Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-25-2004, 06:58 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Seeing is Believing, your thoughts

**Jessie is a total dummy not to notice the difference. I know when I first saw Cascoon and Silcoon, thought my TV was broken on the color, but now, it's easy to tell apart thanks to Birch talking about the eyes. Plus if Jessie LISTENED carefully to the Pokemon cry, it said 'Cascoon, Cascoon,' not 'Silcoon, Silcoon!'

**But man oh man, I laughed and did my Birch impersonation of rolling on the floor when Meowth said it was a Beautifly and didn't know a Meowth, oh man! That was the funniest thing!

**I did not understand Jessie's stupidity at all, it makes her into an incompetent character 'not to know a Pokemon.'

**I swear, one of the Seedot sounded like a girl when Max rubbed it with a leaf. That was interesting how it hangs from a tree to get its nutrients like that and then they fall like acorns to find another tree.

May's Pokemon: Level 10 when it evolved, the tackle on Dustox bumped it to 10 for the Beautifly evolution.
Jessie's Pokemon: Probably level 6, battle with Meowth-Cacnea, level 8, battle with Ash/May eventually leveled it to 10 for its Dustox evolution.

**May is good at Pokemon, but the problem I'm going to see is how can Beautifly be framed at Lillicove? I looked at its attacks, attacks it can learn, it's just not enough to get framed in Lillicove. Skitty, when May gets it, has to learn 'Covet' for a shot at Lillicove. I also strongly feel May has to battle more, I keep saying it over and over that you can't just have her for contests. Lack of battling will always lag her team. May is a good character, but she still has ways to go. Don't forget, a year later in Japan, May has Skitty, soon to be 'Indigo Pokemon' I won't name unless you check Serebii's site, but hasn't entered the Slateport contest yet. Ash on the other hand 'gained more badges.' Beautifly should learn the move Aerial Ace to smack Dustox, Gust is a weak 35 powered attack.

Everytime May says she's going to contests, I feel sick. She's more better then that, I don't know if I got to beat the writers with a stick or something to tell them to BATTLE May more! The contests on TV, I admit I got to see them for myself, but the way the symposis has been written about it sound like a joke. It's no way similar to the contests on the RS games, and that's sad. I thought if you write from the game, accurate your story. ALso when May enters contests, it should not be a breeze to win. Challenge.

My opinion on the episode, other then painful observations noted, was made to excellence and fun to see. 9 out of 10 due to Jessie being dumb, Meowth pretending to be Beautifly, May's good handling of Pokemon, and Birch doing what he does best in rolling around, ah hahahahhaaaa!
Old 04-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish
Default Re: Seeing is Believing, your thoughts

I give it 9/10 also. It was a funny ep!

And that wasn't really Jessie being stupid, that was her being her usual self; stubbern and refusing to listen to others. That's her character.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Japoro

That episod havent been showed in Sweden yet.. atleast not on our regulary channels.
The latest episod was when Ash lost in pokemon league (master quest)

But atleast i have a danish channel that shows the beginning of pokemon advance but I have some problem with the understanding of that... but whatever...
Old 04-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

Craziest episode ever.

James: It'll evolve into a Dustox!
Jessy: A Dustox?!
James: I mean, a Beautifly.

10/10
Old 04-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

damn, I want to see that episod... is it far into the pokemon advance shows?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:50 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japoro
damn, I want to see that episod... is it far into the pokemon advance shows?

Oh man, I feel for you. I feel the same way in America, there's so much stuff being shown in Japan, like Ash's 'other gym battles', May's contests, and reading about it on Serebii is not the same as seeing it. Japan is like 46 or so episodes ahead of us, as in what we saw here today was broadcasted nearly a year ago in Japan. Boy, Japan is a day ahead and a year ahead of us in Pokemon. I'll be glad when Ash finally gets off 'Survivor Pokemon Dewford Island' and get back on the road, sheesh, battle Brawley already!

But yeah, the fact of Jessie not knowing Cascoon/Silcoon and Meowth parading around in a Beautifly outfit is PRICELESS and good hearted laughing. It's also a sight to see Birch rolling around with Seedot and Max's tender side to Pokemon. May also had a great side to defend her Pokemon.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

How many episodes do america sends per week?
in sweden there are only goes 1 episod per week and thats on saturday morning
Old 04-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japoro
How many episodes do america sends per week?
in sweden there are only goes 1 episod per week and thats on saturday morning
We see one new one a week. That's on Saturday morning for us as well. But we see an old one each week day, and one old one on Saturday mornings right after the new one is shown. So, 7 total, but only 1 new.

Of course.. The way they're going now, we end up seeing a new ep about once a month.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Dude, it's apart of the show. It wouldn't be as funny if Jessie was like:"Oh my god my sweet Wurmple turned into a ugly cascoon!" It would be funny but not as much.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:52 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Surely I wouldn't want Jessie to 'bad mouth her Pokemon' and say her Dustox was the worse Pokemon she ever got, but at the same time, she should look at the facts of her Pokemon:

Cascoon, very slight different color then Silcoon
Different eyes, obvious
A different evolution for both Pokemon: Silcoon>Beautifly, Cascoon>Dustox
And Jessie wouldn't listen to what James and Meowth were saying

I thought the portrayal of Jessie and how she saw her Pokemon wasn't done correctly, it made her look foolish not to look at the 4 differences as noted of her Pokemon.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomish
We see one new one a week. That's on Saturday morning for us as well. But we see an old one each week day, and one old one on Saturday mornings right after the new one is shown. So, 7 total, but only 1 new.

Of course.. The way they're going now, we end up seeing a new ep about once a month.
yes,, they should show new epiodse more than they do... especally now and here in sweden so I could b e with you in your chats about "the latest episodes"