Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path [SU/DS]

Name: Velocity.

Character: Othniel Moto-Moyo (OATH-nee-yell; means Lion of God. Moto-Moyo translates to Fire-Heart).

Species: Lion-man.

Class: Warrior, with a bit of shaman talent.

Appearance: From the first moment you see him, Othniel shrieks 'lion'. He is a giant, from his six-foot-ten height to his broad, muscular shoulders. His hair is long and golden like the mane of a lion. His skin is dark, with golden, swirling tattoos on his shoulders, arms, and chest, similar to the ones on his face. His face is strange to look at; his nose is broad and flat like a feline's, his eyes are almost human - with their amber irises and feline pupils - and his broad jaw is filled with cat's fangs. His fingers are tipped with great ivory claws, as are his toes. Multiple scars line his body; the most noticeable ones are four slashes down the right side of his face and a thick, ropy gash down the left side of his chest. He usually wears hide clothing or light armor, not so much because it's too heavy for him as it restricts his mobility. His clothes and armor are often decorated with the fur, bones, or teeth of the animals he's hunted. He tends not to wear shoes. He doesn't have a tail because that would be dumb.

Personality: Othniel is rather friendly and has no problem making conversation with others. He doesn't have a silver tongue or anything, but he he can get along with people relatively easily. He is easygoing and relaxed most of the time, but he is often animated by an almost childlike energy and excitement. He loves to run, fight, and hunt, and enjoys showing off his immense strength. He is rather proud and headstrong. However, despite his pride, he will admit if or when he feels that he is wrong - which isn't often, but it does happen. Othniel has a strong sense of honor and loyalty, which sometimes leads him to make decisions that are not altogether practical. Book learning is not Othniel's strong suit; however, he knows his stuff when it comes to medicine and tactics. He is not overly nice, and has a somewhat abrasive attitude, but he will often display kindness whenever he feels someone merits his sympathy. Thanks to his lionlike nature, Othniel has a deep-seated fury within himself that he cannot always control. It isn't particularly easy to make him angry, and making him violently so is even harder, but once he is angry it is extremely difficult to calm him down and he will often vent his rage on allies if they do anything to trigger his attention.

History: Othniel was born into a small nomadic tribe that wandered the wild grasslands south of Goldstone. He was raised as an apprentice to the tribe shaman, but as he grew older he decided that the life of a healer and seer wasn't for him. He learned how to fight and hunt with the dagger and the spear, and decided that he much preferred the life of a tribe warrior. As he hunted the animals of the grasses he found himself studying the lion, noting its strength and ferocity in the hunt, and he wished to possess these qualities for himself. He went back to the shaman who had raised him and asked how he could take on the strength of a lion. The shaman consulted the spirits in the air and the spirits in the earth, and he told Othniel that he had to kill a lion without the use of offensive spells or any kind of shield or weapon. No other could aid him in the fight, and it must be a strong lion - if it was weak or sick, Othniel's soul would inherit this sickness and it would wither and die.

Othniel laughed at the shaman, saying that no man could kill a lion alone - let alone without weapons! The shaman then spoke several spells, giving Othniel much greater courage and strength, and sent him out to kill a lion. So Othniel went out and found a lion, and he fought with it for two days and nights. He was mauled in a few places - including on his chest and across his face - but finally he managed to kill the great beast. He brought the body back to the shaman, who marked Othniel's brow with the blood of the lion and spoke several more spells. Othniel's body changed, and he became much taller and much stronger. He had gained the strength of the lion, as well as the form he now has.

After his transformation, Othniel's tribe became wary of him, thinking he had been possessed by a demon. Eventually the tension grew to the point where three frightened tribesmen attempted to kill Othniel in his sleep. However, he awoke before they could lay a hand on him and, in a fit of instinctive rage, killed all three. Horrified, he went to the shaman, who told him that he had gotten the ferocity of the lion in addition to his strength. The shaman told Othniel to flee, giving his former student his staff. Othniel now wanders Aloria, going where he wills, often renting himself out as a caravan guard or mercenary.

Stats:
- Strength: 18
- Dexterity: 12
- Intelligence: 11
- Constitution: 13
- Wisdom: 10
- Charisma: 12

Languages:
- Common
- Beast
- Somewhat broken Pokemon

Feats:
- Power Attack
- Armor Skin
- Track
- Alertness
- Persuasive

Spells:

- Summon Rain
Summons rain. Can be anything from a gentle drizzle to a gusting storm. The larger the rainfall, the more energy it requires.
- Summon Lightning
Can only be cast in the rain. Calls down a bolt of lightning from the sky and into Othniel's staff, where it can then be redirected from the staff and into an opponent, or split in order to strike multiple opponents.
- Summon Thunderstorm*
Conjures up a storm with high winds and bolts of lightning that blast targets randomly. This can also hurt allies.
- Basic Healing
With the assistance of herbs and chants, Othniel can heal light or simple wounds such as bruises and cuts.
- Enhanced Healing*
With the assistance of herbs and chants, Othniel can heal moderate wounds such as large gashes and fractured or cracked bones. He cannot knit broken bones together, however.
- Dream Walking
Othniel can walk in the dreams of others, allowing him to see their thoughts. He can manipulate their dreams to a certain extent, although the more he does this the more likely it is that they will notice something is wrong. In dreams, he cannot harm the dreamer physically. Within the dream, he is all-powerful. He can also manipulate his own dreams this way, since he can dream-walk whether he is awake or asleep.
- Limited Seeing
Othniel can, with the aid of several chants, look into water and have brief visions of the past, present, or future. However, these visions are often muddled and do not last for very long.
- Seeing*
Othniel can, with the aid of several chants, look into water and have visions of the past, present, or future. The visions are clearer and last longer than before.

Inventory:

Weapon(s)
- Ivory Hilt Dagger x1
A steel dagger with a hilt made from the tusk of an elephant. The hilt is ornately carved with patterns that resemble animals and a twisting river.
- Shaman's Staff x3
A long wooden pole cut from an oak branch. The wood is carved with intricate spirals and designs that its previous owner claims aid in the channeling of magic through the staff. A spherical chunk of quartz caps the staff, held there by four wood clasps carved in the shapes of eagles' claws. Around the staff an emerald medallion is wrapped, adorned with animal teeth, is wrapped.

Armor
Horned Helm x1
A helm made of hard leather. Two elephant tusks protrude from the back, giving the wearer the appearance of having horns.
Leather Body x1
Simple armor for the torso, made from animal hides. Around the shoulders are sewn several animal fangs to make it look more ferocious.
Leather Gloves x2
Simple gloves made of leather.

Other
Fang Amulet x1
An amulet lined with fangs. The pendant is a simple disk made of yellow quartz.
Provisions x3
Some dried meat, several berries and fruits and a bit of bread. About a day's worth of meals as long as you aren't doing much of anything more strenuous than walking.
Shaman's Pouch x1
A small leather bag made to hold various herbs and other potion ingredients. It contains:
- Small Healing Potion 2x
- Small Strength Potion 2x
- Aloe Leaf 3x
- Acacia Bark 1x
- All coins that Othniel is carrying

Waterskin
A large skin pouch made for holding water during long trips through the dry grassland.

Money: 33 coppers and one shiny gold coin.

Companion:

Jasiri the Braviary ♂
Ability: Sheer Force
Techniques: Hone Claws, Crush Claw, Aerial Ace, Brave Bird
Signature Technique: Claws of Fire
- Jasiri rushes his opponent, slashing them with his claws ablaze, as if he is using the Heat Wave his brethren can master. He contains all of this fire in his claws, so that he burns the opponent as well as ripping them open.

Other: I like waffles!

-

You guys you guys you guys you guys!

I'm going out of state for two days coming up, and I'm not sure I'll be able to post before then because I may be very busy on Friday as well. So, I'm making this WIP post for now. DM, would you be so kind as to give me a little extension? Sunday night should be the latest I'd be ready.

* Will be able to learn them later

Nixed the pictures on the tattoos. I won't be able to fetch images for them for a little while and I've always been leery of using pictures I didn't make. Maybe I'll sketch up a design some day.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 09-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

That'll be no problem, Velocity. I'll give you a five day extension. So far I see nothing wrong with your SU other than the picture for the facial tattoo ref photo not working for me. Any other critics I may have will be once you finish your SU and I look over it more thoroughly.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

I am done, people of the world!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

I'm going to drop out of the RP. I'd really like to do it, but I've been awfully busy lately and I'm only going to get busier. Sorry :(

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

I would like to formally make a reservation then.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:43 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

@narphoenix: Sorry it took me a while to reply. I wanted to take my time reading over your SU to take in every detail and think about it. From what I've seen, everything looks good. Very interesting character you have there, and I look forward to seeing him in action. Accepted.

@sammy0295: I completely understand. If you ever get free time and wish to rejoin, send me a PM. I'm sure we can work something out if all the original places are taken, it be I invite you to play an NPC or allow you to create a PC and bring him/her into the game where we're at.

@Kaioo: Very well then. Reserved. Since you accepted the invite, you do not have to complete the SU in the five day reservation. However the sooner you can post it the better :3

All reservations are once again taken! No more will be accepted at this time!

On one last note, I will be posting a Character Directory. It got a positive reaction out of those who posted about the idea. So on this thread feel free to post spells, languages, skills, companions, items, or whatever your character would like to obtain. On the CD I will post what is to be posted about your character, using my character Surge as an example (mainly because I'm thinking he'll be a constant NPC, since technically I'm not supposed to have a PC being the DM but I want him to be apart of the group). Does that sound good to everyone?

EDIT: And I fail as a DM for forgetting about feats. For now I will allow a max of five, but post them here first to be accepted. Same for known languages and spells. You can either post them on your SU or in a separate post. Just as long as I see them for approval before they go on your character sheet when I get the other thread started.

EDIT2: The Character Directory is now up. You can only post there once I have accepted your character and his or her known languages, feats, and spells on this thread!

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 08-30-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

I edited in Daniel's feats and languages.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I don't see anything wrong with the feats, but I am still debating on the languages. I'm not sure when or if some of the languages you have selected, and I'm not sure if I like Daniel knowing Beast Tongue. I can understand him knowing Pokémon because he can shapeshift into one, but still iffy about Beast.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

If he studies a beast form, he can gain it as well. Perhaps if I reserve it until he gains such a form?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:47 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

That would be preferable. Go ahead and keep it on the SU here, but when you post your character sheet in the directory leave it out. Other than that you're ready to post Daniel in the Character Directory. You don't need to format it or have it in the same order as Surge's, but all of the info on his needs to be included on yours. With Daniel's information, of course :3

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Should be finished, finally. Let me know if anything needs editing :3

Name: Jaye although any variation of my username is fine too

Character: Lumi, although she usually introduces herself as Frost instead.

Species: Human

Class: Rogue (However, unlike the typical Rogue, Frost is unable to wield an array of weapons. Almost in exchange, she can use the small shield FrozenWasteland).

Appearance: Giving Frost a good glancing reveals abnormal features. Her short, slate hair is parted to the right, obscuring a blind eye. This one, unlike its cerulean counterpart, is an eerie light silver. During the rare times it is seen, one would note it appears unnatural, and even soulless.

Without her gloves, an observer would have no issues distinguishing all the scars along her arms. They are no noticeable patterns, each cut varying in length and width from the other. However, it would appear her left side has taken a bit more damage than the right. For a person that spends so much time outdoors, Lumi is rather pale. This doesn’t mean her skin is a sickly, pasty white, but has it not tanned in the slightest.

This outfit is similar to the one Frost sports. The key differences are mostly colour based, unsurprisingly, the young woman prefers cool shades and this is apparent in her clothes. The maroon scarf and half cloak are faded cobalt, matching closely with her navy top. In the place of the brown-ish material resting above the knee is Frost’s leg armour, dubbed Windchill. These are adorned with a simple winter-theme décor and, if removed, simply reveal more of the black pants. Boots, on the other hand, are a steel-blue, and appear well worn.

One of the more major changes would be the arms. In Frost’s case, she wears charcoal fingerless gloves that barely reach beyond her elbows. These too show signs of use; a few random tears are present in the fabric. Two rounded shoulder pads complete the ensemble, very well matching Winchill.

Personality: As her nickname might suggest, Frost acts cold. This doesn’t signify she is purposefully mean, although she comes off as harsh and even uncaring. Usually, she doesn’t speak until spoken to, and even then her responses are minimalistic and tend to be emotionless. This rings true of her facial features as well, making it very difficult to indentify how Lumi feels about unfolding situations and the people involved. Those that have had frequent dealings with her have either come to assume that she is a complete stoic or learned to decipher certain actions and tendencies.

Unsurprisingly, the young woman is very much a loner. She doesn’t enjoy groups, especially when made the centre of attention. In these situations, Frost would prefer flight over fight, as the latter only tends to draw even more gazes.

A genre savvy individual could draw the conclusion that her social aversion and stoic tendencies act as a mask, shielding a more venerable side of her character. This, in fact, would be a half-truth. There is more emotionally to Lumi then she lets on, and is hiding painful secrets. If the barrier is ever breached, she will try to withdraw in order to regain composure and prevent further penetration. Digging too deep will result in a violent lashing out, be warned.

The other side of the coin, however, is she was never a social person and tended to be calm and emotionally reserved. A bit warmer and friendlier, yes, but her current state, overall, could be described as her natural character driven to an extreme.

History: When questioned about her past, Frost will give the asker a blank stare and will walk away, completely disengaging from the would-be conversation. However, a smart eye would be able to deduce a few things about Lumi’s history if they hung around her, even if for a short while. She speaks with a slight accent (Scandinavian), and coupled with her name (it’s Finnish), indicates the girl is indeed from the northern regions of Aloria. Likewise, being quite scarred points in the direction of struggle and conflict. Frost’s reaction is something to note as well, she is clearly not willing to share her story. Now the reason for that can be plenty, but distrust and unhealed scars can sometimes, accurately, come into the picture…

Having vanished not long after her birth, Lumi was raised primarily by her three older brothers. She never learned the reason for their disappearance, although the youngest among them did give her unsettling looks when the topic was brought up. Luckily, her care fell in the hands of the middle brother, from whom the girl learned to read and basic swordplay. Unluckily, around her ninth birthday, he was found murdered, but the party responsible was unidentifiable.

Lumi was (and still is) devastated, but this would be the first of more unfortunate events to come. A betrayal put her in the hands of outlaws, to whom her literacy was quite a pretty bonus. Escapes were in vain, pain was endured and the captivity continued. Finally, one attempt went right, only to end up in a tight pursuit.

“That girl knows too much, we can’t let her get away now…”

While they never did catch up, their worries were eased when she gunned for the mountains. A scrawny girl, unprepared as she was, had little hopes of surviving. Death would be coming for her soon enough…

The outlaws would have been right, if not for a lone Glaceon. Kaze saved Lumi from the brink of starvation and the two strangers stuck together. The ice-type, having lost her love in a fight, felt she was doing right by him in taking care of the girl. Lumi had little choice, too weak and defenceless to survive on her own.

It was during her stay in the mountains that the teenager discovered a hidden ruin. Inside was a thin, simple tablet, a first glance did much to hide the power locked within the etchings. Articuno’s followers had sealed blessed items, fearing a great evil would one day purge the land. The armour and scythe Lumi dubbed “BlackIce” were the result. Despite being skeptical about the “great evil”, she knew the weapon would be helpful.

A few training accidents did occur before the girl could properly wield BlackIce, but the pay off was worth it. Now, wild Pokémon had a much harder time getting the best of her and despite being lost in the mountains, things seemed to be going well.

That is, until they were surrounded by a group of angry Ursaring not much later. An accident cost Lumi her best friend, the sight of Kaze being ripped apart to forever haunt her dreams. Destroying them all did little to help the situation, Frost was broken.

Almost mockingly, it didn’t take her much longer to find a road leading out of the mountains. When the darkness attacked, she almost let them have her, but her will would not let them win. After a long struggle, Frost won, but paid the price for her delayed action with her right eye. With a sigh, her travels continued, more fights were had, none as marking…

Stats:
Strength : 13
Dexterity: 11
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 9

Languages:
Common
Scandinavian (a blend of Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish) (or whatever dialect you'd prefer them to speak in the northern regions of the land)
Has a very (very) narrow understanding of Pokémon, having spent so much time with Kaze. She has no ability to speak it whatsoever.

Feats:
Endurance
Inquisitor
Investigator
Rapid Metabolism
Weapon Focus- Scythe

Inventory:
Weapons/Armour:

BlackIce:* Frost’s main weapon, this scythe is infused with the power of ice. It emits a strong chill, which ensures others who try to wield it will freeze their hands. Likewise, if it doesn’t land a kill shot, BlackIce can also render its victims frozen in the strike area.
*Disregard the axe-like weapon and the chain linking to it

FrozenWasteland: A winter themed shield. It is cold to the touch and resists both magic based attacks and blows from most weapons.

Frostbite: Despite not being one of her "ice" themed weapons, out of shear habit, Frostbite earned a wintery name anyway. It operates typically.

WindChill: Apart from the nature of its existence and ice motif, this armour functions generically.

SnowBound: Apart from the nature of its existence and ice motif, this armour functions generically.

General:

Satchel: Slung over her right shoulder, this leather bag is more spacious then it might appear.

Steel bottle: Contains enough water to comfortably last a single person one day.

Provisions: Some dried food, enough to last a few meals worth on an average day.

First Aid kit: A rather simple kit, useful for minor wounds.

Coin Case: A simple pouch used to store money.

Money: 1 gold, 40 silver

Companion:N/A

Other: (anything else you think is worth mentioning that wasn't in any other part of the SU)

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }

Last edited by Eternal Moonlight; 09-10-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: FROSTBITE!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

May continue to adjust this.

Name: Kaioo

Character: Archeon Pendragon (True Name: Azrael)

Age: Appears to be around 27 human years in age, but is actually 783 years old

Species: Demon- "Fallen" Demon Lord(He's a Demon Lord, but has been outcasted from the Demon Realm for his actions)
Class: Warrior

Appearance: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1...r_09_super.jpg

Archeon stands at the height of six foot eight inches, and his eyes are a crimson colour. His hair is jet black in colour, and is of medium length, spiked up, almost like a flame. His skin is golden brown in colour. He has a rather muscular build, though he is not excessively muscular. He has a scar running across the bottom of his right eye going down over the bridge of his nose, and to the left edge of his lips.

Personality: Archeon is brutal when it comes to his enemies, as he rarely, if ever, is willing to show mercy, unless they can provide something useful to him, though he still does tend to kill them anyway. Even though he is brutal, he is kind at heart, willing to put himself on the line to protect his friends and allies without hesitation.

Archeon is a trustworthy man, even though he does have secrets, and he can be trusted to protect those around him. When he sets himself onto a task, he does not give up until the task is completed, unless the task is proven to be impossible. Though he is kind at heart, he can be cruel and cold when you're not in his "good books", or even if he was angered. He has a dark sense of humour, sometimes finding enjoyment in killing his foes, and it is up in the air whether this is a normal part of him, or whether he's insane.

History:
Year 1- Archeon comes into form.
Year 13- Archeon appears in the human realm, saving a village from a group of lesser Demons that were terrorizing the village, before disappearing.
Year 18- Archeon reappears in the human realm, preventing the summoning of a Demon Lord intent on destroying the human realm, and killing three Balors in doing so.
Year 109- Archeon appears in the human realm as The Horned Lord tries to invade the human realm. Archeon prevents the invasion, killing a multitude of lesser Demons.
Year 291- Archeon defends a village from Argeal, a Demon Lord, killing the Demon Lord. Because of this, Archeon is banished from the Demon realm, for killing another Lord, and remains in the human realm.
Year 540- Archeon defends Westwood from a group of five Balors.
Year 720- Archeon protects a village on the southern outskirts of the land from a Goristro. Upon returning to the village, he is called to be executed by the village elder, as they believe him to be an evil entity. Angered by this betrayal, he slaughters the town, before going into exile, disappearing from civilization, angered with himself for slaughtering so many people.

Stats:
Strength 17
Dexterity 8
Constitution 16
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 8
Charisma 17

Languages: Abyssal,Common,Draconic,Celestial and Infernal

Feats:
Heavy Armour Proficiency
Toughness
Diligent
Weapon Focus- Sword
Rapid Metabolism

Spells: N/A

Inventory:
http://www.danscottart.com/Images/WH_ChaosSword_H.jpg-Gaedron
1xDaedric(Demon) Helm- though has the appearance of a Steel helm.
1xDaedric Chestplate
1xBarbaric Daedric Legplates(fur adorning the groin area)
1xTorn Red Cape
1x coin pouch
1x water pouch
1x satchel
Money: 5 gold.
Companion: N/A
Other: He has a Split Personality. When angered, he becomes almost sadistic, though still retains his loyalty to his friends.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.

Last edited by Kaioo; 09-02-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Guess whose sign-up is done? Mine!

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 08-31-2012, 10:04 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I just signed on, so I will get to your SUs shortly. But I have been getting questions about certain feats, so let me answer them here so everyone well know my answer. You are not allowed to have feats that add stat points or any feats that have Empower, Enlarge, Epic, Extend, Expand, Great, Improved, Legendary, and Maximize in the title.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Changed Daniel's Openmindedness to Inquisitor. Hope that means Daniel is now completely finalized.