Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:21 AM
JCCOO7 Offline

Default My Own Sprite Pokedex #001 -

Hi,

This is my first post here at pokemonelite2000. Have always been a big pokemon fan and have had some ideas for new and exciting pokemon. I was always a fan of the first generation and into two and three. These are great pokemon and have helped me think about what I would like to see add into the pokemon world !

Please keep an eye on this thread as I will update when I can, new and exciting pokemon for you all to enjoy !

thanks
JCCOO7
Old 06-10-2012, 08:49 AM
JCCOO7 Offline

Default Re: My Own Sprite Pokedex #001 -

#001 Kitburn

Fire Cat Pokemon

It has been known to cause forest fires and it thrashes its tail around during play.

Evolves: Lv 15

#002 Catash

Fire Cat Pokemon

During cold nights it keeps warm by wrapping its tail around its body.

Evolves: Lv 35

#003 Firlion

Fire Cat Pokemon

Its roar can be heard from miles away. When angry its mane will increase in temperature.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Hi there! Welcome to the forum, and good to see you spriting.

The thing about your own pokedex is that it has to be scratched. If you want to make fakemon, you generally, as a regular rule, don't fuse pokemon. You make them yourself, with nothing to start with but a blank file. I mean, it's not like it's against the rules to make a pokedex with fused pokemon, but if you do, I would say that the pokemon you used in your fusion have to be unrecognisable. We shouldn't be able to see what pokemon you've used, but it's entirely plain here. Shinx, persian, raikou. With changes of course, but the point is, we shouldn't be able to tell at all.

Second, pokedex projects need a lot of effort put into them, with more details and presentation that what you have so far.

You should take a look at some recolouring tutorials and fusing/amalgamation tutorials, as you have not fused/recoloured these sprites properly. You have missed several places that you did not recolour, such as a strip of persian colouring on the second sprite's extended front leg. All coloured pixels need to be recoloured when recolouring a sprite. You do not neglect a single pixel. Also make sure you do not flip things like fire. And by NO means, unless you completely fix it after (which is not easy for beginners), do you resize parts of sprites. This is a bad idea!

This is a tutorial for amalgamation, which is creating fakemon out of existing sprites: Click this link here.
This is a tutorial for basic recolouring, which is necessary in pretty much every aspect of spriting: Click here to see it.
These are two tutorials for fusions, which are different to what you are looking for, but may help with the process nevertheless. Click here for the first, and here for the second.

I hope this helps you further develop your skills and improve on what you already have. :]

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 AM
JCCOO7 Offline

Hi,

Well that was in depth I never knew sprite making was so deep. I'm only here to make nice looking pokemon and not in it to win artist pixel master of the year !

But if they are proving an eye saw for yourselfs I will take my pokemon sprites elsewhere.

JCCOO7
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Haha, don't worry, Graceful_Suicune is a very passionate spriter who's just trying to give you some helpful tips to improve your sprites, I'm sure she didn't mean anything bad! =) Hope you keep posting your sprites here. I look forward to seeing your other starters, especially what you come up with for the Grass type. Kitburn is really cute!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCOO7 View Post
Hi,

Well that was in depth I never knew sprite making was so deep. I'm only here to make nice looking pokemon and not in it to win artist pixel master of the year !

But if they are proving an eye saw for yourselfs I will take my pokemon sprites elsewhere.

JCCOO7
Haha, yes, spriting takes a lot of talent, work and precision. It's quite amazing how much effort goes into a sprite sometimes. For some really good inspiration, I would suggest checking out threads such as Speed-X's gallery and Kyoune's shop. They are both fantastic spriters! It's mainly a matter of practice while using the right techniques. ^^

At no point did I say they were eye sores. xD And no, taking them elsewhere is not the solution. I thought I'd let you in on some tips on how to improve is all. If you would like to learn and grow, staying here and working on your sprites in the right environment would be a good idea. And chances are that anywhere else, people will provide advice similar to mine, so...yeah. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.