Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 02-15-2013, 01:09 AM
NES2 Offline

Default "Burst" Roleplay - A New Format for PE2K

Hey guys. I haven't browsed the forum for a while, so I can't remember when I last posted. Life has been hectic to say the least. Anyways, I've noticed that a large portion of PE2K's roleplay community has the same dilemma, and as such, there is a smaller population of people available for an RP. As such, few RPs even manage to gather enough membership to start, and the RPs that do make off the ground die pretty quickly. There are a few RPs that manage to be active, but those that are are usually slow paced.

This may be in part due to the nature of the current RP format, which encourages large and detailed worlds and settings that are painstakingly crafted, and plots that require a massive task to be completed in order for the RP to end. As such, few RPs can survive before this "goal" is met. It's saddening to find that a lot of brilliant work is lost because RPs simply die too soon.

So I have a solution, that hopefully can coexist alongside standard RPs. These are what I like to call "Burst" RPs, which, rather than take place in a massive world, are roleplays of single scenarios and scenes. Rather than have a massive plot, these would act more as a chapter or short story inside a world, with a definite endpoint that can be reached in a shorter span of time. These RPs would be designed to last a week or less, and would be easier to conclude and participate in. Some of these can even be strung into larger plots, and individual "Burst" RPs can act as chapters or episodes in a larger universe or setting.

Of course, sign-ups and writing quality would still have to meet quality standards. There would also need to be a way to make sure the RP doesn't end prematurely, with the GM setting the minimum and maximum amount of posts or time that can be spent in the roleplay before it ends. Other than that though, I feel it could revive the RP community, and I'll attempt to develop one as a trail.

So, thoughts?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Dragotech Offline

Default Re: "Burst" Roleplay - A New Format for PE2K

It may be able to work.
It sounds like it is worth a try at least.