Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven
Default Feeding

I'm not talking about whimpy berries and pokeblocks, I'm talking about meals... I mean I think there should be some place to buy poke food and if you don't feed them your pokemon will die. I mean it should say if they are nourished, hungry, starving, full, famished, bloated, or whatever. I mean it would make the whole thing of them liking you different and there could be different foods and desserts for pokemon. Also, it could affect your battles such as a snorlax has the ability Weight that makes his attacks more powerful the more food he's eaten. Another thing is performance. I mean do you think a starving pokemon is going to beat a healthy strong pokemon? No, which is why you should give them the best and everything. Of course I know people cannot feed them every day, so when you save the game, if you save in certain places, they will feed your pokemon for free, but of course at a minimum, or you can pay to have them fed for a certain amount of time at a pokemon center when your not playing, so that it feeds them for an alotted amount of time such as a month or whatever. Another thing is Leftovers could be a whole different thing and there could be eating contests like in the past games, although you couldn't actually eat and that's where you got leftovers in GSC

I dunno, it's just an idea. I know there are many bad things about it.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Feeding

That concept would make everything more realistic, but IMO it would also make things more annoying. I'd sacrifice the game being a little more realistic any day for not having to feed my 200+ pokemon.

That's just me though. =P
Old 04-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

You probably wouldn't have to feed your pokemon in the PC. =\ But still, I dont like it XD I'm lazy. =P Plus, it'd make things harder on a lot of the younger played, like my little 6 year old cousin. =P

Plus, think of the n00bs! 600 threads a day with: My pokemon died, why?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Unless the'll have a feed all button i'll stick to pokeblocks. Like the member before me said there are too many pokemon!
Old 04-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

It's too realistic.. I mean I hardly play everyday, I would be screwed up meh =P
Old 04-15-2004, 01:47 AM
The Elite Ygseto Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via MSN to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via Yahoo to The Elite Ygseto

Yeah it's to much like a VP. Its a game for little kids, they probally woun't get that.

My Trading Shop
White Friend Code: 0819-3051-3379
White Pokedex Obtained: 151(U)/442(N)

Pokemon I've Recently Breed, PM for trades
- Zorua w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Naive
- Deino w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Modest
- Panpour w/ Nasty Plot, Random Natures
Old 04-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Yeah, I have my own mouth to feed plus my 4 neopets.

Pokemon feeding would be a god edition but not really because not enough people have time. My pokemon would be dead by now.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:57 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

Well, the way I see it, pokemon are in a state of suspended animation when inside their poke-balls, so not being fed while in them wouldn't be a factor.
And I guess one could just assume that pokemon are fed when their put into storage or something; unless they're still inside poke-balls.
Fact is, I don't think Nintendo wants to make the game all that complex....'cause then you'd have to consider other factors like thirst and uh..making pit stops. Then it would just end up like Digimon World; having to sacrifice exploration in order to babysit your party -_-;

...Not to mention that hunger would most likely have to apply to the trainer as well. I mean, if you've noticed, the player's character never seems to have to eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, bathe, etc.....by RL standards, he should have either died or succumbed to a Gollum-like state. :P
Old 04-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

What do you think the trainer does when you turn off the gameboy?

lol, srry, couldnt resist. ^_^ But good points.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:38 AM
crazy blue eyes Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to crazy blue eyes Send a message via Yahoo to crazy blue eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
I'm not talking about whimpy berries and pokeblocks, I'm talking about meals... I mean I think there should be some place to buy poke food and if you don't feed them your pokemon will die. I mean it should say if they are nourished, hungry, starving, full, famished, bloated, or whatever. I mean it would make the whole thing of them liking you different and there could be different foods and desserts for pokemon. Also, it could affect your battles such as a snorlax has the ability Weight that makes his attacks more powerful the more food he's eaten. Another thing is performance. I mean do you think a starving pokemon is going to beat a healthy strong pokemon? No, which is why you should give them the best and everything. Of course I know people cannot feed them every day, so when you save the game, if you save in certain places, they will feed your pokemon for free, but of course at a minimum, or you can pay to have them fed for a certain amount of time at a pokemon center when your not playing, so that it feeds them for an alotted amount of time such as a month or whatever. Another thing is Leftovers could be a whole different thing and there could be eating contests like in the past games, although you couldn't actually eat and that's where you got leftovers in GSC

I dunno, it's just an idea. I know there are many bad things about it.
what!i've wrote this on the board b4 in the old forum,but thunderbird said that pokemon is not about food!

Houndoom and Lugia ---the BEST pokemon FOREVER!!!

Thanks Art for the 2 banners and avatar u hv made!! Also to CrystalBlue becoz u hv made a banner for me long time ago =]
Old 04-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy blue eyes
what!i've wrote this on the board b4 in the old forum,but thunderbird said that pokemon is not about food!
like wt the others said so, food for the game is too complex & annoying, but in animes, lol, a whole different matter.

Current team: