Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles

ASB: Battles The main arena of the ASB League. The place where all the action happens. A place where you can see if all your hard work and well-earned cash will pay off in the place where trainers dreams and hopes can be made or broken

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Velocity v Saraibre Ryu (Ref: 3m0d0ll).

Quote:
(1) Single Battle, 3 Pokémon each.
(2) DQ: Three Days
(3) Damage Caps: None
(4) Restrictions: - No direct recovery moves. - No OHKOs. This includes Perish Song and Destiny Bond.
(5) Arena: Umecit
An urban sprawl of sprawls, where sky scrapers stand upon towering hills of more skyscrapers. Music and graffiti are celebrated, people dance in the street and stand atop buildings and give speeches, and as long as you respect everyone else, there won’t be any trouble. There’s always some gang messing with things around town. Nevertheless the place is the center hub for creative expression of any and every kind.
(6) Ref Style: Open

[Rikki] Zoroark (M)
Ability: Illusion
Signature Move:
Spoiler:
Unseen Rush
Description: Most Zoroarks only hone their illusory abilities to the point where they can appear to be something else - a bush, a Scrafty, a lamppost, a little boy, etc. However, Rikki and I have trained his deceptive skills enough to where not only can he make illusions - he can completely disappear for a short time. This is very useful in battle. To perform Unseen Rush, Rikki makes himself completely invisible. He then runs at his opponent several times, slashing them with his claws as he rushes past. He does this until his invisibility peters out, whereupon his ability to create illusions vanishes for at least a battle's-length of time.
Type: Dark
Base Power: 35 per slash.
Accuracy: 85
Classification: Physical
Energy Modifier: 10
Effects: Rikki strikes the opponent 2-5 times with his claws. The exact number is determined via RNG.
Rikki cannot use moves that increase his Evasion, or Double Team, for the rest of the match.
Usage Gap: Once per battle.

All right, Rikki; this city scene seems to fit you well. Go forth, and do battle!

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-02-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Velocity v Saraibre Ryu

After much deliberation~

Cayci the Galvantula [F]
Ability: Compound Eyes
Signature Move: Bioconduct Volt
Description:
Spoiler:
The EleSpider species are masters of sapping electricity from their foes, however at long range, it is rather difficult. Trapping prey within the webs of their tesla-masterpieces let Cayci pickup on bio electrical signals through the nervous systems of her foe. By firing a thread of stick web laced in electricity, Cayci could reverse the electrical flow on contact, and sap the electricity out of the nerves of her foes. This would inevitable slow them down for a short time, unless they were already electric types to begin with. Cayci is however unable to use another Electric type move before or after this move is used.
Type: Electric
Base Power: 80
Accuracy: 90%
Classification: Special
Priority: 0
Energy Modifier: 3 [Double Energy cost for Ground types]
Effects:
- X Damage to foe = X Energy gained for Cayci
- Doubles energy cost for ground types, does normal damage
- Foe has -1 SPD for next action.
- If Cayci uses this against electric types, Cayci has -1SPD next action, however energy gained is X *1.5
- Energy is gained at the end of the round
- Bypasses Volt Absorb Ability
- Electric type moves used before or after this action will fail, so must wait one action before and after this move beforeanother electrical move can be used.

Usage Gap: Once every 2 rounds after energy has been added.

Tutored Moves: Reflect

Cayci start off by laying out Electroweb everywhere to make it harder for Rikki to move, and to determine where the real one is. Then once you've figured that out, use Pin Missle. If he uses Counter, use Struggle Bug instead of Pin Missle. If you haven't figured out which one is the real Rikki by then, use Faint Attack then instead.

Electroweb @ field ~ Pin Missle/Struggle Bug/Faint Attack
Old 07-31-2012, 02:21 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

All right, Rikki. Defend yourself - a simple Protect will spare your clones, yourself, and the field around you. While you are safely encased in your bubble, make a Substitute to take the Faint Attack damage in your stead.

Protect+Substitute @1%

Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Round 1

[Rikki] Zoroark
100 HP
100 EG
3 Double Team clones
Protect+Substitute@1

[Cayci] Galvantula
Ability: Compoundeyes
100 HP
100 EG
+1 Acc
Electroweb@field ~ Pin Missile/Struggle Bug/Faint Attack

The sounds of music and smell of paint fill the city air, blending with those of traffic and fumes. You meet in the middle of a street, one cordoned off specifically for Trainers to battle in. Sabi releases her Galvantula, which clicks out some irritation and all the sounds and bright colors, while Velocity’s Zoroark revels in the city environment, even as three illusory copies fade into existence. Both are fully aware that a battle is upon them.

Cayci acts first and swiftly and most creatively. Rather than targeting her opponent specifically, she looks to the sky and from her mandibles fires a glob of energy spun into a webbed shape. As it moves it spreads in diameter, covering a significantly wider area than it started out as, and begins to fall into the battlefield to become an obstacle to overcome. Rikki, however, has other ideas. Rushing beneath the center of the web with his clones surrounding him, he throws his arms to the sides and throws up a protective force field, also much larger than normal. The webbing hits the force field rather than the ground and instantly fizzles out of existence, undone by the effects of the Protect.

Next for Rikki is the tricky part. While holding up his Protect, he focuses even more of his energy into protection, siphoning off a very small sliver of his life force into creating yet another duplicate of himself in a very familiar process. The newest Rikki, while perfectly identical to the others in every way, moves autonomously, and with only one purpose, protecting the original. Finally Rikki is able to drop his arms allowing the field to fade. Almost as soon as this happens Cayci takes her opportunity, vanishing in the blink of an eye. Unseen by Rikki, she reappears on the side of a building behind him, and dashes forward with incredible speed, her heavy legs drawn back to swing. They strike through the first clone like it isn’t there and keep going, erasing a second from existence as well. The third swing strikes true and swipes at the real Rikki, but before it can make contact the Substitute appears between them like lightning, taking the hit himself and costing Cayci her momentum. This allows Rikki and his clone to jump back. Now, however, Cayci’s excellent eyes can easily keep track of which is real and which is fake, barring some serious trickery.

End of Round

[Rikki] Zoroark
99 HP
83 EG
1 Double Team clone

[Cayci] Galvantula
100 HP
84 EG
Acc+1

Electroweb: EG -6; blocked by Protect.
Faint Attack: EG-8; Substitute destroyed; real Rikki identified

Protect+Substitute@1: Combination effects, Substitute gains priority for second action, Protect treated as lasting 1.5 turns. Protect covered a wider area than normal, for an additional 50% energy. EG-17 (Protect 8+4 for combo+4 for area+Substitute 1). HP-1.

Subjective rulings: Faint Attack’s ability to ignore accuracy rolls is such that if it struck a Double Team clone, it would move on and attack the next, treated as the same attack. On targeting the real Rikki, the Substitute came in and took the damage for him, preventing the remaining clone from being disrupted.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Hm. A hmity hm. Very well, Rikki. Use Toxic and follow it up with Night Daze. Counter any physical moves. If she protects, switch to Nasty Plot. If Cayci is not poisoned, use Toxic again, but not if she protects. If she subs and you're supposed to use Toxic, use Night Daze instead.

Toxic/Counter/Nasty Plot/Night Daze ~ Night Daze/Counter/Nasty Plot/Toxic

Old 08-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Well my darling Cayci, since you know which Rikki is the real one, and I don't like the sounds of Toxic, here is what you're going to do:

Keeping it simple, you are going to dodge Toxic, since you're faster, and know which Rikki is the real one, it shouldn't be a problem. Then follow up with Disable to make sure he can't try it again.

Dodge~Disable
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

[Rikki] Zoroark
99 HP
83 EG
1 Double Team clone

[Cayci] Galvantula
100 HP
84 EG
Acc+1

Ah yes, it seemed that everyone was barfing today. I really hope I didn't catch the bug going around, because that purple sludge coming out of Rikki looked rather disgusting. Apparently, Cayci seemed to think the same exact thing, because before Rikki could barf on her face, she was outta there.
(Rikki: -6ENG; Cayci: -6ENG)

Cayci, apparently, REALLY didn't want to get barfed on (although I couldn't say I blamed her, that stuff looked VILE). An ethereal bolt of electricity cackled between her mandible, and, before Rikki could do anything, he was hit.
Accuracy rolled a 65 where rolling more than 134 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 4. Result was 3 (Effect lasts for Result+3 actions).(Rikki: Disabled (Toxic), 6 actions; Cayci: -7ENG)

Rikki then apparently tried to summon the purple vomit again (Ew), but something creepy came out of his mouth instead. I still can't determine what it is, and when I asked around, I was told it was what replaced things that were exuded from moves disabled. Needless to say, the upchucking failed. I swear I saw the giant tarantula laughing.
(Rikki: -6ENG)

[Rikki] Zoroark
99 HP
71 EG
1 Double Team clone

[Cayci] Galvantula
100 HP
71 EG
Acc+1

Old 08-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Alrighty Cayci, try a 1% Sub, then follow up with Signal Beam. If Rikki attempts a Bounce by the second action, use Agility to avoid any harm. If there is a Sub up by the second action, then try breaking it with Struggle Bug, unless Bounce is being used on the second action. If Rikki uses Protect/Detect, use Agility anyway.

Sub@1%~Signal Beam/Agility/Struggle Bug/Agility
Old 11-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Velo, you have 24 hours to respond or you will be DQ.

I am giving you a small advantage because it has been slow around here.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Rikki, take out the sub with Fury Swipes. Then, use Flamethrower to cut through the Signal Beam!

Fury Swipes ~ Flamethrower

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

[Rikki] Zoroark
99 HP
71 EG
1 Double Team clone

[Cayci] Galvantula
100 HP
71 EG
Acc+1

Cayci, apparently, had a dislike of getting hit by stuff. Who knew? The tarantula made a dolly that looked exactly like a Galvantula, just like the fox did earlier for itself. Then of course, Cayci cowered behind it in terror. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little.
(Cayci: -1HP, -1ENG)

But remember children, no plan survives contact with the enemy. And Rikki was more than willing to screw things up. The fox rushed the doll and cut it into slivers before continuing to attack Cayci.
Critical hit rolled a 4266, where under 625 resulted in critical hit. Accuracy rolled 48 where under 80 is a miss. Effect roll was 1-8; result was 6 (Fury Swipes hits twice). (Rikki: -5ENG; Cayci: -4HP)

Cayci decided, apparently, that there would be no more such thing as Mrs. (Ms.? I'm unaware of any bug standards on matrimony) Nice Galvantula. At all. Cayci brought forth an entirely too creepy triad of laser beams. But Rikki was having a whole lot of none of that. He breathed fire. A lot of it. But Cayci's Signal Beam did have some effect, as Rikki's flames didn't all hit her thanks to her Signal Beam. Instead, Rikki took a page out of Harry Dresden's book, setting a nearby building on fire. I'm sure that if Rikki told it to you, he would have said it was not his fault. This time.
(Cayci: -6ENG, -12HP; Rikki: -13ENG)

[Rikki] Zoroark
99 HP
53 EG
1 Double Team clone

[Cayci] Galvantula
84 HP
64 EG
Acc+1

Subjectivity:

Flamethrower was used to cover Signal Beam. I decided in the end that Signal Beam's raw power would deflect some of the flames. I took the amount of damage Signal Beam would has done, halved it (rounding up), and subtracted that from the amount of damage Flamethrower would have done if Signal Beam spontaneously seized to exist. And now there's a building on fire. Good luck.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Velo, you have 24 hours before you are DQed.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Nasty Plot ~ Night Daze

Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Cayci use your special little technique, and then while Rikki is slowed down, make a Substitute to save yourself from some damage.

Bioconduct Volt ~ Sub@1%
Old 01-29-2013, 02:46 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

I V

-

Velocity

[Rikki] Zoroark
Ability: Illusion.
Health: 99%
Energy: 53%
Nasty Plot~Night Daze
Toxic disabled for three more actions; 1 clone.

Saraibre Ryu

[Cayci] Galvantula
Ability: Compoundeyes.
Health: 84%
Energy: 64%
Bioconduct Volt~Sub @ 1%
+1 Acc.

Cayci let her eyes quickly dart across the arena. Analyzing the differences in the amount of heat her two enemies gave off, she decided that the left Zoroark was the real one. Cayci began crawling very quickly, moving up to the side of a murky wall. As she charged, parallel to the ground, an electrified piece of webbing shot from her mouth. The silk string wrapped itself around Rikki's head, becoming entangled in his hair, then seemed to seep into his skin. Cayci jumped from the wall, landing on top of Rikki as she shot more thin webs form her mouth. Rikki cried out, trying to push the large spider off of him to no avail. After a few moments, Cayci slowly climbed off the limp Rikki, who twitched in pain.
[Bioconduct Volt: Riki, -17% Health; Cayci, -10% Energy; Rikki, -1 SPD]

Getting up slowly, Rikki pulled stray strands of webbing from his fur, disgusted by their viscidity. He glared at Cayci, letting awful thoughts cascade into his mind. A dark purple aura began to steam off of his body, then he let out a snarl. He could feel his muscles becoming thicker, he jaw more powerful, and his legs seemed weightless.
[Nasty Plot: Rikki, -3% Energy; Rikki, +2 SpAtt

Feeling somewhat uneasy due to Rikki's choice of moves, Cayci knelt her head down, letting small amounts of web dribble from her mouth. She caught the strings in her “hands,” knitting them into a small doll against her breast. Keeping one strand of web connected to the doll, it lolled behind Cayci, dully awaiting for it to be needed.
[Substitute: Cayci, -1% Health; Cayci, -1% Energy]

Not at all phased by the tiny doll connected to Cayci, Rikki jumped on top of a roof, tensing his muscles as the dimming sky above grew darker. With a quick snap, Rikki released a wave of black energy, rimmed with red, transparent energy. As the sea of dark energy flowed down to Cayci, she tugged the Substitute towards her. The small doll flung itself into the Night Daze, taking in the attack, then vanishing into a tuff of dust.
[Night Daze: Cayci's Sub, -22% Health – fades; Rikki, -7% Energy; -1 Acc, 4/1-5, no Acc drop]
[Bioconduct Volt: Cayci, +17% Energy; Rikki, SPD restored (+1).

Velocity

[Rikki] Zoroark
Ability: Illusion.
Health: 82%
Energy: 43%
Toxic disabled for one more action; +2 SpAtt.

Saraibre Ryu

[Cayci] Galvantula
Ability: Compoundeyes.
Health: 83%
Energy: 70%
+1 Acc.

-

Sabi, your moves, please.