Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector
Default One Destiny

I hav decided to begin my career as a fnafiction writter on the board by writting a Dark Pokčmon fanfiction. I know many people say that Pokčmon and Dark themes never match, but I beg to differ. You see, by using Dark themes, I feel like you're adding a bit of actual maturity to the original thing. Anyway, below is the synopsis of the story, so keep your eyes glued to the monitor, and read on...

A loss of a hero is often a fatal blow to society. The only problem with this hero was that the whole world had been looking up to him, and all of them dealt with a crippling shock at the loss of their hero to be. The only problem was that this hero was known personally by so many people, and losing him was the worst thing possible

Okay, the second worst thing possible. The worst thing, is that this hero actually left the world, and joined the people that he had once been working against: The Shadow League, and their leader, Apocalypse.

Apocalypse’s only wish is to fulfil the prophecy of the Armageddon, to fulfil the prophecy that says the world shall be demolished by nature’s wrath. Once this prophecy is carried out, Apocalypse wishes to rebuild the world, the way he wants it to be, and have him as the absolute monarch over the world’s people.

The only thing that the world’s people had to look up to was the fact that another hero had risen, destined to protect the people from Apocalypse. There was only one set back: this new hero was once a high-ranking member in The Shadow League.

Now, I’m sure that everyone would like to know the name of the traitor, the previous hero, who left and joint The Shadow League. His name was once that was praised by even the highest members of the government. Well, here it is:

Ash Ketchum

~DS~

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^

Last edited by Deathspector; 12-15-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: One Destiny

PROLOGUE

The sun had barely set in Vermillion. An air of evil rested upon the city of light, and no longer did its inhabitants have the protection of their beloved Lieutenant Surge, for the war veteran had been murdered.

As unlikely as this sounds, it’s true. Surge had tried to protect Vermillion from the atrocious Apocalypse, and his Shadow League of traitors. Unfortunately, he was the only person of Vermillion that could fight back, and The Shadow League’s strength in number overcame poor Surge. He, and his Raichu, did, however, strike The Shadow League with such force that one eighth of their forces died in the assault to kill Surge, and take rule over Vermillion.

In both of these aspects, they had succeeded. The inhabitants of Vermillion had given up after Surge had been assassinated, but had signed a treaty with The Shadow League that said that they would not work, or fight in any way along side them.

Ash Ketchum himself had been there when the treaty was signed, but at the moment, he had more pressing matters. For instance, the reason that they had come to Vermillion. This was the only city in Kanto that The Shadow League had taken over, apart from Saffron (which was now under their control, people and all) and Viridian (which they had completely burnt down, when the inhabitants had fought back).

Ash sat in a shiny black limousine, with darkened windows up, and curtains drawn from within. He needed all off his energy to be conserved if he had to carry out their operation, so he was lying down, flat across two chairs, one hand was constantly ruffling his black hair , and the other stroking his ever-faithful Pikachu. The world was flashing before his eyes, as he slipped into a calming, and restful state of consciousness.

“Sir,” called his driver from the front seat. “We are almost at your destination, do you wish to get out and walk, for this is a pedestrian only street, or shall I drive down anyway?”

Ash slowly raised himself from his sleeping position, and rubbed his eyes before answering in a tone, which had deepened with age, “I’ll get out, Roberto. Let’s not flout these people’s laws just yet. We only signed the treaty two days ago, and I don’t want another battle soon, not when we have more important things to deal with. Besides, I need to stretch my legs a bit.”

Roberto replied, but Ash didn’t hear him, because he was gathering up a long brown trench-coat with The Shadow League’s symbol of a black sword stitched on at the front. He slipped it over his shoulders, jerked the hood on, and scrambled out of the car, Pikachu at his heel’s the whole time.

As Roberto drove off into the night, Ash stuffed his hands into the trench-coat’s pockets, bowed his head, and walked forward. Pikachu, who had not had much exercise for the past couple of days, bounced along happily in front, his pointed ears flopping about in rhythm. Ash couldn’t help but grin at his little friend’s obliviousness to the trouble that Vermillion faced. It was exactly how Ash wanted it.

If Pikachu knew what was going on, it was likely to forget the happiness of life, and brood over difficulties that the world faced. If this happened, Pikachu would no longer want to fight, and Ash would be sunk. He relied on his Pokčmon alone for his plan to carried out.

As he looked around, Ash felt rather sad. Vermillion was truly a beautiful city, and he hated himself for what he was going to do, but it was necessary for the survival of The Shadow League. The houses were no taller than two floors, and it gave a picture perfect sight of the moon. All the houses was painted to perfection, and each one was different from the next.

Sighing, Ash walked on, and pushed the thought out of his mind. Pikachu would surely sense his sadness, and respond respectively. As Ash turned the corner of the street, Pikachu called out a warning through Ash’s mind

Careful Big Guy. Someone’s here, I just know it. There’s that aura of humanness. Give me a second, and I’ll find out where.

Right, replied Ash. Take all the time you need.

Within seconds of this minute conversation, Pikachu let out a yell of surprise, and was tossed backwards from the corner that it was looking at. The poor little mouse was flung like a doll against the wall of an opposite building. A cut appeared near his face. Anger welled up inside Ash, but he decided to think for a bit. He finally got it. He realised why he had not seen the person: the person had been hiding in the shadows.

Finally, the stranger emerged from his hiding. He was older than Ash, because his hair was slightly grey in parts, and brown in others. His eyes were black, and they bore into Ash so much that he shivered. The stranger was wearing a white shirt that was slightly blood-stained, and a pair of brown pants. His shoes were shiny black, and reflected the moon’s light

“Who are you? And why, for heaven’s sake did you toss my Pikachu onto the ground?” Ash asked menacingly. He expected this man to cringe at the tone in his voice like everyone else did, but the stranger merely glared back

“To answer your questions, “ he spoke with an air of power, “My name is Fredrick, I was Surge’s right-hand-man before you bastards assassinated him. He didn’t deserve what he got.”

Fredrick threw the last words at Ash with such force that Ash stepped backwards as if he had been slapped. He then gathered himself up, and snarled, “You still haven’t answered my second question. I want an answer.”

Fredrick looked down at the wounded Pikachu and grunted. He shook his head sadly, then replied, “Who asked him to go sniffing at me eh? It’s my own business where I want to hide! I’m waiting for that idiot called Ash Ketchum.”

From beneath his hood, realisation dawned upon Ash. Fredrick recognised The Shadow League’s symbol on the trench-coat, but could not see Ash’s face. For a second, Ash considered telling Fredrick that Ash Ketchum wasn’t there, but a better plan began to formulate within his mind.

“It looks like, “ said Ash in a dangerous whisper, “that you have found the man you were looking for.” With that, Ash threw off his hood, and tossed his head elegantly, finally revealing his identity.

Fredrick’s jaw dropped open in alarm, but only for a second. He drew himself up to his full height, and leapt at Ash, yelling incoherently. His arms flailed about in the air, and an evil grin formed on his face, for he believed that he had finally got Ash.

Ash side-stepped at the last second, and Fredrick landed face first into the pavement. Ash walked up to Fredrick and placed his foot on Fredrick’s back applying a small amount of tension. A small whimper escaped from Fredrick’s mouth, and Ash leant close to the man.

“Never, ever do that again.”

Now Big Guy? asked Pikachu, who was still lying on the ground, pretending to have fainted from the impact of hitting the wall of a house.

Now.

Pikachu let loose a battle cry, and a bolt of electricity shot down from the seemingly cloudless sky. The bolt surged forward, straight at Fredrick and Ash. Ash back-flipped just before the bolt made contact, and when it did, Fredrick was electrified to death almost instantly.

Ash looked up, and saw a single star shoot across the black sky

It’s time.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Thefireyoukaipaige Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Thefireyoukaipaige Send a message via AIM to Thefireyoukaipaige Send a message via MSN to Thefireyoukaipaige Send a message via Yahoo to Thefireyoukaipaige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector
PROLOGUE

The sun had barely set in Vermillion. An air of evil rested upon the city of light, and no longer did its inhabitants have the protection of their beloved Lieutenant Surge, for the war veteran had been murdered.

As unlikely as this sounds, it’s true. Surge had tried to protect Vermillion from the atrocious Apocalypse, and his Shadow League of traitors. Unfortunately, he was the only person of Vermillion that could fight back, and The Shadow League’s strength in number overcame poor Surge. He, and his Raichu, did, however, strike The Shadow League with such force that one eighth of their forces died in the assault to kill Surge, and take rule over Vermillion.

In both of these aspects, they had succeeded. The inhabitants of Vermillion had given up after Surge had been assassinated, but had signed a treaty with The Shadow League that said that they would not work, or fight in any way along side them.

Ash Ketchum himself had been there when the treaty was signed, but at the moment, he had more pressing matters. For instance, the reason that they had come to Vermillion. This was the only city in Kanto that The Shadow League had taken over, apart from Saffron (which was now under their control, people and all) and Viridian (which they had completely burnt down, when the inhabitants had fought back).

Ash sat in a shiny black limousine, with darkened windows up, and curtains drawn from within. He needed all off his energy to be conserved if he had to carry out their operation, so he was lying down, flat across two chairs, one hand was constantly ruffling his black hair , and the other stroking his ever-faithful Pikachu. The world was flashing before his eyes, as he slipped into a calming, and restful state of consciousness.

“Sir,” called his driver from the front seat. “We are almost at your destination, do you wish to get out and walk, for this is a pedestrian only street, or shall I drive down anyway?”

Ash slowly raised himself from his sleeping position, and rubbed his eyes before answering in a tone, which had deepened with age, “I’ll get out, Roberto. Let’s not flout these people’s laws just yet. We only signed the treaty two days ago, and I don’t want another battle soon, not when we have more important things to deal with. Besides, I need to stretch my legs a bit.”

Roberto replied, but Ash didn’t hear him, because he was gathering up a long brown trench-coat with The Shadow League’s symbol of a black sword stitched on at the front. He slipped it over his shoulders, jerked the hood on, and scrambled out of the car, Pikachu at his heel’s the whole time.

As Roberto drove off into the night, Ash stuffed his hands into the trench-coat’s pockets, bowed his head, and walked forward. Pikachu, who had not had much exercise for the past couple of days, bounced along happily in front, his pointed ears flopping about in rhythm. Ash couldn’t help but grin at his little friend’s obliviousness to the trouble that Vermillion faced. It was exactly how Ash wanted it.

If Pikachu knew what was going on, it was likely to forget the happiness of life, and brood over difficulties that the world faced. If this happened, Pikachu would no longer want to fight, and Ash would be sunk. He relied on his Pokčmon alone for his plan to carried out.

As he looked around, Ash felt rather sad. Vermillion was truly a beautiful city, and he hated himself for what he was going to do, but it was necessary for the survival of The Shadow League. The houses were no taller than two floors, and it gave a picture perfect sight of the moon. All the houses was painted to perfection, and each one was different from the next.

Sighing, Ash walked on, and pushed the thought out of his mind. Pikachu would surely sense his sadness, and respond respectively. As Ash turned the corner of the street, Pikachu called out a warning through Ash’s mind

Careful Big Guy. Someone’s here, I just know it. There’s that aura of humanness. Give me a second, and I’ll find out where.

Right, replied Ash. Take all the time you need.

Within seconds of this minute conversation, Pikachu let out a yell of surprise, and was tossed backwards from the corner that it was looking at. The poor little mouse was flung like a doll against the wall of an opposite building. A cut appeared near his face. Anger welled up inside Ash, but he decided to think for a bit. He finally got it. He realised why he had not seen the person: the person had been hiding in the shadows.

Finally, the stranger emerged from his hiding. He was older than Ash, because his hair was slightly grey in parts, and brown in others. His eyes were black, and they bore into Ash so much that he shivered. The stranger was wearing a white shirt that was slightly blood-stained, and a pair of brown pants. His shoes were shiny black, and reflected the moon’s light

“Who are you? And why, for heaven’s sake did you toss my Pikachu onto the ground?” Ash asked menacingly. He expected this man to cringe at the tone in his voice like everyone else did, but the stranger merely glared back

“To answer your questions, “ he spoke with an air of power, “My name is Fredrick, I was Surge’s right-hand-man before you bastards assassinated him. He didn’t deserve what he got.”

Fredrick threw the last words at Ash with such force that Ash stepped backwards as if he had been slapped. He then gathered himself up, and snarled, “You still haven’t answered my second question. I want an answer.”

Fredrick looked down at the wounded Pikachu and grunted. He shook his head sadly, then replied, “Who asked him to go sniffing at me eh? It’s my own business where I want to hide! I’m waiting for that idiot called Ash Ketchum.”

From beneath his hood, realisation dawned upon Ash. Fredrick recognised The Shadow League’s symbol on the trench-coat, but could not see Ash’s face. For a second, Ash considered telling Fredrick that Ash Ketchum wasn’t there, but a better plan began to formulate within his mind.

“It looks like, “ said Ash in a dangerous whisper, “that you have found the man you were looking for.” With that, Ash threw off his hood, and tossed his head elegantly, finally revealing his identity.

Fredrick’s jaw dropped open in alarm, but only for a second. He drew himself up to his full height, and leapt at Ash, yelling incoherently. His arms flailed about in the air, and an evil grin formed on his face, for he believed that he had finally got Ash.

Ash side-stepped at the last second, and Fredrick landed face first into the pavement. Ash walked up to Fredrick and placed his foot on Fredrick’s back applying a small amount of tension. A small whimper escaped from Fredrick’s mouth, and Ash leant close to the man.

“Never, ever do that again.”

Now Big Guy? asked Pikachu, who was still lying on the ground, pretending to have fainted from the impact of hitting the wall of a house.

Now.

Pikachu let loose a battle cry, and a bolt of electricity shot down from the seemingly cloudless sky. The bolt surged forward, straight at Fredrick and Ash. Ash back-flipped just before the bolt made contact, and when it did, Fredrick was electrified to death almost instantly.

Ash looked up, and saw a single star shoot across the black sky

It’s time.
wow ..
your a good story writer
what happens next?!

Bastion!
hatched @ 34
Marshtomp @ 67
Swampert @ 127
Lv100 @ 319

If little bluebirds fly beyond the Rainbow ...
Then why oh why can't I?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:38 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Wow, I'm impressed ^_^

Great idea, you're an awesome writer.

I can't understand what would make Ash join the forces of darkness, but I'm sure it will be revealed later on. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Oh, yeah. I'll reveal everything later on. Just read on. In actuality, I'm planning on making a trilogy, but I'll cross the bridge when I reach it...

Chapter One
Jake

The raging winds caused my black cloak to billow out behind me as I walked through the destruction. Complete houses had been ripped from their foundation by the killer hurricane. It had caused many people to lose their lives for no reason. It was all his fault. Rumour had it that he had awoken the legend from its hibernation, and wishes for the legend to obey his every command.

How completely mad can a person get?

A leaf, flew right into my face, and I brushed it away with my hand. How could this happen to Fuchsia? My home was destroyed, along with many loved ones. It was only because of Master Koga that Fuchsia’s inhabitants were not completely wiped out. He had build a massive underground city just incase something like this would happen.

Even so, lots of people’s valuable property was taken away by the storm’s long fingers of destruction. I reached the rock that signalled the entrance to the underground city, and placed my hand upon it. A small green sphere of light shot out of the top, and turned to face me.

I looked straight up at it, and said in my clearest of voices, “It is I, Jake Saviour of Fuchsia City. Apprentice of Master Koga, and recognised martial artist.”

The sphere hovered in front of me for a second before it zipped back down into the large rock. A small portion of the rock slipped away, and I ducked into a small cave within. The rock closed shut behind me with a resounding bang, and as it did, another door opened at the other end of the cave.

I slipped out of the tiny cave, and into a large room, better known as the entrance chamber by the people who lived here. There were two dim red lights at either edge of the chamber giving it an eerie feeling. Before I could take another step, a deep voice came from my left.

“How was it?”

I recognised that voice, and turned to face its owner. He was a large, and bulky man, with muscles rippling out from all over. His hair was brown in colour, but was spiked up, and the tips were a blondish colour. His eyes, as concerning as ever, were blue in colour, and gazed at me intensely.

“Bad,” I replied. “Really bad. Trust me Chester, you don’t want to go out there. Everything’s a mess, and it made me cry…”

Without any warning, I collapsed to the floor, shivering uncontrollably. Everything rushed to me all at once, and tears formed in my eyes. Chester put a comforting arm on my shoulder, and whispered soothing comments, many which I didn’t hear due to my chattering teeth.

I had only managed to stop, when Master Koga entered, his sister Aya trailing behind him. He was wearing his usual purple martial artist attire. His cape swished back and forth every time he moved. His hair was a dark brown as were his eyes, and he always held himself with a straight back.

Aya was rather different from her brother, but that was only in personality. She almost looked like a female version of Master Koga. Her hair was the same colour, but longer, and her eyes were the same too. She was slightly shorter, and had a dagger placed on her leather belt. When she saw me looking at her, she flashed a smile, and winked. I nodded in return, before standing up (despite my knocking knees) and bowed down before my master.

After I rose, he placed his hand on my shoulder, much like Chester had, and muttered softly, “Go take a rest, you deserve it. What you have just seen is enough to make a grown man break down, and you have shown bravery beyond recognition.”

I bowed again, muttering my thanks. I rose, and met Koga’s eyes, and something flashed through my mind. “Master, may I ask you a question?”

“Ask way, my boy. Ask away,” he said wearily.

“I’m supposed to leave for Vermillion later today, and—”

He shook his head, and I was sure he winked at Chester. He then spoke, “While you were outside, I was gathering a little strike force to accompany you to Vermillion. No one can reach there alone, if the rumours about the legend are true.”

A warm tingling feeling filled me up at the thought that I would have a small number of people with me, but I still felt that it was suicide to go to Vermillion. “I am eternally grateful, Master. May I ask who is going to accompany me to Vermillion?”

“We are all in this room, apart from one. You see, Chester, Aya and myself agreed to go with you, leaving Erika in charge of the people here, seeing as Celadon is now a ghost town. Erika, however, wishes to send one of her apprentices as a representative of her. Rory? Would you please come out?”

The door opened, and a young girl stepped into the room. She was no doubt no older than fifteen, an arrogantly young age for this mission. Her hair was a light brown, streaked with blond colouring, and her hazel eyes flashed in the dim light. She was wearing a pair of black jeans, and a canary yellow strap top. She had three pokč-balls at her belt, and the buckle of that belt was the image of a red lotus: the image of Erika’s Gym.

“Nice to meet you, sir,” she greeted in a soft voice.

I grinned, and said, “It’s a pleasure, Rory. And, by the way, if we’re going to be team-mates on this suicide of a mission, then I recommend that you call me by my first name, Jake.” I grabbed her hand and shook it briefly. She nodded, and turned to face Koga as he spoke up again.

“Now that pleasantries have been exchanged, We need to go prepare, while you –” he pointed at me. “– should go and rest, I’ll wake you up later on. Chester can gather up your pack, and Aya could get your food supplies ready.”

I felt bad about making them do my dirty work, but I nodded nevertheless. They all left in single file through the chamber door, and I was the last one in there. Once they were all gone, I put my hand within my many-layered cloak, and pulled out a sword.

It was a truly magnificent sword. Its blade was emerald green in colour, and had a black silhouette of a dragon winding its way until the tip. Its hilt was richly jewelled, in stones of all shades of green imaginable, yet they matched perfectly with the blade.

Don’t worry Isq’fal, I’ll use you, and when I do, I’ll bring home Ash Ketchum’s head, separated from his body. I thought as I looked at my sword.

And even though I was in the centre of the room, and no light fell upon Isq’fal, I was sure that the sword twinkled back at me.

The Chapter Isn't finished. But the post is too long.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter One Continued

The five of us set off in the evening, our head bowed against the raging winds. All of us now wore black travelling cloaks, all with the symbol of three people (one old man, one child, and a middle-aged man) holding hands as a symbol of unity embroidered onto the front.

I would have been an easy trip, even if the wind was there, but The Shadow League had placed Pokčmon sentries to guard all exits from Fuchsia. As we walked down to the docks, two of those sentries attacked us, and it wasn’t petty for them.

From either side of us, the ground began to tremble. Rory’s hand found mine, and clutched it tightly, and even Master Koga had trouble staying up. Two large, and purple serpentine creatures launched themselves out from two points on the ground. I had to bend low over Rory, to protect her from the pieces of flying shrapnel of rock.

I looked at the creatures, and swore. That marking on their chest, and those fangs were truly haunting. Arbok. Both of them turned to face us, and Chester let out a command.

“I’ll take them on, you guys head down to the docks. I’ll catch up later,” he roared, cracking his knuckles.

“Count me in,” said Aya, drawing her dagger. “Go one Jake, it’s because we have to protect you we are coming. Don’t you think that it would be a poor repayment to us to get yourself killed even before we leave Fuchsia?”

I nodded, grabbed Rory, and dashed down towards the docks, closely followed by Master Koga. One of the Arbok opened its mouth and sent a barrage of poisonous stings straight at Rory and myself.

“Forward flip when I say now, okay?” I muttered to Rory as the stings advanced. I couldn’t hear her response, but I saw her nod, and I got ready. “NOW!”

The two of us crouched, and launched ourselves into the air simultaneously, our hands still connected. Twisting in the air sinuously, we landed, feline-like on the ground, and the stings that were aimed at us struck the ground were we had been, scorching the grass. I turned to see Chester chuck a rock at the Arbok that had attacked me, and the large snake turned to face him instead. It bent low, and charged forward, no doubt trying to head butt Chester. Chester flung his clenched fist at the Arbok’s head, and there was a sickening crunch as the Arbok flew backward, pooling black blood onto the grass from a wound on its head.

The second Arbok was busy duelling with Aya. It swung its tail at her, but she managed to leap over the tail, and strike with her dagger. It pierced through the Arbok’s neck, and the large Pokčmon fell to the ground, dead in an instant. Aya drew her dagger from the Arbok’s neck, wiped it on her cloak, and followed Chester to Rory Koga and myself.

“We might have gotten past their Arbok,” yelled Koga over the sound of the wind, “but I’m sure that we must have set off an alarm, and they’ll be sending in reinforcements any minute. The faster we get to the docks, the faster we’ll be safe.”

“Who’s going to pilot us to Vermillion? None of us knows how to drive a boat, or submarine,” asked Rory, as she ran beside me.

“Three of the Waterflower sisters have agreed to take us in their submarine, but we’d better hurry, or else they might get I trouble for smuggling an illegal sub past The Shadow League’s inspections,” I replied, as I turned left, and the docks came into view. “And there they are, as punctual as always.”

Rocking about violently in the torrent waves was a small ten-man submarine, grey in colour and perfectly matching with the storm waters. It had the word Waterflower painted on the side, and three young woman stood in front of it, tapping their feet in impatience.

The first one (Lily), and youngest, had bright pink hair, tied in two cute bangs making her look very much like Rory. Her eyes were not visible from this distance, but I noticed a large dark blue raincoat draped around her shoulders with a symbol of a sailor’s hat imprinted on the left breast pocket. The raincoat was a tad too large for her, though.

The second one was called Violet, and she had hair corresponding to her name. Her hair was shoulder length, and unlike her younger sister, was let loose. She too wore a blue raincoat, and it fit to perfection. She was no doubt the first to notice us, because she waved at our little group.

The last, and eldest was known as Daisy. Her hair was a very bright shade of blonde, and hung way below her shoulders, and all the way until half-way down her back. She had a raincoat of larger size, and instead of being blue it was red. An odd colour for a renowned sailor, but she looked smashing in it.

When we reached them, Daisy pounced on us like a hungry cat.

“DO YOU REALISE THAT YOU ARE LIKE HALF AN HOUR LATE? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO COME AT FOUR-THIRTY, BUT IT’S LIKE FIVE!”

Lily shook her head, and patted Daisy on the shoulder, “Like, chill Daisy. If you yell like that, you could, like, set off a Shadow League alarm.”

Koga nodded respectively at Daisy, “I apologise for our lateness. We were waylaid by two Arbok who no doubt worked for The Shadow League. Also, we did not take in for count the wind when we left, and therefore were late.”

Daisy looked taken aback by being spoken to in such a formal fashion, that she just stood there for a minute, speechless. But when she spoke, her voice was steady, “Alright, but next time, like, make sure you leave early, just in case of emergencies.”

The eight of us entered the submarine with our heads held high. We were about the change history, and oppose The Shadow League openly, something which no sane man had ever attempted in all history. We would become heroes, whether we lived or died, and all Pokčmon and humans alike would remember us for our brave, but suicidal, deeds. And this was only the beginning…

Old 12-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

It just gets better. I really can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I noticed a few minor errors here and there, but overall it was very well written. I like how you incorporated many of the people from the past (Koga, Erika, Waterflower sisters). Hoping that Misty will make an appearance, lol. Anyway, good luck with the next chapter!
Old 12-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Misty? Dammit! I knew that I'd forgotten one character. Brock comes in later, and even Lance...but Misty...I'll just find a slot for her. I was originally planning on having her in the second book of my trilogy, but myabe I can see some use of her now...Anyway...back with the story.

Chapter Two
Jake

The gentle rumbling of the submarine’s propellers was somewhat soothing, and it soon lulled Chester to sleep. The rest of us had our own reason for not sleeping. Rory was shivering with fear, when she just realised how close to death she had come. Koga, was just being himself; I doubt he ever fell asleep. Aya was too busy talking to Rory, and calming the poor teenager. The Waterflowers were driving the submarine, and me, I was just too excited to sleep.

“It’s just so scary,” squeaked Rory, “to think that if Jake hadn’t told me to flip, I would be dead right now. I can’t believe what just happened.”

Aya patted Rory’s shoulder, and replied soothingly, “Don’t worry Rory, it’s nothing to worry about. It’s natural for anyone to be scared after their first close-up encounter with death.”

Koga snorted. “Honestly Aya, if I were to have cried like a baby after my first encounter with death my master would have just disposed of me. If you’re going to be scared, Rory, you shouldn’t have come.”

Rory looked on the brink of tears after hearing Koga’s little talk, and she buried her head in her hands. Aya stroked Rory gently, staring coldly at Koga. She opened her mouth angrily, and I decided to break up the argument before it began.

“Master, times have changed, and besides you were your masters favourite pupil, and he wouldn’t have killed you. Aya, please, there is no need to start an argument,” I said, looking at both of them respectively. I then got up, and crouched next to Rory. “And I’d like to talk to you privately.”

She let out an involuntary whimper, but I beckoned her soothingly until we reached Chester and my small compartment. Chester was sleeping back in the main cabin, so the room was empty. I opened the door, lead Rory in, closed the door, and sat down with her on the bed.

“Let me tell you a little story, alright?” I said, putting my arm around her shoulder. She nodded, still unable to talk. I began. “When I was first sent out on a little retrieval mission by my master, before I joined The Shadow League, I was scared, and didn’t want to go. But Koga forced me to, and in the end, I left. I had to get a pokč-ball from inside a cave that was guarded by two Rhydon. I completed that much easily, but as I headed back to Fuchsia, I was ambushed by two Shadow League officials. At that time, they were still called Team Rocket.”

Rory gasped, and I nodded seriously before continuing. “They had apparently heard of my extraordinary way of training my Pokčmon despite my young age. I was dragged off, tied up in various different ways. They pressed a dagger blade against my cheek, and threatened to kill me if I did not tell them what my master was doing to oppose them. Now, Master Koga had taught me not to fear death, but I was still terrified. I gave away some false facts, and they let me go. For one month after that, I refused to talk to anyone.”

Rory’s eyes were so wide, I thought that her eyeballs might pop out, but before I knew what had happened, she wrapped her arms around my waist, and buried her head in my chest, weeping miserably. I sat there shocked for a minute, before I patted her awkwardly. Girls are too weird.

“Oh, Jake, I’m so scared. Koga is so mean, but I fear that he is correct. I’m just too weak to come along. I’ll only be putting everyone else in danger if I come. What was I thinking when I told Erika that I would like to come,” whimpered Rory through many gasps and splutters.

“Master Koga is right in a way, but not the way you believe. By no means are you physically weak, but its your mental fears that stop you from being as strong as the rest of us. No offence of course. What you need to understand is that you are now a hero, and hero’s job is to protect the people for whom he or she believes is right. Now, you can’t do that if you are scared of death. Trust me, death is not the worst thing that can happen to you, or any of us for that matter. So don’t worry about that. You must always look at different angles of Master Koga’s way of speaking before judging him in any manner. Remember, he’s a trained ninja, and known a lot, so pay attention to him, an you’ll go far.”

She nodded, and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. “Thanks a lot Jake, I mean it.”

With that, she left the compartment, ad as soon as she had left, I flopped myself down on my bed. Why am I always the one who has to sort out other people’s arguments and problems when I have the most to worry about?

A week wore on, and all eight of us soon became tired of the limited conversational subjects upon the submarine. It was this fact that contributed to all of us being unnaturally silent. There was an invisible fight going on between Rory and Master Koga, who both still hated each other. No matter how much I tried to talk both of them out of it, they would not listen. I even ventured to call Master Koga childish, and he didn’t talk to me for the remainder of the day.

As odd as it may sound Master Koga had been the only person who I had talked to animatedly on that submarine. I always managed to strike up a conversation with him in a way that I did not manage with the others. Even Chester, who was my best mate, hardly talked with me on the submarine.

On the morning of the eighth day, we were met by a surprise. We were sitting around a round able in the main cabin. Aya was still rubbing sleep from her eyes. Chester was stony silent, and gazed at the small porthole. Rory had her arms crossed, and was looking firmly down at her lap, as if determined not to look at Master Koga. Master Koga himself was gazing into a cup of coffee, lost in his own thoughts. Lily, who had just got a break from piloting the submarine, was yawning wildly, because she had not slept the previous night. And I was munching on a piece of stale bread.

That was when it happened, a resounding thump at the bottom of the submarine.

A blue figure darted across the porthole from outside, and I noticed it immediately. Those malevolent purple eyes glared at me through the thick glass. I shuddered, and looked away. Koga, however saw right through me, and took one glance at the porthole, before yelling out loud.

“Gyrados, two of them. Daisy, surface and I’ll take them on—” He froze when he saw my face. “Never mind, Jake will take them.” He then nodded at me, and I got ready to go up to the opening.

The submarine rose at a painfully slow pace, and the Gyrados hit the submarine three more times before we reached the surface. I flung open the porthole, and leapt out onto the top of the submarine. The second I came out into the open, the Gyrados raised their heads above the water, and prepared for a double assault.

My hand reached for my pokč-belt, and I grabbed a dark blue pokč-ball. It had a lighter blue raindrop in it, and a black rim around the centre. I pressed the middle button, and it changed from capsule sized to the size of an orange. I flung it into the air, yelling, “Go Wave-rider!” as I did so. It snapped open in mid-air, and a flash of white light was ejected from within. The light swirled about, before taking the shape of my Lapras, Wave-rider.

She arched her long neck to get a better view of the Gyrados, and then turned to me, and let out a slow, and mournful cry.

“Wave-rider, Take the first one down with an Ice-beam. Make sure that you wear it down a little first. Understood?” I commanded, and she nodded.

Both of the Gyrados charged at her, and she powered her flippers, and jetted forward in a flash of blue. The Gyrados smashed into each other. One of them, although slightly dazed let loose a jet of powerful water straight at Wave-rider. Without my commanding, she curled up in a ball behind her grey shell, and began to glow in green. She was using Protect! The water bounced harmlessly off, and when Wave-rider uncurled, she was ready.

Wave-rider opened her beak-like mouth, and a white ball of freezing cold substance formed within. She then drew back her blue neck, and roared loudly as the wintry white beam flew towards the Gyrados that had attacked her. When it struck, it was as if the whole world was filled with a pallid colour. When it cleared, there was one less Gyrados in the ocean, and one more iceberg.

The second Gyrados saw this happen to its companion, and it roared in fury, before striking Wave-rider hard on the head continuously. It was in a Dragon Rage, and nothing that got in its way would live. I swore loudly, and quickly called out a couple of commands to Wave-rider, who dived down beneath the water’s surface.

The Gyrados noticed this, and plunged its own body into the water in search of Wave-rider, but she was ready for him. As the Gyrados was about to hit Wave-rider, she jetted upward, her horn spinning at an incredible rate. Before the Gyrados could react, Wave-rider’s horn pierced right through Gyrados’s weak spot. Right in between the eyes. A cloud of dark-blue blood rose to the surface, and Wave-rider emerged, also covered in dark-blue blood.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter Two Continued

“That was one hell of a battle. The Shadow League won’t be sending any Pokčmon after us again now that you completely destroyed those Gyrados!” exclaimed Rory to me as we all sat down in the main cabin.

It was now Violet’s turn off duty, so she was wolfing down an egg after being awake all night and part of the morning, piloting the submarine. Her hair was badly ruffled, and there were dark lines under her eyes as a sign of lack of sleep. Aya was reading her book entitled A day in the life of a Pokčmon trainer by Ernest Ghetto. Chester had gone back to being stony silent, but this time he was staring down at his feet. This troubled me, and no matter how I tried to push it out of my mind it didn‘t work. Master Koga was wiping his katana with some sort of polish that removed scratches. Rory was staring up at me with awe and apprehension in her eyes. And me, I was talking with Rory, although my mind was still on Chester, and my speech was devoid of life.

“Listen, Rory, I have a little work to do in my cabin. Do you mind if I go? I’ll come back later and talk,” I explained to her, and got up before she could even react.

I walked down the steel corridor to my cabin, entered, swung the door shut behind me, and flopped down on my bed, my mind swirling with a rush of emotions and thoughts. I looked up at the ceiling, and slipped my hand underneath the bed, and pulled out Isq’fal.

For some odd reason, I always felt that Isq’fal was incomplete. Even though it was more magnificent than any other sword that I had set eyes on, I still felt that there was more to it than met the eye, and I was determined to find out what.

For what seemed like hours I lay on my bed, thinking about all the troubles of life, and I would have probably stayed there the whole night as well if Daisy hadn’t come to call me out.

“Come one, Jake. Everyone’s waiting for you, and we all want to ask you a question. Do hurry up,” she said, grabbing me by my arm, and dragging me to the main cabin despite my protests.

Once in the main cabin, I was hailed by everyone, and I sat down on a bench staring outside, until Master Koga began to talk.

“Chester had the great idea that we camp on land tonight. Frankly, I agree one hundred percent. For no other reason except I haven’t smelt fresh air in a long time, and I’m quite missing it. Since everyone else apart from you, Jake, have agreed to this, we only felt it correct to ask you whether or not this is a good idea. So, spare us any force, and tell us if you like the idea.”

I stood shocked, and appalled at the same time. Not because I thought the idea was bad. Infact, I quite liked the idea, but it was because Chester had talked to Master Koga, and not to me, his best mate. I felt thoroughly betrayed. I looked in his direction, but he looked away, and I turned back to Master Koga, nodding.

“That’s settled then. Infact, we’ll go right now,” Master Koga cupped his hands to his mouth, and then yelled to Violet and Lily. “Let’s surface. Jake has agreed to camp out on land tonight.”

With that, the submarine began to rise, and slowly, everyone filed out one by one to gather their possessions, and I was the last one inside, apart from Chester. I walked up to him, but just as I was about to open my mouth he held up his hand to stop me.

“I know that you feel as if I don’t like you any more, but I do. I know that I should have told you this before, but Koga told me not to talk to you, because he was afraid that you might get distracted from your mission,” he said softly, still not looking at me.

“Why, though? He knows that it’s because of my friends that I fight. If I didn’t have my friends, I would be as lowly as an average trainer,” I replied, sinking to the ground.

Chester merely shrugged, and stomped off to get his pack. I too headed to our cabin, but neither of us talked much. Not as we all assembled in the main cabin. Not as we all docked the submarine. Not as we stepped out. And not as we set up camp.

Soon, everyone was fast asleep in the canvas tents, but I couldn’t get to sleep. I was sitting just outside Master Koga and my tent, gazing into the dieing embers of the camp fire. The oranges and yellows danced before my eyes as my mind screamed for sleep, but my soul would not allow it. I was caught in between a battle between my mind and soul.

I plucked a pokč-ball from my pokč-belt, and looked at it longingly. It was custom made for the Pokčmon that was within it, as were all my other pokč-balls. It was completely black in colour, except for a white moon painted in the centre. I pressed the centre button, and it enlarged, before I tossed it in the air. It snapped open, and the campsite was flooded in ashen colour.

The light swirled about, and slowly took the shape of my Umbreon, Night-crawler. He looked up at me with those dazzling eyes, and immediately sensed my troubles. That’s what I always liked about Night-crawler. He leant his black face on my knee, and the yellow rings on his body began to glow as they took in the moonlight.

“Just being with you makes me feel so much better, Night-crawler,” I muttered as I stroked his forehead gently. “I wish I could do this every second of my life. Most people believe my life to be devoid of any problems, but little do they know that my life is the hardest one to live.”

Night-crawler whined in ecstasy as I scratched his forehead, and I felt all my life’s troubles disappear, like fleeing birds from a hungry cat’s den…

Old 12-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Listen, people. Chapter Three will take some time to post, so be patient. You see, I began typing this story almost a year ago, and saved the copy somewhere on my hard disk. Then, a cple of weeks ago, I retyped the first two Chapters, because I was going to post it up here, but I couldn't find the rest of the story, so I'll have to redo Chapter Three onwards from memory.

I'll just say that Chapter Three is different from the other Chapter's so far, bacause it is written from the point of Ash ketchum's poit of view so...

DS

Old 12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Expecto Patronum!

Haha, yeah, you can't forget Misty! No, it's your story, you can write it however you want, lol. Anyway, nice chapter. I especially like the last line, like poetry ^^

For a good guy, Koga seems a tad on the evil side. ^^;

Can I ask around about how old Jake is? Sorry if it's written somewhere, I guess I must have missed it.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be awaiting the next chapter, whenever you have it ready by. You can't rush a good author! ^_^
Old 12-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Don't worry. I won't change the whole story just t fit Misty in. Nah, I'll just exchange another character for her. You know...someone who doesn't have all that big a role in the story, but says a couple of stuff and...yeah. But as I said earlier, she is a major character in the second book of the trilogy, so you'll have to wait and see...

On to the subject of Koga. I know that he does seem a bit evil, but then again, all writters need a bit of variety. It gets quite boring if all the, excuse the clichè, good guys are completely good. I need someone who can create tension between two characters when there are no bad guys around.

And finally onto Jake. In Chapter One, it syas thta jake's thinks that fifteen is a ridiculuously young age for Rory to go along, but in reality, Jake is only sixteen. You know, want a bit of romance to blossom, but in a very indiscreet way so...

But now it's my turn to ask a question. IU've heard some people say that Aya is Koga's sister (whcih is what she is in the fanfiction), and i've heard others say that she is Koga's daughter. Does anyone know who she really is?

DS

Last edited by Deathspector; 12-08-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter Three
ASH

Eleven days had passed since the summoning of the legend, and I was drained of energy. Just placing a no-escape-barrier around it was enough to make me go faint with dizziness, but I was now expected to have the legend completely under my control. I had used up most of my faithful Pokčmon’s energy, yet the legend had proved by far the toughest hurdle in our plan.

Infact, Pikachu was the only Pokčmon of mine that was still able to supply me with energy, for all my other had long ago fallen into a coma.

By raising the legend from hiding, I was hoping to be able to capture it, and have it under my power, obeying my every command. You see, unlike any normal person, I have a certain object which can capture the legend. All that I need is for the legend to by undefended, and for that, I needed to control it.

So, I was at the moment sitting in a large black and red tent, curtained off from all onlookers, even Shadow League personnel. Pikachu was lying down next to me, panting slightly from over-exertion. Two small electrical wires were connected to Pikachu’s cheek pads, and were feeding Pikachu with electricity which it would then convert into energy, and give it to me.

Just as I thought I could take some rest, someone called from outside.

“Excuse me for bothering you, sir, but would you mind if I come in? I have some very important information that could help you control the legend. I would most gladly share this information wi –”

“Yes, very well,” I yelled back, and slowly brought myself into a more civilized position by the time the person entered.

He was no doubt an extremely old man, because his hair was completely white. On his head, eyebrows, moustache and beard. He looked quite stereotypical in my opinion, what with that long beard, and the flowing purple set of robes. As odd as I may seem, I actually knew this person. He was the local magician, or rather druid, for he didn’t really know any magic, but he was very knowledgeable about the forces of life.

“What is it that you want to tell me. Hurry up, I haven’t got all day, you know.”

He bowed down before me, and only when he rose, he began to speak. “I have heard of your troubles in controlling the legend, and think that I can help you. I understand that you are harvesting energy, or aura, from your Pokčmon, but allow me to say that that is wrong.” He waited to see my reaction, but I kept a straight face. “Pokčmon are not the most efficient aura producers that lives on earth. For a known fact, it is trees and other plants that are able to provide you with the most amount of aura. From what I have understood, a fifty-year-old oak tree should have enough power to restrain the legend.”

I looked at the druid with some interest, “Are you saying, that all I have to do is summon the energy from a tree, and I should have enough power to control the beast?”

He nodded. I was amazed. I certainly hadn’t expected anything as simple as a tree, or a plant to be able to hold enough energy to capture the legend. It was really odd how things always seem to turn out very differently from what you expected.

“I have taken the time off to find an appropriate tree for you. There is one, just a couple of blocks away from here. It’s about fifty-years-old, and has enough energy to contain the beast. Shall we go now?” asked the druid, flinging open the tent’s opening.

I nodded, too excited to talk. I picked up my Pikachu from his resting place. Don’t worry, my friend. Once I find the tree, everything will be just fine.

The druid and I walked out of the tent, and into the sunlight. The brightness dazzled me, for I had not managed to get any exposure to any sunlight for days. I had been resting in my tent, to conserve as much energy as possible.

I took one step, and I felt my knees knocking. The lack of strength to move on was overwhelming. The druid grabbed my arm, and it was only thanks to his guidance that I made it to the tree. True to his word, it looked pretty old, and, it was definitely an oak.

“What now?” I asked.

“Just summon the energy from it as you’ve been doing to your Pokčmon, and you should be okay. Just let me tell you that the amount of power that you will feel flowing into you body will surprise you.”

I focussed upon the oak tree in front of me. I saw every small line, noticed every tiny branch, and identified every leaf. I let myself become one with the tree. I had expected to feel a slight trickle of power drain from it and into me, because that’s what happened when I used my Pokčmon, but far from being a trickle, it was more like a flood. I felt as if I was ten years younger, back when I had begun my journey, and was full of energy.

Without waiting to cherish the feeling of having a full reservoir of energy with me, I began to feed my energy into the legend. Even though the legend was at the other side of the city, near the ocean, I no longer needed to see it. I had seen enough of it, and I could now transport my energy into it without looking at it.

All of a sudden, I felt that I didn’t need to send any more energy to the beast. Anything I sent just bounced back. That could only mean one thing…

Old 10-28-2006, 04:13 AM
spawnminion Offline

wow I can't wait for more when are you going to finsh it i can't wait, you should make anncount on www.fanfiction.net, it amazign site full of funfics

PokeMAN TaMeR
really don't mess with me Ill fry you with some fire, kinda like a marshmellow on a stick

Last edited by spawnminion; 10-28-2006 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Woah...mate.....Have you any idea how old this thing is? I gave up on it ages ago...lol. Look at the fic in my signature if you're looking for something to read. Also, DO NOT revive old threads; it's against the rules. And alittle suggestion: don't use so many smilies....than you.

MODS!

DS

Closed Thread