Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 PM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to princess crow
Default Winter Writing Competition 2012

Welcome to the
Winter Writing Competition!

Here we are, once again. Anxious authors have been biting at ankles for a chance to post their work, and here's the perfect opportunity to do so! With the hopes of obtaining fame, honor, and even a legendary pokemon for winning such a prestigious ceremony, any member of the URPG is able to tackle this obstacle. However, know that the competition will be fierce, and snatching a win in this contest can and will be difficult. Regardless, it just takes some extra determination, a creative mind, and the strive to become one of URPG's Greats to take first place. Best of luck, participants!

Ground Rules:

1. Voting will begin after the window for submission closes. The time allotted for voting in each round will depend on how many submissions are posted by the end of the competition.

2. Your story must be passed by a grader to be eligible for the competition. After your story has been passed, please link your story in this thread (if the deadline is approaching and your story still hasn't been graded, you may post the link here, and it will be graded ASAP)

3. You may post as many stories as you want during this window, but only one may be chosen to enter the competition. Choose wisely.

4. Your entry cannot be longer than 150,000 characters. Remember, always think quality over quantity!

5. As usual, all stories must follow normal story regulations. Not much to say here about that, as it should be standard knowledge.

How To Enter:

1. You may begin posting your stories on January 1st. The deadline for story submission is 11:59 (Pacific Standard Time) on January 31st. Remember, only stories that have been posted during this window are eligible for entering the competition, so stories that have posted prior to January 1st are not allowed for entry.

2. To enter the competition, please put [WWC] somewhere in your story's title. This will help graders (and me) identify which stories are to be entered.

3. You must be a member of the URPG to enter. If you're not a member yet wish to enter... go sign up then!!

Prizes:

First Place: Our winner will receive a Legendary Pokemon of their choice, which they may keep for a year, and $10,000.

Second Place: The runner-up shall receive a Complex Pokemon of their choice, $8,000, and a hearty pat on the back.

Third Place: Some words of encouragement, $5,000, and a Hard Pokemon of their liking.

Prizes are subject to change based upon number of entries

Voting:

1. You must be a URPG Member to vote.

2. When voting, please select your three favorite stories of that round. From those three, please arrange them in order, from 1 being your least favorite and 3 being your most favorite. With all the combined votes, the story with the highest tally value will win that round.

3. Votes are to be sent to me via PM. Please include something in your title to the effect of "WWC Votes" so I don't have to mill through my PM's to find your votes. Also, please include a summary of the stories you are voting for. This is so that I know you've read the stories rather than just blindly voted for them. It doesn't have to be much -- two or three sentences should suffice. Remember that you won't get paid for your votes nor will they count if you don't include summaries!

4. If you've entered the competition, you're still able to vote -- you're allowed to vote even in the round that your story is participating in! However, you won't be able to vote for yourself. However, by voting in the round you're participating in, you shall receive 3 extra points for your story.

5. Make sure you're voting for your favorite story, not your favorite person. This is a writing competition, not a popularity contest, so keep things fair for everyone.

6. The length of each voting round/the amount of stories in each voting round will be determined when we have a solid estimate on how many stories will be entering.

7. Voters are to receive $3,000 per round of voting, but this might change based upon number of entries/rounds.

The layout of the competition will go something like this: The competition begins with several preliminary rounds. Each story is randomly selected to be in a group of other stories, and the voters decide which of these stories they like the best. The winner of this preliminary round will be reserved a spot in the final round. After all the preliminary rounds have been completed and the best of the best are pitted together, the final round begins.

The final round is much like any other, except the stakes are higher. More money, honor, and even a legendary Pokemon are up for grabs here! More information will be available as we progress closer to the date, but the person with the highest number of tallies will be crowned the Winter Writing Competition of 2012's Champion!

Past Winners:

1. Jag.
2. Marth.
3. Shroomish.
4. Jack of Clovers.
5. Fair.
6. Neo Pikachu.
7. DaRkUmBrEoN.
8. Pokemon Trainer Sarah.
9. Seawolf.
10. DaRkUmBrEoN.
11. Seawolf.
12. Tyranitar_Trainer.
13. Fever.
14. Phantom Kat.
15. Bryce.
16. Sequentio.
17. Kai-Mei.
18. Natorei.
19. Kai-Mei.
20. MagikChicken.
21. Embreon.
22. UM. YOUR MOM?

Best of luck, writers, and be sure to ask me if you have any further questions

Get Writing!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:38 AM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Winter Writing Competition 2012

Okay, submitting this from my phone, so please pardon any formatting errors.

The submission window has closed, meaning that there are a total of 12 stories in the running. It's a bit small, but it actually stacks up pretty well. There are to be four preliminary rounds consisting of three stories each. Each voting session is to last 10 days, and the voters will receive $3,000 for their input. Look over the base rules once more if you have any questions, or just PM me.

Now, without further ado, the stories in the first voting round! These are randomly selected and are in no particular order. Again, I apologize that I can't link the stories, but y'all can get off your lazy butts and find 'em!

Sonata by WinterVines
The Winter Pidgeys by bestyXD
Marked by Morru Magnum

Votes are due by February 11th. Best of luck!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:38 AM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Okay, submitting this from my phone, so please pardon any formatting errors.

The submission window has closed, meaning that there are a total of 12 stories in the running. It's a bit small, but it actually stacks up pretty well. There are to be four preliminary rounds consisting of three stories each. Each voting session is to last 10 days, and the voters will receive $3,000 for their input. Look over the base rules once more if you have any questions, or just PM me.

Now, without further ado, the stories in the first voting round! These are randomly selected and are in no particular order. Again, I apologize that I can't link the stories, but y'all can get off your lazy butts and find 'em!

Sonata by WinterVines
The Winter Pidgeys by bestyXD
Marked by Morru Magnum

Votes are due by February 11th. Best of luck!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 AM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

I'M A SILLY GIRL WHO FORGETS TO POST THESE THINGS ON ALL THREE FORUMS. DON'T MIND ME.

Okay, the voting window for our first week is closed!

Anyway, getting right to the point, here are the results! It was an extremely close call! Great job to all you authors!

Sonata by WinterVines: 27! 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 (+3)

Marked by Morru Magnum: 26! 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 (+3)

The Winter Pidgeys by BestyxD 12! : 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1

Thanks for all your votes, and you will all be compensated for your time!

Please post here to claim your money:

Smiles
Sky Lark
Voltaire Magneton
Akinai
WinterVines
Joltik
Saesee Tiin
Nitro
Roren
Velo Jello
Morru Magnum

Give yourselves a big pat on the back!

Up next!

A Little Fall of Rain by Alaskapigeon
Continuum by Dog of Hellsing

The Dark Rise of Team Rocket by Ash K.

Votes are due by February 24th!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Might I suggest adding links to the stories.

-| Links |-
Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post
Might I suggest adding links to the stories.
Totally would if I could, Mr. Clover, but links are a no-no when it comes to mobile. Sorry ._.

Okay, Round Two has come to an end! The crazy closeness continues, and another huge round of applause to the authors contributing to this round. Lots of talent in this group!

Anyway, without anymore rambles from Hannerz, here are the votes!

A Little Rain by Alaskapigeon: 19! 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2

Continuum by Dog of Hellsing: 17! 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 (+3)

The Dark Rise of Team Rocket by Ash K.: 8! 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1

Thanks again, voters, for contributing your time! You may post to claim your voting money here, if your name is on the following list:

Akinai
Dog of Hellsing
Sky Lark
Voltaire Magneton
Saesee Tiin
Joltik
Smiles!

Up next:

Vanity by Akinai
Illusory Fates by Felly
Booty! by Smiles!

Best of luck to all participants! Votes are due by March 1st!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 PM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Delayed until the 5th because nobody votes :(

SERIOUSLY MORE PEOPLE VOTE PLEASE
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Back once again with some very amazing results! We had some great stories in this round (and the other rounds too!) and the closeness keeps pressing on! This competition is heating up! Without further ado, here are the standings:

Illusory Fates by Felly: 17! 3 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 (+3)

Booty! by Smiles: 18! 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 (+3)

Vanity by Akinai: 19! 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 (+3)

Soooo close, everybody. Give yourselves pats on dat backs because all authors in this round did fabulously.

Also, thanks for another great round of voting! Post here to claim your monies (3k)!

Akinai
Blue Towel
Voltaire Magneton
Smiles
CrazyLilChicken
WinterVines
Joltik
Felly

We have the final preliminary round up next, so best of luck to all participants! Let's try to have this done by the 12th of March, please!

The Stories

Final Spark by CrazyLilChicken
Shadow Wars Cp 4~5 by Saesee Tiin
The Stereotypical Evil Twin Sister by Voltaire Magneton
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Back once again with some very amazing results! We had some great stories in this round (and the other rounds too!) and the closeness keeps pressing on! This competition is heating up! Without further ado, here are the standings:

Illusory Fates by Felly: 17! 3 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 (+3)

Booty! by Smiles: 18! 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 (+3)

Vanity by Akinai: 19! 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 (+3)

Soooo close, everybody. Give yourselves pats on dat backs because all authors in this round did fabulously.

Also, thanks for another great round of voting! Post here to claim your monies (3k)!

Akinai
Blue Towel
Voltaire Magneton
Smiles
CrazyLilChicken
WinterVines
Joltik
Felly

We have the final preliminary round up next, so best of luck to all participants! Let's try to have this done by the 12th of March, please!

The Stories

Shadow Wars Cp 4~5 by Saesee Tiin
The Stereotypical Evil Twin Sister by Voltaire Magneton
Old 03-13-2013, 06:46 AM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Okay, here marks the end of the fourth and final preliminary round! Let's see the results:

Shadow Wars Cp 4~5 by Saesee Tiin: 16! 2 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 (+3)

Final Spark by CrazyLilChicken: 24! 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 (+3)

The Stereotypical Evil Twin Sister: 20! 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 3 (+3)

This means that CrazyLilChicken advances to the final round. Congratulations, Chick, you've earned it!

Again, one more massive thank you to our voters (post here to claim your 3k!):

Smiles
WinterVines
Felly
CrazyLilChicken
Gazm0tron
Saesee Tiin
Voltaire Magneton
Joltik
BlueTowel

Thanks for your votes, guys! Claim your money for your hard work and dedication!

---------------

Thus ends the preliminary rounds of the WWC!

This is where the best of the best show down. All authors with stories that have made it this far can claim an extra 5k for their brave and wonderful effort. Congratulations for making it this far, you guys! You've earned it! However, this is far from finished. In fact, it's only just begun!

The Stories:
Vanity by Akinai
Sonata by WinterVines
A Little Rain by Alaskapigeon

The voting session starts from right now until March 20th. At this time, the winners shall be revealed and their efforts rewarded. This is heating up, so make sure you vote! Good luck, participants!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 PM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Wow.

This is it. The final round of our Winter Writing Competition is coming to an end. Though this competition was relatively small compared to the past, competition was as strong as ever. Everyone that participated - give yourselves a hearty pat on the back. You've helped make this competition one-of-a-kind, and I thank you greatly for all that you've provided for this prestigious event.

Enough delaying. Now, drumroll... May I present to you, the third place winner!

Spoiler:

BOOM CLANG BOOM POW BOOM CONGRATULATIONS WINTERVINES!

WinterVines and her hallowing story, Sonata, have struck a chord with our readers! With a total of 15 points, she can take home $5,000 and any Hard-ranked Pokémon of her liking! Nice job, Winter!

And now, for the second place prize! Drumroll once more, please!!

Spoiler:

SMACK CLANG SMACK BOOM CLOP BOOM SMACK CONGRATULATIONS AKINAI!

Akinai and her story, Vanity, told a grim tale of a Spoink in a cave. Though the Spoink didn't make it out alive, Akinai is rewarded for it in a sick and twisted way! PRIZES FOR STORY MURDER WOO. Just kidding. Akinai's getting the prize for the great story she told that our readers seemed to love, wracking up 17 points this round. Go ahead and grab a Complex Pokémon for yourself, along with an additional $8,000.

AND NOW. WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

This year's 1st prize place goes to...

Spoiler:

Oh wait wrong place and wrong bird my bad

POW VROOM BANG CLASH BOOM BEEP BOOP SMACK CONGRATULATIONS ALASKAPIGEON!

Ladies and gentlemen (and dittos), give a round of applause for this girl. Alaska wrote a short yet terrifically brilliant story about love and memories, as well as letting go of these two strong feelings. Quite the tear-jerking, onion-peeling experience. The readers loved this story so much that Alaska gained 26 points this round! Snatching first place, Alaska is now entitled to $10,000. However, the greatest prize lays ahead. Not only will she have the honor and respect from her fellow URPGers, but she can now claim ANY unclaimed Legendary Pokémon!!! You can keep this Pokémon for an entire year to prove your great triumph in this marvelous competition.

Again, a round of applause to everyone participating in this event. The talent in this was OFF THE CHARTS. Reading these stories filled me with great pride and respect for my fellow authors. You've all done fabulously, and I wish I could give each and everyone of you a prize of your own. However, join me in congratulating the best of the best, the winners of the 2012 Winter Writing Competition!

SNAP CLANG VROOM POW VROOM *APPLAUSE!*

Sadly, all great things must come to an end. It's time for this party to split. Hold your tears. But seriously. Thanks, everybody, for making this great. It's YOU who's made this thing possible, and I can't thank you enough. Before you know it, we'll be back here in June, completely owning the Story Section once more. Prepare yourselves, and I'll see all y'all around.

Vote Results:

Spoiler:

Vanity by Akinai: 17 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 (+3)

Sonata by WinterVines: 15 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 1 (+3)

Final Spark by CrazyLilChicken: 8 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2

A Little Rain by Alaskapigeon: 21 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3

Voters (due to the sheer awesomeness of this round, you can all claim 5k instead of 3k for voting) :

Spoiler:

Smiles

Felly

WinterVines

Akinai

Gazm0tr0n

Voltaire Magneton

BlueTowel

MuddyMudkip

Joltik

KE$HA LATER, YOU GORGEOUS POPSICLES!