it could no longer stab at him from the inside, it allowed more blood to free itself of its fleshy confines. Which was absolutely dandy, because it wasn't like he needed it to survive or anything.

More talking. He strained his ears to hear...He heard "K'sariya" and some other names he didn't recognize. What caught him off guard, however, was the voice and the words at the end. “You’re going to be okay…” He knew that soft, light voice. Astrailyx...She's here? Isn't it dangerous for her? She could get hurt...Or hit with energy that damages her. ...And she's going to chew me out too... He wasn't too keen on that. As powerful as he was, she was stronger in terms of sheer energy, knowledge...And she was a woman. Men could never win against them when angry. One just had to watch Sonic react to an infuriated Amy to see just how deeply ingrained the fear could get. However, he realized that she was the one who had started removing the shards, and hoped she would forgive him for his growl earlier.

Making a final effort, he returned his attention to the Director, straining his ears to make out the muddled words as he was further away than Astrailyx. "Then we share a motivation. An unfortunate thing, being driven by the past. Another unfortunate thing is to judge a power by it's military. As for Robotnik's lies... well, I believe you yourself know how true that statement is Shadow. As for my enhanced strength, were it not for the cybernetics in my body I would have died quite a long time ago." Cybernetics...Peh...I knew it... But what did he mean? What had happened to the Director to make him choose the side of evil? He wished he could ask. What truly caught his attention was the mention of how he knew the truth of the lies. Doctor Robotnik...Rather, Eggman...Had always lied to him. Tried to convince him he was an android, a copy, a fake!

And then, a robot. It was square shaped and on a single wheel, along with a single eye. He let out a warning growl - prompting another set of coughing - as it approached, putting down an odd machine in front of him and spouting something about it being able to accelerate healing, before handing a map to the energy dragon about refugee centers. I smell a trap. Especially since they were apparently gifts from the Director, who quickly stated he could not stay anymore and left...On something that reminded Shadow of a mechanical magic carpet. However, the robot remained, as well as the machine...Which was so very close to his face. He wanted it gone.

"Scanning new targets." Thank Chaos for Omega. He would be able to determine if the "gifts" were truly gifts. "Scans complete. Device confirmed to be medical in origin and the statement of accelerating healing appears to be correct. Eggman robot is confirmed to be medical in nature and minimum threat level; empty syringes prevent it from being classified as harmless. No communication unit detected." He heard Omega shift slightly. "Termination recommended."

"...No..." It was so difficult to talk, and his vision was shutting down again. "...Omega...Take both of them...Back to base for study...And questioning..." I can't...Keep my eyes open anymore...But... He felt so confused. So immensely confused. Why, after all of this, was the Director helping them? Was he a double agent? No...It did not feel like that... "No harm is to come to it...Am I...Understood?" Pitiful as he was in this state, he demanded respect. He was still alive, and had every right to enforce his rules on others. But he knew Omega would listen to him, as well, no matter how much he disliked it. They had forged an uncanny friendship that wouldn't easily be broken. The hedgehog flicked his ear towards Astrailyx. "...Stop...Stop worrying...I'm just a little hurt..." He was slipping back into the darkness.

Maybe if he closed his eyes and focused on hearing instead, it would help...?

Unit 05-000 Jais
Destroyed Portion of Central City
Affected Rpers: Any GUN Agent with an open channel for distress calls :P

Clunk.

> Reboot Initiated

> Running Diagnostic

> Engine Malfunction Detected
- Damage Level: 73%

> Air Disc Malfunction Detected
- Damage Level: 47%

> Shield Generator Malfunction Detected
- Damage Level: 92%

> Machine Gun Malfunction Detected
- Damage Level: 34%
- Ammo Undamaged
- 500 Rounds Remaining
- 6 Tranquilizer Darts Remaining

> Internal Power Core Malfunction Detected
- Damage Level: 65%
- Energy Output Moderate

> Communication Unit Malfunction Detected
- Damage Level: 26%

> Optical Sensor Operating at Full Capacity

> Audio Unit Operating at Full Capacity

> Ventilation Ports Malfunction Detected
- Damage Level: 18%

> Activation Initiated
- Optical Sensor
- Audio Unit

A dim red light lit up the darkness of the area, coated in rubble from the original merge of the worlds. It scanned the area, noting various other fallen machines - of similar make but not nearly as complicated or matching in color scheme - as well as an every so faint light from above...And dust. A lot of dust. Oh, how the machine hated dust. How long was I out? It couldn't judge, and calculations wouldn't work since it had no idea to judge time from its current position. It was damaged, and in dire need of repairs, but its Air Disc...It was risky, but it had to try. Activating the device hidden within the dome, it began to spin, sending up a shower of sparks at it flung rocks into the distance, echoing off the walls of the destroyed basement. Letting out a loud cough, the machine lifted into the air somewhat unsteadily, hovering a few feet off the ground. Rotating around, it could not see much.

"Oh Jais dear boy, wot did you get yourself into?" The machine spoke, voice distinctly British. It popped at first from lack of use, but quickly resumed normal function. "This place 'as gone to the dogs, as they say. 'Ow pitiful." Searching his memory banks, he recalled being stationed in Central City...He had come to this area to spend time with more of his kind - Beetles - and also to have a romantic night with...

Delilah!

Swerving wildly and using his memory banks as a reference, he spotted a familiar tinge of pink amidst the rocks. Lowering himself, he used the machine gun mounted on his front to nudge it. Pressing harder despite the groans of his drive unit, it finally gave way and slide off. It revealed the beautiful frame of a Mono Beetle - one very much like himself but lacking any sort of armament, defensive or otherwise - clad in rose colors and lined with gold. Oh, that she was a thing of glory, so magnificent and vibrant and wonder and...

Shaking himself, he lowered himself to tap ever so softly on her. "Delilah, my dear, wake up." Waiting, he was sure she was running a reboot like he was. After a few minutes passed, however, he tapped again. "Delilah, please my love, activate your optical sensor so you can gaze upon your mighty Jais once more." She was probably just taking longer to run and get back to working order. Yes, that was it. Surely. She will be so 'appy to see me, and as will I to see 'er! Why, he even hummed to himself, a light sturdy tune that filled the void of dusk around them.

And yet, she did not wake.

Starting to panic, he decided to activate his communication unit - annoyed as it filled with some static and crackled due to the damage sustained - and try to find some help. "'Ello? Contacting G.U.N. 'eadquarters...Anyone there? This is Unit 05-000, Jais. I 'ave no recollection on 'ow long I 'ave been offline. Unit 05 Delilah is with me, but remains offline. I cannot wake 'er. Please, I am badly damaged and require repairs...I cannot get my love out of 'ere! Please, anyone 'ho can respond, please!" He hesitated for a moment. "I do not recall much. There was a flash, and I was knocked offline. Transmitting coordinates now. I will keep my communication unit online, despite damage, so any 'eroic rescuers can remain in contact."

And all the while, he remained hovering, ignoring the irritating grinding noise and occasional sparks the disc threw off. His love for the other sentient machine far exceeded his own need to rest.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Stella Marino
Eggman Empire
Heading for the outskirts of Lilycove
Affected RPer: Possibly Winter

Screw stealth, screw it she was out of here!

She had been knocked out of her invisibility by a lucky bolt of electricity slamming into Lola, an now that she had beenseent he whole city was going into alert mode. Thank gods she was nearing the outskirts or else she would be in major, major trouble. Stella bolted down the alleys, twisting and turning because the streets were too filled with robots for her to get through easily. She could hear whirring and shouting, all of them trying to find her. Lola was a comforting presence nearby, the chilly air following her to her right.

When she burst into the daylight she was faced down by four robots, who immediately turned to her. "TARGET SIGHTED. CAPTURE." They started to lunge for her.

"Lola!" she cried out as the ghost appeared. "Thunder Wave!" Lola hissed and launched a wave of electricity at the robots, causing them all to short circuit and fall to the ground in heaps. Stella leaped over them and continued running, listened to the shouts of other robots in the distance as they tried to chase her. She pulled a Heavy Ball from her belt and held it tightly in her hand, ready to release it if need be. "Just five more minutes," she muttered as she turned out of the alley, searching for pursuers.

Odin and Fenrir
Eggman Empire
Outside Slateport City
Affected RPers: Hellsing

The howl almost made Odin jump out of his skin, and he glanced around wildly for the source of the sound. The robots and the Venusaur seemed just as confused as he did, and he threw out his mind to search for others. e immediately detected another presence nearby, intelligent, and ready to jump into the battle to defeat the robots. He had an ally, then. Not a split second later a large...canine jumped out of the nearby woods and landed in fornt of them. “Come meet your end, shackled souls. I will free you so that you may find peace instead of being trapped in these twisted metal bodies Robotnik has chained you to!” The wolf shouted before it, no she, shot enrgy out her palms, which made some of the robots explode.

She talked. How could she talk? And she had a very humanish body, two legs and arms and standing upright. Odin soon realized that that wasn't the point, and that she was helping him and that's all that did matter at the moment. A Badnik leaped for him and he threw out his hand, concentrating. The robot was instantly surrounded by a light blue glue and thrown backwards into a tree with such force that it instantly exploded. Internally, Odin was grateful for the help. It was so much easier for him to take out single enemies in a quick, successful fashion than make huge waves that would hit multiple targets.

He heard and irriated growl and turned to see Fenrir firing his arm cannon at the Venusaur, causing the dinosaur to roar in pain and stumble back. The andriod was fighting to get free of the sludge that was coating him, but it was quickly drying and becoming sticky, hindering his movements. Still he slashed at it with his spear, and the energy blade burned right throught he stuff. Odin saw his chance and threw out his hand again and narrowed his eyes, the bluish glow starting to flood out of them. Fenrir may have been immune to his telepathy, bu telekinesis worked just fine on him.

"What?" Fenrir asked as he was suddnely picked up as if by an invisible hand. "Let me go!" he yelled, but he was thrown backwards into a tree. And then another. Odin tossed him back and forth for a while, making sure he was properly disoriented before blasting him with his mind. Fenrir disappeared, crashing through the forest as if he had just been shot out of a cannon, and Odin turned back around to the Badniks. He picked up two more and crushed them with his mind and ran to the wolf's side. "Is this a friend of yours?" he asked, pointing to the injured pokemon and throwing a Badnik at the same time.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 06-20-2012, 02:43 AM
2gamers Offline

Zippy Lane
Park Lords
Affected RPers: Dr. Robotnik (Lamda)

This was all very strange to Zippy Lane. After fighting several robots intent on doing her and her pokemon harm, this Lamda character was actually quite courteous. As a matter of fact, she was surprised that the thing could actually talk! After the robot freed himself from the grass, Lamda kindly offered the girl sanctuary in a refugee camp within Cherrygrove. He sure was making things sound rather normal, as if nothing that happened in the past three weeks ever happened. She’d be lying to herself if anything he said didn’t tempt her to follow Lamda into the city. Zippy certainly wanted to be with other people after being alone for so long. After spending three weeks in the wilderness, a hot spring would hit the spot for her weary body.

But she could not accept, not after what happened to Pallet Town. She figured this was some sort of trap, in which Lamda would lead her into some robot factory and get chopped up into robot food or something. No matter how nice this Lamda was, Zippy stood her ground.

“No way,” Zippy replied to Lamda, her confidence fueling her anger. “I saw what you guys did to everyone in Pallet Town. You expect me to believe that everyone is living happily underground and soaking in hot springs?! I’m not some tin head who will follow whatever you say.”

With that, the junior ranger pulled out one of her pokeballs, specifically the one holding her emolga. She held out the device, threatening to unleash the electric pokemon upon Lamda.

“Now give me one good reason why me and Shaveh shouldn’t just turn you into a tea set…?”

Zippy had taken a quick glance back, only to realize that she was alone in this field. Was Shaveh still hiding? Maybe he was lost? Or maybe he ran into trouble of the robotic kind. Suddenly, Zippy’s bravado started to wane.

“Shaveh! Get over here and help me out!” the ranger shouted, not knowing that her pleas were falling on deaf ears.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:43 AM
2gamers Offline

Zippy Lane
Park Lords
Affected RPers: Dr. Robotnik (Lamda)

This was all very strange to Zippy Lane. After fighting several robots intent on doing her and her pokemon harm, this Lamda character was actually quite courteous. As a matter of fact, she was surprised that the thing could actually talk! After the robot freed himself from the grass, Lamda kindly offered the girl sanctuary in a refugee camp within Cherrygrove. He sure was making things sound rather normal, as if nothing that happened in the past three weeks ever happened. She’d be lying to herself if anything he said didn’t tempt her to follow Lamda into the city. Zippy certainly wanted to be with other people after being alone for so long. After spending three weeks in the wilderness, a hot spring would hit the spot for her weary body.

But she could not accept, not after what happened to Pallet Town. She figured this was some sort of trap, in which Lamda would lead her into some robot factory and get chopped up into robot food or something. No matter how nice this Lamda was, Zippy stood her ground.

“No way,” Zippy replied to Lamda, her confidence fueling her anger. “I saw what you guys did to everyone in Pallet Town. You expect me to believe that everyone is living happily underground and soaking in hot springs?! I’m not some tin head who will follow whatever you say.”

With that, the junior ranger pulled out one of her pokeballs, specifically the one holding her emolga. She held out the device, threatening to unleash the electric pokemon upon Lamda.

“Now give me one good reason why me and Shaveh shouldn’t just turn you into a tea set…?”

Zippy had taken a quick glance back, only to realize that she was alone in this field. Was Shaveh still hiding? Maybe he was lost? Or maybe he ran into trouble of the robotic kind. Suddenly, Zippy’s bravado started to wane.

“Sh-Shaveh! Get over here and help me out!” the ranger shouted, not knowing that her pleas were falling on deaf ears.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:46 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Axel Junio the Fox
Destroyed Sector of Central City
Affected RPers: Grassy Aggron (Unit 05-000 Jais)

After finishing the checklist, I knew I was going to need that designer before moving forward. Everything was prepared for them to at least get started. Well, I figured that much was done and ready to go.

And then, my communication radio went off. There was some static at first, but I knew that wasn't on my end. I had this thing pretty much perfected. And then, I heard a voice...

"Ello?" The voice stated. "Contacting G.U.N. 'eadquarters...Anyone there? This is Unit 05-000, Jais. I 'ave no recollection on 'ow long I 'ave been offline. Unit 05 Delilah is with me, but remains offline. I cannot wake 'er. Please, I am badly damaged and require repairs...I cannot get my love out of 'ere! Please, anyone 'ho can respond, please!" He hesitated for a moment. "I do not recall much. There was a flash, and I was knocked offline. Transmitting coordinates now. I will keep my communication unit online, despite damage, so any 'eroic rescuers can remain in contact."

"Hey, this is Axel, I've got this," I spoke into the radio, confirming that receipt just in case someone else was listening in on the same channel. "Hang tight, I'm en route to your location. Over and out."

Ah man, and I just finished unpacking. Well, I figured the portable toolkit would be able to help. I looked around and packed up whatever would be good for a portable repair job. There was plenty in the repair truck as well, so I figured I could get by pretty well with the stuff and spare parts that were in there.

I left the machine shop and headed into the repair truck, taking with me the communication PDA device. I had the coordinates sent to me by Jais, now I just needed to get there. After unlocking the door, jumping in, closing the door behind me, and turning on the ignition, I headed out of the garage and drove through Central City.

The destroyed sector, the aftermath of the attack, was a wreck. I sighed, driving through the messed-up streets and the debris. Often, I had to take another road to get around massive piles of concrete and twisted steel. Meanwhile, I was wary about any stray Badniks around. So far, it seemed the coast was clear, but yeah, you never really did know with those things. Some of them were diabolically sneaky. And fast...

Repairing Central City was going to take a long time. Months, if not years. I could help with the machines, but repairing structures just wasn't my thing. Sure, I knew a few things about structural engineering, but my forte was machines, robotics, and electronics. Still, what a mess. Geez, there were days where I just wanted to walk up to Robotnik and really sincerely ask him if he really thought this was all worth it. I just wished he had a heart and a conscience. Nothing good could ever arise from something like this.

Eventually, I arrived at the location. I found a large domed machine with a light machine gun using a belt-fed ammo system, which I figured must have been a hybrid model of a Beetle unit. Meanwhile, it was painted black and red, with the numbers 05 painted on the helmet. It was still operations, but geez, it was a real mess. I got as close as I could, parking the truck close to the fallen robot. I then opened up the back doors, shut off the engine, and stepped out, being very wary about any enemy robots that may still be in the area.

Jais was quite a wreck. Had he been a living person, he'd definitely have to go to the emergency room. Thankfully, the equivalent of open-heart surgery to a robot wasn't so time-sensitive.

"Well, let's take a look at you," I said to him, trying to assess the damage. "Yeah, they really got you good, but I think I can handle it. Sit tight, this make take a while."

First thing I noticed about Jais was his engine block was a train wreck. I'd have to take it out to really do a good job on it. Meanwhile, the shield generator was nearly liquefied goop. I tested it to make sure it wasn't still hot, and once I confirmed it was cool, I removed it. It was too damaged to salvage and well beyond repair. I figured I could build him a new one with the parts I had.

After removing the engine, I got to work fixing the block and replacing the badly damaged camshaft. Most of the bearing caps were still intact, but the harmonic damper was a goner. Thankfully, I had a spare one of those, which I inserted into the engine block. For the connecting rod, it was snapped in half, but with a little work, I was able to reconnect it. The rest of the parts were mostly okay, but whatever was too damaged for repair, I replaced. I definitely needed to make myself a mental note to replace the truck's part stock after this.

Jai's shield generator was of the A1-XI type. I searched in the back of the truck, and figured I could get a TSG3 model to work with his unit. For him, it would be a bit of an upgrade, but I was going to have to modify his internal XU-Defuser unit and his AXON Regulator to adjust to the new calibration. That would only take a minute or two. Truthfully, most repair jobs would have forced most repairmen to have to bring him back to the shop, but thankfully, with a steady hand, that wasn't necessary. I could do it right here, just as long as I wasn't being attacked...

With some work, I managed to get the TSG3 model installed. After testing it, things seemed to be working okay. Still, with the internal power core the way it was, it wasn't going to be at its full potential. I quickly put on a pair of heat-resistant gloves, and removed the power core for its. Jais would have to enter a sleep state, as it was impossible for me to work on it while it was in operation.

After examining the power core, I quickly realized it was the LJ1M model. It could still work at a moderate, limited capacity, but I knew working for too long in a damaged state would only make it worse over time, and could damage it further even just by going through normal operations. I had to take it apart, and the internal components were definitely still hot. Some of the metal plates had been melted, so I quickly found some suitable metal to replace them, carefully made the replacement parts, and installed them. A lot of the wires were ripped apart, but I was able to track which ones were still good, and which ones needed to be replaced. Some of them were on the fence, but I wasn't going to take chances. Wires were like the veins and arteries of a machine. Definitely not worth tossing the dice with.

After around ten minutes worth of careful, intricate, and resourceful work, I managed to get the internal power core fixed. The communication unit was mostly okay, but there were a few severed connections in the circuit board leading up to the uplink and wireless units. Whatever components and transistors were no good anymore were extracted and replaced. Didn't take too long, no sweat. Once that was fixed up, I put it back and reinstalled it.

The belt-fed machine gun wasn't too beat up, but it was in no condition to fire. As it was, the chamber was jammed, and the hammer needed to be replaced. A few of the smaller parts could be easily fixed, and readjusting the frame of the weapon ensured it would fire straight. I figured while I was here, I added a few tweaks to reduce the recoil and increase the weapon's reliability.

Thankfully, Jais's CPU, memory unit, and his motherboard were still intact. I would have hated to have to give a robot like this a new personality. To me, that was like replacing someone's brain. They'd never be the same. Meanwhile, the hull damage was pretty severe, but it wasn't anything I couldn't fix. Some mechanists might be overwhelmed at it, but me, well, at least it wasn't a gaping wound with gushing blood coming out of it.

The ventilation ports were just a bit damaged. I figured I could replace the exhaust tubing, as well as the ventilation grills. The Air Disc also needed to be taken out and disassembled. I cleaned up the mess and replaced the KX-AS4 unit. Repairing that might take too long out here, and I had a spare anyway. After fixing it up, I reinstalled it into the body, and hooked it back up.

Everything else seemed to be okay. Once everything was back in operation, Jais would reawaken and probably feel refreshed and well-rested, as if waking up for a coma. I wasn't sure how exactly it would feel like to a robot... nor was I in any hurry to find out myself!

"Looks like you're good to go, Jais," I told him with a smile, patting the machine on the side. "Now, let's see what I can do for your friend there."

I headed over to the pink Mono Beetle. Oddly enough, it was missing a weapon. I wasn't sure if it was broken off and laying somewhere among the rubble or if it didn't have a weapon in the first place, but I didn't exactly have a replacement for that. I'd have to head to the armory for something the Mono Beetle could use, as I didn't have anything in the truck she could use. And right now, she was in need of repairs way more than having a gun. It looked kinda cute with the pink and gold colors, but yeah, it did take a pretty mean beating.

After opening her up, I managed to find out what shut her offline. The connection to her power core and her processing units and motherboard were ripped apart. Thankfully, her processing units and motherboard were okay, but she was lucky. A few inches and she would have been a goner, also needing a new personality. I wasn't sure if robots had guardian angels too, but this was probably a good example of one hard at work if they did!

I searched and ran a diagnostic analysis and it seemed most of her parts were okay. Just that dead connection that really did her in. A few parts were in need of replacement, but getting it all back together wasn't too much of an issue. Most of the hull damage was only trivial. Well, at least to me it was. To another repairman, she had taken a pretty mean blow and could take months to get back together. Well, thankfully, for me, I didn't have to look over her construction and schematics. Her unit and part models were fairly obvious. A few parts I had to be a bit creative to make my own in order to replace the bad ones, but they worked great. After repairing her, I initiated her startup sequence, and she was back online.

"Well, looks like you guys are going to be okay," I smiled to them both, happy I could help. "You let me know if something needs adjusting. And yeah, stay out of harm's way if you can. Well, I've got to head back to the shop, but let me know if there's anything else you need."

Thankfully, I hadn't been attacked by any Badniks during the repair. I wasn't sure if they were still around, but the whole area was quiet and somber in an eerie way. We had lost a lot of good people in this assault, and I knew plenty of soldiers gave their lives to protect Central City. I wish it didn't have to be like this, but sometimes, there were those that came into power... those that really shouldn't have. The kinds that felt the truth and what was right and wrong was whatever they said it was. I just really couldn't stand those kinds of people...

But hopefully, one step at a time, we'd make things right. Among a broken city with countless dead bodies, twisted metal, ripped open streets, shattered glass, broken concrete and endless clouds of dust, this machine, this GUN Beetle hybrid, understood the value of hope and compassion, along with the value of appreciation and living creatures. It understood the power of love and friendship, and what it means to protect the ones you love like it did for this Mono Beetle.

And when I looked to the sky... maybe someday, maybe tomorrow in another time, another place, all machines would understand that precious value... to learn how to love... and forever delete what taught them to hate...

And if machines could do that... maybe we could too...

Old 06-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Schrodinger Salvo
Revolution Uprising
RU Headquarters - Sinnoh Fight Area
Affected Roleplayers: Fight Zone People.

Schrodinger could fight a lot of things. He could fight people, he could fight robots, and he could fight these 'Pokemon' creatures, although the latter was to a lesser extent.

He could not fight explosions.

As soon as the first robot began to self-destruct, Schrodinger recognized the pattern. This was when the distraction was over and it was time to start doling out the heavy losses. "Get back inside!" he snarled. "Seal the doors! They're going to continue to self-destruct until they're all gone! And unless you want to be blown to bits -"

Although he continued backing away - sniping as many of the robots as he could, before they could kill the first thing within range - he stopped speaking. The Pokemon was contacting him once more. Quickly and curtly, it informed him that Chakram was dead and that Heatran had been captured.

"Sh*t!" Schrodinger gasped. He was swearing at the news, too, he supposed, although his initial motivation was the trio of badniks that began to rush straight for him. He just barely managed to kill them all in time. Trying to make his tail stop poofing, he relayed the Pokemon's intel to Cadence. This was a bad day for the Uprising.

Alice Card
Revolution Uprising
Stark Mountain.
Affected Roleplayers: Just Socrates's Pokemon now.

"You're too late. We've captured Heatran..."
The words echoed in Alice's head, rolling around in a tumble of shock and disbelief. Oracle's shock mingled with hers, and Garda let out a snarl of rage. But there was nothing they could do. Raine was already practically gone on her Salamence, and there was no way in hell Alice was going to risk her Pokemons' necks to stop her. But then, out of nowhere, something even more ominous appeared in the sky: a black-and-red Pokemon with spindly tentacle arms and a glowing violet gem in its chest. Alice flopped down, her legs going limp as disbelief crushed her. How could this have happened?

Without warning, a black beam of energy shot from Deoxys's gem. It struck Dragonite, who went down into the center of its own storm. The Deoxys then released a black cloud from its chest, hiding its retreat. Alice must have blacked out, because a second later she was sprawled out on the ground with her fists and the rock immediately in front of her somewhat bloodied. All of her Pokemon, save for Alto, Liberty, and Gretchen, crowded around her, looking concerned. She shook her head, despondent.

"They got Heatran," Alice said quietly. Extremely vivid visions of fire ripping through the Uprising's base danced behind her eyes. Her chest tightened. Of all the Legendary Pokemon in Sinnoh, why did it have to be Heatran?

Of all the Legendary Pokemon...

Legendary Pokemon...

Alice? Oracle asked hesitantly. Alice fixed her eyes on him, wondering if he was going to try and critique the plan that was forming in her head. However, what he said was, Chakram is dead.

"What!?" Alice hooted. She stood up, looking around, trying to find where the unit commander had gone. She saw no sign of him, or any living thing besides her Pokemon and the others that had shown up unannounced.

The hurricane threw him into the sea, along with his Dragonite, said Oracle. The other surviving humans had already been killed by the badniks. Shall I send word back to base?

Alice shuddered. "Yes," she replied. "Tell them everything that's happened here. We're going back, and we're going to tear whoever's attacking them apart." She hopped onto Gretchen's back, fury seething within her. To the strange Pokemon, she called, "You lot may as well come, too. More help's always welcome." Then she recalled her Pokemon to their Pokeballs, save for Oracle and Gretchen. The latter took off with three flaps of her six mighty wings.

"Are you okay?" Gretchen rumbled. Most Trainers spent their careers interpreting body language and gestures from their Pokemon, but Alice had sunk a great deal of effort into learning Pokemon-speak.

"I'll be fine," murmured Alice. They continued to fly, the Fight Zone growing closer. As they did, gears ground in Alice Card's head. Spear Pillar, she thought, over and over again. Our next stop is Spear Pillar.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 07-02-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Issantu Ardoma • Guardian Units of Nations • Central City
if only if only the woodpecker sighs

"Oh, the day of the attack? I guess I'll start after the Badniks withdrew...

"Well, it was a gorgeous day, the sun was shining, and all was quite peaceful. Heck, if it weren't for the screams of agony and the wails of sirens in the area, it would have been absolutely beautiful! I'm quite certain that without it, you could have heard the birds... But, sadly, at times it was hard to hear much over the sound of burning city and shifting rubble."
He gives a nonchalant shrug, cheeky, pseudo-innocence creeping onto his features. "That was the day I sort of overslept and kind of... uh..." He mumbled something inaudible under his breath, glares at you when prompted to repeat, and then does it again. Finally, he's coaxed into saying: "That was the day I sort of... oversleptandmissedthewholething." He gives a cough, clearing his throat. "Like, I didn't even budge when the superlaser shaved off the top of our skyscrapers. That was how far under I was." He waves his hand in the air, shaking his head and rolling his eyes at you. "Hey, don't look at me like that! I was so doped up on pain meds that I thought I was flying around the world with star-breathing Rayquaza and a winged Musharna. Flowers were eating my head in that damn dream, give me a break. It's not my fault some douche in the training area decided to trip my Rhyherior with a Grass Knot while he was walking back toward me and make him land on my arm.

"Well, yeah, anyway. By the time I got up and rode my Garchomp, SallyMcWhat'sHerName... Okay, fine, Alanasi, over to where most of the drama was, and it sort of played out like this."
He taps a button on hovering screen of light floating before him. "Initiating author-y narration mode in three, two, one..." And then the world flashes white.

Ash and paper danced around his boots, disturbed by the masked figure's passing presence. The feather-like cords of extended hair attached to his mask bobbed up and down with each step, dark indigo cloak leaving a slight trail as it was dragged across the ground. The pale mask left his features shrouded in mystery with the exception of his glowing, dark violet right eye, the other hidden with an ebony patch. He moved slowly, carefully, his white-gloved fingers curling into a fist as he glanced around him. His left arm was bound tightly in a dark blue cast, and strapped firmly to it was a black, bullet-proof shield marred with various dents. Its form was topped with a gentle curve, and from there it jutted sharply downward into a much steeper, slightly rounding slope before coming to a center point blunt from wear.

Shrunken pupils glared out from dark azure brows, yellow eyes glaring about. A snort erupted from the bipedal Pokemon's forward-set nostrils, a three-clawed foot lifting and raking it across the ground in an irritated manner. The fin that protruded from its back was free of maimed edges, betraying its gender: female. She took another step forward to her Trainer before her, who had stopped as he had encountered a ghastly sight.

The rabbit anthromorph was covered in blood, his most notable wounds consisting of his amputated legs. That was all that the man was able to take in about the corpse before he forced himself to look away, flinching. He withdrew Alanasi, plucking another Pokeball from his belt and releasing the creature within.

The massive fox stretched leisurely, nine tails rolling and swirling about its bodice as it shook out its cream-colored fur. Claret eyes glowed dangerously as Kenya laid her gaze upon the deceased comrade before her, and then turned her sights upon her Trainer expectantly.

"Come, we're going to find the injured." By this time, Issantu's stare was trained to his right, upon the stretching lane that was laid out before him, trained on several figures in the distance, what seemed like a Volcarona and a Musharna among them. It seemed like they were alive, though, and not seriously injured, though if they were, he would leave them to their own devices. At least they had each other's company. As far as Issantu knew, there could be comrades dying alone as they sat there doing nothing. Turning toward his beloved Pokemon, he climbed onto the vixen's back, holding the shield to the side and wrapping the other arm around her neck, clenching the Ninetales' neck fur tightly. Kenya's muscles coiled, and then she sprang over the ruins of the military vehicle that lay smoking in their path.

The scene painted in your mind pauses as Issantu clears his throat, his tone lifting from his dramatic narration.

"Well, I guess that I better explain this before you all flip tables and cry foul. Let me ask you one thing. Do you know what I raised this Vulpix on from the moment she hatched out of her egg? No, you don't, so I'll tell you. Moomoo Milk. Let me ask you another thing. Do you know how rich Moomoo Milk is? If you've tasted it, you know. That stuff is insanely rich. That right there is the nectar and ambrosia of the Pokemon world for a cheap price. I wouldn't be surprised if they milk that stuff from Arceus itself. This is exactly why she's at least a foot and a half taller than a regular Ninetales. And her father is an Arcanine and her father's father is a Mamoswine. So I guess you could say it runs in the family." He gives a shrug and then goes to tap the screen once more, but pauses, finger hovering over the glowing display.

"Arceus, it was terrible," he murmurs. "To see the city streets you had walked easily down only a couple of days before covered in ash and debris. I lied about the screams of agony and the sirens. That's just it. It was so quiet." A sad sigh slipping past his lips, his finger falls, and your mind is launched back into the scene.

Silence.

The absence of sound was louder than anything he had ever heard. It was the lack of screams, the lack of sirens, the lack of anything but flickering flames that terrified him more than anything. The silence was deafening. It hurt his auds more than any ear-splitting explosion ever could.

Kenya slowed to a walk, paws setting down gently, as if her very steps held the capability to destroy this seemingly fragile world any further. She distributed her weight carefully as she padded over shards of glass both large and small. She lifted her nose into the air, ears tuned to every sound as she made an attempt to locate any survivors.

It was going to be a long day.

the bark on the trees was as soft as the skies
tagged; n/a
comments; god i love issantu.
writing with him is surprisingly fun.
he's such a derp. cx

K'sariya Damuna • Guardian Units of Nations • Central City
and the wolf waits alone hungry and lonely

K'sariya listened intently to her commanders' suggestions, blocking out the world around her as she nodded. Coaxing her winged steed further downward, she dismounted the Volcarona when Zira was a few feet from the asphalt below them. As she landed, she crumpled forward to her knees as a large shard of glass drove itself easily past the already-cut, calloused surface of her foot and directly into her heel. She gave a slight cry of pain, nails bloodied from earlier digging scraping across the rough, heated surface below her, fingers furling tightly into fists. Zira gave a worried chortle, wings brushing against her companion's back.

What a terrible day to have gone barefooted, she growled in her mind, gut tight as she made an attempt to move, despite the pain. She rolled carefully onto her rear, folding her foot quickly up to pull the large piece of glass out of her flesh. Her teeth clenched tightly together, a hiss escaping her as it finally came free. Blood rushed forth, the scarlet liquid oozing generously from the deep wound. Agh, what I would have given to have Monsoon here to wash this ou--

She rolled to her feet, the pain suddenly vanishing in her mind as striking alarm flushed her features and guilt weighted her gut. How could I have forgotten?!

"Zira... what happened to Monsoon?" she whispered urgently, turning to the Sun Pokemon, who only lowered herself further as her head drooped, her own guilt reaching her.

"He... he..." The Volcarona struggled with her words. "He lost his temper after one of the ships sunk... and he attacked Ace... but I stopped him. I stopped him, I really did. And then Ace told me to leave... Monsoon became angry with me and went back into the water," she confessed, voice desperate and filled with sorrow. "And Ace! I haven't seen him, K'sariya... I... I haven't seen him..."

The Trainer gave a sad sigh, turning her eyes downward. He's gone, Zira. The Volcarona stopped dead, wings stopping suddenly. She animated herself moments before she hit the ground, still stunned with shock.

"Oh..."

K'sariya shook her head, and then turned back to the task at hand, deciding that she'd deal with the matter of Monsoon later. "Alixra," she said simply, nodding to the Musharna, who had moved closer when she had seen her master drop to the ground in pain. The rose-colored Pokemon paused for a moment, and then drifted back over to Shadow. She was initially a bit confused by the orders (she wasn't sure which was supposed to hold the injured individual; her or Zira?), but quickly figured that it must be her, for it would probably be easier to help him if he was hovering in the air than if he was on the back of a moving creature. She used her Psychic to hold Shadow a couple of inches off of the ground as the glass was removed, so he would not be putting so much pressure on his broken ribs. She held him steady so she would not interfere with the dragon's performance. The Musharna also assumed that it would be easier to put on this 'tensor cast' when his ribs weren't smooshed under his body weight.

Meanwhile, K'sariya limped over, using Zira as support, carefully avoiding any glass that could maim her remaining good foot. Well, if you could call it 'good' any longer; it too already had several small shards lodged in it after her sprint here, but she had fairly high pain tolerance. The large shard in her other foot had been too much for her, though, and she was starting to feel the pain in both, now.

Her other Pokemon reached her, having waited until the Director had gone to cross over to her side of Shadow. Kalahaq relieved her aching soles of her own body weight as she perched upon him with a sigh of relief. She turned her gaze upon Astrailyx, carefully watching her work and uttering no other sound.

he cries to the moon if only if only
1,808 words total • tagged; Sabi {Astrailyx}, Grassy {Shadow}, bron {Omega} [minor]
comments; much more satisfied.
gaga is pleased.
me gusta.
<3
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 06-21-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Astrailyx
Guardian Unit of Nations
Central City
Affected RPer's: Grassy [Shadow], Sights [Sari], bron [Omega]

Astrailyx noted how whoever this person was, only changed the expression on her face in regards to her own lecture. She only kept looking at him unblinking the entire time, not liking him the more he stood there. When another robot appeared, the dragon was as vigilant as ever, still multitasking by having wrapped gauze around Shadow’s back to prevent any further bleeding, and was how starting to work away at a tensor cast, rather upset she still couldn’t do anything with the hunk of metal in his side. As the Director explained the device, it only raised more questions that Astrailyx wanted answers to. She looked at the blue prints for a few seconds before slowly taking them from his hands, cautious of him the entire time. What he said to Shadow, she didn’t like, and her ears remained a bit further back than they usually did until he vanished, leaving his mechanical gifts behind. She looked at them for a moment, listening to Omega’s scans as he said they weren’t a threat. With the blue print in her hand, she wasn’t sure what to think of these robots, but at least a piece of paper was harmless at the moment.

Astrailyx remembered the growl Shadow gave her earlier. Any negativity he displayed always made her a bit nervous due to the fact negative chaos energy very much messed up her entire body. At least she had built up a small resistance to it so she wouldn’t completely shut down if she tried to block it from herself. Thanks to Alixra, she was able to mend Shadow’s wounds, though they started to turn pink within a few minutes. Thankfully the salve she had stuck on the inside of them helped seal the bandages together, and would prevent further blood loss. Now there was the tricky part of getting the tensor on just right; tight enough to act as a cast but loose enough to permit the minimal about of breathing. Astrailyx had the advantage of being ambidextrous; both hands, her talons and her tail even as well. Hovering just over Shadow, she maneuvered the tensor around, holding it in place until it overlapped enough that she would no longer need to hold it in place. Getting even distribution was hard with the hedgehog’s coughing, but Astrailyx worked carefully and with gentleness.

As Shadow continued talking, Astrailyx only narrowed her gaze on him, knowing too much energy was spent talking, never mind giving orders. She wouldn’t be surprised if he obtained a concussion, but she wasn’t about to go feeling around his head for any bruised brain matter. That was just a bit too weird. The dragon thought Shadow was in no condition to make any orders, and sighed as he continued to try and do his job as he lay there in a psychic field. Astrailyx was incredibly patient, especially with Shadow but her worry for his condition was starting to wear on her mind. At least he seemed intent on staying alive, which was always a good sign. However, it was what he said next that just pushed one of those buttons she had.

"...Stop...Stop worrying...I'm just a little hurt..."

Astrailyx stopped what she was doing immediately and gave him a mild glare. In anyone’s case, you could immediately tell she was not entertained by that comment at all. Despite him showing his personality was still intact, Astrailyx could not avoid giving him a look. The statement pulled one of her strings the wrong way to such a point, she swatted him in the ear, not hard enough to hurt (though in this case, it may have been a bit sore and would hurt anyway) but well enough to get his attention.

“Stop worrying? Stop worrying?!This is exactly the reason why I do worry, and it doesn’t help the situation when you tell worried people not to worry when you find a rough gravel patch comfortable as your own body fluids dye it another colour!” Astrailyx began, making sure Shadow was hearing every single word of what she was saying. “A little hurt? No, this isn’t a little. A little is a cut, a sprain, even a small fracture in your case. Bleeding out, glass shards deep in your back as they try to become new quills, multiple fractured ribs, both complete and incomplete, your vision is going because of the blood loss, I wouldn’t be surprised if your hearing was a bit muffled as well. You have a metal piece in your hip that I can’t do anything about right now because it would do more harm than good, despite what I’d like to do with it now. You are unable to stand up where I know that even in extreme weakness you would still stand in the presence of a foe. You may have a concussion too for all I can guess but I’m not checking that in the same why I know your ribs are damaged. There also blood being coughed up every time you try to speak, which agitates your breathing and the massive expanse of your lungs in your damaged rib cage caused by it, could create the lethal issue of you puncturing a lung. It’s also expending energy you should be using to stay awake, rather than you telling me to stop worrying because you believe all of that, is just being a little bit hurt! You are in no position to tell me that, or in any position to do anything, so you focus on staying awake and not speak another word. I don’t want you to die, as does anyone else!”

As she finished her, what many would call a rant, some a lecture, her worry hit its peak. Once she realized she was acting a bit upset, she stopped and took a moment to calm down, and finish the tensor off. It wasn’t like Astrailyx to do any kind of snapping but that had pushed one of those buttons that you don’t push. Taking in a deep breath, eyes closed in order to calm herself again, she looked back at Shadow as she finished off casting his torso.

“Shadow you are unfit for duty until you heal. You’re going to get that hunk of metal removed and a lot of bed rest whether you approve or not. You may be a higher rank than me but your life outranks your own rank, so you’re stuck until you can walk again at least, so no order giving for you.” She knew that was going to hurt his pride a bit, but that’s what he got for trying to do anything while in a very critical state, and also for trying to tell her it was a little thing. “Also to just make sure you were listening, I am going to ask you about that earlier lecture mister.”

She then turned to K’sariya and Zira. Immediately noticing a slight weakness in the girls legs, she clued in that Shadow wasn’t the only one with glass lodged in him. She took a look at it from where she was hovering, thinking she could to a patch job of her own, though humans were a bit more sensitive to injuries she found than Shadow was. She stuck the medical knot over her shoulder again, drawing it across her chest and pulling her one wing through the strap.

“Thank you Alixra.” She told the Musharna. “Zira, would you mind carrying Shadow back to headquarters on your back? He needs to get that piece of metal out of him with as much haste as possible.”

She then turned to K’saryia with a soft and gentle look. “Does Zira have the ability to carry both yourself and Shadow? I may be able to patch up your cuts as well and I wouldn’t want you walking on those legs in that state, or maybe even Omega could carry you if it isn’t the case that Zira can fly both of you.”

As her nature went, she had concern for everyone. K’sariya’s Pokémon had allowed her to finish mending what she was able to do with Shadow. Astrailyx felt a bit unkind to have given Shadow that much attention, and a lecture, and to have not noticed the girl’s injuries until now. Perhaps she may have noticed them sooner if a certain hedgehog didn’t make a certain comment.

“I don’t mean to push on anyone either, but it may be best we head out as soon as possible.”
Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

K'sariya Damuna • Guardian Units of Nations • Central City
and the wolf waits alone hungry and lonely

K'sariya was suddenly sort of scared of Astrailyx. Okay, maybe not really, but she added "not ticking off Astra" to her list of "don'ts". Because if there was one thing that K'sariya couldn't take, it was being yelled at by those she cared about or the superiors that she respected. Though she would nod her head and walk away in silence, as soon as she was out of view she would, nine times out of ten, break down.

Astrailyx glanced at the cloaked woman, who flinched involuntarily upon the sudden divert in attention. She lifted her slim fingers to her face, brushing her black hair from her eyes as she listened in silence. After the harsh words delivered so strictly upon Shadow, she was almost surprised that lyrics of the same negative tone were not inflicted on her as well. Her Pokemon had a similar reaction, but both nodded in response. The Musharna lifted Shadow higher into the air until Zira could hover under him and lift herself so that he rested on her back, and then the Psychic was released and he was settled gently onto the silky fur. Zira hovered laboriously in such a manner, unsure of how to keep him from falling off.

K'sariya turned her gaze curiously about, the dragon's inquiry making her wonder why she hadn't seen Astyn yet. She looked past Shadow and saw the Hydreigon joining them, but didn't bother asking for an explanation as to why it had take the dragon longer to catch up than the Metagross. The Trainer nodded to the dark Pokemon in response.

"I have Astyn," she replied, patting the dragon. Quite truthfully, the idea of being held and flying with a robot unnerved her to extreme lengths, no matter the mecha's affiliation. She didn't show this at the slightest, only rubbed her hand down the length of Astyn's neck fondly, a slight smile curving the edges of the tight line that was her lips upward.

"I won't let him fall," she promised, using her own Psychic to project her mental voice about. "But we may want to strap him down in case he gets suicidal and rolls, she murmured a bit more quietly. It was obvious something was on her mind, but even K'sariya wasn't sure what.

"My foot can wait," K'sariya added. "This isn't near as bad when I stepped on Ikuja's Rocky Helmet because he left it lying around." A fond chuckle slipped from her, but she didn't say much more than that. Her brow furrowed with worry as she idly thought of Monsoon. What had taken down the ship? Would whatever did it hurt Monsoon? She gave a sigh, and then allowed Kalahaq to lift her up onto Astyn's back. She withdrew all of her Pokemon except for Zira, and waited for any additional instruction.

he cries to the moon if only if only
438 words • tagged; Sabi {Astrailyx}, Grassy {Shadow}, bron {Omega} [minor]
comments; quick post
just so we can get back to base
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 06-22-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:04 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

[Commander] Shadow the Hedgehog
Central City
Affected RPers: Sabi (Astrailyx), Sight (K'Sariya), Bron (Omega...Somewhat)
<Tolls of Battle>

The most peculiar sensation wrapped itself around him, one that he swore he felt before. It shrouded his entire body, shifting his weight and more or less making him feel weightless. It forced him to open his eyes once more, to see exactly what was going on. He felt something cold and damp position itself on the fiery wounds that plagued him, bringing instant and satisfying relief. There was still a dull ache, but it was nowhere near as painful as it had been before, and it made focusing on staying awake a lot easier. That being said, however, the bandages being wrapped around his body made it somewhat difficult to breathe, and the pressure - while good for bleeding - aggravated the wounds once again. Still, he appreciated everything that was being done, and knew that bleeding to death was still very deadly to even an immortal. That being said, however, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to hold off unconsciousness for long. There was only so much the body could do when it lost enough blood...And willpower only stayed darkness for a short amount of time.

However, Astrailyx's angry glare caught his attention after he had said he was only a little hurt. The energy dragon proceeded to swat his ear, and despite it not being hard, it made it ring with pain, the two explosions having taken a toll on the sensitive hearing. “Stop worrying? Stop worrying?! This is exactly the reason why I do worry, and it doesn’t help the situation when you tell worried people not to worry when you find a rough gravel patch comfortable as your own body fluids dye it another colour!” Yeah, she was mad. “A little hurt? No, this isn’t a little. A little is a cut, a sprain, even a small fracture in your case. Bleeding out, glass shards deep in your back as they try to become new quills, multiple fractured ribs, both complete and incomplete, your vision is going because of the blood loss, I wouldn’t be surprised if your hearing was a bit muffled as well. You have a metal piece in your hip that I can’t do anything about right now because it would do more harm than good, despite what I’d like to do with it now. You are unable to stand up where I know that even in extreme weakness you would still stand in the presence of a foe. You may have a concussion too for all I can guess but I’m not checking that in the same why I know your ribs are damaged. There also blood being coughed up every time you try to speak, which agitates your breathing and the massive expanse of your lungs in your damaged rib cage caused by it, could create the lethal issue of you puncturing a lung. It’s also expending energy you should be using to stay awake, rather than you telling me to stop worrying because you believe all of that, is just being a little bit hurt! You are in no position to tell me that, or in any position to do anything, so you focus on staying awake and not speak another word. I don’t want you to die, as does anyone else!”

Finishing the cast, she calmed herself and looked him over. “Shadow you are unfit for duty until you heal. You’re going to get that hunk of metal removed and a lot of bed rest whether you approve or not. You may be a higher rank than me but your life outranks your own rank, so you’re stuck until you can walk again at least, so no order giving for you.” Oh snap. “Also to just make sure you were listening, I am going to ask you about that earlier lecture mister.”

"...I said that...So you wouldn't worry..." He coughed. "Sometimes...The truth hurts more than a lie...After all..." Oh Chaos, he was exhausted. "And I could...Stand if you put..." Energy faltering, his speech stopped, and he took a deep breath to halt any cough that might have come on. He so dearly wanted to cough, to rid himself of the itching in his throat and chest. This...This isn't death...If I was dying...I'd be in a lot less pain... Well, at least he had that comforting thought. "Honestly...Looking forward to rest..." He sputtered.

And then, he felt himself lifted higher, and the wing beats of the Volcarona drew closer until he could faintly see the blurry red wings. The sensation of spiritual energy dissipated, and Zira began to flap much harder. He wondered if he was too heavy, but his sluggish mind deduced he couldn't be heavier than K'sariya. He was amazed by how soft the Volcarona's fur was - it was fine as silk, and comfortably warm. It was the type of warmth you would see on a cold winter's day, to snuggle against and forget about worries. And thus, he suddenly realized how truly tired he was. The exhaustion he had been complaining about had bloomed into a full blown weariness, bone deep and terrible. It snaked around his mind, into his ears and pulling at his eyelids. His hearing became little more than muffled, distorted mess that he couldn't to decipher, and his eyes...He couldn't keep them open anymore. Try as the hedgehog might, he just couldn't.

I can't...

Conscious...

Failing...

Unit 05-000 Jais
Central City
Affected RPers: Neo (Axel)
<Joyous of Days!>

It took a few minutes after his call had been received by Axel - what a strong name, he could respect it - before he heard the rumble of a truck, and it pulled as close as it could before it was shut off. A brown fox hopped out, and it was obvious he was an engineer of some sort. "Well, let's take a look at you," he certainly did not waste his time, "yeah, they really got you good, but I think I can handle it. Sit tight, this might take a while." Lowering himself to the ground, he shut off anything that could hurt the fox and allowed him to get to work. The first thing he did was take his engine block off and begin repairing it, fixing connector rods and the like before putting it back on. His generator was completely wrecked, and the model he pulled out was different than what he was used to. However, Axel assured him he could get the job done, and he put his trust in him...And in fact, his generator worked even better than it had before. My, what marvelous engineering!

Of course, when it came time to remove his power core...Well, he had to allow it. He shut down briefly and allowed him to work.

"Looks like you're good to go, Jais," those were the first words he heard as he rebooted, but he felt a definite pat as well, "now, let's see what I can do for your friend there." Oh, he felt like brand new. Surely he could help his dearest Delilah!

As he walked over and took her apart, Jais felt very much like he was breaking into her privacy. Admittedly embarrassed, he turned away, understanding that her power connection had been broken. At least, from what Axel told him, anyway. He dare not look at her naked wires - that is NOT what a gentlebot does! Jais dear boy, you would 'ave quite a bit to explain to 'er if you peeped! Better avoid the madam's wrath...

"Well, looks like you guys are going to be okay," Jais couldn't help but turn, nearly squealing in delight at seeing his love hovering again, "you let me know if something needs adjusting. And yeah, stay out of harm's way if you can. Well, I've got to head back to the shop, but let me know if there's anything else you need."

"Oh, thank you dearest sir! You 'ave our utmost gratitude! Any need, desire, chat, protection, anything, you just need to inquire it of me! I would simply adore to 'elp you, good sir! Great Axel! You saved my love! There is nothing I could ever do to repay you!" Jubilant and cheery as always, Jais couldn't help but be so happy. As Axel began to speed off, he turned to the Mono Beetle beside him.

"Dearest Delilah? 'Ow are you feeling, my love?"

Her eye switched to him, watching, and for a moment he dreaded that maybe she didn't hear him. "...I'm...I'm fine..." She hovered beside him, pressing ever so lightly against his hull. "I...I don't remember what happened...Why I was offline..."

"Neither do I, my dear." Jais responded as they began to leave the building. Travel by hovering was slow, but she did not have an engine such as his. Not to mention, talking...He loved talking to her. The machine was also glad she hadn't seen the other fallen Beetles. It would have upset his precious little bolt! "But we will return to base, and demand an answer. For all our 'ard work, of course, we do deserve to know what knocked both of us offline." He sighed, a somewhat odd gesture from a creation that needed no air. "Oooh, no peace. No peace at all!"

"This place is a wreck..." Delilah quietly stated, observing the smoking buildings. "Were we attacked...?

"Hmm..." The hybrid wondered, examining everything with a critical eye. "Smoking buildings...Fires out of control..." His eye fixed on a fallen machine, and alarm sprang through him. "A badnik?" Delilah gave a slight "eep", pressing into him more tightly. "Many of them...But the skies are clear now. Whatever occurred is already over. But we must inquire about what 'appened! I swore on my 'onor to 'elp Guardian Units of Nations when I gained sentience, and I will be a daft fool if I break it now! ONWARDS!" He stated with determination, excitement, and admittedly some overconfidence. They began to head towards the center of the city, where the base lie.

...At an astonishing five miles an hour.

.......Amazing.

(Delilah is a NPC. Personality wise, think of, say, Fluttershy from MLP...Quiet, skittish, and often unsure of herself, but loving all the same.)

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 06-22-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: LOL Grassy, I just got a mental image of a Badnik version of Fluttershy. It would be too timid and caring to do much of anything XD. Also short post is short, but yay, Grohiik!

===

IC: Name: Kiju Shadowpelt
Team: Park Lords
Affected RPers: Enkaku
<Maybe things are finally looking up?>

“Nid, Geinmaar’i drey ni mindok nimaar,” I replied as the young human crushed two more Badniks and tossed a third aside, joining me and motioning to the large creature that had engaged with the robots. As I fired a few more bolts of energy at the few remaining Badniks, I shook my head and realized that I had replied in Grohiik instead of English.

“Ah, I apologize. It has been some time since I was around others. No, I do not know this beast. It came while I was resting in the trees after trying to escape from the robots; they found me in that city, looking for supplies.” I winced as I shifted my weight, taking my normal upright posture. The slice on my inner thigh was still stinging fiercely, despite being just a shallow wound. Still, it was of little concern. I had noticed his surprise when I’d spoken; he had to be a resident of the world mine had merged with. Which meant…

“Tell me, Jul, by any chance do you know your way around daar lein, this world? I am trying to find a volcano, the place where Robotnik’s flying fortress has landed. Also, have you by any chance seen others like me? I…am seeking fron, members of my family, my Tah. I do not know if there are survivors from when my Tah was attacked by Robotnik’s forces some years ago, or if they have been changed into these soulless machines…” The sadness that always plagued me when I remembered the death of my Pack struck harder than it had in the past few weeks, and my ears flattened themselves to my skull as a soft growl rumbled in my chest.

“Geinmaar’i Tah…Geinmaar’i fron…rok fen aus fah daar krosis…”

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Astrailyx
Guardian Unit of Nations
Central City
Affected RPer's: Grassy [Shadow], Sights [Sari], Bron [Omega]

Astrailyx gave K’sariya a worried look, but if she was sure that she would be alright with that foot of hers, then she left it be. She wasn’t used to the look of the Hydriegon, wondering how it came to have the three heads where the two outer ones looking like arms. Hovering in the air, she watched Shadow being placed on the back of the giant moth, and immediately noticed that it may be a bit difficult for Shadow to remain on her back without assistance. She then proceeded to sit next to Shadow, sideways on Zira’s back. One of the benefits of being an energy being was that you didn’t weigh a thing, that was if you had the ability to resist gravity, and the dragon had enough energy for that.

“Don’t worry Zira, I’ll keep him steady.” She told the Volcarona softly.

Zira was very warm, and Astrailyx could feel the solar power coursing through the moth’s body. She was astounded sometimes by these Pokémon creatures and found herself discovering more similarities between herself and them than she did of her own universe. Yes she was specially reengineered to live and exist in her own, originally from another one all together, however it was strange how time and space wanted to tweak the slightest of things to create the biggest differences. Her thoughts stopped when her ears twitched, picking up the faint sound of Shadow speaking. Astrailyx gave him a mild look, but it softened with what he said. As much as she was going to cut him off, she was going to let him speak this time. However her mind changed as soon as he mentioned giving him a chance to stand up, swatting only his shoulder in such a light way, it was only comparable to a soft touch.

“You are doing nothing but resting.” She told him. “There isn’t any point in lying when I can see your condition. You should know me better by now-”

Sometimes a smaller lie was better than a brutal truth, but was it necessary to only nudge someone you cared for when they really needed a push? Even then, what was truth to someone may not be truth to another. What the truth was, was entirely subjective and at the mercy of those that beheld truth. What one person may see is always different from what another may see. What may be intended by one person as care and concern, may be seen as an insult or an unintended understanding. Shadow telling Astrailyx not to stop worrying in order for her to not worry was an exact example. He meant well but by her understanding, he should have known better and reworded a statement to better prevent that earlier rant. As Astrailyx finished her sentence, she noticed one thing about Shadow that made a spark of concern that quickly expanded into a slight panic in her mind.

“Shadow…Shadow? Shadow?!”

Shadow’s eyes were closed. As much of his vital signs Astrailyx could see, if Shadow did have some sort of head trauma, that was a bad thing. The idea of Shadow not being able to heal properly gave her a reason to be just the slightest bit fearful. Normally Astrailyx was far more calm, but with his condition, she was a bit more emotional due to how critical it was. With his loss of blood, energy, there was no real way of waking him up unless there was some way she could get him more blood or was able to heal him. She hadn’t been able to o that since the universal collision and she was certainly starting to miss that ability. The dragon wasn’t often this mentally flustered, and the only way it showed on her was her ears, rigid and pinned back and low enough that her pair of white horns showed more so on her head. She wasn’t sure what to do, and whenever she wasn’t, she always had Reaver to ask.

Reaver wasn’t here, but she remembered…

*start flashback*

The stone ship, always cold but at the same time, overwhelmingly hot. In the middle of a very vacant room sat a young, light blue leopard covered in black rosettes, ears relaxed and tail coiled around his crossed legs. His plum eyes were closed, and his hands, open and laying on his knees, palms facing the ceiling. On the bunk bed, a stale grey, and ragged looking cloak hung from one of the posts, while a pair of bright, curious cyan eyes peeked out from just over top of them, looking at the snow leopard with all of the curiosity of a child and more. Despite the fidgeting of the lavender dragon on the top bunk, the leopard remained silent and still, only rhythmic breathing passing his nose and mouth. As he sat with a calm, zen vigilance, the dragon scurried around the top bunk, rolling around and looking for something to investigate. She found herself hanging upside down from the end of the top bunk, her tail giving the post a fair grip as she seemed to imitate the lifeless cloak that gave her company. She looked at the snow leopard for awhile longer, finally deciding to break the thick silence that enveloped the room.

“Reaver…Reaver whatcha doin’?” A much younger and smaller Astrailyx prodded. “Reaver…Reeeaaaaaver?”

The snow leopard’s ear twitched, and a sigh came from his fuzzy muzzle. “Meditating Astrailyx, or trying to before you asked.”

“What is medi…meditater…medica…no that’s not what you said.” She muttered to herself.

“What is meditating?” He inquired, turning around just a bit to face her properly.

“Yeah!”

“It’s when you bring yourself to a calm and let the universe and it’s energy fill you and clear your mind.”

“Whoa…that sounds hard…” Astrailyx answered. “What’s the univer-”

Without realizing it, Astrailyx had let her tail loosen its grip, and she found herself grabbing for the cloak, hoping it would catch her from falling to the floor. It didn’t comply, and only entangled itself with her flapping wings, mummifying herself in a mess as she hit the floor with a soft thud. Reaver only shook his head, getting up from his spot on the floor to release his wicked cloak from trapping the poor young Astrailyx. Once there was some leeway, she flopped out of the cloak on her stomach with a soft ‘oof’. Reaver could only shake his head and laugh, replacing his cloak on the end of the bed.

“The universe is everything we know.” He told her. “It’s a very big place, and maybe, if you never learn to sit still, it’ll be bigger than mine is.”

Astrailyx sat, curling her tail around her in a bit of embarrassment. “It’s hard to sit still…I’m always thinking and it just doesn’t seem to stop.”

Reaver could only smile, and pet her head, sitting down next to her in the same way he did before. “I’ll show you, so pay close attention.”

Astrailyx looked at him intently, imitating the way he was sitting entirely.

“You must only breathe, focus on the grasp of energy, and release of energy. Nothing more, and let the universe flow through and clear your mind.”

Astrailyx did, closing her eyes and trying it herself. It took a while but soon she found herself with an empty head. The moment only lasted a few seconds as it was filled swiftly with the idea that she managed to do it.

*end flashback*

That’s What Astrailyx did, her eyes were closed, and she could sense a calm in her mind, fists opening with the palm side facing the sky, as if it were a heart opening and closing its valves. She felt her own energy coming through a stable flow. Opening her eyes slowly, he looked at Shadow, who still seemed to be breathing, but just barely. There was the feeling of panic and fear in her still, and she still had a very faint expression of worry. There was one thing she could do, but it was a bit of a risk to herself. Her wellbeing however, was much less at risk than the hedgehog’s would be if she didn’t do at least this.

‘Please don’t have any concussions…please…’

Astrailyx took her one hand and closed her eyes again, gently putting it between Shadow’s ears, almost as if she was going to fade it into his skull. She only did it a slight bit, and started to cause an energy feed of which she let the hedgehog’s body work off of as it tried to heal itself. As she did, she tried her best to feel any weak points within Shadow’s head, slowly but surely examining the entire thing for any sign of damage. The more she found nothing, more fear swelled within her, but she had to pull it back. As the last reaches of her examination came, she gave a heavy sigh of relief. No cracks, no bruising, no aggitation or imflamation of any kind.

‘Nothing…nothing you’re alright…you’re going to be alright…’

Astrailyx was going to make sure of it. As soon as they hit base, Shadow was going to be taken into surgery and she was going to work on the aftermath of the procedure. Then the machine and blueprints came to mind. When she was given them, a small stream of information came to mind. As Zira flew closer and closer to the base, she sifted through all her knowledge, finding no other possible uses for the parts involved in making the machine, at least of what she found so far.

As much as she may not have wanted to use it, it may be what helped Shadow heal at the fastest possible rate.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 06-22-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Grace, Solomon, Amp, Sol
Revolution Uprising
Near Stark Mt.
ARPers: Revolution Uprising, Robotnik (not so much)

"You're too late. We've captured Heatran and moved it to a safe location. All this was just a distraction," The monotone voice made itself heard.

Grace knew that it was a distraction, but it was one they had to take. Otherwise, the invasion force would have taken the RU by storm. Grace had just recovered from seeing the Auras of the Shadow Pokemon, and had noticed Chakram was using his Dragonite (seriously, why not give his Pokemon a name; would he like to be called Human all the time?) to conjure up a Hurricane to hinder the opponents' retreat. Grace was just about to command Sol to assist him when another Shadow Pokemon was sent out.

The Deoxys (Grace knew what each of the legendary Pokemon were called from that one case Socrates had when Cynthia needed help) was a surprise; the fact that it was shadow even more so. But then it did something that would be etched in Grace's mind forever.

The Deoxys charged a Shadow Hyper Beam. It connected directly to Chakram and his Dragonite. Grace could see their silhouettes slowly disintegrate in the blast.

You can imagine that this wouldn't make a Pokemon of love and peace overly happy. In fact, it made her slightly mad. Grace was, in fact, mad enough to ignore common sense and instead attempt to attack the woman and the Horrible Pokemon.

Solomon, on the other hand, did not miss that the robots, instead of retreating, were rushing them. Solomon wondered why this could be. Solomon wondered why this could be, right up until the first one exploded.

Solomon simply began to focus, on what, Amp did not know. She tried to pay attention, but she was too busy trying to zap the bots that were rushing her so that they did not kill her by exploding in her face: this was real life; she wouldn't just go black with soot if that happened. She stopped trying to puzzle in out, once she noticed her feet were in water an inch deep. She began to understand precisely what was going to happen one second before it did.

Despite common misconceptions, Pokemon moves do not violate the laws of physics. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, so the water used in moves has to come from somewhere. Focused water moves, like Scald, would merely use the water in a mon's body. Something that summons a giant wave, like a VERY juiced up Surf, would probably draw from the air and the groundwater to execute.

The ground exploded from the water pushing up from underneath. The water quickly panned out, but not before catching large numbers of robots and spreading them AWAY from the living beings engaged in battle. Grace, still trying to attack the woman, was caught by a mysterious tentacle of water jutting out, hitting her, and sending her falling into the water.

Sol only didn't completely pass out from the water due to the absurd amount of Quiver Dances. Amp, being more fragile, was out like a light.

Unfortunately, all the juice from that attack had to come from somewhere, and Solomon was in quite critical condition. He sensed Alice flying to somewhere, and a quick mental touch confirmed it was to Spear Pillar. He used the last of his energy keeping him conscious to telepath that information to Socrates, and promptly passed out; his internal gem barely alight.

Socrates
Revolution Uprising
Fight Area
ARPers: Revolution Uprising, Robotnik

Socrates thought they were doing reasonably well, defending the base. Hypatia was divided the opponents forces, scattering them into being unable to attack. Cadence was right beside him, attacking them with the rounds Tails had given her. As the plan was going to require the absolute best foc-

The enemy was retreating. Why were they retreating? Socrates pondered this for about two seconds before he came up with the answer. Because they got what they came for.

Fuc*.

Socrates did not have time to process this information. Hypatia was tiring, and the Outrage was dying out. Socrates took out Hypatia's ball and put her inside so that she wouldn't hurt herself.

That move probably saved the Haxorus' life. The robots began a rush, exploding to attack the base. Fortunately, the base was reinforced for such purposes. Unfortunately, the two humans in front of it were not.

Socrates did not think at that point. He grabbed Cadence's hand and ran inside, following Schrodinger's voice to divine his way through the inferno. Once he got inside, he heard a weak voice saying something in his head. The telepathic message was getting through to Socrates, but before Socrates could reply, Solomon was out.

Sh*t. How am I supposed to- <Socrates?>

Oh yeah, he forgot. Grace was telepathic too.

<Grace! Thank God! What happened>

<Solomon summoned this huge wave after the badniks started swarming us and exploding. He's out like a light.>

Socrates took a moment to compose himself. <So why aren't you doing anything to help him?!>

<I've already Wished. It takes time to work.>

Socrates began to think. What would Alice want with Spear Pillar? What could possibly-

Duh.

Socrates' opinion of Miss Card just shot up into the sky. The girl had (figurative) balls, that's for sure. His head started pumping out another plan. The rough sketch made it into his head, and he contacted Grace again.

<Do you think you could contact Alice?>

<Directly, no. She's too far away. But I can contact her Xatu.>

<Tell her that Cadence and I will be joining her. Also tell her that she's got balls.>

<Must I use such crude language?>

<Yes.>

Socrates spoke to Cadence, Tails, and Schrodinger, "I have another plan. This one won't be destroyed instantly by one unseen order, as it is rather flexible." Socrates began to explain his plan, hoping it would be understood.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Axel Junio the Fox
Destroyed Sector of Central City
Affected RPers: Grassy Aggron (Unit 05-000 Jais)

Jais was, quite frankly, overjoyed at what I had done. I couldn't help but smile. I liked making other people happy. Even robots. And Jais was especially grateful.

"Oh, thank you dearest sir!" Jais exclaimed, completely relieved. "You 'ave our utmost gratitude! Any need, desire, chat, protection, anything, you just need to inquire it of me! I would simply adore to 'elp you, good sir! Great Axel! You saved my love! There is nothing I could ever do to repay you!"

"Ah, anytime," I told him, heading off to the repair truck while giving him a thumbs up. "See you."

I then opened the door to the truck and jumped in. After starting the ignition, I headed out, seeing Jais and Delilah together again in my driver's side mirror. As I drove away, I saw the clean up and repair effort going on around Central City. The rubble was being cleared, the bodies were being gathered for proper burial, and the Badnik scrap was being collected to be used as spare parts, or to smelt down the metal to be reused for future intentions.

Repairs were being made on whatever buildings had taken damage, while for the ones that were too far gone and were nothing but hallowed shells, they were being torn down, soon to be replaced with other structures. As I saw it around me while driving, it reminded me of a wound healing. Robotnik may have taken a stab at Central City, but a city could heal and be revived in a way that even a living body couldn't.

Meanwhile, I had heard on the radio that Commander Shadow had been badly injured. I wasn't sure what had happened, but I knew he had been out fighting with the rest of the armed forces. Shadow was unlike other leaders. He didn't cower in an underground, protected facility issuing orders while others took the fall for any mistake he made. He was always out there fighting, the way leaders should be. I really admired that about him, and I sincerely hoped he'd be okay.

Still, there was a lot that needed to be done before Central City could really get back up on its feet again. Not everything would be the same, either. With every attack, citizens became more cautious, more afraid, and more insecure. It did, however, boost the number of new recruits into GUN. I knew, as times got desperate, citizens got angry, and loved ones lost family members and yearned to avenge them, they turned to GUN for that chance. Still, as happy as we were to get recruits, training them was a big ordeal also. I could probably guess I'd be training another apprentice soon enough on top of all this. I didn't mind one or two at once, but having to teach a whole classroom... well, I sure haven't done that before. I wasn't sure how that really worked either. Would I need to grade them too? And give them homework while writing up lesson plans? Geez, never really thought of that before!

In the meantime, well, until they assigned me apprentices... or students, I needed to get back to work on developing that aircraft. I had a feeling that if Robotnik was going to attack again, we were definitely going to need better planes. With Robotnik constantly making tougher machines, it was a dicey game of keeping up with the Joneses. And in this case, it wasn't for having the better backyard. It was for the sake of the entire world!

After arriving back at the machine shop at the GUN military base, I knew I still needed that designer. I parked the truck and headed out, but before I headed back in, I replenished the spare parts cabinets in the truck. I had used quite a few of them to repair Jais and Delilah, and I didn't want to run into a situation where if I had to repair something else, I wasn't going to have what I needed. Most of the time I could improvise, but there was a point where you just can't build a shield generator with only the grass, twigs, and stones that were around you. The most I'd be able to conjure out of that is a campfire!

I used the fax machine to send the specifications and project outlines to a designer development team, usually as part of the research and development group. Working with them, I'd be able to get a handle on what was possible, and what was a pretty lofty goal. Meanwhile, making the planes cost effective was another matter. Better planes usually equaled higher costs, but if they were stronger, we wouldn't need to buy so many of the other planes to replace the ones that were destroyed. Not to mention, the lives of many pilots and crew members would be saved.

And lives were simply too precious to lose.