Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default What You Want to See in the Starters

Since the types for the starters were announced, what do you want to see in the evolutions of the starters? What types do you wanna see? What animal do you want to see them based on? What moves do you want them to be able to use?

For me, I'm hoping Fennekin becomes Fire/Ground, Fire/Electric, or just plain Fire typed. I want it to be able to use the same moves as Typhlosion; Eruption, Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Lava Plume, etc. Hopefully Fennekin will keep it's animal as the Fennec Fox. <3

Also, for those who don't know yet, the starters are pure typed. No secondary types.

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 01-14-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Roze Offline

Default Re: What You Want to See in the Starters

I'd still like to see Fennekin become Fire/Psychic. I'd love an evolution that lead anywhere close to Kyubimon.

This is the most Kyubimon I've seen. Looks like a first evolution (I love to see what this evovles into):

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...an-d5qus2j.png

This is a different take but still reminds me of Kyubimon:

http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uplo...-evolution.jpg

I also thought this was pretty interesting. Fennekin's ear hair seems to have been turned into wings creating a Fire/Flying Pokemon.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...hi-d5r44j9.jpg

This is one of my all time favorites also. I love the hair necklace.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...le-d5qw86i.png

Actually if any of the Pokemon became half psychic it would automatically become the one I'd choose.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

It is likely that Froakie will evolve into a Water/Ice type, judging by it's use of Ice Beam in a screenshot.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Roze Offline

I was pretty sure that I saw Froakie use Hydro Pump and Faint Attack.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Frokie has a best bet being ground or we might get supprise and it's a flying genie toad.

I hope the starters get a nice final typing thta makes them popular as comeptivly as they they are out side of that relm but if the fox shares victini's typing, they end up ugly or another mon out classes them, that might not happen
Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Roze Offline

I highly doubt and pray that there will be no Fire/Fighting and no Water/Ground. I'm gonna give Gamefreak a little credit and say that they aren't that redundant. Based of Froakie's white mane, I'm going to say he will not be part ground.

I'd prefer pure water over part ground. I'd love Water/Dark, Water/Dragon, Water/Flying, Even Water/Poison.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 01-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roze View Post
I highly doubt and pray that there will be no Fire/Fighting and no Water/Ground. I'm gonna give Gamefreak a little credit and say that they aren't that redundant. Based of Froakie's white mane, I'm going to say he will not be part ground.

I'd prefer pure water over part ground. I'd love Water/Dark, Water/Dragon, Water/Flying, Even Water/Poison.
out the them is likely water/flying. the fox will not be a fighting type.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Spoiler:

Fennekin could be Fire/Fighting. No one knows. Froakie could end up pure Water. I'd also dread a Water/Ground.

Froakie looked to me like he was using Ice Beam and some Electric-Type move.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post

Fennekin could be Fire/Fighting. No one knows. Froakie could end up pure Water. I'd also dread a Water/Ground.

Froakie looked to me like he was using Ice Beam and some Electric-Type move.
why must you argue with everything i sya on such matters? no the fox won't be a fighting type odd say as the animal the fox it dosn't have the build of a fighting type.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
why must you argue with everything i sya on such matters? no the fox won't be a fighting type odd say as the animal the fox it dosn't have the build of a fighting type.
Neither did Torchic. They can change up the design.

I'm just saying NO ONE outside Gamefreak knows. You can guess on their evolutions, but you CANNOT claim to know 100%.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
Emboar is a flaming pig and can learn Scald. Sense where?

Keldeo has the build of a small unicorn and it's a fighting type. How does that work?

Toxicroak looks more fitting to be Poison/Dark but it's Poison/Fighting and learns far more Dark moves than fighting moves. ><

Galvantula's dex entries says it can create barriers with it's electric thread but it can't learn Barrier or Reflect, only Light Screen. [NINTENDO FIX THIS]

You can't base typing and things mased on moves and what the Pokemon is based off of. Pokemon can throw in the random thing in there that doesn't make sense.

ANYWAY.

I'm hoping Chespin is Grass/Rock. If it turns into something like a mole that would be awesome. I'd like a nice mole Pokemon that's not Excadrill. Excadrill bores me.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 01-14-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
Emboar is a flaming pig and can learn Scald. Sense where?
OMG HA HA I JUST NOTICED THAT

Excadrill is boring. It's uglehhh. No uglies for me no thanks.

As long as Fennekin remains cute through out it's evolutionary line, I'm picking it, I don't care what the type is, move sets, nuh-uh. As long as it's still cute. Even if it becomes (in my opinion) ugly, then I just won't evolve it. <3
Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
OMG HA HA I JUST NOTICED THAT

Excadrill is boring. It's uglehhh. No uglies for me no thanks.

As long as Fennekin remains cute through out it's evolutionary line, I'm picking it, I don't care what the type is, move sets, nuh-uh. As long as it's still cute. Even if it becomes (in my opinion) ugly, then I just won't evolve it. <3
i did say odd are fighting is an unlikely type for a fox. I really wish the ebst for these starters as 5th gens were such a disaster in my opinion all outclassed and useless and honestly asphetically not that great. Only serperior has a redmining factor in it's non existant Dream world ability.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Since the types for the starters were announced, what do you want to see in the evolutions of the starters? What types do you wanna see? What animal do you want to see them based on? What moves do you want them to be able to use?

For me, I'm hoping Fennekin becomes Fire/Ground, Fire/Electric, or just plain Fire typed. I want it to be able to use the same moves as Typhlosion; Eruption, Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Lava Plume, etc. Hopefully Fennekin will keep it's animal as the Fennec Fox. <3

Also, for those who don't know yet, the starters are pure typed. No secondary types.
Well what did you expect? Ever since Gen I all the starters have been single-typed except for Bulbasaur

I'd love a Fire/Electric Fennekin evo as it could prove a nice troll to the Froakie family (as long as, hopefully, it isn't a Ground-type)
Quote:
I'd still like to see Fennekin become Fire/Psychic. I'd love an evolution that lead anywhere close to Kyubimon.

This is the most Kyubimon I've seen. Looks like a first evolution (I love to see what this evovles into):

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...an-d5qus2j.png

This is a different take but still reminds me of Kyubimon:

http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uplo...-evolution.jpg

I also thought this was pretty interesting. Fennekin's ear hair seems to have been turned into wings creating a Fire/Flying Pokemon.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...hi-d5r44j9.jpg

This is one of my all time favorites also. I love the hair necklace.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...le-d5qw86i.png

Actually if any of the Pokemon became half psychic it would automatically become the one I'd choose.
ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY ARCEUS BLEEDING NO

I will ABSOLUTELY NOT tolerate a psychic starter! There are too many Psychic types in existance as is. At least every generation we get a flooding of Psychic-type Pokémon, especially legendaries, who are either overpowerered trolls (evident the most in Red and Blue), or crap to use with their dangerously hindering weaknesses to Dark, Ghost, and Bug (as in every following Generation).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etymology View Post
It is likely that Froakie will evolve into a Water/Ice type, judging by it's use of Ice Beam in a screenshot.
Most Water-types use Ice-type moves as a Grass-type counter. Just because Froakie used an Ice-type move doesn't make it an Ice-type Pokémon
Quote:
I was pretty sure that I saw Froakie use Hydro Pump and Faint Attack.
Both very possible. Neither would necessarily hint to its evolution types though.
Quote:

THANK YOU! Someone with some sense!

Water/Ground has been abused ever since Quagsire was conceived, and a Water/Ground toad by name of Seismitoad already exists. On top of that, Swampert already is a Water/Ground final evo of a starter and we do NOT need another ripoff of him like Emboar and Infernape are ripoffs of Blaziken. On that thought, PLEASE LET THE FIRE/FIGHTING CHAIN BE OVER!
I am getting SICK AND TIRED of seeing that type combo OVER AND OVER among starters. It's almost as though it will become a staple for every future game on end like that there will always be a Bug/Poison and a Grass/Poison in every generation. ENOUGH REDUNDANCY! In the cases of the others, I only see Water/Poison as a possibility that I wouldn't scream bloody murder over. I think that the others are represented fine.

And to end on a more productive note, I'm hoping for Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel Chespin because, while I dislike redundancy, I know that those combinations are dangerously underrepresented and that a Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dragon starter would be out of the question.
For Fennekin, I'd take Fire/Electric seeing as Rotom is a pathetic excuse for representing that combo. I'd take Fire/Ground but that would make Fennekin's family have a glaring disadvantage against Froakie's family. I'd love Fire/Ice as an uncovered type combination but that is about a likely as Chespin becoming Grass/Dragon, a la impossible.
And finally Froakie I'd like to see become Water/Poison and I've grown into the possibility of Water/Fighting or Water/Electric. I realize that neither Lanturn nor Poliwrath have the real threat factor that their types would suggest, so maybe Froakie could awaken the potential that Poliwrath and Lanturn couldn't.

EDIT: Hey I happen to like Excadrill. It's a much better Ground/Steel than Steelix in terms of fighting power and I find Drilbur to be cute.

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 01-14-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
I will ABSOLUTELY NOT tolerate a psychic starter! There are too many Psychic types in existance as is. At least every generation we get a flooding of Psychic-type Pokémon, especially legendaries, who are either overpowerered trolls (evident the most in Red and Blue), or crap to use with their dangerously hindering weaknesses to Dark, Ghost, and Bug (as in every following Generation).
watwatwatwatwat

5th most common type, only 67 Psychic types (excluding Meloetta and Darmanitan Formes).

DEY AIN'T ENUFF PSYCHICS