Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Well Ive been really thinking that its time we drop the number of people a clan could have done to 5 or 6. My logic behind this, is that the more clans we have the more active the battling center is. Once activity starts going up, we can raise the number up again. With smaller clans I plan on hosting smaller events that teams can join in on. You will be able to earn points for your ranking in these group tournaments.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions/Question?? please feel free to ask away.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 08-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber
Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Well Ive been really thinking that its time we drop the number of people a clan could have done to 5 or 6. My logic behind this, is that the more clans we have the more active the battling center is. Once activity starts going up, we can raise the number up again. With smaller clans I plan on hosting smaller events that teams can join in on. You will be able to earn points for your ranking in these group tournaments.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions/Question?? please feel free to ask away.
Sounds like a good idea to me. It's a completely different place now, we used to have at least 10 people in a clan and there would be 4-5 clans. If only we still had activity like that :/
Old 08-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
Sounds like a good idea to me. It's a completely different place now, we used to have at least 10 people in a clan and there would be 4-5 clans. If only we still had activity like that :/
It really is, its hard for those of us from the old days to see it like this. We gotta let it go, the past is holding us down. The old way doesn't work for pe2k anymore, we need to reinvent our battling center. First step lower the number, then create new ways to battle each other. The 5v5 wars wont ever be gone, but newer tournaments need to be created. Everyone is welcome to suggest ideas for new team tournies !

Also thanks for the feedback man !

Old 08-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Knuckles Offline

Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Yahoo to Knuckles

Quote:
It really is, its hard for those of us from the old days to see it like this. We gotta let it go, the past is holding us down. The old way doesn't work for pe2k anymore, we need to reinvent our battling center. First step lower the number, then create new ways to battle each other. The 5v5 wars wont ever be gone, but newer tournaments need to be created. Everyone is welcome to suggest ideas for new team tournies !

Also thanks for the feedback man !
Once Black/White 2 touch down here (for those that haven't got a Japanese copy) activity will do one of two things; stay like it is or increase. Hopefully the latter.. smaller clans might boost activity a bit, but it also leaves the potential for newcomers to open up clans as well.. some spontaneous... A lot of what killed battling especially for WiFi was the lack of a level balance for WiFi, that coupled with dream world abilities, and the slew of new pokemon, people aren't as compelled to raise and perfect new ones. Also the higher presence of weather teams and their dominance has pretty much boiled things down to having the better constructed weather team as opposed to teams fitting playstyles and conditions. I want to say the change in tier list has something to do with it, but i can't argue that point
Old 08-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
Once Black/White 2 touch down here (for those that haven't got a Japanese copy) activity will do one of two things; stay like it is or increase. Hopefully the latter.. smaller clans might boost activity a bit, but it also leaves the potential for newcomers to open up clans as well.. some spontaneous... A lot of what killed battling especially for WiFi was the lack of a level balance for WiFi, that coupled with dream world abilities, and the slew of new pokemon, people aren't as compelled to raise and perfect new ones. Also the higher presence of weather teams and their dominance has pretty much boiled things down to having the better constructed weather team as opposed to teams fitting playstyles and conditions. I want to say the change in tier list has something to do with it, but i can't argue that point
Maybe a new strategy is needed then, giving people easier access to perfect pokemon so they can battle. Getting good pokemon should not be what stops people from getting into battles. We need to create something better then that here. We need to try something new.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Potentially fatal idea, each clan would need active 3 active members or crumble under the limit. I would strongly recommend leaders being picky about people joining as only active members would do under this rule.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
Potentially fatal idea, each clan would need active 3 active members or crumble under the limit. I would strongly recommend leaders being picky about people joining as only active members would do under this rule.
How much more damage can be caused. For months we only had one active clan and it wasnt that active. The system is broken and we need to try new ideas to fix it. I would like Lost and Etymology to respond because this effects them right now. So far its getting good feedback, once I get more Ill make up my mind. If we do go with lowering the number to say 5 or 6 clans will have to let some people go. Which could mean another clan opens.

If people want more free space to just chat, we can always create a general chat for the battling center. Which would be open to everyone.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

I'll put it bluntly if the limit caused the creation of inactive clans then the centre will die entirely we need activity this won't generate activity it might squeez it a little if active people become sparse than concentrated
Old 08-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

I don't think we have enough active members for this. I'd say 4 of my current members aren't particularly active at the moment, but all this will do right now is kick members out of clans; where will they go? I doubt they'll open their own clans, especially if they're not active.

I'd wait until the centre Is more active.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
I'll put it bluntly if the limit caused the creation of inactive clans then the centre will die entirely we need activity this won't generate activity it might squeez it a little if active people become sparse than concentrated
Well, your opinion is duly noted. Will see what everyone has to say before I make a decision.

@Etymology, if you think 5 is to low, what do you think would be better.

Last edited by Judge Dredd; 08-25-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Lost Soul Offline

Im on my phone right now, so ill expand when im less busy, its a bit of a two way street from PE's perspective, I wouldn't have any problems lowering the number of members, it makes sense actually, if it works, its possible also that people may not even bother to become active again when they find that their own clan is full and have to start a new clan

Another possible alternative and may seem a bit radical, is keep the limit to 12 or 15, and turn the clan system to a similar system as the war teams, a clan not strictly for battlers but RP'ers, artists and others, and expand the idea of interactive Pokemon, while it'll be the leaders prerogative on the makeup of their clan, its also possible to get people interested in competitive battling, ill expand on this more when im at my pc, but basically it'll turn it into a year long competition, and for say the top four clans get to battle it out in the next war
Old 08-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
Im on my phone right now, so ill expand when im less busy, its a bit of a two way street from PE's perspective, I wouldn't have any problems lowering the number of members, it makes sense actually, if it works, its possible also that people may not even bother to become active again when they find that their own clan is full and have to start a new clan

Another possible alternative and may seem a bit radical, is keep the limit to 12 or 15, and turn the clan system to a similar system as the war teams, a clan not strictly for battlers but RP'ers, artists and others, and expand the idea of interactive Pokemon, while it'll be the leaders prerogative on the makeup of their clan, its also possible to get people interested in competitive battling, ill expand on this more when im at my pc, but basically it'll turn it into a year long competition, and for say the top four clans get to battle it out in the next war
well we can work on what to do with people who have gone inactive, maybe allow for 2 people to be on your inactive list. Inactive members are not a concern right now. Ways to get this place going again is.
If 5 is to low then we can move it to ten, either way, the number has to change.

Then second thing your describing would a club, the only problem with that is clubs dont battle each other. This needs to be about battling, weather it be wifi or po/showdown. Now recruiting people who are willing to battle or at least try is a great idea. They could end up getting more into it.

Also, remember I am going to be trying some new tournies/alternative wars. So that everyone can participate.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:
The only way to generate activity in the first place is to grow the battling center anything more than what it's at right now. Once it grows more obviously the limit would be pushed away, but for now we don't even have enough people to worry about losing more activity. We can only gain from where we are right now.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 AM
Lost Soul Offline

Quote:
well we can work on what to do with people who have gone inactive, maybe allow for 2 people to be on your inactive list. Inactive members are not a concern right now. Ways to get this place going again is.
If 5 is to low then we can move it to ten, either way, the number has to change.

Then second thing your describing would a club, the only problem with that is clubs dont battle each other. This needs to be about battling, weather it be wifi or po/showdown. Now recruiting people who are willing to battle or at least try is a great idea. They could end up getting more into it.

Also, remember I am going to be trying some new tournies/alternative wars. So that everyone can participate.
like you said, it's time for a change to boost activity, and changing clan sizes doesn't really do much IMO, it seems like right now there are only 15 or so active members in the battling clan and, i don't know how active the other sections are, if we could translate some of that activity into the battling center that would probably be the simplest way to boost activity,

i don't think people are willing to invest that much time since it became a lot more difficult to get a level 100 pokemon when they nerfed the battling system and forced everyone to directly level their pokemon to 100, offering services to help new and old battlers to get level 100 pokemon as well as breeding flawless/semi-flawless pokemon and ev training would do a lot in bringing people back i think

maybe for the current In-game team tourney you can offer a full team of competitive pokemon to draw more new people, as well as bringing back the tutoring system, helping people get competitively viable pokemon would be a huge step, and one that i think needs to be tried out with shrinking the clans, if not before
Old 08-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
like you said, it's time for a change to boost activity, and changing clan sizes doesn't really do much IMO, it seems like right now there are only 15 or so active members in the battling clan and, i don't know how active the other sections are, if we could translate some of that activity into the battling center that would probably be the simplest way to boost activity,

i don't think people are willing to invest that much time since it became a lot more difficult to get a level 100 pokemon when they nerfed the battling system and forced everyone to directly level their pokemon to 100, offering services to help new and old battlers to get level 100 pokemon as well as breeding flawless/semi-flawless pokemon and ev training would do a lot in bringing people back i think

maybe for the current In-game team tourney you can offer a full team of competitive pokemon to draw more new people, as well as bringing back the tutoring system, helping people get competitively viable pokemon would be a huge step, and one that i think needs to be tried out with shrinking the clans, if not before
I can address some of this, I agree that people get nerfed about having to level up. This is one of the reason im working on a official trade shop that will offer these survives. Im going to be honest though, I can not be responsible for all of this on my own. I have a lot of stuff to do on this forum as is. Some of you are going to need to step up. If its donating pokemon, breeding new pokemon or just helping with ev training, leveling up. The battling center was okay in the past because we so many members to do different things. Unfortunately because of the nature of clans and the competitive nature of battling centers in general, there was no real unity. This is what I mean about changing, we have to work together to fix this place. So anyone who can offer some service, which as I said could be breeding, ev training, even tutoring will be of great help.

I dont have a whole team to offer, I have a limited stock and most of them are just iv breed pokemon, I only have a hand full of great max ev breed pokemon. I might start looking to the clan members to donate to help out a shop that everyone can use.

As far as future plans, I have a new arena in the works to help draw people in, I have not finished the fine details but the arena will give people a whole team to battle with. So anyone with wifi would be able to join in !