Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 10-19-2004, 03:45 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Hey everyone! It's been awhile. I'll be updating soon, possibly tomorrow, if not today. What do people think of my new look? I created my Avatar and banner in Macromedia Fireworks and Ulead Photoshop. I'm very proud of them. They're like my first "professional attempts"...
Old 10-19-2004, 04:17 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Skottie
Hey everyone! It's been awhile. I'll be updating soon, possibly tomorrow, if not today. What do people think of my new look? I created my Avatar and banner in Macromedia Fireworks and Ulead Photoshop. I'm very proud of them. They're like my first "professional attempts"...
MEOW MEOW MEOW!
(Translation: I love it!)
Old 10-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004

I love the banner and avatar Skottie! I can't wait for you to update, but I also know how hard it can be to find the time to write. Which reminds me, I have a messege for anybody who still cares about my fic: I haven't abandoned it! I just have a lot of work right now, and I am working on other fics and RPs too. I'll definitely be posting during the half-term holiday.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 10-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

If I'm lucky, expect an update to HMWII today.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:31 AM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

Nice avatar and banner Dr. Skottie, ^_^
I especially like the kinda' scratchy effect on the avatar, and the banner's really nifty too!

As for PNJ news, the posting of the first part of chapter 3 will be delayed due to illness, and due to the fact that I want to review the first 2 chapters to make sure that everything makes sense and such.

I may also work on a banner for the fic, and perhaps even start a thread on artwork for it too.

And in case anyone is interested, before I started writing this fic, I also drew up a little map of Viron Island, which I think may be of some interest, and if I can't scan it, I'll see whether I can get someone to make a decent rendition of it on Photoshop or something.

Well, happy reading!!

And if anyone is enjoying PNJ, then ANY feedback at all would be really appreciated, just post it either here or in the thread, ^_^

Byez!
Old 10-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I might get to read PNJ sometime soon. I've been tempted to read a lot of the fics for quite a long time.

Anyway, if you noticed, I've been posting a bit on Hoenn Mirror World II. I hope everyone's enjoying it.

Oh, and I never told a lot of people about this, but if you haven't noticed by the banners that I make at my graphics thread, a lot of the places in the Hoenn Mirror World are a mix of the Hoenn cities and Kirby levels. Most of them are from the new Kirby game [Kirby & the Amazing Mirror], but there are some from Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland.

Here are the ones from KatAM:
Rustboro Ruins - Rustboro City/Raddish Ruins
Dewford Cavern - Dewform Town/Cabbage Cavern
Mauville Palace - Mauville City/Peppermint Palace
Lavaridge Mountain - Lavaridge Town/Mustard Mountain
Petalburg Mansion - Petalburg City/Moonlight Mansion
Fortree Castle - Fortree City/Carrot Castle
Mossdeep Constellation - Mossdeep City/Candy Constellation
Sootopolis Ocean - Sootopolis City/Olive Ocean

And here are the ones from KA/KNiD:
Fallarbor Valley - Fallarbor Town/Vegetable Valley
Lilycove Island - Lilycove City/Ice Cream Island
Verdanturf Yard - Vendanturf Town/Yogurt Yard

Littleroot Village, Ever Grande Cathedral, and Pacifidlog Rainforest were pretty much made up by me. But a lot of the stuff in HMWI was inspired by KatAM, and there will be more opportunites for some Kirby references in the sequel. Even some of the monsters will be spinoffs of the Kirby bosses!
Old 10-29-2004, 04:59 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Sorry for the really late update of Trial of Juno II. I've been pounded with midterms lately and I haven't had much time to update it.

But now that most of them are over, I've gotten back into it. Enjoy!

Old 10-29-2004, 05:36 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Tee hee! Once again, you amaze me, Junomeow!

So, it's back to Kivistal Juno goes. Meow.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

The Stoplek League Collection: A Trainer's View
Episode 11

A week late due to my comp being down, here it is. And to keep on schedule, there will be a new episode next week.
Also, i wrote a Summary of Ep.1-10. if ur not sure if you want to read my fic, check out the summary. hopefully it will catch some attention

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 11-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Chapter four of HMWII has been wrapped. Chapter five will be up sometime next week.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:43 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

Hey everyone, my apologies for lack of updates to AAOAL. But fear not, they will eventually come. I have 2 weeks left before I graduate from highschool! Crazy aye! So yeah after I graduate I will have a lot of spare time on my hands... and I might actually be able to finish AAOAL...

In the meantime, read either "Vengeance" or "The Golden Mightyena". If you have already have read them, could you please post a comment on them, especially Vengeance, no-one has left a comment there... I would really like to know what you think of them...
Old 11-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Skottie
Hey everyone, my apologies for lack of updates to AAOAL. But fear not, they will eventually come. I have 2 weeks left before I graduate from highschool! Crazy aye! So yeah after I graduate I will have a lot of spare time on my hands... and I might actually be able to finish AAOAL...
All right! It's about time for AAOAL-nya! Meow!

In the meantime, chapter five of Hoenn Mirror World II is kicked off-nya!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Saya Offline
Master Trainer

Hey guys! I just posted chapter one of "Learning to Heal the Hurt"! It used to be up on this site but I never finished it. I moved on to other fics but finally came back to this one after the other ones didn't go so productively. I decided to rewrite it and this is what I came up with!

Heres the summary:
After the sudden death of her mother, 13-year-old Talia O'Connel sets off on a long, hard journey for revenge. On who? Pokemon. After finding a mysterious red stone along the way, trouble just seems to pop up around every corner. And, with what seems like, the whole world after her, Talia doesn't know if she can survive...

So? Please read it and tell me what you think of it! If you do I'll give you a cookie! heh.

~Saya~

Thanks to JamieRovis from Serebii for the great banner!

Paired with Batesy!
Old 11-09-2004, 04:45 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

More of HMWII.

Code: Lyoko fans would recognize a familar (hilarious) song...
Old 11-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johto Island Girl
More of HMWII.

Code: Lyoko fans would recognize a familar (hilarious) song...
Sorry it's been a while since I've read it and responded, but I finally caught up.

Even though I've read it plenty of times, the part with Odd breakdancing ALWAYS makes me snicker and smile.

Keep up the great work JIG, I'll be looking for more!