Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-29-2012, 03:58 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Forum War II Discussion/FAQ Thread

Forum War II

It begins!

As of today, the countdown to the second Forum War begins! I'm sorry that it took so long to get this back underway, but hopefully it'll be, as Gabe Newell would say, worth the wait.

Wait, what is this?

So, for those of you new to Forum War, you must be wondering what this all is. Forum War, simply put, is a Roleplay that takes place between multiple forums. The first Forum War took place solely between the Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum and Global Trade Station Plus, and was hosted by Global Trade Station Plus. The RP itself, Viral Overgrowth, was the first of it's kind between our forums, and pioneered the format for the event that shall happen this week.

What's new?

This year, two new features will debut at this Forum War. This year, the Forum War will have representatives from three Forums, with PE2K and GTS+ returning, and Serebii being introduced as the newcomer. This RP will also feature RP Teams, which will be explained later.

So, how do I join in?

It's very simple really. The basics of participation involve signing up for the RP as soon as the SU thread opens up, which will occur in about a week. You will indicate which Forum you represent, both in your Sign Up and somewhere within your signature. The RP this year will be held at PE2K's roleplay thread, and will hopefully be stickied to the top of the thread along with other RP materials such as this thread.

Now, what are RP Teams?

RP Teams are groups of RPers who band together to form a sort of mini-faction. These factions, while still members of one of the three larger factions, set their own goals and fend for themselves throughout the RP. For those of you familiar with PE2K WAR/TEAM RP, this concept should be familiar.

The way of establishing a Team for the RP is simple. One starts a team by creating a thread for it in the PE2K Groups/Clubs thread. Groups should indicate their participation in the Forum War by adding [FW] to the beginning of the thread title. Once established, groups must acquire a minimum of 3 members to be considered eligible for the Forum War. Once your group meets this requirement, it will be listed in this thread and the SU thread. Remember, if you are in a group, you must indicate this when you create your Sign-Up. Also remember that members of your team must be from the same forum, so mixed forum teams are not allowed.

If I am an active member of multiple participant, which forum do I represent?

Members of more than one forum have the choice of representing just one forum. The preferred choice is for the forum you are most active on currently. Remember, once you pick a forum to represent, you can only represent that forum for the rest of the Forum War, even if you have multiple characters.

What type of RP will this be?

See this post for all plot-related information.

Are we actually competing for points of some sort? Is this a contest?

Absolutely not. This is just a large event RP where users from different forums can come and represent their site. There's no scoring or judging, so the main goal of the RP is to have fun.

Can I sign up for the Forum War RP here?

No, you can sign up at the SU thread when it is opened. This thread is just for reference and information.

What You Can Do Right Now!

Before the RP War starts, there are a whole slew of things you can do to participate and support your team.
  • Join PE2K! If you aren't already a member of the PE2K forum, you will need an account to participate in the Forum War.
  • Make banners! Represent your team with space in your signature!
  • Spread the word! Tell everyone you know about this RP. The more the merrier!
  • Start or join a team! Begin gathering members to meet the participation requirement! Remember, groups must be started in the PE2K Groups/Clubs thread and marked with the prefix [FW].
  • Discuss! This thread is open to any questions/comments you may have!
Well, the thread is now open for anything and everything you want to ask or discuss. Post away!

Reference Links:

Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum

GTSPlus Forum

Serebii.net Forum

SU Thread

PE2K Banners:

Code:
[U RL="http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118612"][I MG]http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k469/kpop10/things%20I%20made/pe2kflagleft.png[/IMG][I MG]http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k469/kpop10/things%20I%20made/pe2kflagright.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by NES2; 08-13-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Default Re: Forum War II Discussion/FAQ Thread

So, to put it one way, its like a big PANE event, except the three big teams are the forums, with smaller groups inside. Now, can we start planning with other members and preparing for general things, like, oh, a team name and mascot? Also, even though you've stated it (I just want to be clear since I haven't seen anyone else do it), I could go ahead and post a group team in the Groups/Clubs with the necessary [FW] sign in the title? And lastly, should I post a thread, are there requirements for the team thread?

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 PM
NES2 Offline

Yep, that's all about right. Group/Team setup can take place during this time, and is encouraged during this week of prep time. Teams MUST consist of people participating from the same forum though, so you might want to indicate you are a GTS+ group. As for thread requirements, you can do whatever you feel, just as long as you can manage to gather three or more members for the group. I recommend pestering friends/people you've RPed with.

Also, make sure your signature clearly states you are participating for GTS+. This can be done through a banner or statement.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:52 PM
White Knight Offline

PE2K

Y U NO FW TEAMS T____T

On a non-meme-based note, do you know when the signup is going to open?

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 AM
NES2 Offline

It was supposed to be tomorrow, but I'm going to try and get another forum in on this since Serebii has shown absolutely no interest in the RP. So, a maximum of three days, since the RP is ready. I'll post the plot though tomorrow. Suggestions for a third participant would be appreciated.

Oh, and if there isn't a group, start your own! There's nothing holding you back man!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:30 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

We'll try and get something up on the site about this to support the event.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 PM
NES2 Offline

Alright, so big announcement here. It seems Serebii has no interest in this RP at all. As such, Serebii has been removed from the picture entirely. This means I will have to adjust my plans to accommodate this. I have two options: I can either find another forum eager to participate, or I can adjust the factions to fit a two-forum scenario like last year. Input would be appreciated, as I don't want to delay this any further.

Finally, here is the plot as it stands, for reference.

Quote:
Forum War II:
Dawn of Discovery

A PMD RP developed by NES2 and Avenger Angel

Introduction

It all began with a single expedition. Years of stability and growth had spurred the rapid development of three great nations, Miniera, Somnum, and Nomade, who in previous years had fought among one another for dominance in their realm. Peace now accomplished, however, the Pokemon of this world, known as Lurra, turned to the horizon and what lay beyond it. For centuries, all that mattered was what had occurred on the continent the three kingdoms inhabited, the region considered the only inhabitable place on the planet. However, once the wars ended that changed, and the Pokemon of the realm, curious as to what else there was, set out from their land, exploring the seas beyond their own realm.

The groundbreaking discovery was first made by a group commissioned by Miniera under the command of a Dewott. The Dewott's name, Curant, would become legend, for he was the first to sight a land that was later called Kibou. After a brief landing on one of it's isles, Curant rushed back to bring news of this new world to the Minieran royalty.

From there, the rest was history. Word of this land spread fast, even across borders. The Nomade also heard of the tales, and developed interest in this land too. Both of them soon came to the same conclusion: Kibou belongs to our nation, and none else. This, of course, sparked conflict once more. The two kingdoms rushed to set up colonies in this land, and began to gather knowledge about this land. Each sought to control it, and the riches it was soon discovered to possess as they came back from the isles. The rumors, of course, grew greater, and the island soon held an irresistible appeal to all seeking adventure and fortune. Navies were built, armies trained, and forts built as each faction prepared to claim Kibou as their own.Meanwhile, all sorts rushed to ports seeking passage to this new land which promised all they desired, and thus did a new adventure begin.

Welcome to Kibou. Welcome to Dawn of Discovery.

Factions

There are three factions of Pokemon vying for control of Kibou. Each faction, represented each by one of the participant forums, have unique cultural backgrounds and powers derived from years of development in their primary lifestyles. These nations once fought over control of the Old Continent, where their civilizations began and grew over numerous centuries. A relative time of peace between the factions arrived in the and lasted for a period of time until Kibou was discovered 100 years later. Old rivalries ignited once more, and the eternal war between the three kingdoms soon resumed, this time over control of the newly discovered land thousands of miles away.

The Kingdom of Miniera - THE BLACKSMITHS (Pokemon Elite 2000)

The citizens of Miniera has had a long history of mining and metal working. On the Old Continent, no faction is better at forging weapons, tools, and creating artisan jewelry. As such, they have developed abilities that revolve around earth, metal, and fire. They are also interested in Kibou to see what secrets it has in store, and if it may help improve their metalworking abilities even further. Not to mention, finding one of the Lost Cities of Gold would undoubtedly bring Mineria a mountain of wealth and precious metal that they could use to enhance their metalworking industry immensely.

Cultural Benefits:
  • Metalworking - These Pokémon are the only ones that can wear metal armor. Because Pokémon come in all shapes and sizes, it is impossible for other cultures except this one to be able to create one uniform metal for all Pokémon. However, this faction is so proficient in blacksmithing that making customized armor for each individual Pokémon while making them ornate and artistically crafted is easy for them.
  • Superior Weaponry - These Pokémon carry some of the most powerful swords, axes, guns, and other metal weapons. These weapons are often very artistically made, with ornate handles, fanciful blades with artistic carvings, and the like. In fact, most other nations and cultures badly covet the masterful craftsmanship of these weapons, tools, and crafts.
  • Weapons Expertise - These Pokémon are masters of using their metallic weapons, as well as creating siege devices and superior metallic tools. In addition, they are also master tacticians and strategists.
  • Shipbuilding Talent - These Pokémon have larger quantity and better quality of ships than the other nations, possessing powerful and devastating weaponry.

Powers:
  • Night Vision - Years of working in dark mines has allowed these Pokémon to be able to see better in the dark.
    Earth manipulation. These Pokémon can shift around stones and earth with simply their wills and intricate hand-gestures.
  • Metal Manipulation - These Pokémon can also take any piece of metal and reform it on the spot, able to turn a spade into a spear, or a metal anchor into a massive axe.
  • Fire Manipulation - Years of working with burning forges and under heavy heat has allowed these Pokémon to understand the power of fire. As such, they can use fire-based attacks, as well as fire-enchant their weapons to burn, allowing them to do even more additional damage.

The Kingdom of Nomade - The Explorers (Global Trade Station Plus)

Naturally drawn to Kibou for its mystery, the Nomade people have always been inspired to explore and investigate every hidden secret of the world. Living in a remote region of the Old Continent considered uninhabitable by others, the Nomade have made their home in the most difficult of climates. Many of their members yearn to see every landmass, the darkest depths of the seas, and even the reaches of the highest clouds. Their culture is based upon exploration and archaeology, their goal to map out the entire world from sea to land to sky, and maybe, someday, even head into the outer reaches of space to explore the cosmos. What is remarkable about these Pokémon is their ability to physically and mentally adapt themselves to any situation, able to switch their typing and physical features at will to adapt to any situation.

Cultural Benefits:
  • Wilderness Tradition - This faction has cities in harsh places where other Pokémon wouldn't even dream of going. Meanwhile, with their superior navigational skills, these Pokémon are talented in travel and location, always knowing how to get to where they want to go.
  • Survival Talent - As talented survivalists, these Pokémon can survive on almost nothing for food and water, and construct buildings and structures easily and almost instantly, no matter what the environment.

Powers Entail:
  • Extreme Adaptability - A member of the Nomade could jump into the air and spout wings to fly just moments before plunging into the ocean to lose the wings but grow fins and gills instead. Minutes later, they could dive into a volcano and adapt to the lava by becoming a fire type, as well as blend into the shadows to become a dark type when the night arrives, or easily survive with toughened or rocky skin as a ground or rock type in the stinging sands of the hottest, most unforgiving deserts. As such, these Pokémon can change their typing to suit their environment instantly.
  • Enviromental Manipulation - While in these environments, these Pokémon have even more power and control over their surrounding environment than even the naturally born members of it. However, these powers only reflect the environment they are in. Thus, a member of the Nomade could cause whirlpools and tidal waves in an oceanic setting, but not in the middle of the desert.

The Natives - The Unknown (NPC Faction)

The mysterious indigenous inhabitants of the island, the natives are a mysterious civilization which call Kibou home. Not much is known about them, though rumors tell of mysterious magic and rituals, the ability to blend into shadows, disappear into thin air, and other strange abilities. They are vehemently hostile to outsiders, and will stop at nothing to protect Kibou from encroachment by the other factions.

Privateers (RP Groups/Teams)

Individual groups who also seek the wealth of Kibou, privateers are crews that sail privately owned vessels, normally in the service of the kingdom they hail from. Privateers are hired as mercenary ships, the factions rewarding the sinking of enemy ships and in exchange, getting a cut of whatever plunder they capture. Privateers must manage their own supplies and survival however, and receive little aid from factions.

More than just hired guns, however, privateers have their own individual goals separate from those of the warring factions. These goals are set as the privateer group pleases, and may even conflict with the goals of the main factions. As such, a privateer group can be viewed as valiant heroes, cruel villains, or anywhere in-between.

Kibou and the Seven Cities of Gold

Located in Kibou, the Seven Cities of Gold are ancient cities rumored to be hidden in Kibou. Citadels of native civilization, these glorious locations were built by the ancient ancestors of the natives who once possessed great knowledge of magic and technology. Each city, while possessing physical riches beyond the imaginable, also possesses unique and mystic artifact that possesses immense power so great that they are sometimes believed to be the product of myth. Scattered throughout Kibou, these cities wait to be discovered by intrepid adventurers worthy of their splendor. The natives, however, fiercely guard these cities held sacred by their culture. As such, only those prepared for a confrontation should attempt entry.

Ura – The Ocean Palace

A city located mysteriously underwater, Aquanta has sat on the seafloor for centuries. It’s water, mysteriously breathable, allows those exploring the ruins to swim indefinitely through the complex without the need to come up for air. Murals line the flooded halls of this city, depicting the ancient history of Kibou. It’s artifact, the Voice of the Seas, is a silver conch horn that allows the user to summon storms at will, and to control the flow of wind and direction of currents.

Zilarrezko – The Bountiful Land

Zilarrezko was a city of plenty. Located in the middle of a vast plain, it’s fields grow the finest produce in all the land, and it’s crops never rot or go bad. Food can be picked and eaten without preparation at all, and is mystically replenished without need for labor. The artifact of this city, the Bottomless Bag. This object allows the holder to pull from it almost anything they desire, want, or need, and store anything they don’t need. It is basically an endless supply of everything, with the exception of the artifacts, which cannot be retrieved from the bag unless you've placed them inside.

Baso - The Mystic Forest

A city built into the canopy of thick jungle, Baso was a city which was designed to be one with nature, the former inhabitants built their city using the forest and as a part of the forest. Buildings were built and even carved from the the massive towering trees , and walkways connect these spaces to form a massive above-ground complex hundreds feet above the surface. Though some of the structures and bridges have collapsed or rotted away, much of the ruins still remain, most of it accessible without hassle. The center of this all is the Basako, a massive temple to nature carved into the insides of the most massive tree in the forest, comparable in height and size to a skyscraper. Inside is the Staff of Healing, a wooden artifact whose touch can heal any wound, no matter how severe or permanent.

Armadurak – The Vast Mines

Armadurak is known for its mines, which run deep beneath the city and to some extent is the city itself. This city’s mines provided the wealth that can now be found scattered across the remnants of the Golden Cities, as well as armor made from a powerful material known as adamantine. This material is more durable than the most refined metals, and can be extracted from stones as strands. As such, adamantine can be woven into cloth that possesses the same protection as a combination of plate and chain armor. The artifact located within this city is the Unbreakable Shield, make from solid adamantine forged so that the shield cannot be pierced, broken, or destroyed by any weapon or attack.

Zerua – The Sky Retreat

Zerua is located at the peak of the tallest mountain in Kibou, high above the clouds and only accessible by a single path. An isolated paradise, the city has a system of running water that was once used for fountains, baths, and other facilities. This water is pumped by still working mechanisms from rainwater collectors on the lower parts of the mountain. On a clear day, one can see a great distance from this city, revealing most of the great expanse that is Kibou. The artifact of this land is the Compass of Truth, which points to the direction of whatever location you seek.

Iruzur – The Backstabber’s Bog

Iruzur was built in a maze-like bog shrouded at all times by a thick mist that obstructs all sight. Even its buildings are concealed, most travelers confused even as they stand right in the middle of the city. Traps and puzzles await those who manage to find Iruzur, and in this place, nothing is as it seems. The artifact located here is the Shapeshifter, a mask that allows the user to take on the appearance, but not the abilities, of anything or anyone they wish.

Zigilua – The Forbidden Citadel

Zigilua the powerful bastion and capital of the natives, and the only one still inhabited by the natives. This city, a near impenetrable fortress, is said to withstand all but the power of the artifacts located in the other six cities. Death meets those who otherwise try to make their way in. Walls of thick and solid stone defend this city, located high atop a rocky outcropping. Its artifact is the most powerful, the great and unknown power sealed deep within. Only the measures taken to protect this power can act as a testament to its nature.

Last edited by NES2; 08-09-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I can assume, at once, that as soon as the artifact of Zigilua is collected, whatever that may be, the RP ends? Or could it be we go into a sequal?

...And is it a set thing, or is it up to the RPer who finds it to define it?

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 AM
NES2 Offline

I can't reveal too much due to plot-relaated reasons, but yes, the Zigilua artifact will trigger events leading to the end of the RP.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Wow. Welcome to the Caribbean. ^^ Ooh! Do we get to sit on the beach drinking rum? =D
Ok, so I have two things to ask.

With the manipulations, are we able to use all of them, or will each character choose just one? Cause I dunno if I can wrap my head around metal, earth, and fire (...wind, water, heart XD) manipulation together.

How do the teams play into this? Do they have to be privateers or can they just be part of the faction? Like, a team would have control of a faction's ship or fort on the islands.

Also, do all Pokemon from each faction have those attributes? I mean, not everyone in the kingdom works in a forge or mine, right?

...Alright, so it was three things. ^^'
Old 08-08-2012, 05:18 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I don't know what you would want to do, but there are plenty of forums with healthy roleplaying communities. Bulbagarden and PokeStadium are two that come to mind and there are plenty of others.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:21 PM
NES2 Offline

Alrighty then, to answer questions.

First off, the Nomade are gone. This is now a two-forum RP, since quite frankly I don't see another forum getting in on this. Furthermore, it provides the perfect conflict: A nation of industry vs. a nation of creativity. The plot and sign-ups will change to reflect that.

Now with abilities, every Pokemon has them and can harness all of them, even if they don't work in that specific industry as of current. All Pokemon have at least knowledge of their nation's lifestyle and abilities, and know how to use their abilities even if they don't necessarily pertain to what role they actually play in the world. To them, these abilities are things that just come naturally, like breathing or thinking.

Teams have to be Privateers, thought they don't have to necessarily be sea-bound. Still, it's recommended every Privateer group have a ship of some sorts, for both practical and aesthetic reasons. Otherwise, you'll have to swim from island to island. Plus, you get to name your ship whatever you want. Feel free to make a joke of it.

And yes, there will be rum.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, a few things.

First off, considering that no third Forum suddenly jumps into this, am I to assume that the Nomade don't exist at all, or that they do, but they're terribly underpowered at the moment and in comparison to the first two kingdoms are an almost completely ignored minority that couldn't send ships over? Or would their powers an attributes become part of the Native's skillsets? Or would their powers be distributed and/or watered down for the other two nations? I could see a Minieran having exceptionally fast building skills (being able to construct makeshift structures on the spot was part of the Survival Talent attribute), or some (if not total) adaptability on the unique forms of the Somnumites, for instance.

On another note, can we at least know what the Zigilua artifact is, as per what it looks like? Is it a book? A spear? A ship? A stone archway?

And...I know you're refrencing Landon and ToJ. "A Pikachu giving itself dragon wings and ears, along with having a black shade as opposed to yellow." That's Landon's description, more or less. If only Shen were here.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM
NES2 Offline

Right now I'm looking into what to do with the Nomade, either making them an unimportant NPC faction of traders or just making it so that they don't exist. Their powers won't be distributed at all though. It would make things complicated.

And that reference was all Avenger Angel. I don't read his stuff much, so I didn't know he had inserted that. Still, nice catch!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Flynt Offline

I'd much rather the Nomade be kept, seeing as its the GTS+ faction and I've already planned how to use our abilities to the fullest. Why not just drop the Dreamers? They're the unrepresented faction, and thus really should be the ones to go. It'd be fairly annoying, in my opinion, to force this change on us after making us wait for so long to know anything in the first place.

Big thanks to Tunduli on Pokecharms for the sprite in the banner.