Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default What Are Non-Redistributable Pokemon?

I was browsing some very old trading threads and I then remembered the term. I had never know what it meant as a kid, and still have no idea as a teen. Why can't they be traded again? What causes them to be this way? Is it that the OT doesn't want them traded?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Zetsu Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Zetsu
Default Re: What Are Non-Redistributable Pokemon?

I think they are event pokemon that won't be distributed via Nintendo Events anymore.

WFL Dream Team.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 AM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I think it means Pokemon that you receive that can't be traded to other people. The question is, why?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
goldwynaut Offline

i never heard the term before, but could it mean it is a trial trade? i remember then i traded pokemon with some friends as a kid, we had `king trades´ and `queen trades´, a king trade was a non regrettable trade, you cant force the other person to trade it back to you, but a queen trade was a sort of trial, you could trade back whenever you want to, and they often had a time limit, for example, if you queentraded a pokemon, you had one week to regret, if you should happen to regret after the time limit has expired, you have no authority to get it back, it is now officially your pokemon and it is up to the other person if he/she wishes to trade it back to you. could an non-reddistributalbe pokemon be a pokemon you cant forward to others in case your trade partner should happen to regret?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

There is nothing about the Pokemon that prevents you from trading it. They are just asking that you please not make copies and trade it to everyone else, leaving them with nothing to use in their own trades.

Basically since Pokemon can be cloned, I could breed a really good Pokemon, trade it to you, and you could make a million clones, host a giveaway, and give that Pokemon to every person on the forums for free. Now if I want to trade with someone else, I have nothing to offer them, since they could just get my Pokemon from someone else.

Non-redistributable just means that I am asking you not to do that, and saying that the Pokemon I give you is just for your use. It is sort of like if I made a CD and sold you one but asked you to please not make 100 copies and give them to all of your friends. There is nothing really preventing you from doing that. I am just asking.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
~Blast Burn

Ah I see! I thought it meant if you clone then trade it it would destroy your save file for some reason, ha ha. Thanks!