Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default [WAR XI] Voice Acting Section

Welcome to WAR XI Voice Acting!

Hello! If you’re interested in entering the Voice Acting section of this seasons WAR, then you’ve come to the right place!
Down below, you’ll find the rules and regulations that you must abide by to do well.
I won't waste any more time, so let's get to it!

Rules;
--In order to submit an entry, you must be a part of a WAR team. If you're not, join one! Where’s the harm?
--You may submit only one entry per week. You can edit your entry as many times as you desire, as long as it is submitted before the deadline.
--You may submit your entry either in this thread or through PM. You can resort to PM if you’re worried about other’s taking your ideas. Don’t PM me with your entry if you’re afraid what others might think.
--All entries have to be submitted BEFORE the deadline. Otherwise, I won’t count it. A few minutes or so past it will be fine, but not several hours.
--All entries must fit the theme. If I cannot see the connection between your entry and the theme, you will have a chance to justify yourself.
--Only voice clips are acceptable. Upload it to a site in a format in which I and everyone else can listen to it. If I’m unable to play it on my computer, I will let you know to fix it.

Entry;
-Team:_____________
-Name:_____________
-Entry (link):_____________
-Original story (for monologue only):_____________

Judging;
--There will be three winners. First Place, 3 points, Second Place, 2 points, and Third Place, 1 point.
--Judging will be based off of these few categories...

Character (10 points) - What is the role you are speaking for (i.e.: a senior, a child, a pirate, a casual observer) and do you portray that role accurately?
Commitment (10 points) - Do you maintain the same character throughout the piece? Are you expressive with your character?
Clarity (10 points) - Quality varies between mics, this simply refers to how you speak. Unless there is a part where the character is supposed to be mumbling, your words should be audible and clear.
Creativity (10 points) - In the case of creative interpretation: did you really take that slogan and own it?
In the case of the monologue: does the story really stand out as imaginative and original?

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 07-16-2012, 04:30 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: [WAR XI] Voice Acting Section

Challenges;

-Week one; TV/Movie Scenes
Deadline: Saturday, July 21st 11:59:59 PM EST
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

-Week two; Radio Commercials
Deadline: Saturday, July 28th 11:59:59 PM EST
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

^ Anastasia-R ^

Last edited by TheEvilDookie; 07-30-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:34 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

-Week one; TV/Movie Scenes:Choose one of your favorite movies or even TV shows for all that matters and recreate it with yourself at the primary speaker. A YouTube video of your scene to be provided in your entry would be lovely.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Team: Eggman Empire
Name: Winter
Entry (link): Click here.
This is a scene from episode 1 of a wonderful television show called Moonlight. Unfortunately, my parents don't really like me on Youtube and this was scripted and done (from my end, at least) with my personal copy of the Season 1 DVD set, so I don't have a link for you. The voice of Mick (the guy here) was done by Sealboy, and while the difference in mic quality admittedly drives me up the walls, there's nothing I can do about it, and I will still probably thank Seal a million times over for helping me out here. Fountain sounds found on SoundDogs and added because of where the scene is set, and because otherwise the pauses, particularly Beth's first as she walks out of the fountain and over to Mick, sound horrific otherwise.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 07-21-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:36 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Entries closed. I wasn't around to say it since PE2K was down when I thought of it, but I gave you guys a little time extension. I don't think it really mattered though lol. Thanks for making my job easy with this one LOL. Results will be posted by tonight.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-23-2012, 03:51 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

ok uhh yeah. After talking with WAR officials, we've decided that I will save the score for Winter's entry and mix it in with scores for next week. Winter, if you choose to make a new entry for the new theme, you may, but the higher of the 2 scores will be taken. If anyone has any other questions about this, you can VM/PM me or post in this thread.

Anyways, as for next week, the theme will be Radio Commercials. Make up your own radio commercial for any product/service of your choice. It can be a real product/service or it can be something from Pokemon or some other video game. For example, you could make an advertisement for Poffins or Zombie eradication from your house. Be creative with it! :D

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

OKAY, I am so doing this. It's way less confusing than last week's theme. xD Bahaha, this will be great. I so want to do this.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

I love this theme so much - I SHALL DO THIS!

Compared to last week's theme, this one is lovely :3 Thanks Dookie!

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

If I read this a week earlier, I could have used a monologue I studied for theater >.<
I'll still be participating, though.
Time to do some writing!

Shun the non-believer
Old 07-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Okay... XD I'm done.

First off, I wanna say a few things:
1) All the music/sound effects are royalty free

2) I sing in this. XD Sorry if:
a. It's whiny and annoying
b. It's off-tune (it is at some points XD)
c. It's just overall really horrible
d. The song gets stuck in your head
And it was entirely improv (although I redid the actual singing because to start with it was even WORSE)

3) There are bloopers at the end, and I ask you not to include them as part of my score/part of the ad itself. XDDD I always like to include bloopers so that's why they're there.

XDDD But eh. I decided to go for it. I know the song is a bit long but oh well. XD IT'S A LONG JINGLE OKAY? But yeah. Hopefully you can stand it without having to skip over it or anything. XD Anyway.

-Team: Awesome!
-Name: Graceful_Suicune
-Entry:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 07-26-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:42 AM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

-Team: Revolution Uprising
-Name: mintjelly
-Entry (link): http://www.mediafire.com/?rev6vu6kbx0o12w (It has to be downloaded, but it works.

Shun the non-believer

Last edited by mintjelly; 07-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
-Team: Revolution Uprising
-Name: mintjelly
-Entry (link): http://www.mediafire.com/?y4cauyp5um7vyjc (It has to be downloaded, but it works.
It doesn't work for me. D: I downloaded some weird really tiny .wav file that was not your recording. Upload it to Tindeck next time!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

It won't let me upload it to Tindeck; none of my programs are letting me save the file as MP3. I'm gonna try uploading it to youtube.

*EDIT*

I uploaded my backup file to the website, tested the download on a different computer, and it works!

Shun the non-believer

Last edited by mintjelly; 07-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Mintjelly, what kind of audio programs do you have? If you have Audacity, you can record on there and export on MP3s once you download LAME for it, or you can just download an audio file clonverter--I ended up doing both. Since my comp woupld only export WMA files.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

I used my backup file, and it worked fine.

Shun the non-believer