Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:42 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly
Default Pokemon 4Ever

So I decided to re-start watching the Pokemon anime from episode 1 season 1, so that I can also watch the banned Japanese episodes, since I was not able to when I was younger.

Last night, I began my journey by watching episode 1 of Pokemon.
That is what really got me thinking.

In Pokemon 4Ever, Ash meets a young Oak, who sees he has a Pikachu, they have a strong bond... time travel is fun... you get the point.

Now, back to episode 1. Delia wanted Ash to get a good night sleep so that he could choose his Pokemon in the morning, however he woke up late.

Could Oak have gotten Delia in on the whole "I met your son when I was 10 because he traveled through time and he can't be on time today because he needs to get this Pikachu"?

If so, how do you feel Delia's initial reaction would be?

Shun the non-believer
Old 08-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: Pokemon 4Ever

I think it might play out a little like this:

Oak: Hey, I met your son with a Pikachu when I was 10, so I need him to wake up late.
Delia: O_O I think I might catch one for him...

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 08-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Sheepat Offline

Delia is Oaks' Charmeleon

Or maybe Oak sneaked into Ash's house and turned the clock back.

But most likely? Oak probably decided that time would run its course. He had already once experienced time travel, and he didn't want to do anything that could potentially ruin the timeline. He's a professor, after all.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

That's a pretty cool observation! I think it kinda makes sense. I always wondered why Delia didn't wake up her son on perhaps the most important day of his life and instead just let him sleep in and potentially completely miss out on a Pokemon.

Delia seems like a pretty unquestioning person. She didn't even freak out when she found out her son was 'the chosen one' who had to save the whole world in Pokemon 2000. If Oak just told her that she should allow Ash to sleep in since he had a special surprise for him or something, I think she would have easily gone along with it. From memory she isn't very surprised when Ash shows up with a Pokemon that isn't even a regular starter, either. xD
Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
That's a pretty cool observation! I think it kinda makes sense. I always wondered why Delia didn't wake up her son on perhaps the most important day of his life and instead just let him sleep in and potentially completely miss out on a Pokemon.

Delia seems like a pretty unquestioning person. She didn't even freak out when she found out her son was 'the chosen one' who had to save the whole world in Pokemon 2000. If Oak just told her that she should allow Ash to sleep in since he had a special surprise for him or something, I think she would have easily gone along with it. From memory she isn't very surprised when Ash shows up with a Pokemon that isn't even a regular starter, either. xD
Maybe she was asleep too? X3 I think it was just so Ash could get an unusual starter.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:42 PM
goldwynaut Offline

sam is young prof.oak? i never thought of that before, he must have changed his name to samuel sometime later. and is there any proof actually is professor oak?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
sam is young prof.oak? i never thought of that before, he must have changed his name to samuel sometime later. and is there any proof actually is professor oak?
At the end, it shows the Pikachu drawing that Sam did in Oak's lab. Is that proof enough?

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 09-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
So I decided to re-start watching the Pokemon anime from episode 1 season 1, so that I can also watch the banned Japanese episodes, since I was not able to when I was younger.

Last night, I began my journey by watching episode 1 of Pokemon.
That is what really got me thinking.

In Pokemon 4Ever, Ash meets a young Oak, who sees he has a Pikachu, they have a strong bond... time travel is fun... you get the point.

Now, back to episode 1. Delia wanted Ash to get a good night sleep so that he could choose his Pokemon in the morning, however he woke up late.

Could Oak have gotten Delia in on the whole "I met your son when I was 10 because he traveled through time and he can't be on time today because he needs to get this Pikachu"?

If so, how do you feel Delia's initial reaction would be?
Maybe he didn't want to alter the course of history. If you think about it, in their timeline, Ash would have been late no matter what. If he wasn't, it would have been a different timeline. Oak's visit to the future was already part of both past and future. For instance:

We know time travel isn't possible. Why? We haven't met anyone who has time-traveled from the future.

Or, another example, let's say the idea of the PokeDex was given to Oak, as a young child, when he visited Ash in the future. That would have required it to have happened both later and before the present time period, or else the event wouldn't have happened.

In other words, BWONG!

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 09-09-2012 at 12:05 AM.