Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Reborn Offline

Default Donate to Pe2k

So I've been surfing around other pokemon forums and one thing that i spotted that they all have in commen that pe2k doesn't is a donate button underneath the login page.
I think it would help this website with great things because donations can be used toward plushie giveaways. Which in the long run would attract a lot of memebers. Some, just for the plushies but you never know they might end up helping to develop Pe2k.

This is just an idea, not sure if it has been suggested or not but I think this would be great. Please give your ideas and opinions.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:06 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Default Re: Donate to Pe2k

sounds like a great idea to me... Never know who would be willing to spare a buck or two to help us grow... lets wait for the mods concerning this topic.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

As someone who donates to sites, projects and wild life charities often, I think before any donation option is made, the site has to prove it's worth while to donate to and as it stands there are much more deserving charities and sites of peoples money.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Actually, we're trying to raise a few bucks as it is. ^^; We're trying to raise around $135 USD to fix lag, spam, and have a better server. So I'm all for it. c;
Old 10-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Wink Re: Donate to Pe2k

Sounds like a good policy that I will endorse, allowing me to ascend in the forum's political game so that I will eventually passively decide future forum legislation via corporate endorsement.

In other words, great idea! :D
Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

It's a good idea, but as Master Aqua said, we need to prove that we're worth the donation.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
It's a good idea, but as Master Aqua said, we need to prove that we're worth the donation.
We are already considered one of the greatest Pokemon sprite libraries.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
...Fund it.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
Yet our forum is empty compared to smogon and serebii, look at smogon offering a whole strategy dex, out with the forums and their forums have the experts of competive battling, sections for even trolling team rates ect. and don't get me started on what serebii offers, a dex for all generations, pokemon of the week, first news coverage,trading card game, dex ani and game mechanics, the list goes on for serebii. With our active news feed we are talking steps in the right direction and our sprite resource as mentioned by ted is next to none, but we are so far behind the 2 main pokemon sites serebii and smogon.

We have devoted members or otherwise this place would be dead, I am still here despite my section the battling section is dead as a dodo, I think they would be happy to help if someone comes up with a decent idea.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Feather Offline

I definitely think it would be amazing to be able to donate; I'd do so once the feature is added! Maybe you guys can add donator perks to get people to be interested in donating.. assuming you didn't already have that idea haha. :3;

But yeah, it's worth it to donate to PE2k in my opinion; as stated, it's a great sprite library that's used rather often. Would love to help out in funding.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Even if we aren't worth the donation, we'll still improve the forum upon it. If someone feels we aren't worth it, then they don't have to donate. I think we are, however.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Even if we aren't worth the donation, we'll still improve the forum upon it. If someone feels we aren't worth it, then they don't have to donate. I think we are, however.

^ This.

A donate button wouldn't hurt. If someone doesn't want to donate, they aren't being forced too. No one should feel like they have to donate, and we aren't pressuring.

If someone wants to donate, it'll go towards helping the site improve and perhaps alleviating the cost of keeping it running. Lag is an issue that needs to be resolved, the server should be stabilized, etc. It'd help it out a lot.

You can't run a site with this many members when the server itself is unstable. Sadly, a great server costs money. It's just the way the world works...
Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Sounds like a great idea to me. If the donation feature's added here, then I would absolutely donate. These donations can help us solve many of our current issues~

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School
Old 10-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Reborn Offline

I whole heartedly agree with Master Aqua.
However, a donation should be something that you want to do. Nobody is forcing anyone to donate. I just think that if we give members the option to donate it shall help improve the website it the long run.
I understand what you're saying about donating to a better cause, but for pe2k I think this is probably the most important cause the website needs. If that makes sense?
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

But wouldn't a donate button just look like a tip jar? Some people tip, some people don't, and some people are offended by "tip jars"... I don't know, I really do think donations would be good, but I don't think other people will agree...