Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:54 AM
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to masterryanx Send a message via Skype™ to masterryanx
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku
According to what I've heard, they edited the whole script to Movie 5. Not sure how accurate that is, as I've only seen the sub, but I'd say that's pretty major.

The Japanese version is great because of the music. 4Kids changes music, pokemon sounds, scripts, jokes, and adds in their own things, such as puns. On "joke" from an early episode is the one featuring Khangaskhan kid, and some might remember Misty hitting him after he asked if they were Pokemon or people; in the Japanese version, he was asking Misty if the "things" on her chest were breasts.

I'm sure there are many other jokes that were edited out completely. The first movie is also known to have been kiddified, as the Japanese version was darker (From what I've heard, 4Kids even had the first movie redone with CG for America, which was later released in Japan as a new updated version of the movie; they also had scenes added to the 4th movie to make it obvious that Sammy was Samuel Oak, scenes that only idiots would require).

There are other examples, certainly, but I can't be bothered to search for them at the current time.
I don't mind additional scenes, but I really hate it when they rip stuff out.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku
According to what I've heard, they edited the whole script to Movie 5. Not sure how accurate that is, as I've only seen the sub, but I'd say that's pretty major.

The Japanese version is great because of the music. 4Kids changes music, pokemon sounds, scripts, jokes, and adds in their own things, such as puns. On "joke" from an early episode is the one featuring Khangaskhan kid, and some might remember Misty hitting him after he asked if they were Pokemon or people; in the Japanese version, he was asking Misty if the "things" on her chest were breasts.

I'm sure there are many other jokes that were edited out completely. The first movie is also known to have been kiddified, as the Japanese version was darker (From what I've heard, 4Kids even had the first movie redone with CG for America, which was later released in Japan as a new updated version of the movie; they also had scenes added to the 4th movie to make it obvious that Sammy was Samuel Oak, scenes that only idiots would require).

There are other examples, certainly, but I can't be bothered to search for them at the current time.
We all have to remember that Pokemon USA are not the ones that *make* the anime, therefore, we can't hope for any change in that way. They work with what they get...
And as far as music goes I have seen Japanese episodes and other than the opening and closing songs the background music was the same :P
And I hope they keep the same names, and VAs, and make DVDs with both dubbed and subbed tracks on them like most animes get...
As far as age goes I think just as many fans are teenagers as there are twenty-something fans such as myself who were teens when it came out...So it's not just teens who are being overlooked ;)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 12-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

we can only hope that soon 4kids will collapse.... then they can let the fansubbers produce all the anime that 4kids was in charge of.....

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
we can only hope that soon 4kids will collapse.... then they can let the fansubbers produce all the anime that 4kids was in charge of.....
The chance of any real company giving fansubbers the rights to produce episodes is very slim...There will always be fansubbing , but I doubt it will ever be seen as legal..At least not with episodes that have already been put out in the US, dub or not...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 12-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Nasty Plasty Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Nasty Plasty Send a message via MSN to Nasty Plasty

I'm glad 4kids is getting the boot. I hate the way they ruin the anime. I've had enough of those cliches. I'd love to see it closer to the original. Maybe during the new season a true miracle will happen and more people will start watching.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Well, we'll just see if PokemonUSA makes the anime better...or worse.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:24 PM
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to masterryanx Send a message via Skype™ to masterryanx

I saw this on a very reliable Pokemon site so I thought I'd posted. It making be confused about all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokebeach.com
The Situation with 4Kids and Pokemon - Rumor Control
Over the past week, whether you have heard it or not, there has been much speculation going on over 4Kids and their rights to dubbing the Pokemon anime. All of the speculation stemmed from a press release that 4Kids made public last week (see previous news story), which stated that Pokemon USA (PUSA) had taken over the licensing of Pokemon. This meant that PUSA would now handle the merchandising of Pokemon toys, clothing, etc, and not 4Kids, who previously did. However, with 4Kids' release of the press release, there have been many misunderstandings and rumors going around that 4Kids will lose the dubbing rights to the show (which I myself even misinterpreted and believed). Further adding to this rumor is a news article posted on a large anime site, Anime News Network, which stated that they had learned that 4Kids had lost the rights to dubbing the show. However, no sources were named in the article, nor did the site explain themselves. Thus, it can be assumed that the website also misinterpreted the press release. As of now, the ONLY official word from 4Kids has been that Pokemon USA is taking over the licensing of Pokemon in general, and nothing more. The rumor that 4Kids will soon lose the dubbing rights to the show has NO FACTUAL BASIS, as NOTHING official has even suggested that they will lose the rights. All of the talk started from the misinterpretation of the press release, and people (including me), just began to go into the mindset that 4Kids would be losing the rights to the dubbing of Pokemon, and thus interpreted everything as saying so (it's psychology people ). All in all, the only thing changing as of yet is that PUSA will be handling the licensing of Pokemon, and once again, NOTHING ELSE.
But logicaly losing the rights means losing the ability to dub.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Spheal218 Offline
New Trainer

Thumbs up Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

YAy! 4kids have messd so much.
hope they keep the current voice actors but still not cut or change so much
Old 01-01-2006, 10:00 AM
jim Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to jim Send a message via AIM to jim Send a message via Yahoo to jim
Talking Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

i like hate pokemon usa but i like 4kids entertainment
Old 01-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim
i like hate pokemon usa but i like 4kids entertainment
Why do you like 4kids? They have ruined so many good anime it isn't even funny. They have effectively beaten One Piece to a pulp. And lets not go into some of the other shows...

4kids is evil.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

The way I look at it is this: I'd rather have someone dubbing it than no one at all. I felt the same way back when Dic and Cloverway were dubbing Sailor Moon. The meer fact that some sort of a dub is getting out there to bring in more fans of the show is a good thing, becuase when someone *knows* of a show, as, let's say a kid or teenager, can they look into a show in greater depth later on, on say the internet...That's what I did with both SM and pokemon..if not for the dubs I would not be the fan I am today....

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 01-02-2006, 08:09 PM
pikachuz4ever Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via MSN to pikachuz4ever

Does this mean that the tv stations showing pokemon will play re-runs? Or will they keep on showing the new shows?

Yes, I'm glad 4-kids are booted out. They are the worst, and i remember they cutted a show, which i really wanted to watch. It was never dubbed into english, and was never previewed in america. I hope they could change the singers in the theme songs, the lyrics are getting worse. The pictures for the theme songs are okay, though. I thank PokéMon USA for making this create change in history.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:01 PM
xaolin Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuz4ever
Does this mean that the tv stations showing pokemon will play re-runs? Or will they keep on showing the new shows?

Yes, I'm glad 4-kids are booted out. They are the worst, and i remember they cutted a show, which i really wanted to watch. It was never dubbed into english, and was never previewed in america. I hope they could change the singers in the theme songs, the lyrics are getting worse. The pictures for the theme songs are okay, though. I thank PokéMon USA for making this create change in history.
hi every body
Old 01-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Japucar Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Japucar Send a message via MSN to Japucar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaolin
hi every body
Please only post if you have something on-topic to say, don't SPAM

Oh, and 4 word limit

[URPG stats]

Awesome job on the HOF, ND!
Aggron @ 1063
Level 100 @ 1237

I have decided to leave this forum for a while.
For more info, go here.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:11 AM
Pokemon Master 101 Offline
Amateur Trainer

I hope that Pokemon Episodes become much better during the next season of Pokemon.