Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 PM
NES2 Offline

Default NES2 Vs. Sheepat -- Sheepat wins by DQ.

Quote:
(1) Single Battle, 3 Pokemon Each
(2) DQ: Three Days
(3) Damage Caps: None
(4) Restrictions: No OHKO moves - No items
(5) Arena: 2Fort
The battle will take place on and around the bridge section of the map, which spans a body of water between the two forts. The trainers will issue their commands from the battlements of the forts, where both members of both the RED and BLU mercenary teams are spectating and cheering for the trainer and Pokemon representing their side. The Administrator is also watching the battle, and is acting as the announcer for this match.
(6) Ref Style: Open
I'll be representing BLU, so I'll have Psycho come on out first. Give it your best shot!

[Psycho] Totodile [M]
Ability: Torrent

Quote:
Signature Move: Facial Foam

Description: Psycho received his quaint moniker not because of his actual mental state but due to a little trick the Pokemon had learned as an intimidation tactic. While Psycho is in fact a relatively normal Pokemon with no abnormal behaviors, in battle Psycho has learned that putting up a facade of instability has a severe psychological impact on his opponents.

The act is relatively simple. Totodile first jets water through his teeth to create a foam that mimics the symptoms of rabies. He pairs this trick with odd and erratic movements and expressions, the goal of this move is to make Psycho seem entirely insane, weakening the opponent's resolve and willingness to battle.

Type: Water
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100%
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: 6%
Impact: Single Target
Priority: 0
Effects: The target's attack stat is reduced by 1/3 (Three Stages)
Usage Gap: Once Per Battle

Last edited by NES2; 09-18-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Opened battle reffing since closed ref has gone MIA.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Sheepat Offline

Default Re: NES2 Vs. Sheepat (REF - narphoenix)

Jitterbug (Joltik) Male
Ability: Compoundeyes
Signature: None

Use Thunder Wave to paralyze him. If he taunts, however, use Electroweb. Then Electro Ball, unless he tries to go into the water. In that case, use Discharge

Thunder Wave/Electroweb ~ Electro Ball/Discharge
Old 09-01-2012, 01:47 AM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: NES2 Vs. Sheepat (REF - narphoenix)

Alrighty then, let's beat the odds and fight against that Joltik's type-advantage! First, use your signature move to scare that bug senseless! Then crunch down on him with those foamy fangs!

Facial Foam ~ Crunch
Old 09-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Default Re: NES2 Vs. Sheepat

Apparently, I cannot take my eyes off of the incompetents of RED and BLU for a single instant. I merely got up to order Miss Pauling to make me a coffee, and when I came down to watch the teams gloriously at each others' throats, the BLU Scout and RED Pyro had vandalized my bridge with a circle of chalk and I swear the next time I saw them I was going to slowly torture them to-

"Announcer? I got you your coffee. Will there be anything else- oh, look, the teams are having a Pokemon battle. Odd. I didn't think any of them had any."

"Any what, Miss Pauling?"

"Pokemon. They are creatures with phenomenal powers, and many of them are pretty cute, too."

"Cute? Instead of bashing each others' brains in, my mercenaries are sending out CUTE little creatures to pretend to have battle?! Explain to me why I should not find some way to annihilate them all?!" Sure enough, two small creatures were summoned forth by the mercenaries: one looked like a small crocodile, the other like an overly large tick.

NES2

[Psycho] Totodile (M)
Sig Move: Facial Foam
HP: 100
ENG: 100

Sheepat

Jitterbug (Joltik) Male
Sig Move: None

"I recommend you at least wait until you see how these creatures 'pretend' to have battle." Miss Pauling seemed uncharacteristically smug at this, as though she knew something I did not. The expression was so foreign on her face that my curiosity won out as I turned to the screen to see what was going to happen. As I did, I noticed that the tick-thing was faster than the crocodile as it wielded a weak current against its opponent, striking the alligator directly in the snout. I was wondering why it did not merely increase the current to incinerate its opponent where it stood when I saw that the crocodile was having a hard time moving. I smiled when I realized that, despite the appearances of cuteness between these creatures, they were every bit as vicious as human beings: the tick was playing with its food before it feasted.
Accuracy rolled a 73 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. (Jitterbug: -4ENG; Psycho: PRZ, -6SPD)

The crocodile had an interesting response to that: or at least it would have, if its muscles hadn't delightfully started to spasm at that moment, preventing any meaningful movement.
Paralysis Roll was 6511 where any result less than or equal to 5000 resulted in Psycho successfully carrying out its orders. (Psycho: -6ENG)

The small tick was indeed proving itself a predator. It began to prepare a ball of lightning, far outpacing the small crocodile, especially due to the croc's moment of weakness due to limited movement. The electricity seemed to respond to the tick's movement, getting more powerful the more he out sped the small reptile. Just as I thought the ball couldn't get much bigger, the little arachnid LAUNCHED it at its opponent, decimating him. I screamed in triumph as the little denizen of the water (I hear Miss Pauling calling it a Dodotile?) staggered. The tick was not completely invincible though; it looked quite exhausted after that attack.
Critical hit rolled a 3400, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 38 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. (Jitterbug: -26 ENG; Psycho: -31 HP)

The Dodotile then demonstrated that it was not as helpless as it appeared when it moved forward and grabbed the tick using its vicelike jaws. However, this move appeared to exhaust its user more than damaging its target.
Paralysis Roll was 5794 where any result less than or equal to 7500 resulted in Psycho successfully carrying out its orders. Critical hit rolled a 9726, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 63 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect (Roll 1-5. If 1: Target: -1 DEF): Rolled from 1 to 5. Result was 3. (Psycho: -22ENG, Jitterbug: -13HP)

I yelled out in an authoritative voice that sounded nothing like a child not getting abducted on Australian Christmas morning,"YES, YES, CRUSH THEM ALIVE!!!!!" Miss Pauling took a moment to question my sanity with a look.

NES2

[Psycho] Totodile (M)
Sig Move: Facial Foam
HP: 69
ENG: 72
PRZ, -6SPD

Sheepat

Jitterbug (Joltik) Male
HP: 87
ENG: 68

NES2, moves please.

Last edited by narphoenix; 09-22-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 AM
NES2 Offline

It seems this ain't your battle to fight champ. Let's try and salvage this situation!

Let's switch you out for Baxter, who will probably be able to fry this bug in seconds. Use Flamethrower just like the Pyro taught you, unless Sheepat switches too, in which case you should probably use Crunch.

Switch (Growlithe) ~ Flamethrower/Crunch
Old 09-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Sheepat Offline

Alright. We're in trouble here. Jitterbug, let's switch out for Lexington:

Lexington (Mienfoo) Male
Ability: Regenerator

Lex, use Stone Edge!

Switch (Mienfoo) ~ Stone Edge
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

I was just about to consider not hamstringing the battlers when they each pulled out a red and white ball. The cowards were retreating! I seathed as I spat,"What. Do. They. Think. They're. Doing."

"Relax. The battle will continue. They're just changing the Pokemon battling, that's all."

Apparently, Miss Pauling is psychic. Not three seconds after she completed that statement, I turned to the screen and saw two more of the cute vicious things. One looked like a dog and the other appeared to be a weasel of some sort.

Sheepat

Lexington (Mienfoo) Male

NES2

[Baxter] Growlithe (M)
Ability: Flash Fire

The weasel was faster this time. It rushed the little dog and struck it directly in the side with an arm reminding of stone. But the weasel seemed to be more tired from this than the dog.
Accuracy rolled 15 where more than 80 would be a miss. (Lexington: -26ENG; Baxter: -21HP)

The dog decided to counter this with the simple maneuver of chewing. It bit down as hard as it could on the weasel's arm. The weasel shook it off, but the dog drew quite a bit of blood.
Accuracy rolled 90, over 100 would be a miss. Effect rolled 5 from set of 1-5 (1 lowers Def of target). (Baxter: -18ENG; Lexington: -11HP)

Sheepat

Lexington (Mienfoo) Male
HP: 89
ENG: 74

NES2

[Baxter] Growlithe (M)
HP: 79
ENG: 82

This took a little longer than it should have. Sorry.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:48 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Sheepat, you have 24 hours before you are DQed.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 AM
Sheepat Offline

Taunt to make sure he doesn't roar you away, then Drain Punch him for energy reasons.

Taunt ~ Drain Punch
Old 12-31-2012, 03:24 PM
NES2 Offline

Alright Baxter, seems there is no running now! Let's get viscous!

Alright, when that Drain Punch is thrown Crunch right into the arm he uses. Then when you've got him where you want him, use a close-range Flamethrower and scorch this 'foo!

Crunch (Target Punching Arm) ~ Flamethrower
Old 12-31-2012, 03:34 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Sheepat
-

Lexington (Mienfoo) Male
HP: 89
ENG: 74
Taunt ~ Drain Punch

NES2
-

[Baxter] Growlithe (M)
HP: 79
ENG: 82
Crunch (Target Punching Arm) ~ Flamethrower

Round 3

Lexington didn’t like the idea of that pup making itself stronger, and knew just what to say to make sure it didn’t. Waving his little paw to get Baxter’s attention, he began to spew the most foul things about the Growlithe’s family, mother, ect. Of course, we couldn’t hear anything due to it being in Pokemon language. But we could assume what Lexington was saying due to the look that appeared on Baxter’s face shortly after the Meinfoo started shouting. The dog’s eye twitched and his lips drew back into a snarl so fierce it was surprising that Lexington didn’t flinch back. Once the Meinfoo was satisfied that his opponent wouldn’t be doing anythign to himself this round, he got into a fighting stance to prepare for the onslaught that was no doubt headed his way.
[Lexington: -6 NRG | Baxter: Taunted next action]
Accuracy rolled a 72 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 3. Result was 1.

Baxter scraped his feet agianst the ground, ready to rip Lexington a new one. With a lurch he shoved himself forward, straight at the little Meinfoo. Lexington brought his arms up to protect his face and Baxter lunged, latching onto the Meinfoo’s punching arm and biting down HARD. He could have sworn he felt a few cracks, but simply stayed there, shaking the arm back and forth.
[Baxter: -18 NRG | Lexington: -11 HP]
Critical hit rolled a 7430, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 73 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 5. Result was 3. No Effect

Lexington cried out in pain as he clenched his other fist. He needed to get this dog off of him NOW. With a grunt, he slammed his fist into the side of Baxter’s head. Baxter crumpled instantly, thrown back slightly from the force. Lexington let out a sigh as some energy moved back into him, glad to have the orange menace off of his arm. Baxter snarled, picking himself up. That punch had hurt more than he expected it to...but he wasn’t quite done yet. Oh no. He was still angry as a Primeape.
[Lexington: -9 NRG, +8 HP | Baxter: -31 HP; CRITICAL HIT]
Critical hit rolled a 80, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 99 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target.

Shaking his head to clear it slightly, Baxter took a deep breath. He felt heat charge up at the back of his throat and smirked as Lexington turned towards him. At those close a range, there was no way he could miss. Lexington could only stare wide-eyed as the huge beam of flames shot towards him. He recoiled, squealing as the flames licked his skin and added even more pain to his burnt arm. Note to self...never make a Growlithe angry. Baxter finally stopped the onslaught and nodded his head with triumph. He was hurting, yes, but that felt really good.
[Baxter: -13 NRG | Lexington: -18 HP]
Critical hit rolled a 6785, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 9 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 10. Result was 4. No Effect

Round End

Sheepat

Lexington (Mienfoo) Male
HP: 68
ENG: 59

NES2

[Baxter] Growlithe (M)
HP: 48
ENG: 51
(No Longer Taunted)

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Last edited by 5TailedDemonLizard; 01-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM
NES2 Offline

Alright Baxter, you need to pull through. Let's take it up a notch and see if we can pick up some momentum.

Use Heat Wave to cook our foe up nice and tasty, and then use Crunch one more time, this time aiming for the neck!

Heat Wave ~ Crunch (Target Neck)
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Sheepat, you have 24 Hours before you are DQ.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Sheepat Offline

Ooh that hurt. A lot. And that Heat Wave doesn't look nice. Fake Out, then as Baxter bites down, use Vital Throw to chuck him into the water.

Fake Out ~ Vital Throw
Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Sheepat

Lexington (Mienfoo) Male
HP: 68
ENG: 59
Fake Out ~ Vital Throw

NES2

[Baxter] Growlithe (M)
HP: 48
ENG: 51
Heat Wave ~ Crunch (Target Neck)

Round Start

Lexington ran at Baxter, but the Growlithe smirked. Before the attack could land, the Growlithe simply sidestepped. He knew the Meinfoo all too well now to be fooled by that kind of attack.
[Lexington: -6 NRG. Fake out FAILED]

Now that Lexington was close, Baxter began to build up heat around his body. With a growl, he let it loose. The wave of head spread over the arena and knocked Lexington back a few feet. The Meinfoo winced in pain as heat coursed through his body and he groaned. Thank god he didn’t burn...He didn’t like the idea of the Growlithe charring his fur.
[Baxter: -14 NRG| Lexington: -19 HP]
Critical hit rolled a 3849, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 72 where rolling more than 90 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 10. Result was 9. No Effect.

Since the Meinfoo didn’t move, Baxter began his next action. He bared his fangs and lept at Lexington, who threw his arms up in an attempt to save himself. The growlithe had lunged for his jugular, but Lexington had managed to get his arms up in time. He felt his stance falter and winced, the bit hurting a lot.
[Baxter: -18 NRG| Lexington: -11 HP, -1 DEF]
Critical hit rolled a 8530, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 25 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 5. Result was 1.

Before the Growlithe could let go, Lexington moved his arms away from his body, gripping onto the dog’s fur with a smirk. Baxter’s eyes widened as the Meinfoo spun him around once before throwing him off the central bridge and into the water below. The Growlthe struggled to get to the side of the water, snarling up at the Meinfoo who was chuckling despite a bit of bleeding. Oh, he was going to get it...
[Lexington: -8 NRG| Baxter: -15 HP]
Critical hit rolled a 1884, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.

Round End

Sheepat

Lexington (Mienfoo) Male
HP: 38
ENG: 45
-1 DEF

NES2

[Baxter] Growlithe (M)
HP: 33
ENG: 19

Ref notes:
- Fake out failed because it was not the first move used since Lexington became active (see description in Compendium)
- Baxter is at the edge of the water

Sheepat, your moves please

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Last edited by 5TailedDemonLizard; 01-09-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Closed Thread