Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Trivia/Games

Trivia/Games Join in the Trivia games! Any trivia/games are accepted.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Keldeo Contest: Crossword Puzzle and Word Search (Winners Announced)

Credit to Charmander009 for the banner

~Crossword Puzzle and Word Search~
(Keldeo Edition)

Well, howdy there pardner! I didn't see y'all there. I was too distracted making this here contest in Paint...Oh, wazzat, y'all don't know what this is? It's a crossword puzzle! You know, y'all have the little itty bitter squares and clues...Then y'all plug 'em in? They annoy the living tumbleweeds out of folks! Whoo-ey! I love seeing the look on them thar faces...

And the word search is just that; y'all search for the words given to you in a list. Be careful though - them varmints can be tricky as dust in the pants to find! Whooey, it took me a while to get the word search done, but it is, and she's a beaut!

Oh, and before we begin this hootenanny, there are some laws y'all have to abide by. If you don't, y'all get thrown in jail by the local sheriff!

RULES
1.) Be polite!
2.) Have fun!
3.) All pe2k rules apply here!
4.) Do NOT post your answers here! Only ask questions. I'll be sure to add you to the list of participants, don't worry.
5.) PM me your result(s), please! I suggest using an image uploader, like tinypic.com or iaza.com, to send me the link of your completed game(s). If necessary, I'll create a little Paint guide for iaza, because their new layout can make getting to JUST the image a bit of a pain ;)
6.) Claim Thread. Once you've completed both games, post there to get your Keldeo. As for the submissions, you may post them in there under a spoiler box ( [*spoiler] Remove the Asterisks [/*spoiler] ) or, alternatively, link back to the "Participants" post in this thread once your name has gone purple :)

So, without further ado, I'll give y'all yer puzzles. This is a simple thread, eh? Figured after WAR, y'all didn't want a big fancy thread with rules and an essay. Even I'm tired of essays, and I'm a dag-um writer! How's that fer irony? Ha ha! And please, feel free to save the image to yer techno machine (computer), so ya'll can fill the squares in or circle the words. Then just ship 'em to me via private message, ya hear? PRIVATE. Not "all over the place like a fire in the saloon" message. I can't believe how many people f'rget this rule...

Crossword Puzzle
Spoiler:

Word Search
Spoiler:

*Bonus word is 5 letters COUNTING the plural add on. If it wasn't plural, it would be four words :)
*Icirrus is misspelled in the key, but it's correct in the puzzle.

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 08-15-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Default Re: Keldeo Contest: Crossword Puzzle and Word Search

/gets started right away

Do we have to fill out the crossword as an image? Or can we just PM you the answers in a typed list? o:
Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

I suppose you can send me the words in a list, although what fun is that then? XD Granted, you wouldn't be able to do this for the word search, so I guess it can fly.

While I'd prefer the image to be filled out (spent an hour on that thing X.x ), you can PM me the answers. Make sure you point to which one it is, like "1.) Bananas" or whatnot.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
I suppose you can send me the words in a list, although what fun is that then? XD Granted, you wouldn't be able to do this for the word search, so I guess it can fly.

While I'd prefer the image to be filled out (spent an hour on that thing X.x ), you can PM me the answers. Make sure you point to which one it is, like "1.) Bananas" or whatnot.
Well I already filled it all out anyway so I guess I'll just turn in the image~
I'm just missing 2 words. I've learned more about Keldeo tonight than I ever wanted to know xD
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

What an interesting choice of words Grassy. XDDD I'm finished, an PMing you now. :3
Old 08-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Sent! Woo, that was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelutions
I've learned more about Keldeo tonight than I ever wanted to know xD
Seconded.

P.S. SORRY FOR SCRIBBLING ALL OVER IT, I GOT A BIT CARRIED AWAY!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Lemme add this little thing. YOU CAN CLAIM YOUR KELDEO ONCE YOUR NAME HAS GONE PURPLE; linking to this post can serve as your "submission" for the claim. If need be I'll send your submissions to mintjelly, so don't worry about not getting anything. You will get yer pony! This is Grassy_Aggron, and I approve this message. (Suddenly, politics?)

PARTICIPANTS
(Blue = Crossword Puzzle; Red = Word Search; Purple = Both/Eligible for Keldeo)
Eeveelutions
Typhlosion Explosion
Pokemon Trainer Sarah
mintjelly
Metal Gear Snivy
Rachel

And yes, I like expanding minds. Now if this had been Aggron, ohohohoho... >:3

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 08-07-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

LET ME GET MAH KELDEO CUZ IM A FREAKING MODERATER OF DIS SETION! I'm doing the crossword. I'm stuck. I'm always stuck on crosswords.

EDIT: Wait, done. In one day, yay for me! PM'ing it to you...now.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)

Last edited by Metal Gear Snivy; 08-03-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Word Search is up.

Please, take your time. Don't strain your eyes D:
Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Keldeo Contest: Crossword Puzzle and Word Search (Word Search Finally Up)

Which way can the words go? I can see one of them backwards but I have no idea if you put them backwards or not. I'm assuming they're diagonal too? Maybe? Dx

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: Keldeo Contest: Crossword Puzzle and Word Search (Word Search Finally Up)

*Takes a look at word search*
AGGRON?! Oh, wait, she made it. *Does Earl of Lemongrab laugh* I'll try to submit it later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 08-05-2012, 11:46 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I may have to withdraw. Word Searches really strain my eyes and give me terrible migraines. DX
Old 08-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Which way can the words go? I can see one of them backwards but I have no idea if you put them backwards or not. I'm assuming they're diagonal too? Maybe? Dx

~GS.
Backwards, forwards, diagonal, backwards diagonal (I think)... This monster took me two days to solve, including sickness XD

Ty, easy problem to solve. Maximize your screen (In Paint, you could use the magnifying glass) and only search for a few words every few hours or days.

There is a total of 36 words, plus 1 bonus word. So, you have until the 15th. Ten days. If you do six words a day, you'll finish in six days <3 Alternatively you could do four words a day, and it'll take you nine days.

I do suggest frequent breaks, though. I felt like I was going to have a seizure I strained my eyes so badly @.@'

And yes, MGS. I'm amazing like that XD
Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 AM
~Blast Burn

I'll do four a day. I got frustrated so I closed it out after 4 words. DX I get moody when I get headaches. XDD
Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Wow that wordsearch is crazy. :O Nice job Grassy!
Closed Thread