Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default My Song Book - (Must I be an irritation Xanthe?)

In real life, I am a guitarist, and a basic-leveled pianist. The past year, I have gotten into songwriting. My issue, is that I can only write when I am at an extreme of emotion, and when I do, it is usually snippets of songs. But I don't have the guts to show people I know IRL. I do however believe that if I post some of my songs here, I will A) Feel more inclined to write complete songs, if people here like them, instead of just verses, and B) Will have the guts to show people IRL, if people here like them. So yeah, these are my creations, some are complete, some aren't. I do hope you enjoy them though :)
PS: I had alot more songs. But I was silly and stored them on my phone, which was prone to dying due to my constant need to modify. So those songs were lost. Some of which I wish I still remembered, others, I am glad I lost.

Quick Links
Worlds Apart (Complete)
In Your Hands (In Progress)

Also: I am not a child. I can tolerate constructive criticism. What I don't tolerate is pure flaming.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 06-13-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Xanthe is annoying me. I hope you can read this Xanthe :P
Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: My Song Book

Worlds Apart
The Backstory

I wrote thing song one morning before school. About a year prior, a close friend of mine moved overseas, and went to a boarding school in Cameroon, but was going to come back in June 2013 for University. We still talked over facebook, but due to her unstable internet connection, and differing timezones, this was rare. I missed seeing her, but the night before I wrote this song, I had a dream, of the day when she came back. After that dream, I missed her alot more, and wrote some parts of this song. This song remained incomplete for a few weeks, but after some other things happened in my life, it evolved into a depressing love song about a girl I know...

The Song

Verse 1
I see your face,
Eyes open wide,
But all you see,
Is just the outside of me.
Just one chance,
Is all I need,
To show to you,
The other side of me.

Chorus
Every night I dream of you and me,
When I know that it'll never be,
All of this, it breaks my heart,
Just to know that we are Worlds Apart.

Verse 2
Why can't you see,
What I would do,
Through all the days,
Just to be with you.
You are the one,
I'd spend forever with,
You are the one,
That I sorely miss.

Chorus
Same as Above

Bridge
My dreams won't last,
There is no way,
To stay with you,
Through all the days.
Until the end,
You will be in my heart,
But the hardest part is always, waking up.

Chorus
Same as Above

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Default Re: My Song Book

In Your Hands
The Backstory
I am a Christian, and proud of it. People will probably be skeptical about the following story, but anyway...
Since I was 11, I wanted to do forensics as a job when I left school. I told my parents this (Who both dropped out of high school) and they have pressured me for the past 7 years to do forensics, and set a high standard for my school work. From all this pressure, I have had my doubts on whether I want to do Forensics or not. Recently, I began listening to an awesome band called Fireflight. They are a christian band, who do metal music. There music isn't open, obvious worship, like bands like Planetshakers, Hillsong and Jesus Culture, but is instead a semi-cryptic message in the lyrics. They never mention God directly, which can be seen as both a good thing and a bad thing. A good thing is, that people who aren't Christians can still get some message from their music. Anyway, recently I have been thinking about what it would be like to play in a band like that. I love their style, and enjoy playing it. I have had my doubts about forensics, and have been dreaming of playing this music. One night at my youth group, one of my leaders who i had never mentioned this to, came over to me, and told me that God told him that I have a dream, and have doubts about it. He said God wants me to chase that dream and not look back. I told a close friend of mine, who is a singer about this. She said that she wanted to sing in the band. I took both these things as a sign, and in the moments of Joy that followed, I was inspired to write this song. It still needs to be completed however.
The Song

Verses
Still incomplete

Chorus
In your hands,
I am forgiven.
In your hands,
My sin was washed away.
In your hands,
My life hangs in the balance.
In your hands,
I have been set free.

Bridge
The days keep going by,
And we go our own way.
Yet we are never forgotten,
Never left behind.

Banner Made by Me