Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Black and White Easy?

I have played through and beaten Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Firered, Pearl, Platinum and Soulsilver. Then I got pokemon black today. I found it so much easier.
Eg last week I started Ruby again. It took me about 6 hours to get all my pokemon to level 20 before the second gym. on black I did it in 3.

Also, I was going to be going against a gym leader with the advantage over my pokemon. Lucky for me, i had the pansage that some random gave me.

Is it just me or are Black and white so much easier than the earlier games?

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly
Default Re: Black and White Easy?

I think it's also a little easier early on in the game, however, I believe so because this game was sort of a "reinvention" of Pokemon.
It's targeted toward children so that they too can get sucked into this amazing world, just like we did when there were 151 Pokemon.
But trust me, keep on playing. The difficulty will increase.
If you don't find it increases, do a Nuzlocke.

Shun the non-believer
Old 10-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I don't like it when people brag.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
I don't like it when people brag.
Who's bragging? he was stating his feelings on the matter which is why the forum is here... he is not bragging.

Anyway I agree with mintjelly, It does seem very easy and quick to start (good for beginners) than the end its very tough (take my word for it... I never completed mine it was so hard)
So trust me it will get harder.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
Who's bragging? he was stating his feelings on the matter which is why the forum is here... he is not bragging.

Anyway I agree with mintjelly, It does seem very easy and quick to start (good for beginners) than the end its very tough (take my word for it... I never completed mine it was so hard)
So trust me it will get harder.
It was sarcasm, but I understand you cannot read that in text.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Feather Offline

I honestly don't think it's that easy, really. I personally had more trouble with Chili/Cilan/Cress and Lenora than I did with, say, Roxanne and Brawly. The game starts out rather easy and becomes a bit harder, as stated in the above post; in fact, I'd say the later parts of Black/White make it one of the harder main series games we've gotten.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I think Black and White were easier than Diamond and Pearl. I've always found Ruby/Sapphire easy due to the low levels of the Elite Four's Pokemon, so you don't even need to level that much. I agree with mintjelly that they were probably trying to make it simpler for younger people who were getting into Pokemon for the first time. I did find the Elite Four to be very easy and had no trouble with the Gyms, but I tend to over-level my Pokemon, so that could be why.

I would say Black and White get a bit harder as you go though, whereas I found the opposite for Johto and Hoenn games, where it starts out difficult in the beginning but when you reach a certain level, the rest of the game is a breeze!

I think Red and Blue are still the hardest games.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:08 AM
PEDRO12 Offline

It was so easy it wasn't even funny:
  • "Oh, you want to fight Lenora? Here, have a forest of Fighting types."
  • "Oh, you want to fight this member of the Striaton Trio? Here, have a monkey tailor-made to kill him",
  • "Oh, you want to fight Skyla? That's fine, but first you have to get through this cave fully decked out with Electric Pokemon. Oh, did I mention Skyla uses Flying-types?"

For f*** sake :(

Click the banner and join one of the nicest forums I've been on :D You'll have a good time,
meet some nice people, and we'll /*bully you a bit xD*/ welcome you with open arms lol.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
  • "Oh, you want to fight this member of the Striaton Trio? Here, have a monkey tailor-made to kill him",
  • "Oh, you want to fight Skyla? That's fine, but first you have to get through this cave fully decked out with Electric Pokemon. Oh, did I mention Skyla uses Flying-types?"

You forgot about being able to catch a whole bunch of Ice types (and a dragon) just before Drayden/Isis, and being able to catch a fairly strong and fast grass type just before the ground gym (oh, did I mention it also comes ready with a fighting move just in case you might have had a little trouble with the ground/steel mon?)

Really though, there is no way that they should have made Throh and Sawk available so early in the game. I guess the generally high evolution levels of a lot of new 'mons this gen does go some way to make it less easy, however all of the trainers and gym leaders are faced with the same issue so... yeah. Certainly easier than previous games IMO.

- ND
Old 10-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Emboar Heart Offline

I beat Black in two days, so I would say the game is easier than past games. Platinum was not easy, so I agree with most.

Searching for new avvie!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post

Don't forget the wild Darumaka lurking about in Route 4, which is easily accessible before Burgh. Not that there aren't Rogenrolla, Pidove, Pansear, Woobat to help you out, too.

It feels like each gym had a Pokemon to help you out that you could obtain just before it:

Striaton: Pansage/Pansear/Panpour
Nacrene: Timburr/Sawk/Throh
Castelia: Darumaka
Nimbasa: Sandile
Driftveil: Vanillite, Ducklett
Mistralton: Joltik, Tynamo
Icirrus: Mienfoo, Boldore, Gurdurr
Opelucid: All Unovan Ice types, Druddigon

Yes, Unova was a cake-walk if you knew what you were doing.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 AM
atucker22 Offline

In both Gen 5 games (White, and Black 2) I didn't black out against any gym leaders or the elite four on my first try. In all the other gens I have had trouble with at least one gym on my first try. It could be because I have far more knowledge of Pokemon know than when I was younger, but I believe the game is easier by a lot. I mean, you can catch super strong advantage pokes before every gym, and the Elite 4 each only had like 4 pokes instead of 5 or 6 like all previous games
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Zetsu Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Zetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post
In both Gen 5 games (White, and Black 2) I didn't black out against any gym leaders or the elite four on my first try. In all the other gens I have had trouble with at least one gym on my first try. It could be because I have far more knowledge of Pokemon know than when I was younger, but I believe the game is easier by a lot. I mean, you can catch super strong advantage pokes before every gym, and the Elite 4 each only had like 4 pokes instead of 5 or 6 like all previous games
You can catch advantageous pokemon types before every gym in every pokemon generation.

I reckon the main reason B/W (2) is easier than the others is because of Audino. You get 'rocketted' up levels battling them.

WFL Dream Team.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM
ZackG08 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post
Not to mention the HP EV boosts gained from audino as well! I will say its not that easy because the grass is not always shaking

My Friend Code: 4513-8351-1241
Ingame Name: Zack G

Anybody Feel Free to Add me for Battle, Trading, Evolving Specials, Etc.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

I found the game difficult the play through because the level grinding seemed to be a lot harder than other gens.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List