Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 08-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Soul Calibur Series

Am I the only one here that plays? It's an AWESOME series! Personally, I use the Alexandra family.

Who do you use?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Soul Calibur Series

Soul Calibur is an awesome series. I wish there was a little more to the story, but overall it's a great game.

I tend to use mainly Ivy, Tira, and Cervantes. Lately I've been working on Hilde, Viola, Lexia, and Z.W.E.I.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Pffft, um... I think I've only played Soul Calibur IV so far (there's five at the moment, right?) and that was a while ago xD I quite enjoyed playing with my own guy and developing him. I also liked playing as Astaroth - he was just power-hungry and a hard hitter, which I liked about him xD Him running around as a giant in the ending scene was amusing :')

I also liked that assassin, ninja, zombie-like hissing guy.... Voldo! He was funny xD Lizardman was also cool, Kilik had a staff so he was a pimp, Siegfried was a boss and Zasalamel was also pretty badass.

Soul Calibur V any good?

Also, CM, I agree with the preference to a little more plot, but still, the game(s) is/are pretty cool xP

(I can't really give any valid opinions - I only played the one game )

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:52 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Yes, there's five games right now. At least with the Soul Calibur title. There was one before them, but I don't remember the title of it. It was the first in the series. And I've only started playing since SCII.

I really liked how in SCIII they introduced the character creator. I also like how in that one there were different fighting styles separate from the main characters as well as a separate story. Too bad they completely changed that in IV, but they added a bit more to the creator. And it then advanced in V. I'm really impressed with the character creator in V. I love it X3

And This added info was added because I had forgotten about it until Sealboy mentioned using his own character. The characters I listed are all fighting styles my characters have, and I like to use them over the canon characters. I have a ton of OCs on my game, but I also have friends creating characters on it. I just happen to have the most X3 I can go back and look to see exactly how many characters that were created and how many are mine if anyone would like to know.

My opinion on SCV? I like it. They improved the character creator and introduced new characters and fighting styles, as well as changed some already existing styles. The story mode was lacking in my opinion since it pretty much repeated itself and was completely predictable (except for maybe once something took me by surprise). I haven't tried online play yet (I'm a bit hesitant since the only online game I've played is WoW) but everything else is good. I'm glad I own it. Definitely a good game to play with friends.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 AM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

The first one is Soul Blade or Soul Edge in Europe. ;)

I started with Soul Calibur II WAY back when, like when I was 4 years old. I always used Cassandra up until SCIV, where I used Sophitia. I use Pyrrha as my lead now. I abuse the Character Creator sooo much. <3

I character create my whole family! I even give my pets human personas. XD

I think SCVI will improve the Character Creator further, which I'm really excited about. I just wish you could transfer character creation/original characters from any game to SCV...
Old 08-23-2012, 02:55 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

So I ain't the only one who abuses the creator X3

I haven't heard of anything about a SCVI, but I would not be surprised if it's in development and will expand the character creator even further. I do hope they expand the story a bit more as well. It's becoming repetitive, but I guess that's also what makes it Soul Calibur. But I would like to know more about the characters through gameplay instead of having to look up their profiles online. I would also like to see original fighting styles that are unique to created characters and not just the styles of the main characters. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
~Blast Burn

Nope. XD

Yeah, SCVI probably won't come out until like, 4-5 years anyways...

Hopefully they'll be reading up on what people say and what we want to see.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

I don't have it, but I've played it a few times, and it was really fun.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 09-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Exophi Offline

Send a message via MSN to Exophi

I enjoy this series.

Bought a copy of Soul Caliber V.

Hopefully if they release another they'll bring back some of the fighting styles (or characters) that they took out of previous games. I also was a little disappointed that the characters didn't get individual stories this time around.

I used to use Cassandra, Talim, and Lizardman. Now I pretty much play around with all the styles. The new game is much prettier though.

Who else likes playing with character creation to add character from other sources to the game?
Old 09-15-2012, 07:43 PM
~Blast Burn

I usually don't bring characters back through creation, mainly because I suck at it and I know they aren't real. XD

What I do is I make me and my imaginary family in every game. Lol, I'm too lonely. ;o; I have a wife and three kids, with seven grandchildren though. XD
Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I also started with 2, loved playing as Link. Played Taki in 3, which I really enjoyed and learned to actually fight better. I skipped 4 due to hearing they took out original non-character weapon styles. I own 5 (PS3) but have barely scratched the surface of it. It's so different from 3 that it's mind boggling what they've done with it. I'd been learning Natsu and of course the main character of the Story mode out of requirement. "Mini Taki" is fun to play, and from testing all the old moves are there including additions. I just miss the hotness of Taki.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

I only enjoyed SCII. Picked up SCIII and SCIV in hopes that they would be better but they got progressively worse. I really wished the series kept my interest, though. When I did play I mained Kilik and Talim.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 10-30-2012, 12:55 AM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

V is dreadful I much prefer IV for competitive play.

VPP:

Level100:@384

Hey I'm no angel, or the devil of your conscience to tell you who to be... good, bad, ugly or otherwise.