Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default [WAR XI] narphoenix of Revolution Uprising vs. White Knite of Team Obscurity.

Qualifying
Quote:
Battle: Single, 1 Pokemon each.
DQ: 24-hours.
Damage Caps: None.
Restrictions: No OHKOs (including Perish Song and Destiny Bond); three Chills.
Arena: Indigo Plateau: Ice.
A 50' by 50' square room with sheer white walls and a floor made of solid ice. The room is kept at precisely 32-degrees Farenheit to keep the ice intact, so you may want to wear a coat! Overhead, ice-sickles hang down, sometimes falling and causing harm to the battling Pokemon. Be careful - the icy floor is very slippery, and Pokemon will sometimes trip and miss a turn as a result. Ice-type moves are occasionally more powerful here.
Roll 1-100 for every Ice move used. If the roll is less than 30, the move's damage will be multiplied by 1.25. Roll 1-100 twice every turn. If the first roll is 1-20, an ice-sickle will fall and deal 5% damage to a Pokemon. If the second roll is 1-20, the Pokemon will trip and miss a turn. Note that the field effects do not stack; if you roll 1-0 on the first roll, the second roll is canceled. The type-boosting roll is not included here.
Ref Style: Open.
White Knight will send his Pokemon.
narphoenix will send his Pokemon and moves.
White Knight will post his moves.
Someone will Ref.
etc.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 06-26-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: [WAR XI] narphoenix of Revolution Uprising vs. haybalebarn of GUN.

haybalebarn, you have 24 hours to post.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-26-2012, 03:39 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

She will be replaced by White Knight if she gets DQ'd and will, obviously, not receive any points.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

I'm just going to DQ her right now and have WiK take her place, if there aren't any objections. We don't have time to be kept waiting.

White Knight, please send out your Pokemon.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:42 PM
White Knight Offline

Druddigon
Ability: Sheer Force.

I'm from Obscurity, btw. :3

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Default Re: [WAR XI] narphoenix of Revolution Uprising vs. White Knite of Team Obscurity.

Pignite
Ability: Blaze.

Start with a Sub at 1 HP. If he attempts to Snatch it, employ Brick Break.

If he has a Substitute, utilize Arm Thrust. But if you do not have Substitute and he does not attempt to use Snatch or you are otherwise prevented from using the move, use Substitute at 1%. Otherwise, default to Brick Break.

Substitute(1%)/Brick Break ~ Arm Thrust/Substitute(1%)/Brick Break

Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 AM
White Knight Offline

Default Re: [WAR XI] narphoenix of Revolution Uprising vs. White Knite of Team Obscurity.

Dragon Rage~Earthquake

ASB|VPP

Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Reserv'd.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

It was a battle that had taken some time and consternation to arrange, but narphoenix and White Knight stood as opponents at last on the chilly Ice Field.

Narphoenix sent out his Pokemon first. It was a big, anthropomorphic orange pig, with broad shoulders and a dark pattern on its chest that resembled a Grecian tunic. Its long ears twitched as it surveyed its surroundings. This ice wouldn't be a problem for it, it thought, given its natural resistance to all things cold. However, when White Knight released his Pokemon, he found it to be rather disappointing: a great blue-scaled dragon appeared, its small, jagged wings twitching with irritation and its craggy red face creased in a snarl. It tightened its great claws, ready to vent its annoyance on its porcine foe.

narphoenix

[-] Pignite (M)
Ability: Blaze
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Substitute @1%/Brick Break ~ Arm Thrust/Substitute @1%/Brick Break

White Knight

[-] Druddigon (F)
Ability: Rough Skin
Energy: 100%
Dragon Rage ~ Earthquake

Round One

Pignite lifted his meaty arms, a small sphere of white energy forming between his comparatively small hands. The sphere began to grow and take shape, forming into a life-size glowing rendition of its maker. The glow faded, leaving a rather dully-colored, tarnished looking imitation of life that stood before its maker, motionless and passive.
[Substitute: Pignite, -1% HP, -1% Energy]

Druddigon was not impressed. She opened her great red jaws wide, sending a column of pale blue flames flecked with teal jetting at her opponent. Pignite's decoy leaped to take the blow. It was consumed by the pillar of fire, its frail form dissolving utterly before Druddigon's fury.
[Dragon Rage: Sub, -5% HP; Druddigon, -1% Energy]

Pignite huffed impatiently. Did Druddigon have to destroy his clone? He created another one, the ball of energy forming into yet another lusterless replica of the life it was made to protect. Pignite found making them tedious - though they offered great protection against most enemy attacks.

Most was the operative phrase there, however. Druddigon lifted her huge foot and stomped it onto the slippery floor, sending a wave of churned-up ice and tile rolling at Pignite. The substitute attempted to take the hit for its master, but failed rather miserably when the wave of earth completely bypassed the substitute, vaporizing it and sending the real Pignite flying into a wall. The tremor caused a great many ice-sickles to fall, including one that Pignite had to sidestep to avoid having his skull crushed. The result was a small gash in his side that caused him a good deal of pain.
[Earthquake: Pignite, -21% HP; Druddigon, -12% Energy]

narphoenix

[-] Pignite (M)
Health: 67%
Energy: 98%

White Knight

[-] Druddigon (F)
Energy: 87%

Ref Notes
Earthquake's Crit Roll was 29; 6.25 for Crit.

Arena Notes
Ice rolls for Pignite were 85 and 41 for the first turn and 100 and 23 for the second.
Ice rolls for Druddigon were 68 and 51 for the first turn and 100 and 95 for the second.
Because Earthquake causes tremors, I rolled 1-20 twice more per Pokemon on turn two. Pignite's rolls were 7 and 69; Druddigon's were 21 and 24.

White Knight, your moves please.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:15 AM
White Knight Offline

Use Hone Claws, then Aqua Tail. If you are Taunted on the first turn, use Aqua Tail instead. If he uses Rest on the first turn, use Aqua Tail instead. If at any time you are at below 80% health, use Rest.

Hone Claws/Aqua Tail/Rest~Aqua Tail/Rest

ASB|VPP

Old 06-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Ok. Sub (1%). Then wait for him to break the sub with Aqua Tail, and use Superpower.

Sub(1%)~Superpower(Delayed)

Old 06-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

narphoenix

[-] Pignite (M)
Health: 67%
Energy: 98%
Substitute @1% ~ Superpower

White Knight

[-] Druddigon (F)
Energy: 87%
Hone Claws/Aqua Tail/Rest ~ Aqua Tail/Rest

Round Two

For the last time, Pignite lifted his massive arms and formed a glowing sphere. He fashioned into one more duplicate of himself. The copy stood before Pignite, its glassy eyes watching Druddigon closely, its shambling body ready to protect its creator.

Druddigon, however, had no interest in attacking - not as yet, anyway. She lifted her claws and sliced them through the air experimentally, testing their strength and warming up her muscles. Her talons began to shimmer and shine, sharpened to razor points, and her mighty arms hummed with energy. On the ceiling, one more unstable ice-sickle took a dive; it flew down at Druddigon and gave her a painful gash along her side.
[Hone Claws: Druddigon, -4% Energy, +1 ATK, +1 ACC]
[Ice-Sickle: Druddigon, -5% HP]

For a few seconds, Druddigon and Pignite glared at each other, waiting for the other to move. Finally Druddigon gave an impatient snarl and lunged for her opponent, her tail glowing blue and jets of water spouting out of her pores. She aimed for Pignite, but his copy intervened at the last moment. Druddigon's tail slammed down on the decoy and it dissipated, fading into nothing.
[Aqua Tail: Sub, -25% HP; Druddigon, -10% Energy]

Pignite grinned; he had been waiting for this. He lifted his arms, muscles tense for the attack. His arms glowed with a red aura as he slammed them down on Druddigon's great head, sending the dragon sprawling onto the icy floor. She groaned with pain, while Pignite grinned in triumph. Their Trainers waited tensely for the referee to declare results.
[Superpower: Pignite, -13% Energy, -1 ATK, -1 DEF; Druddigon, -15% HP]

narphoenix

[-] Pignite (M)
Health: 66%
Energy: 84%

White Knight

[-] Druddigon (F)
Health: 80%
Energy: 73%

Ref Notes
Superpower's Crit Roll was 32; 1-6.25 for Crit.
You are not allowed to mock the quality of this round because I'm scrambling to get this done in favor of about five more things that need to be done before tomorrow's out.

Arena Notes
Pignite's rolls were 71 and 24; 1-20 for fall or ice; 56 and 99; 1-20 for fall or ice.
Druddigon's roll was 2; 1-20 for ice; 39 and 41; 1-20 for ice.

66 + 84 = 150/2 = 75
80 + 73 = 153/2 = 76.5

White Knight gets $20 for winning.
narphoenix gets $10 for putting up a good fight.
I get $18 for reffing two rounds.

Closed Thread