Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 06-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Interactive Projects Ideas/Discussion

Yay! Now I just have to keep up with it when we get more ideas.

I wasn't sure if it would or not, so I figured I'd ask.

He's also a bit of a creeper. I remember looking at some of his lines and going "Wow...someone's a bit of a Fruit Loop." Particularly the one scene where you come out of Skyla's gym and he's like, right there and proceeds to talk to your pokemon rather than you.

Glad I could help with that.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 06-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Yay! Now I just have to keep up with it when we get more ideas.

I wasn't sure if it would or not, so I figured I'd ask.

He's also a bit of a creeper. I remember looking at some of his lines and going "Wow...someone's a bit of a Fruit Loop." Particularly the one scene where you come out of Skyla's gym and he's like, right there and proceeds to talk to your pokemon rather than you.

Glad I could help with that.
Good idea. xD I can edit the first post and add the list to that. O:

Yeah, fair enough. ^^

Man, that's really funny! I never really thought of that before. xDDD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:01 AM
Winter Offline

Oh, yeah, my initial reaction to that scene involved a lot of "Whoawhoawait!" and "What the heck?!" being shouted mentally. Of course I say this, but he looks adorable as a Shimeji crawling around my screen right now.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

What if someone came up with a script and you guys acted out a PE2K radio drama thing? It would be like the fanfic acting except the script would be specifically designed to work well for voice acting and you could continue the story every month or something so people could get into it. You could try getting everyone on at the same time, but even if that wasn't possible, everyone could do their parts separately and you should be able to put it together somehow. xD
Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
What if someone came up with a script and you guys acted out a PE2K radio drama thing? It would be like the fanfic acting except the script would be specifically designed to work well for voice acting and you could continue the story every month or something so people could get into it. You could try getting everyone on at the same time, but even if that wasn't possible, everyone could do their parts separately and you should be able to put it together somehow. xD
XD Yeah, we considered something like that! I would love to partake. xD We could have guests and stuff. I think doing it all togther might be fun, but the problem would be the quality. If for example I were to record, however, one problem would be times and timezones, another would be the quality itself (only I would sound clear), and there would also be issues like lag, internet cut outs, and it's a whole lot easier to do them separately as well. Plus there are also things like stuff ups and the pressure of it being your line or something. I would vote for recording separately, like what happens with all the other voice acting we've done. ^^

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Winter Offline

If we went with something like that, to apply the Skype idea to something, maybe hold optional practice sessions by country or something but leave them open to whoever can make it? That way whoever wants to can go over their lines with at least one other person real time and get advice/feedback/the satisfaction of going over their lines with someone before recording.

Something else that might just be for fun to get everyone in on giving VAing a try, what about doing something with improv? Have writers (or anyone, really) suggest random situations and have people VA a bit of dialogue in response to them like your unicorn in the bathroom question, only have the person respond with what they would have said and keep it running in the games section or something like that?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Testing out new voices on a Skype conversation is also fun. I do it with my friends all the time, so it would be interesting for aspiring voice actors to get together and do it. I think it would be fun. :D

Winter is making a whole lot of sense here.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
If we went with something like that, to apply the Skype idea to something, maybe hold optional practice sessions by country or something but leave them open to whoever can make it? That way whoever wants to can go over their lines with at least one other person real time and get advice/feedback/the satisfaction of going over their lines with someone before recording.

Something else that might just be for fun to get everyone in on giving VAing a try, what about doing something with improv? Have writers (or anyone, really) suggest random situations and have people VA a bit of dialogue in response to them like your unicorn in the bathroom question, only have the person respond with what they would have said and keep it running in the games section or something like that?
Ahh yes, practicing is a good idea! I meant that it wouldn't work for recording, but yeah, I think practicing and doing it for feedback and stuff would definitely work. ^^

Improv sounds like a great idea. I do like that. O: Hahha, indeed! The people participating can each bring in a little scenario or something. xD Maybe assign characters to some of the improv stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Testing out new voices on a Skype conversation is also fun. I do it with my friends all the time, so it would be interesting for aspiring voice actors to get together and do it. I think it would be fun. :D

Winter is making a whole lot of sense here.
You do? O: Yeah, I imagine it could very well be pretty fun!

XD Well of course she is! She's full of good ideas.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:05 AM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

What *if* we did a radio version of A Streetcar Named Desire ;D

I do a mean Blanche Du Bois

Shun the non-believer
Old 06-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

I have no idea what that is. O: And wouldn't it be good if we made up our own? xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:41 AM
Winter Offline

Oh, I know you meant it wouldn't work for recording, but yeah, practicing and feedback could really help some.

Maybe have someone post a scenario to start, then have the next poster respond with an audio reply to the scenario and leave a scenario for the next poster? I would try to stay away from assigning characters, though, since not everyone watches the same things...maybe suggest a voice type?

I just like getting really funny looks when I start popping out accents, but I don't do it a lot. It sounds like it would be fun to get a bunch of people testing out random voices on Skype.

Yay for making sense and having good ideas!

I think I've heard of A Streetcar Named Desire, but I've never watched/read it.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Oh, I know you meant it wouldn't work for recording, but yeah, practicing and feedback could really help some.

Maybe have someone post a scenario to start, then have the next poster respond with an audio reply to the scenario and leave a scenario for the next poster? I would try to stay away from assigning characters, though, since not everyone watches the same things...maybe suggest a voice type?

I just like getting really funny looks when I start popping out accents, but I don't do it a lot. It sounds like it would be fun to get a bunch of people testing out random voices on Skype.

Yay for making sense and having good ideas!

I think I've heard of A Streetcar Named Desire, but I've never watched/read it.
Ahh, right. xD But yep, good idea.

Well I meant more like somebody provides a scenario, and each person takes a character (I didn't mean something pre-set, I meant, like, if someone were to create a little scenario of a dude getting in a fight at a bar, there would be characters such as the main guy, the guy who annoyed him, the bartender, the guy's friend, etc, so that people don't get confused about who is who) and then rolls with it, trying to create something of a script out of it. Like, you do it on the spot, no planning, no recording--just fun that's also practice.

Bahaha, I haven't done it a lot, but it seems like it would be fun. xD Yeah, definitely!

Woo!

I don't even know what it is. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Winter Offline

Hmm, maybe, though I was thinking of it working as sort of a one person, one reaction idea (as a sort of "game" we could put up on the forum to get interest/let people know about it)--but that sounds fun, too.

It's funnier when you can see people's faces, IMO, but yeah. I made my history teacher jawdrop last year when I started talking in a rapidfire Southern accent. XD

Lol, I think it's a book. Might be a movies, though.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:04 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

I WAS GIVEN AN IDEA BY SARAH so I hope to have that up sometime soon.

In the meantime, guys, would anybody be interested in hosting their own interview show, or even a random talk show like a little podcast? It would be a really good idea; it's fun and I'm sure having a host who lives in the US would be a whole lot easier for time organisation and scheduling than my inconvenient times. XDDD

Also, don't be afraid to come up with some scripts that you could even just put out there for people to voice act (just post it in the voice acting thread), or do something like a random narration. It's not hard and it can be a lot of fun! 8D

ALSO! Don't be shy about competing in the voice acting WAR section! The more the merrier! 8D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Winter Offline

Lol, I can't wait to see this idea. XD

I don't know about hosting an interview/chat show, but I could narrate a fic of mine or two...probably...I think... XD Mebbe my WAR stuff?

Also: I dunno about anyone else, but I'm working on my WAR VA entry.