Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:05 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Journeymon [SUDS]

Welcome to the World of Pokémon. Well that’s what you would hear, but you already knew that didn’t you? Here’s something you might not know. A few years ago, a man by the name of Ghestis tried to manipulate the world through deception and power, nearly freezing half of the planet solid in his cruelty. Years before a man by the name of Giovanni tried to create a clone of a legendary Pokémon in attempts to create the most powerful creature in existence. Team Galactic tried to create their own world while Team’s Magma and Aqua sought to bring more land to the increasing population or rinse them clean respectively.

All of them failed thanks to the efforts of Trainers from all over. Everything has been at peace for a while with no criminal organizations rearing up their ugly, world dominating heads. Trainers have been going off on journey’s to their content, development of cities to promote Human and Pokémon relations has exploded. Even ex members of criminal organizations have come out to commit to public services for their misdeeds. Team Plasma even reformed to become a service group to work alongside the police force.

With this new age of peace, each region and their representatives all agreed to build a monument in celebration. However, a scientist came to the boardroom and suggested something more. Inevitable was the thread of misuse of Legendary Pokémon power, so he suggested these monuments of peace also be built to prevent such things from happening again. After testing the technology behind it, making sure it wasn’t some other plan in the works for destabilizing the bonds between nations, it was approved, and put into the towers. One main conduit tower in the heavy cities for easy upkeep and maintenance, and a few, less powerful ones in forested regions where lore said these Legendary Pokémon lay.

As time went on, the towers worked very well. There were few Pokémon-Human encounters when the towers were built, mostly about them being unhappy about where these structures were being built. Plans to build them were moved until there weren’t any further attacks, making a seemingly wonderful peace with nature at the same time. Once the Conduit Towers were turned on, nothing out of the normal happened, but as far as everyone knew, they were working.

Working a little too well.

Months later, powerful Pokémon began to gather in packs around the towers. The largest ones in town had swarms of fully evolved Pokémon that would scare even well-seasoned trainers. When people tried to approach the tower, the wild population attacked them with such force, that the damage caused should not have been possible. Soon organized attacks, and even capturing runs by the civil service groups failed more and more, with capture’s being few and far in between. Any successful captures resulted in Pokémon going berserk even more, causing accidental deaths of humans, and Pokémon seemingly unaffected by the odd obsession with the towers. There was no choice but to flee to the outer areas away from the towers to regroup and plan on how to deal with. Some developed collars in order to help mellow out the fierce tendencies of the Pokémon, so that they could be examined to see what was wrong with them. The only thing that could be found was that their powers and abilities had increased tenfold, dwarfing what was considered the average standard for each examined species. It was suspected the growth was caused by the towers, but no one could confirm it due to the near suicide attempts at getting to the main control server to shut them down.

With the collars in controlled production, their control quickly fell to the few who worked for their own desires. These small pockets of Trainers who had captured these empowered Pokémon and had them collared, organized themselves to the name of RAGE: Regional Allied Guardian Enforcement. Through their own, undefined means they helped protect the city living people, and those in heavily fortified areas. Their methods were questionable but effective, making sure that the licencing of trainers was limited and carefully checked. They even went to the point of confiscating owned Pokémon in order to determine a cure for the tower plague, or from people for harboring dangerous individuals. Even the few that came out who had owned Legendary classified Pokémon, found their powerful beings of myth were little match for the common Pokémon, affected by the towers.

Small protected towns that are closed off from much of nature, and rarely visited by RAGE, house many more of the human population where the tower’s effects are far less effective. You, a new or somewhat new Trainer, has received a special letter to come to Aspertia City. You are told to meet in the old Pokémon Gym, that had shut down years ago when the attacks started. The attacks started about four years ago, and you wonder why you of all people have been chosen to arrive.

Journeymon works as a point based role play. As you role play you will earn points of which you can use to get new Pokémon, evolve them, obtain items, or need to get to new places. You may do this when such things become available as we go along. Points will be awarded by the RPM [meaning me] at the end of NPC posts. All NPC’s will be controlled by me, and all outcomes of what goes on in the RP will be posted by myself. This is story based so there are no rolls, the only numbers will be in points earned.

Points and Outcomes: What determines them?
That is all based on how you as an individual role play. What you decide to do, how creative you are in battles and coming out of problems, is all up to you. Points are not based on post quality length, though you may earn bonus points for that. What happens in the RP does depend on what you do, as I may be nice or not so nice about what happens depending on what you decide to do.

How do I know when I've earned points?
I will post which player gets how many points after each of my posts.

How do I see my points?
I will be keeping a mental track of them; however that is up to you to keep track of your points. Post what you spend in this thread so we all know.

Is what happens in the story completely and only up to the RPM?
Absolutely not. If you want to discuss some plot arc, let me know what it is, or have an idea of what you’d like to do with your character, PM me and I’ll see if I can make it work out. Feel free to discuss story ideas within the thread itself.

What about NPC's?
I'll be playing all of the NPC's. They will be recorded and kept by me, along with their story details of what has gone on so far. No one controls the NPC's but myself.

Rules:
  1. No godmodding. No bunnying without permission.
  2. No spamming, flaming or harassing other members.
  3. Minimum post requirement of three sentences. Yes, three, as in 3, sentences.
  4. Under no circumstances can you start out with a legendary.
  5. No Fakemon please, however recolours and shinies may be used.
  6. This RP has mild violence and romance. Nothing is to be posted if it requires a fade to black. That’s why fade to black was invented.
  7. Have fun or else. No seriously, have fun.
  • Point Values for Pokémon:
  • Evolving Pokémon: Their evolution level x 2 [Eg: Charmander to Charmeleon, 16x2=32]
  • Stone evolution: 30 points
  • Item based evolution: 35 points
  • Happiness evolution: 40 points

Pokémon Capture costs:
  • Basic Pokémon: 20 points
  • Basic Non-evolving Pokémon: 40 points
  • Stage 2 Pokémon: 40 points
  • Stage 3 Pokémon: 60 points

Pokémon learning a new move costs 40 points. It can be any appicable move, but one move must be forgotten in it's place. This does happen in the anime.

Everyone starts out with 40 points, of which they can create their team. Point Values are below for ONLY starting out:
  • Starting Basic Pokémon: 10 points
  • Starting Basic Non-evolving Pokémon: 20 points
  • Starting Stage 2 Pokémon: 20 points
  • Starting Stage 3 Pokémon: 30 points

Costs for items will be posted in RPM when shops are open.

SU Sheet:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Pokémon Team: [Please include their four moves and their ability.]
Other:

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 11-19-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Journeymon [SUDS]

NPC Log

Name: ??
Appearance:5'8, a khaki vest was worn over a dull blue t-shirt, paired with green cargo pants that had almost as many pockets as the vest did. On his left hand in a mechanic’s glove, and the other, was a typical brand of popular fingerless, trainer’s gloves. He has bright blue eyes and dark brown hair, in boy cut fashion and only long enough to cover his ears.
First Appearance: Aspertia City Abandoned Gym
Information: He was first seen in Aspertia City's abandoned Gym. No one is sure as to who he is, or why he is there.
Pokemon: ??

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 12-08-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Conduit Tower maps by region:

Pale Pink = Mildly Affected
Pale Red = Moderately Affected
Pale Blue = Extremely Affected

Kanto:
Spoiler:

Johto:
Spoiler:

Hoenn:
Spoiler:

Sinnnoh:
Spoiler:

Unova:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 11-20-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Popshakes Offline

This sounds interesting. I'm willing to try this out. Question! What about pre-evolution Pokemon such as Pichu and Elekid, since, they technically aren't basic. :P Unless, those count as basic and the other forms are upped? I'm just curious. =)

Edit: How many moves can a Pokemon have?

Name: Helena Raiken.

Appearance: Click here for Helena Helena stands at 5'4" normally and 5'5" with her boots on. Her eyes are a natural dark green while her skin is light and creamy. Although she weighs a lean 120 lbs, don't let her small stature fool you - she knows how to deal with those who disrespect her. When she was younger she had been involved in a ranger school, thus her outfit choice. She's fitted with her ranger colors of red and dark green in varied manners. Although she was never able to complete her schooling due to the cities closing she still carries with her an inactive ranger stylus - in hopes that one day she can put it to some use.

Personality: Helena is definitely a tricky character. She tends to overthink situations and head in with her heart instead of her brain usually. She's the type of girl who's seen running into a burning building without realizing the danger she's in - but that's how she's always been. Helena is also a natural flirt with men, and she doesn't even know she's stringing people along until it's too late. She's prone to emotions and thus isn't the type of girl you want to spoil secrets towards - she'll spoil them right back if given the chance (most times it's by accident too). Honestly, Helena does absolutely fine by herself or with her fellow Pokemon partner. Being raised in a ranger academy makes her wary in catching Pokemon, as she was shown that they can be used to help instead of being used to battle. She has mixed feelings on owning them indeed.

Pokémon Team:

Name/Species/Gender: Noctoralli "Nocta" - Umbreon - Female
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Quiet
Movepool: Moonlight/Faint Attack/Shadow Ball/Double Team

Other: Helena considers herself a Pokemon Ranger - although her school closed before she could graduate.

Name: Dimitri "Dayna" Williams.

Appearance: Click here for Dimitri as himself and click here for Dimitri dressed as his other personality. Dimitri has a personal issue and thus, he tends to dress as a male and, on most occassions, a female. Normally, Dimitri stands at 5'6" with a weight of 134 lbs. He has violet eyes and a fair complexion. Now, when he's dressed as a woman his height gains an extra 3" making him stand at a prompt 5'9". As a 'male' he wears prescription, thin-framed glasses. He also wears a light-blue, loose tie that droops over a losse-fitting long-sleeved v-neck collar shirt, which he usually rolls up. His violet bag that hangs from his waist is used to hold the clothing he changes into when he switches personalities.

As a 'male' his hair is seen tied up in a ponytail unlike his 'female' counterpart - where his hair is seen tied up propped with a red bow on the side. As a 'female', Dayna takes over and, well, she can truly pull of being a female. With this personality swap, she adorns a feminine outfit that promptly fits as if she was a female. Dayna has a habit of confusing many people when she's like this.

Personality: Obviously, Dimitri sets a lot of people off the right path whenever they try to guess whether he's Dimitri or Dayna. Since he could remember, Dimitri has always been this way - he has always had a multiple personality disorder and it has always set him back farther and farther from society. As Dimitri, he is seen as the nerdy and quiet type. He tends to keep to himself even if he disagrees with something. Being the shy person he is, he keeps emotions bottled until he can't take it anymore - and that's where Dayna steps into play.

Dayna is the most seen character out of Dimitri's life for the fact that Dayna is his alter ego. When Dimitri cannot handle something, Dayna comes out and boy is she sassy. She doesn't keep her mouth shut and whenever she mentions Dimitri she calls him her 'brother' although they are the same person. Unknowning to herself, she cannot fathom the idea that her and Dimitri are one-in-the-same, even if others bluntly state the obvious fact. When she isn't defending Dimitri, Dayna is mostly seen as 'proper' and 'lady-like' with her manners. Although her ego brings her down most times due to her lack of knowledge of most things, she's so thick-headed it doesn't matter. In the end Dayna always believes that she gets her way.

Pokémon Team:

Name/Species/Gender: Typhrin - Shiny Togepi - Male
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Sassy
Movepool: Metronome/Wish/Ancientpower/Protect

Name/Species/Gender: Wisp - Vulpix - Female
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Quirky
Movepool: Inferno/Will-o-wisp/Hex/Grudge

Name/Species/Gender: Konoha - Nuzleaf - Male
Ability: Pickpocket
Nature: Hardy
Movepool: Razor Leaf/Razor Wind/Nature Power/Faint Attack

Other: Due to his multiple personality disorder, Dimitri/Dayna have been bullied, pestered, etc. during their early years.

Disclaimer: All pictures were made by Hapuriainen's Pokemon Trainer Creator v.2 - not by me.

♥ Jolteon Lover ♥

Last edited by Popshakes; 12-06-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Hmm...since there are only so many baby Pokemon I'll count those as 5 points each for starting out. I'll also edit in Happiness evolution costs.

Also to keep with the anime, four moves each. Also including their abilities as well, DW abilities are perfectly fine as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 AM
Cream Puffs Offline

This looks interesting, I like the points system it makes everything so much more organized. :)

Name:
Skyla Breekar
Appearance:
Skyla has short brunette hair at shoulder length. Her bangs are swept to the right just above her eyes, with part of the left side of her forehead visible to see. She often wears a pair of denim blue shorts just above her knees with a belt. The belt has a pokeball icon in the middle front of it, the bottom of the pokeball is colored a light blue with the top being white. Tiny bits of tied rope hang off her belt accompanying anything she needs for quick use but isn't too big. This could include pokeballs for capture, potions, etc. In her right pocket lies a picture of her father that she treasures more than her own life. As you raise up her body she is wearing a low cut top. Her reasons for wearing such a low cut white top is to get an easy bargain from shop clerks. This almost never works to her advantage though. The white top has a brilliant design of a cute little yellow pikachu on it towards her left side leading on to the back of her shirt. She wears a pair of black tennis shoes with a pair of white short socks. Her socks aren't very visible. On her left arm she wears a bracelet given to her by Derick her younger brother.
Personality:
Skyla doesn't often get along with others, she is not a very friendly person and is very protective over Derick. Her mother believes her daughter is a very paranoid person, never being able to trust anyone even her own mother. The only person she thinks she can trust is actually Derick. Annoyed when others point out her faults, she's fast to start fights with others and has been lonely since childhood. Her only real friend is her brother, Skyla doesn't understand the meaning of love or friendship. All she knows is that Derick is her everything. Skyla is a little obsessed with Derick to the point that she almost never let's him leave her side.
Pokémon Team:
Roggenrola - Roga
Attacks known: Head Butt, Smack Down, Sand-attack, and Iron Defense
Ability: Sturdy
Other:
Nothing at the moment but check back later and I may have something more.

30 points

Name:
Derick Breekar
Appearance:
Derick like his sister has brunette hair, his bangs are also swept to the right but is very messy and covers his whole forehead. It mostly spikes down in the middle. The rest of his hair spikes up and towards the right. It's naturally spiky, he doesn't alter his hair in any way at all. He wears a zip up jacket with a white t-shirt underneath. The jacket is green and the hood is white. His jacket is always open revealing his shirt underneath. He wears long denim jeans that reach down to his feet, he dislikes shorts and likes to avoid wearing them. His tennis shoes have baby blue stripes on the sides and he wears medium length white socks that you are unable to see because of the length of his jeans. Derick wears a heart shaped locket with a picture of his sister inside, mostly because it pleases Skyla and also because he deeply loves his sister for who she is. He cares nothing for his father and wishes for Skyla to dispose of his picture that she treasures. He wears a black wristband on his right arm with a symbol of a pokeball. It's lined with a white design.
Personality:
On normal terms Derick is a carefree normal teenager with a deep love or affection for his older sister who practically raised him. He can be very serious at times when it is needed and is a very practical and deep thinker. Sometimes he get's into a devilish mood and pulls random pranks for no reason at all. He thinks it's funny to mess with his sister, though recently she has been frankly quite annoying. Derick can never do anything without his sister being there. His only peaceful place is the bathroom, he feels like he may lose his mind soon if this keeps up.
Pokémon Team:
Whismur - Muri
Attacks known: Uproar, Supersonic, Stomp, and Roar
Ability: Soundproof
Other:
Nothing at the moment but check back later and I may have something more.

30 points

|GREEN|

Last edited by Cream Puffs; 11-19-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Popshakes Offline

Finished my SU's by the way. Hopefully they're okay. :p I made some interesting peeps, haha. Oh, and I hope the Pokemon are alright. D:

♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Awesome, looks good Popshakes. Your characters are accepted, and please put your remaining point total at the bottom. ^^

Cream Puffs, also looks good, however you do have 30 points each remaining for each character's team. I'm not sure if you want to save those or not. XD

Just so you know, those with multiple characters, each character will have their own point count, so they will earn their own points based on how they perform.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 11-19-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Popshakes Offline

Alrighty, updated my sheet~ =)

♥ Jolteon Lover ♥

Last edited by Popshakes; 11-19-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

This sounds awesome! :D You can bet you'll be seeing a SU from me soonish~! ;D I just got to decide what direction I want to go in--timid or cocky? Hmm...

Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
This sounds awesome! :D You can bet you'll be seeing a SU from me soonish~! ;D I just got to decide what direction I want to go in--timid or cocky? Hmm...
Well in a world where the Pokemon are very much after you and out to kill you if you get into certain areas...

Timid: Probably a lot of running away due to fear.

Cocky: Probably a lot of running away due to...doing something...stupid.

Either way I forsee a hell of a lot of running. LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Oh, goodie! Sounds like we're in for a fun time xD

I'm thinking I'm going to go in the cocky direction (you can thank Gold from the Adventures Manga for that) and revive Lee; I didn't really get to do much with him in the last RP I signed him up for ^^'

Name: Lee Thatcher

Appearance: Lee has the typical, semi-awkward form that most male teenagers have—being a little on the lanky side. But unlike most Psychics, he actually tries to look trendy—baggy cargo shorts, street-style jacket with jazzy blue, red, and black designs, and a crooked red visor to go over his spiky black hair. When using his psychic powers, the rims of his yellow eyes flash bright blue.

Personality: Three words adequately describe Lee—cocky, self-confident, and haughty. See, Lee thinks he owns the world, and is under the impression that one day he’ll take it by storm. His dreams mostly consist of striking it rich, and bringing everyone else to their knees. He realizes that it’s not very realistic, but that doesn’t stop him from trying. Lee has hatched several schemes in his attempts to fund his ambitions, though the only success he’s had is through flashy street shows that incorporate his rather unique abilities. Though he somewhat has the mindset of a con-artist, there must be some sense of nobility in him; as of yet, he has never resorted to thievery or cheats.

He is rather unlike people of his, er, kind. Instead of being mystic or gothic, Lee has an upbeat swagger in his step. None of this mystical voodoo, exorcism crap for him—he sees other Psychics as frauds and freak-shows. I mean, come on! Why does being a Psychic involve so much doom and gloom? No, Lee tries his best to act like an average, everyday human being—barring the frequent occasional gig.

Lee usually puts himself before others, though he does care for his team—especially for his best friend, an unusual Abra known as Shadow. The telepathic connection between them is strong, and they can sense each other’s thoughts and moods even when distanced. Outside of those closest to him, Lee isn’t very trusting and prefers to keep to himself (perhaps there’s a little Psychic stereotype in him after all). The world can be a cruel place to the unwary, and unless someone proves to him otherwise, he’d prefer not to get entangled in its problems.

Pokémon Team:

Abra (Shadow, Female)
-->Ability: Synchronize
-->Moveset: Teleport, Hidden Power (Dark), Psyshock, Energy Ball

Riolu (Silver, Male)
-->Ability: Prankster
-->Moveset: Bullet Punch, Quick Attack, Force Palm, Copycat

Zorua (Trix, Female)
-->Ability: Illusion
-->Moveset: Faint Attack, Embargo, Thief, Dig

Other: He’s a Psychic, but he’s only good with telekinesis. He can move stuff with his mind, but he can’t read minds and such.

Last edited by Charmander009; 11-20-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Char if you're done, youre good to go. XD

Also I updated the info post with maps and the range of each Conduit Tower and where they are.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Er, I think I'm done xD Still debating about the moveset on these guys, but I think it'll be good ^^

Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

We'll start either tomorrow or Saturday, Hopefully this will run as smoothly as I'm hoping it will. ><