Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Such patriotic reactions following the elections!

I am simply amazed by how patriotic the far right was following the U.S presidential elections this year. It is almost as though they love the United States so much that they would be willing to tear it apart over childish disagreements rather then actually acting like mature and rational results.

Sarcasm aside, the conservative reaction was purely appalling. I recall Bush's first and second elections to be extremely shady concerning the electoral college, yet I never once saw such a wide-scale attempt at secession from the political left. Obama wins fair and square with both electoral and popular votes, and this is how Romney's supporters act?

Well, considering the fact that Texas got over 100,000 signatures in a desperate effort to secede from the Union, I decided to look for even more ridiculous petition on the White House's website, "We the People". I actually find this one to possess more logic and forethought than the 50 petitions to secede from the Union, a large majority of them gaining more than the required 25,000 signatures.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present a counter proposal:

Establish new legal system of motorcycle riding "Judges" who serve as police, judge, jury, and executioner all in one.

If you are a U.S citizen, you can sign here.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Default Re: Such patriotic reactions following the elections!

Quite frankly, there's no need for this reaction. The "secede from the Union" is all talk. I am of the opinion that they are acting like children throwing a tantrum, and the best reaction is to ignore it. They'll eventually stop.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Sarcasm View Post
Quite frankly, there's no need for this reaction. The "secede from the Union" is all talk. I am of the opinion that they are acting like children throwing a tantrum, and the best reaction is to ignore it. They'll eventually stop.
This was not created in reaction to the secession petitions. This was made separate of it, I just came across it. I figure, however, that if the far right can sign stupid onto stupid ideas, I can too.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Consider this: there's a reason they're called the FAR right. Generally speaking, an extreme view is rarely the right one. There are loonies in every faction. Best reaction is still "ignore them".

Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Sarcasm View Post
Consider this: there's a reason they're called the FAR right. Generally speaking, an extreme view is rarely the right one. There are loonies in every faction. Best reaction is still "ignore them".
I agree, though I have yet to see something as widespread as this for any other party in the United States. We also must keep in mind that these are the fools who maintain control and power in the Republican party, something that is alarming to every extent.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 11-30-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Sheepat Offline

Honestly, this is ridiculous. I personally am a conservative, but I find this to be really stupid and extreme. I thought this was the UNITED States of America, not the half and half states of America. I have friends who are saying “Even though I wanted Romney to win, I’ll still follow Obama.” He is our president, and he’ll be gone in 2-4 years after his term is through. Apparently that's too long for some people :P