Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 09-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCash
I just noticed the FanFic of the Month awards and that reminded me of something. The month awards dont seem to be doing so well and back in March, I believe, when we had the 2nd FanFic Awards we decided since fan fictions come and end so quickly to have awards every sixth months and if my memory serves me correctly, ten days from today would be the six month period.

So I'm just wondering a head in time, since we would have to ask JIG and probably PE2K (unless Mario comes on...), what everyone thought about it. And do we even do it cause the monthly awards only had a few votes and they were mostly like all voted between two or three fics only. What does everyone think? Do we still do it, keep the monthly awards, or is it a disaster either way?
Yeah... it's been a while since anyone voted. But HKim asked me to put up the thread to get more people active around here.

To be honest, I thought that it wasn't that good of an idea.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:58 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
AAOAL- author Skottie
yes, i've started reading a fic. woohoo. so i started here and i've read ch1 - 10 so far.

chapter 2 really surprised me. i didn't expect that. heh. shows a lot about Kevin's character. pertaining to storyline, in my opinion it goes by too fast. but that's just me. good characters, nice battles--though, the capture battles seem short to me. still, that's just me.

but something stood out. in the first chapter, i think, Kevin states he hates being called the 'Son of the Dragon Trainer'. yet, when people address him as that in later chapters, he doesn't seem to mind. i just thought it was odd.

oh, and dived should be dove.

i look forward to reading more when i find the time.

~Jack~
Hey, its nice to get an honest review like this. But I'd just like to say a few things. Umm yeh, you may or may not be aware that when I started writing this was when i was 13 or 14 so the beginning chapters reflect that in the battle length etc. I admit my story is very cliche and doesn't really break any molds. I personally don't think my story is very good until about chapter 20 onwards? I forget. but yeh you'll notice it gets better as u read further.

Kevin starts to get used to being called that and starts wearing it as a badge of pride. As the story goes more people learn his name aswell.

Oh and yeh about that dived/dove thing. The USA is the only country who uses "dove" in that sense. Britain, Australia and the rest of the english speaking countries say "dived". Thats just a little language barrier, not a grammar/spelling mistake. Also we spell things with u's more often then the US. Example, you say "color" we say "colour". We say "Mum" you say "Mom". Weird I know but it's the truth.

Thanx for the review! Keep it coming as you read more.

I will be updating AAOAL soon as well as maybe starting on my new fantasy fic. I'm on holidays now!
Old 09-17-2004, 05:45 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

I hope to get chapter 5 of OSS up tommorow or Saturday. Meow!
Old 09-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Skottie
Hey, its nice to get an honest review like this. But I'd just like to say a few things. Umm yeh, you may or may not be aware that when I started writing this was when i was 13 or 14 so the beginning chapters reflect that in the battle length etc. I admit my story is very cliche and doesn't really break any molds. I personally don't think my story is very good until about chapter 20 onwards? I forget. but yeh you'll notice it gets better as u read further.

Kevin starts to get used to being called that and starts wearing it as a badge of pride. As the story goes more people learn his name aswell.

Oh and yeh about that dived/dove thing. The USA is the only country who uses "dove" in that sense. Britain, Australia and the rest of the english speaking countries say "dived". Thats just a little language barrier, not a grammar/spelling mistake. Also we spell things with u's more often then the US. Example, you say "color" we say "colour". We say "Mum" you say "Mom". Weird I know but it's the truth.

Thanx for the review! Keep it coming as you read more.
if you don't think it's that good in the beginning, you can always go back and change some of it. a story is not set in stone until you finish the whole thing. that's the pleasure of writing, edit wherever and whenever you want. i started my fic about 4 yrs ago and didn't know much about writing. but i recently went back to it and editing the whole thing to be twice as long and much better written. i almost laugh every time i read what i originally had as Episode 1 in my Stoplek Trainer fic.
and i know about colour (awesome spelling) and Mum, etc, but dived.... that's news to me. also very, very different and goes against the regular enlish i've grown with. i hurt myself correcting it in my head every time. lol. but i do understand and it's those little things that stand out and give the story a different personality.

and for anyone else, you might see a random review here by me. i feel like helping these stories get the feedback they much deserve.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 09-17-2004, 06:57 PM
green gyarados Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to green gyarados

I should get the next chapter of TQTSTL up in the next two days.

If I don't, blame my friend, he's sleeping over 'morrow night.

So 'morrow's a must, if not, Sunday but rare chances for Sunday. Sunday is a bad day for moi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Skottie
Example, you say "color" we say "colour". We say "Mum" you say "Mom".
Same with favorite and favourite, center and centre, theater and theatre, somber and sombre (found it in the dictionary at school yesterday), activity and campus etc...

My dad's english and says Mom.

Never heard of dove before, apart from the bird. Yep, new to me that is.

~GG
Old 09-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Dr Skottie Offline

This just proves what a crazy language english is

and yeah I have been meaning to go back and edit/redo the beginning chapters but I never have the time or inspiration.

I want to update more of my story today but I'm not sure if I will be able to. I might be going to see our Australian Idol Guy Sebastian perform today. A picture of him is my avatar. I think he has the best voice in the world, better than any other singer. go to www.click2music.com.au and then click to view his latest video "out with my baby". It's awesome!
Old 09-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

More of Orre Star Shuffle! The battle is underway and the chapter (and episode 1) closes with a song.
HINT: It's from Sonic Heroes

Coming up in episode 2 of OSS...
The gang rescues a Pokemon with a unique and much-needed ability that'll help them in battles as well as the finding the FIRST SHADOW POKEMON!!!
Old 09-18-2004, 04:54 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Great news everyone! The beginning of Chapter 34 has just been posted to AAOAL. It's a bit short but more will come soon.

Last edited by Dr Skottie; 09-19-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Necrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by green gyarados
center and centre
Actually, those have two completly different meanings.
One is the center of something. The other is a place like a meeting centre.

Hope to have last bit of Chapter 2 of Unawakened Evil up later tonight.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:54 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash

I was able to get Chapter 3 of Journey of Wonders up. Make sure you don't skip the first post cause it was to long to put in one post so I had to put it in two. It seemed like a semi-interesting chapter to me and Josh gets his first capture! If I get a review tonight then I'll post a small preview of whats to come over the next few chapters when Josh gets to Skyridge Valley to fight for his first gym badge.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Keep up the good work on Journey of Wonders. I really enjoy reading it.
I hope to start Chapter 3 of Unawakened Evil later today.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:41 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Coming soon to a Thread near you:

"When leaves fall..."

Preveiw:

It was a warm midsummer’s night. The streetlamps in the neighborhood were beginning to illuminate themselves, exposing all in the lights field with a ghostly appearance. Amber gazed out into the world from behind a window in his home. She was over excited. Tomorrow, she would be venturing to Oak’s laboratory where she would be obtaining her very first Pokemon. This moment has been on the top of her mind since she can remember. She was faced with a situation, however. Who would be her partner on her adventure around the region of Kanto? Charmander, the feisty fire-type; Bulbasaur, the gleeful grass-type; or Squirtle, the witty water-type?

As you all guessed, it is a trainer fic, and my first since A Journey of Dreams, which died due to me not writting it anymore... it was actually a moderately popular fic... that was back in PB days. I have decided to make a new fan fic based on the new games FRLG... I am done with Chapter 1 pretty much... But I want to complete at least two more chapters before its release... just so I can have a buffer zone... I plan to update once a week with it. Hope you guys like it The fic should be up by friday next week... if all goes according to plan :P

Last edited by Matthew; 09-19-2004 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Sounds interesting. I look forward to it.

Edit: I had an idea for a new Fan Fic. I'm gonna start it soon, but just wanted to know what you all thought of the idea first.
'It's a Dogs Life'
Max was just like most Poochyenas. He slept most of the time and enjoyed the company of his siblings. Everything was fine until one day.
Members from evil organisations captured most of his brothers and sisters, carting them off in vans. He was really angry when they captured his favourite brother. He had chased the van for a while, but gave up, just screaming, "I'll come back for you!"

Last edited by Necrobat; 09-19-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:16 AM
green gyarados Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to green gyarados

Chapter 5 of the Quest to Save the Lands was up yesterday. Here is a quick review:

Chapter 5

The First Badge for One

Brendan and Terry hear noises so go out to see what it is. Somehow Aqua is forced away with Magma up ahead. One of them challenges Roxanne and the rest to know is to read it...

Do they have a short but winning battle? Long but losing? Short but losing? Or Long but winning? Find out by reading The Quest to Save the Lands!
Old 09-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Dr Skottie Offline

Tomorrow is a big day! On one hand (not related to story writing) it's my bestfriends birthday, she'll be 18; and also Guy Sebastian's next single comes out.

On the other hand (this is about story writing), there will be an update to AAOAL; the battle between Kevin and this as yet unamed woman will be started.

And also, I will be making a start to my fantasy fiction. I'm not sure if it will be posted tomorrow but it will be started on at any rate. At the moment it is tentativly called: "Flames at his Fingertips" and will reveal the story of Kenji, and how his peaceful life is destroyed by invading armies and unknown destinies, as he is thrust head first into the realm of majik and the mysterious Enclave of Dreams...

Look forward to it!