Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:53 AM
DowsingMCHN Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to DowsingMCHN Send a message via Skype™ to DowsingMCHN
Default Ideas for PE2K!

Do you have ideas for PE2K?

With BW2 being/about to be launched worldwide, there is a lot going on. The hype for Pokemon is stronger than ever as trainers will be making their way through the first true Pokemon Sequal ever.

As such, I was thinking, and you should too!
  • Why do you like PE2K?
  • What is it about the site/forum that you most enjoy?
  • What would you like to see pop up on our site/forum?
  • If you could change an aspect of PE2K for the better, what would it be?

I ask all of our active members to have a serious think about these questions and post a response below. I know I am new, and truthfully don't spend as much time on the forums as I really should do. But, I think, the best thing a site can do is listen to their fan base and work off their opinions.

So I am asking anyone who has ever had a good time on PE2K to take the above 4 questions into deep consideration.

Now is a time of change, it's crunch time!

~DowsingMCHN

An initiative for Pokémon fans in Australia.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Ideas for PE2K!

1) I like Pe2K because the community is diverse in its opinions, desires, and interests in Pokemon. The fact that they are friendly invites people to learn about Pokemon, and there is a lot to learn.

2) I most enjoy the Interactive Boards. They enable the incredibly talented people on the board to produce works of art and entertaining new ideas for everyone else in the forum to participate in, or to simply marvel at.

3) I think it would be interesting if Pokemon Elite 2000 would open an active Youtube channel, with members participating, and an adamant leader that is persistent and won't cease to present the site and forum's content.

4) I would personally change minor forum policy. Certain rules concerning posting in old boards, in my opinion, are unnecessary or malformed. Finding more direct ways to integrate the forum and the actual website together would also be a priority for me.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

Why do you like PE2K?
Because Pe2K is a community that I can escape to when I'm sick of the real world.
What is it about the site/forum that you most enjoy?
The people. We all have one thing in common that keeps us together: a love of little critters that you stuff into balls.
What would you like to see pop up on our site/forum?
Uhmmmmm..... -Doesn't have a answer-
If you could change an aspect of PE2K for the better, what would it be?
I wouldn't change anything.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Why do you like PE2K?

Pe2k has always been like a second home to me, ever since I started here 4 years ago. Everyone is just so friendly and nice - I feel like I'm not only part of a Community, but a family whenever I come here. Also, were it not for Pe2k, my love for Pokemon would have died out a few years back.

Just how everyone is like a family. New members are kindly informed of where they've gone wrong in their posts, bots are becoming fewer and fewer and I just enjoy the website as a whole. It's hard to describe really - I've just become attached to this site.

Wow, this is a tough cookie to crack. Just randomly pop up? A Unicorn. Trololol (I had to be silly at least once with this! xD). But no, really, I'd like to see more things to do here. These Events we've had for Keldeo and Meloetta have just been outstanding, but whenever we're not at WAR and there are no Events, the site dies down and becomes quiet again. I'd love to see this bustling 24/7 :)

Navigation. Whenever I'd try to introduce someone new to the Forum, they're always intimidated by what they see - all of the Sections. They don't know where to go, what to do, and they panic and leave. I know navigation is easy for us, and seems pretty simple at first, but somehow making it simpler, or even having a step-by-step guides on how to start up here could help. I dunno, I'm shooting wildly here xD

But yeah - I love this Forum to pieces. I hope to still be here when I'm much more older :)

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Feather Offline

Why do you like PE2K?
Everyone is rather friendly and the staff are approachable. I feel like it's a very comfortable place to be in. :3

The home-y feel is definitely great! I can get into conversations here without feeling intimidated.

More community events! Maybe somewhere where members can sign up for a game and be put into teams, then be assigned tasks to do. I've always loved participating in something like that.

I feel like the forum seems a bit disorganized.. there's lots of stickies and it can be a bit confusing to find things because of that. There's also the issue of having so many staff members who haven't been on for months. ; ; The site seems messy because of these two things, though that could just be me.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Why do you like PE2K?

It's like a family. I joined when I was a kid, not much better than a 'n00b', but everyone was nice, and helped me to become a more constructive, helpful member. Looking back, I think it helped me mature as a person, too. I've visited a lot of other sites but none of them came close to being as friendly to members, new and old.

Uh, the friendliness? =P But not only that, I like the fact that the majority of members are actually really constructive, mature guys. Also, the RP forums have a very high standard, so it helps me and others learn more.

Less spambots. [/bluntness]

More competitions, maybe? Or challenges of sorts. The Meloetta thing is a great example- hope there is more where that came from.

More activity. [/bluntness]

But really, I hope there are more users to interact and learn from. PE2K would be THE dream forum- nice, constructive, talented members everywhere, if it just had a bit more activity. Other than that (which we can't really influence) it's just a great forum.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I think the first 2 questions are an obvious one coming from me or I still wouldn't be here/come back...lol.

- First off get rid of mods who haven't bothered to log in in months. I mean it's pointless to have them if they aren't even going to bother to be around. Let an active member who's going to actually be around take over.

- Have less sticky threads all over. In some places it looks like every little thing is a sticky and pushes half the board down. Make a little guide in each section of important things and have everything thread that's sticky'd in one big post.

- A board clean up. Make it look nicer if locked threads weren't clogging up the boards. I wouldn't say delete them just move them to a hidden section that only mods can see.

I will think of more when my brain wakes up. :D
Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Feather Offline

I definitely agree with the above about disorganization. I know I've already posted my two cents on it a few weeks ago here, but I want to elaborate a bit more. I'm seeing anime discussions going in "Other Chat", which in my opinion is a little bit confusing. There's also some threads in particular that are being left in sections they don't belong in and nothing is done about 'em. I just reported one that's been posted the 16th and is still in the wrong section. D:

There's also very inactive stickies that aren't used too often, like the "DeviantART Meetup" over in the Art section. Plus the Meloetta raffle has been over for a while, that should probably be unstickied, too! Lots of these we can do without and probably should be cleaned up just a tad. ^^
Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
- A board clean up. Make it look nicer if locked threads weren't clogging up the boards. I wouldn't say delete them just move them to a hidden section that only mods can see.
I agree with everything except the deleting part. if we delete threads, it messes up Harry's numbers and makes us look less active. But I do think if each mod could start moving boards into hidden places, it's be neat. O: You could always -propose that to Sarah, Harry, or Kenny!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I'm sure I can get something togeather tomorrow and send it to one of them.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Feather Offline

All righty, I've come across with another issue that I failed to mention in my previous two posts. It's probably the root of why the site hasn't been doing too well. D:

It takes staff members a while to handle reports. I'm not sure if you guys have a reports control panel or at least a section where the reports go for staff members to access, but if you don't, I think it would be very beneficial to set those up! Having reports only go to your emails is a huge hassle and can throw off the time it takes to fix any issues members are reporting.

I've reported a spambot and it's been a day or so so far (from what I remember) but nothing's been done even though quite a high number of staff have been online. I know people can be busy (of course ^^) but spambots are pretty important to take care of since they can spam up the forum which in turn makes it even longer to clean everything. Plus it's a lot easier on staff. It's totally okay for things to take a while since you're all people and have lives outside the forum but this issue doesn't only apply to bots; I've seen a fair few threads that don't belong in the section they've been posted in that take a while to be handled.

So yeah, there's currently a lot of things that can be worked on. I really hope you've been taking this into consideration, because these things really do need to be solved to get everything running again. Have to make sure your staff members are able to do their job without these kinds of inconveniences so members can in turn have a good experience!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I personally don't like the report system. xD I check my email throughout the day (at times when I can't get on PE2K). By the time I actually get onto PE2K later on, I've generally completely forgotten about whatever was reported. ^^;

I would suggest instead of using the report function that you VM a moderator of that section/GMod with a link to the thread/post in question. I know I much prefer VMs because I will get them when I'm actually on PE2K and can take care of them right away. There is also the spambot reporting thread in this board which is probably checked more often. =)

Thanks for pointing it out though! And thanks for your suggestions everyone! We're currently working on the disorganisation issue and cleaning up the boards. If you have any other suggestions, please do share them with us! <3