Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Default Re: [FW] Global Mercenaries (GTS+)

Welcome aboard, magnus!

As for ship names, I find Rising Sun fits better for the fluyt. Seeing as Red Dragoon has a fierce and vicious ring to it, I believe it suits a pirating ship better than an explorative treasure seeker, such as ourselves.

And thank you, Grassy Aggron. I appreciate your compliments on the group.

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Flynt Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Magnus View Post
Thanks, and I hope you don't mind that my character has a ship too, smaller of-course. Red Dragon is a good name, but my character's ship will probably Red Hunter, or something like that.
Uh.... No?

I suppose that's a bit harsh. Maybe if you can explain how you have a second ship, how you plan to pilot said ship all on your own, what kind of ship it is, how you justify a group of four people needing more then one ship. Moreover, it isn't fair you come in and assume whatever you please without even talking to the rest of us.

Big thanks to Tunduli on Pokecharms for the sprite in the banner.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Dan Magnus Offline

I'm glad to be here. Oh, sorry then... I just thought about it, but I'll take it back. I regret that post now, and will focus on finishing that sign-up...
Old 08-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Flynt Offline

Like I said, if you can find a way to justify it, I'm all ears. If not, it's probably better we focus our resources with one ship, it's also harder to get separated that way, and we probably will want to stick together. Safety, and strength, in numbers, after all.

And thank you Grassy, I hope to have a good time here as well, though I am worried about representation being disproportionately in favor of PE2K.

And, unless Dan Magnus or Almost Easy have an opinion, the Fluyt will likely be named Rising Sun, then!

Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Dan Magnus Offline

Yeah, that's a better idea, stick all together now.

Oh I almost forgot, hey Grassy, thanks.
No objection on the name.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynt View Post
And thank you Grassy, I hope to have a good time here as well, though I am worried about representation being disproportionately in favor of PE2K.
Sad but true. As of now we're outnumbered almost 2 to 1 in characters.

Speaking of, I'm unsure of my second character. Should it be a Pokemon that covers some of our weakness', or an all around strong Pokemon? I don't want to choose a type or Pokemon someone else is planning to pick.

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Flynt Offline

I'd say just make whatever you're most comfortable with. I probably will be making more myself, and I don't think we'll get anywhere by limiting ourselves to specifics.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 PM
2gamers Offline

Hey guys, you've got a slew of prospective members headed your way. They have a bunch of questions. I tried to answer them as best as I could, but I'm sure they will want to hear from someone who's in the RP.

Good luck out there ;).
Old 08-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Rufa Offline

If we haven't yet decided on vessels, may I perhaps suggest a longboat of the viking archetype? While it wouldn't be able to hold weapons such as cannons very easily, the shallow bottomm would make it suitable for faring in shallow water, and even transport it across land. The vikings used logs to carry their boats from river to river in Russia, which sounds like something that could easily be pulled off with the powers that are at our disposal.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Flynt Offline

The problem I'd have with a longboat over a sailing ship is actually getting it across the ocean. Not to say the vikings didn't manage to cross the ocean themselves, but I think our abilities are better suited towards a Fluyt, especially after we acquire the Voice of the Seas and thus can move the winds in our favor. What do the rest of you guys think?

(By the way, I've added you to the list of members, Rufa.)

Old 08-19-2012, 04:56 AM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Not to quote a certain blonde singer, but with a Fluyt, we get the best of both worlds. Fluyts can still navigate shallows with greater ease than bulkier ships, yet can still hold cannons. I think we could have the group craft a basic longboat or canoe at some time where the rivers are the fastest way to their destination whilst on land. However, I stand by the Fluyt until that time should come.

Spoiler:
Old 08-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Rufa Offline

Point. But then I wonder, what is the extent of the Nomade abilities? Since we do have the ability to control water and wind already, the question is how much we'd really need the voice of the sea... though I suppose it would be a rather good thing to get it out of the pe2000 paws.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Flynt Offline

I imagine it's stronger and more complete then our own abilities as Nomade. Plus use of it won't wear us out.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Flynt Offline

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to announce that I've gotten us started. Feel free to place yourselves wherever you like on the ship. The crow's nest will probably be an NPC unless one of you guys really want it. I'd like for someone to be at the helm, but that can be an NPC too if none of you guys want it.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Rufa Offline

Yeeeeessssss.

I'll hog the crows nest then; I mean, I'd take the helm but, ya know... tiny hands on wings. Crobats just doesn't look like they're particularly suited for the job I'm afraid.