Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 03-26-2006, 10:19 PM
dark magican girl's Avatar
dark magican girl Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 207
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
I hope they keep the same voice actors too. I'm still deciding whether this is a good or bad thing...I guess they couldn't make the Anime any worse...could they?
No I really think they could not
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Alonso's Avatar
Alonso Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Pokemon USA didn't "kick off" the voice actors. The voice actors are under contract with 4Kids. So in order for Pokemon USA to get to the voice actors, they would have to make a licensing deal with 4Kids (which is unlikely, because why would you give up what is yours to a company you don't need anymore). So then you would ask, why did 4Kids ever get a licensing deal in the first place. Well it was a 8 year contract with 4Kids, because the Pokemon company in Japan was small, they couldn't handle the stuff outside of Japan. Now they're big enough to handle the US stuff (that's why they created the new company, Pokemon USA).

So yea, understand the situation first before you get mad at them, because a lot of people are getting mad at them for something they're not doing. Yes they're not going to use the original voice actors, but it's because the voice actors are under contract with 4Kids.

It's a very complex situation, so don't think it's just "kicking off" voice actors. They're not.
EXACTLY!! We are getting mad at them for something they are not doing! And what they are not doing is contracting the voice actors for their company after 4Kids finish theirs. It shouldn't be hard.

4Kids had been with the guys for 10 years, and the contract is for 8...so it should be over.
__________________
PFC: 1891 7646 2647
DFC: 1591 6232 0640
HGFC: 0775 7397 7490
Go to the Anime section



Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-27-2006, 07:35 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Charizard
EXACTLY!! We are getting mad at them for something they are not doing! And what they are not doing is contracting the voice actors for their company after 4Kids finish theirs. It shouldn't be hard.

4Kids had been with the guys for 10 years, and the contract is for 8...so it should be over.
You still don't quite understand the situation.

If Pokemon USA wanted to hire the voice actors, they couldn't. 4Kids "owns" the voice actors, and they still do. The contract I mentioned was the contract between Pokemon USA and 4Kids. 4Kids and the voice actors have a seperate contract. In order for Pokemon USA to even be ABLE to contract with the voice actors, the voice actors must break their contract with 4Kids (essentially, quitting 4Kids). And there's no way the voice actors will quit 4Kids, since they do other voices for 4Kids, not just Pokemon voices. So if they quit 4Kids, they're not just quitting Pokemon, but every single other anime that they do.

For example, Julia Roberts can work for in a movie for Fox, but she can also work in a movie for Sony. But that's different for these voice actors. 4Kids owns these voice actors. So again, Pokemon USA can't just hire the voice actors.

If it were up to me, hire the same voice actors again, but as I mentioned, that's not as simple as most people think. It's not like they can offer Veronica Taylor a contract, she's under contract with 4Kids.

Hope you understand that, if not, just tell me what you don't understand and I'll explain it further.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-27-2006, 08:49 AM
vile plumb's Avatar
vile plumb Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Pokemon USA didn't "kick off" the voice actors. The voice actors are under contract with 4Kids. So in order for Pokemon USA to get to the voice actors, they would have to make a licensing deal with 4Kids (which is unlikely, because why would you give up what is yours to a company you don't need anymore). So then you would ask, why did 4Kids ever get a licensing deal in the first place. Well it was a 8 year contract with 4Kids, because the Pokemon company in Japan was small, they couldn't handle the stuff outside of Japan. Now they're big enough to handle the US stuff (that's why they created the new company, Pokemon USA).

So yea, understand the situation first before you get mad at them, because a lot of people are getting mad at them for something they're not doing. Yes they're not going to use the original voice actors, but it's because the voice actors are under contract with 4Kids.

It's a very complex situation, so don't think it's just "kicking off" voice actors. They're not.
OOOOH. Wow, I feel kind of embarrased now... I'm sorry. Everything I've been reading it's always sounded like they were kicking them off, so I took it that way. But what you say makes complete sense. Thanks for clearing that up I'll try not to jump the gun so quickly next time.

I just feel bad for the voice actors overall.
__________________
'cause they're all wrong
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-28-2006, 02:06 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vile plumb
OOOOH. Wow, I feel kind of embarrased now... I'm sorry. Everything I've been reading it's always sounded like they were kicking them off, so I took it that way. But what you say makes complete sense. Thanks for clearing that up I'll try not to jump the gun so quickly next time.

I just feel bad for the voice actors overall.
Just a lot of confusion out there on what's really happening, nothing to be sorry about .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-28-2006, 05:27 AM
Orange_Flaaffy's Avatar
Orange_Flaaffy Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California USA
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

From what I heard many of the voice actors *do* want to quit their 4Kids jobs and go other to whoever owns dubbing pokemon now, but becuase they are doing other voices 4kids is not letting them leave. Stupid contract :P.
__________________
*Is 28 now*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-28-2006, 11:32 PM
masterryanx's Avatar
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: California, USA
Posts: 523
Send a message via AIM to masterryanx Send a message via Skype™ to masterryanx
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

I knew of this contract from thhe start, but who says the fans can't put some input into the matter?

Hey Ryan, do you know if if it would be too late for 4Kids and PUSA to create a new contract?

BTW, haven't Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor did voice work for other companies like FUNimation and Central Park Media not just 4Kids?
__________________
"Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together."
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-31-2006, 11:51 AM
vile plumb's Avatar
vile plumb Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Just a lot of confusion out there on what's really happening, nothing to be sorry about .
lol yea... definitely veeeeeery confusing....

I hope at least something good comes out of everything.
__________________
'cause they're all wrong
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-01-2006, 07:44 AM
AshMistyMayfan's Avatar
AshMistyMayfan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Johto
Posts: 3,080
Default Re: Pokemon USA and 4Kids Entertainment Cuts Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Just a lot of confusion out there on what's really happening, nothing to be sorry about .
But we have to get mad at somebody! We need the original voice actors. That's a bunch of bunk to say they're still under contract. I watch Pro Wrestling. THe World Championship Wrestling on TNT went under, as in bought out by formerly World Wrestling Federation, now WWE for Entertainment. Stars like Booker T, Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, and other UNDER a WCW CONTRACT were hired by the WWE because WCW went under. IF 4 Kids does not own Pokemon anymore, shouldn't the original voices thus be offered a contract by Pokemon USA since 4 KIds DOES NOT own the right to Pokemon anymore? IT's like saying in the National Football League that you the free agent DO NOT have a right to leave Team A and play for TEam B no matter what Team B has offered you, you stay with Team A and you take what A gives you even if it's unreasonable. 4 Kids is being unreasonable about this, and Pokemon USA should have a right to have these voices so why shouldn't I get mad? I Feel not enough is being done to warrant saving the show if you are going to offer quallifed garbage for talent!
__________________
ATeam's elite members. If you are stuck in a dungeon, you better contact the ATeam.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com