Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 04-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven
Default Rare Occasions

Tell your stories about rare occasions such as where you found lati@s, when you got to mirage island or when and where you got your shiny, when you got all five of the numbers for the lilycove lottery, or when something else strange happened.

I have sapphire and I found my latias on route 119 below fortree city where you surf, and then when you first get off, there is a secret base below all this grass. Then after I finished making my secret base, I left, and she was the first pokemon I saw! Another few rare things that have happened are the times when I caught all of the legendaries with pokeballs and I also got the eon ticket (Have never cheated on my game... I've only been out with a few other games when Sapphire was gone on vacation, that's all... I swear... ) Also, for three days I took all of my pokemon to the old man who says if he could see the island, but he never said he could see it. I'll start trying it again because I know I'll eventually get it... (also, does he check your whole team, or just your first pokemon?)
Old 04-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Traipez Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Traipez
Default Re: Rare Occasions

I was surfing on the water on my way from Dewford to Slateport (Dont ask me why I surfed.. I just wanted to surf :P) i met a Shiny Tentacool!!
I was watching TV, so I didn't notice it, but then I saw one star! I thought my Absol or the Tentacool used Swift, but none of them have it, and the battle wasn't started! Then I saw it was a little green.
I threw 2 Ultra Balls and caught it :) - I named it: "Acid Shiny"

Latios? Cant remember where I caught him, only that it was 1 hour since I defeated the Elite Four - Exactly the same as my Sapphire! 1 hour after I defeated the Elite Four I met Latias.. Uhh!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:23 PM
pokemon fan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to pokemon fan

I caught latios on route 130 it was great i was not even looking for him i was just going to sky piler to train my pokemon.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:28 AM
Synod Offline
New Trainer

Eh' a rare occasion? Hmm.

Probably the rare occasion(s) I've gotten are when I caught a shiney Whismer and a Shiney Wurmple. Just strollen through that one cave and I came upon a shiney Whismur (Excuse the name spelling). I wasnt expecting it and I forgot about the shiney thing so I caught cause Whismer looked cool with his shiney gish' self. Well, now he's an Exploud and happily battling on my team . The Wurmple thing: I was just walking on route 101 and boom, a shiney wurmple. I was hoping it'd be a Beautifly, but it turned out to be a Dustox .
Old 04-13-2004, 06:51 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

Probably... use 2 ultra balls to catch Groudon without any status effect,
1 ultra ball caught Regice, 12 ultra balls caught Rayquaza (i consider that lucky )
i encounter latios at route 117(the route with breeding house), then i threw a masterball and caught it :)

Current team:

Last edited by Thunderbird; 04-13-2004 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:17 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird
Probably... use 2 ultra balls to catch Groudon without any status effect,
1 ultra ball caught Regice, 12 ultra balls caught Rayquaza (i consider that lucky )
i encounter latios at route 117(the route with breeding house), then i threw a masterball and caught it :)
If you think that's lucky... I caught ALL the legendaries with a pokeball. I'm not lying to you. I would swear on my life, because I did it. I didn't cheat, I don't have or have ever used a game shark or any cheating device in my life. I caught Regirock with 12 pokeballs, Kyogre with 5, Latias with 3 (met him the first time, took life, second time I used false swipe and stun spore, third time I sent out wobbufett and bought 50 pokeballs and threw three and caught him.) who knows how many for latios on the southern island, got Jirachi from the Wish Mkr (Bonus Disk), and the other regis I don't remember. I froze and took out most of Rayquaza's life and wasted a whopping 33 pokeballs on that level 70 bystander (you know like that innocent rocket member behind the wall with the hole in it ) and I caught Grudon on my brothers game with a pokeball, but I don't remember how long it took me. Anyways, that's all I have to say about that, except that I've caught every other pokemon aswell with pokeballs, except the safari zone pokes which I bred so that they would be in pokeballs, and released them into the wild... uh oh... they're supposed to be in the safari zone not wild! Now they'll die!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
tonytrainer Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to tonytrainer Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrainer
Red face Re: Rare Occasions

wow!You guys are lucky!I never met any shinies!
Anyways!

I caught the regis(the only ones I encounter) all the third time I tried with 12 ultraballs!

That's about it !!!
Now I'm waiting for the sellout at the deparment store!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal

I caught a shiny Lotad, and when I was looking for Absol, I found Latios. But
I couldn't find her anymore, she kept on fleeing to the water on Routes 128, 129, 130 & 131.

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 04-14-2004, 01:15 PM
tonytrainer Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to tonytrainer Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaichu
I caught a shiny Lotad, and when I was looking for Absol, I found Latios. But
I couldn't find her anymore, she kept on fleeing to the water on Routes 128, 129, 130 & 131.
aaaaa....Do you mean Latios or Latias!If you have lotad it means you Saphire and you mean Latias not Latios!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 03:07 PM
art Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art

maybe darkraichu has both games..

miyavi is the hotness
Old 04-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Black Knight Offline
New Trainer

I caught a Latias with Eon ticket,(without cheating I never cheat) Regirock with 5 great balls Regice with 17 Ultra balls and Registeel with 14 Ultraballs. I haven't caught Latios yet... I can't go to Mirage Island, I have Jirachi, and a Shiny Roselia. I guess you could consider that lucky.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:37 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Here's a strange one.I was trying out for Rayquaza and I forgot to pack balls! All I had was 3 ultra balls and a timer. The ultra balls missed and I thought hope was lost. I used the T-ball and viola! Although I had to use my blaziken to get him to red health.